It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bulls Deadline Deal?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:44 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Crowley will run with anything that appears to be Anti Bull. It gets old after awhile. That's my point. The whole fannies in the seats thing is right up his alley when it comes to Bulls reporting.

What is inherently wrong with a critical attitude of the Bulls? Don't they merit such criticism from time to time. I assume you don't want the cheerleaders also working part time as beat reporters and columnists.

With Cowley his biases are evident when it comes to Reinsdorf owned teams. Did the same thing with the White Sox. It's obvious who his sources are because he never criticizes them for anything.

I don't mind criticism of the local teams but the Bulls aren't the train wreck that everyone keeps painting them out to be. I'm not that hopeful for the future given where they are at currently but they aren't the worst franchise or even the bottom 10. They are on course to make the playoffs.

I don't know what people thought they were going to get anyway. The Bulls only have one asset with value and that is Butler. They weren't going to get two top first round picks for him and it is likely that they wouldn't have gotten one.

Cowley is too predictable as a writer.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
312player wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Chicago Bulls Rumors
Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics deal wasn't close. Bulls wanted to get Celtics core pieces & not draft picks. (Source: Adrian Wojnarowski)

I'm not actually seeing where Woj said this but if this is true... :lol: :lol: :cry:

IF true fire everyone IMMEDIATELY!

Quote:
That would jibe with Cowley's piece on ownership wanting to ensure the stadium is packed above all

Cowley is nothing more than a one note Reinsdorf/management detractor. The Bulls did a complete rebuild following the Jordan years. It was so successful that they had to do another one 5 years later. He probably doesn't want to do it because he doesn't have another 5 years to go. I'm in favor of it but unless you give up Butler (no one wants that) what do we expect in trades. Taj GIbson is going to fetch anything in trade and neither is McBuckets.

I at least was amenable to giving up Butler if Boston actually was generous with their assets. I didn't want GarPax leading a full-scale rebuild but I don't want them doing anything, and if the Celtics came with a proper offer I could be convinced, as they had the ammo. And according to Woj, it sounds like they were prepared to do so, but the Bulls instead preferred aiming for their core players instead of their draft picks, which largely undermines the point of getting rid of Butler in the first place.

Boston sources said Chicago was looking for " core players" not picks :lol:

Pax is even dumber than I thought, smh.

I've seen it opined that that story was pretty much just Ainge talking out his ass.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:47 pm 

What is the likelihood that Cowley will use it as verification of Bulls ineptitude?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Don Tiny wrote:
312player wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Chicago Bulls Rumors
Chicago Bulls and Boston Celtics deal wasn't close. Bulls wanted to get Celtics core pieces & not draft picks. (Source: Adrian Wojnarowski)

I'm not actually seeing where Woj said this but if this is true... :lol: :lol: :cry:

IF true fire everyone IMMEDIATELY!

Quote:
That would jibe with Cowley's piece on ownership wanting to ensure the stadium is packed above all

Cowley is nothing more than a one note Reinsdorf/management detractor. The Bulls did a complete rebuild following the Jordan years. It was so successful that they had to do another one 5 years later. He probably doesn't want to do it because he doesn't have another 5 years to go. I'm in favor of it but unless you give up Butler (no one wants that) what do we expect in trades. Taj GIbson is going to fetch anything in trade and neither is McBuckets.

I at least was amenable to giving up Butler if Boston actually was generous with their assets. I didn't want GarPax leading a full-scale rebuild but I don't want them doing anything, and if the Celtics came with a proper offer I could be convinced, as they had the ammo. And according to Woj, it sounds like they were prepared to do so, but the Bulls instead preferred aiming for their core players instead of their draft picks, which largely undermines the point of getting rid of Butler in the first place.

Boston sources said Chicago was looking for " core players" not picks :lol:

Pax is even dumber than I thought, smh.[/quote]
I've seen it opined that that story was pretty much just Ainge talking out his ass.[/quote]

That could be true, I heard it from Kap, he seems to repeat horseshit he read on Twitter as facts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:39 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Best part of the Paxson's press conference was how he's now trying to blame Thibs for the McDermott debacle:
Quote:
You know what, you guys can call it that if you want. We don't look back like that. Everyone's saying we traded up for Doug, we gave up five picks. When we traded Anthony Randolph and the two picks to Orlando, we did that to create cap space for Pau Gasol. So you can do it any way you want. In essence, we traded up to get Doug. Our entire organization was on board. Our coaching staff pushed very hard at that time in that draft to move up to get Doug. They wanted him. So again, it was an organizational thing. So I guess when things don't work out, you can look at me, look at Gar, whatever. It doesn't matter. But that was an organizational decision. Our coaches were very involved.
This is some of the most condescending, passive aggressive bullshit I've read from GarPax, and it's not like they've been lacking in that area over the years. It's always the fault of someone else.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:28 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Crowley will run with anything that appears to be Anti Bull. It gets old after awhile. That's my point. The whole fannies in the seats thing is right up his alley when it comes to Bulls reporting.

What is inherently wrong with a critical attitude of the Bulls? Don't they merit such criticism from time to time. I assume you don't want the cheerleaders also working part time as beat reporters and columnists.

With Cowley his biases are evident when it comes to Reinsdorf owned teams. Did the same thing with the White Sox. It's obvious who his sources are because he never criticizes them for anything.

I don't mind criticism of the local teams but the Bulls aren't the train wreck that everyone keeps painting them out to be. I'm not that hopeful for the future given where they are at currently but they aren't the worst franchise or even the bottom 10. They are on course to make the playoffs.

I don't know what people thought they were going to get anyway. The Bulls only have one asset with value and that is Butler. They weren't going to get two top first round picks for him and it is likely that they wouldn't have gotten one.

Cowley is too predictable as a writer.

As the Reinsdorf's are too predictable as owners

I'm out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:53 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Best part of the Paxson's press conference was how he's now trying to blame Thibs for the McDermott debacle:
Quote:
You know what, you guys can call it that if you want. We don't look back like that. Everyone's saying we traded up for Doug, we gave up five picks. When we traded Anthony Randolph and the two picks to Orlando, we did that to create cap space for Pau Gasol. So you can do it any way you want. In essence, we traded up to get Doug. Our entire organization was on board. Our coaching staff pushed very hard at that time in that draft to move up to get Doug. They wanted him. So again, it was an organizational thing. So I guess when things don't work out, you can look at me, look at Gar, whatever. It doesn't matter. But that was an organizational decision. Our coaches were very involved.
This is some of the most condescending, passive aggressive bullshit I've read from GarPax, and it's not like they've been lacking in that area over the years. It's always the fault of someone else.

The Bulls are a backdoor organization no doubt. I think Paxson was returning the favor for Thibs and his people leaking information regarding wanting to draft Draemond Green.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:58 am 

long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Quote:

The Bulls are a backdoor organization no doubt. I think Paxson was returning the favor for Thibs and his people leaking information about drafting Draemond Green.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:44 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
The Bulls are a backdoor organization no doubt. .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:55 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
long time guy wrote:

I don't really follow his Bulls coverage, but this was definitely true when he was on the White Sox beat. I wasn't sure whether he was a sports writer or Ozzie's press agent.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:19 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I don't really follow his Bulls coverage, but this was definitely true when he was on the White Sox beat. I wasn't sure whether he was a sports writer or Ozzie's press agent.

he's Jimmy Butler's best friend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He did most definitely come across as Ozzie's publicist and I hated him, I think he learned that was a huge mistake and real unprofessional after Ozzie went to Miami and didn't return his calls..he's a much different journalist now, he's pretty good.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Quote:

The Bulls are a backdoor organization no doubt. I think Paxson was returning the favor for Thibs and his people leaking information regarding wanting to draft Draemond Green.

Except the Green stuff is precisely why Paxson's excuse-making here isn't really believable. The same front office that was insistent on Marquise Teague over Draymond Green, even going so far to fire Ron Adams in part for his criticism of their choice, was now suddenly into deferring to the coaching staff? McDermottt couldn't even find the floor often under Thibs (hell this was one of the many reasons these clowns put forward for firing him!), yet we're supposed to believe he was chomping at the bit to pick him and demanded they trade up to do so?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:26 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Quote:

Except the Green stuff is precisely why Paxson's excuse-making here isn't really believable. The same front office that was insistent on Marquise Teague over Draymond Green, even going so far to fire Ron Adams in part for his criticism of their choice, was now suddenly into deferring to the coaching staff? McDermottt couldn't even find the floor often under Thibs (hell this was one of the many reasons these clowns put forward for firing him!), yet we're supposed to believe he was chomping at the bit to pick him and demanded they trade up to do so?

right, because a defensive minded coach wants someone who plays 0 defense :lol: