It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bulls/Celtics- ABC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:12 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Bizarre rotations and general on the court (not to mention off the court) dysfunction predate the trade and even the Wade and Rondo signings. In his defense, that's the one thing Hoiberg has been consistent about.

Predate sounds good but the truth is that he was beset by injuries last season. He had to do a lot of crazy shit. This year isn't the case unless he is being ordered to do it. You can't just start throwing guys in the way that he does and expect to win. Payne looks awful as a point guard. Terrible shot selection and vision.

They need to move Butler. The Bulls will never go anywhere with him as 1st or 2nd option. If you are a top 10 guy then you don't have the string of clunkers that he has had over the past month.

That isn't on Hoiberg.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:13 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Bizarre rotations and general on the court (not to mention off the court) dysfunction predate the trade and even the Wade and Rondo signings. In his defense, that's the one thing Hoiberg has been consistent about.

Predate sounds good but the truth is that he was beset by injuries last season. He had to do a lot of crazy shit. This year isn't the case unless he is being ordered to do it. You can't just start throwing guys in the way that he does and expect to win. Payne looks awful as a point guard. Terrible shot selection and vision.

They need to move Butler. The Bulls will never go anywhere with him as 1st or 2nd option. If you are a top 10 guy then you don't have the string of clunkers that he has had over the past month.

That isn't on Hoiberg.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Far be it from me to defend Hoiberg but it's hard for me to put the bizarre rotations entirely on him. There's definitely an element of throwing shit against the wall and hoping something works in his coaching, but I'm also pretty sure Gar's the one making the call to feature "young talent"/scrubs like Lauvergne heavily.

Agree with this. There has to be some internal pressure to play guys like Payne and Lauvergne. Payne was terrible for OKC yet he comes here and is immediately allowed to jack up shots. He gets right in the mix

I've been telling you for years now that Gar is the problem. It's not surprising that the last good draft the Bulls had was when Paxson was in charge. He's destroyed this franchise. Nothing he's done has been helpful.

Though I blamed Gar above, I disagree with any framing that seems to absolve Paxson of responsibility for this mess. I've long said that he's co-signed everything Gar's been doing, can't be bothered to stop it, or is useless to stop it. And for all the credit he gets for leading a "successful rebuild," note that he'd be remembered much differently if he hadn't lucked into Rose after the 2007-2008 team sputtered out. He needs to go as much as Fred and Gar.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

That isn't on Hoiberg.

Could it be his heel is not fully recovered? Because his string of "clunkers" go back to the time of his injury....does your hate for him cloud your thinking that much :(

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:29 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Far be it from me to defend Hoiberg but it's hard for me to put the bizarre rotations entirely on him. There's definitely an element of throwing shit against the wall and hoping something works in his coaching, but I'm also pretty sure Gar's the one making the call to feature "young talent"/scrubs like Lauvergne heavily.

Agree with this. There has to be some internal pressure to play guys like Payne and Lauvergne. Payne was terrible for OKC yet he comes here and is immediately allowed to jack up shots. He gets right in the mix

I've been telling you for years now that Gar is the problem. It's not surprising that the last good draft the Bulls had was when Paxson was in charge. He's destroyed this franchise. Nothing he's done has been helpful.

Though I blamed Gar above, I disagree with any framing that seems to absolve Paxson of responsibility for this mess. I've long said that he's co-signed everything Gar's been doing, can't be bothered to stop it, or is useless to stop it. And for all the credit he gets for leading a "successful rebuild," note that he'd be remembered much differently if he hadn't lucked into Rose after the 2007-2008 team sputtered out. He needs to go as much as Fred and Gar.

Not to mention he hired Gar, he could veto anything he didn't agree with. He was just too much of a pussy to face the media so he hired Gar to be the fall guy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:03 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

That isn't on Hoiberg.

Could it be his heel is not fully recovered? Because his string of "clunkers" go back to the time of his injury....does your hate for him cloud your thinking that much :(

excuses are for cowards and losers. He is moving ok to me and it still hasn't stopped him from ball hogging.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:26 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

That isn't on Hoiberg.

excuses are for cowards and losers. He is moving ok to me and it still hasn't stopped him from ball hogging.

quoting some of Ditka...the original coward and loser....who would you suggest Butler be sharing the ball with?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:48 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

That isn't on Hoiberg.

quoting some of Ditka...the original coward and loser....who would you suggest Butler be sharing the ball with?

He should step aside and allow Rondo to run the offense. I'm convinced that Butler the snake is reason that Rondo isn't in the starting lineup. Remember or not, that it was Butler who told Hoiberg that he should run point last season. Look at whose running point for the Bulls now? You can have all of the Butler love that you desire but get used to losing if he is the "guy".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:05 am 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

That isn't on Hoiberg.

He should step aside and allow Rondo to run the offense. I'm convinced that Butler the snake is reason that Rondo isn't in the starting lineup. Remember or not, that it was Butler who told Hoiberg that he should run point last season. Look at whose running point for the Bulls now? You can have all of the Butler love that you desire but get used to losing if he is the "guy".

Leader in touches PG Rondo?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:13 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:

i'm sure the offense would be running a lot smoother with the guy who dribbles the ball into the ground for 22 seconds of the 24 and can't shoot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:41 am 

Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

i'm sure the offense would be running a lot smoother with the guy who dribbles the ball into the ground for 22 seconds of the 24 and can't shoot

There isn't a player on the Bulls who gets guys looks like Rondo. How many times do you have to see Butler call for the high screen roll before you become convinced that he shouldn't dominate the ball like he does? when he isn't doing it Wade does it. This isn't Batman and Robin. This shit is like the Green Hornet and Kato.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

There isn't a player on the Bulls who gets guys looks like Rondo. How many times do you have to see Butler call for the high screen roll before you become convinced that he shouldn't dominate the ball like he does? when he isn't doing it Wade does it. This isn't Batman and Robin. This shit is like the Green Hornet and Kato.

:lol: :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Bagels wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I've never understood why the guy can't shoot straight...he has a decent looking shot. A guy like Horford shoots the way he does and clips a decent percentage, even from three.

At this point, why would you want someone competent running the team anyway? The Bulls would be best served to throw Cannon in there and lose the rest of the way.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Since the Bulls seem to think they can re-build and compete for the playoffs at the same time, as much as Rondo has been a benefit to the 2nd unit, why not put him back in the starting unit with Butler, Wade, Lopez and whatever PF they prefer for and just settle on getting their best players the most minutes? They may not want to admit it, but none of these PG's (Cannon,Grant, Payne, etc.) are starting caliber, much less 2nd string. If the goal of making the playoffs super-cedes the development of any of these players, Rondo should get significant minutes (35+) until they are eliminated from the playoffs.

I'd probably rather just play Mirotic as well, if the goal is the playoffs. Portis isn't an NBA player. That's not to say Mirotic is playing well, and not horribly, but, in my view, he's better than Portis.

Paul Zipser, Miroric, Valentine and one of the backup PG's should round out a 9 man rotation.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:06 pm 

BD wrote:
Paul Zipser, Miroric, Valentine and one of the backup PG's should round out a 9 man rotation.

....for a NBDL team

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:10 pm 

Bagels wrote:
BD wrote:

....for a NBDL team

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
When Paul is standing outside the 3 point line,Stacy King should yell out:

"Hey, Your Zipser is open!"

They can sale T-shirts and make a mint.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
BD wrote:

....for a NBDL team

Perhaps, but, in my opinion, you have to cut the rotation and stop playing 10-12 guys each night. Get it down to who your best players are and make your best attempt at a run. They probably do want to make the playoffs and develop some of the youth at the same time, which rarely works out, but, if given that path, I think the option is to pare it down and play the best from the worst from there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
Fred couldn't find what rotation to use last year! And what ever cockamamie offense he runs if it involves any perimeter shooting this ain't the bunch

They surrounded the guy with high school coaches. You're not going to improve much if given a hand like that.

What the hell are you talking about

When you bring in a first time head coach and ask him to coach a veteran team it's a good idea to surround him with quality NBA assistants.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:42 pm 

BD wrote:
Bagels wrote:
BD wrote:

....for a NBDL team

Perhaps, but, in my opinion, you have to cut the rotation and stop playing 10-12 guys each night. Get it down to who your best players are and make your best attempt at a run. They probably do want to make the playoffs and develop some of the youth at the same time, which rarely works out, but, if given that path, I think the option is to pare it down and play the best from the worst from there.

honestly, it doesn't matter what they do. make a run to get swept in the 1st round?...sure, go for it. Play all the young players that are awful ? I guess. just throw some warm bodies out there each night and pray the season ends as quickly as possible , that's really all you can do

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

I don't think Paxson has. They both have different visions for the direction that the team should go in.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
jimmypasta wrote:
When Paul is standing outside the 3 point line,Stacy King should yell out:

"Hey, Your Zipser is open!"

They can sale T-shirts and make a mint.

That sounds like something King would actually say.

I hate Stacey King.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

I don't think Paxson has. They both have different visions for the direction that the team should go in.
The mere fact that Paxson thinks that the Bulls should blow it up (or at least has seen fit to leak to his buddies in his press that he thinks they should blow it up so as not to be blamed) does not mean that he should stick around by default. He played an active role in creating the need for the team to be blown up. The actual rebuilding process should be in the hands of someone who's not a proven failure like him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Fred couldn't find what rotation to use last year! And what ever cockamamie offense he runs if it involves any perimeter shooting this ain't the bunch

They surrounded the guy with high school coaches. You're not going to improve much if given a hand like that.

When you bring in a first time head coach and ask him to coach a veteran team it's a good idea to surround him with quality NBA assistants.

His only handpicked guy is Jim Boylen.

I can't believe he was clamoring for Pete Myers assistance and we all know why Randy Brown is on that bench.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Matches Malone wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

I can't believe he was clamoring for Pete Myers assistance and we all know why Randy Brown is on that bench.

He was set up to fail.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

The mere fact that Paxson thinks that the Bulls should blow it up (or at least has seen fit to leak to his buddies in his press that he thinks they should blow it up so as not to be blamed) does not mean that he should stick around by default. He played an active role in creating the need for the team to be blown up. The actual rebuilding process should be in the hands of someone who's not a proven failure like him.

I disagree. When Paxson was in charge the Bulls were competing for a championship every year and drafted well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
Nas wrote:
He was set up to fail.

I agree that he was hamstrung, but why though? And why dole out a 5 year deal if that's your mindset?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:16 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Nas wrote:
He was set up to fail.

I agree that he was hamstrung, but why though? And why dole out a 5 year deal if that's your mindset?

That's really the worst part of the whole deal. Giving a 5 year deal to a first time coach is ludicrous. No other pro team was even interested in bringing him in, so the Bulls were just bidding against themselves. Hoiberg wasn't even ever an assistant at the pro level.

A first time coach should get a 3 year deal so you can easily cut him loose in 2 seasons if he's not working. Jerry is not going to eat the 3 remaining years of this contract.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Douchebag wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
Nas wrote:
He was set up to fail.

That's really the worst part of the whole deal. Giving a 5 year deal to a first time coach is ludicrous. No other pro team was even interested in bringing him in, so the Bulls were just bidding against themselves. Hoiberg wasn't even ever an assistant at the pro level.

A first time coach should get a 3 year deal so you can easily cut him loose in 2 seasons if he's not working. Jerry is not going to eat the 3 remaining years of this contract.

This.

Who were you even bidding against?

Stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:36 pm 

Matches Malone wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

What about Mike Wilhelm? Wasn't he with him at Iowa State

I'm out.