It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
1) Tom Thibodeau (2011 NBA COY; 10th best W/L % all-time for coaches with at least five seasons of experience) sucks
2) Jamal Crawford (3 time 6th man of the year award winner) is a loser
3) Taj Gibson (support cast player) and All NBA All-Star Jimmy Butler are the primary reasons why the Bulls are under .500 the past two years
4) Bulls employees Stacey King and Sam Smith objectively analyze Bulls basketball
5) Winning a playoff series with the following starting lineup:

Noah
Boozer
Belinelli
Butler (pre all-star)
Nate Robinson

is not impressive

6) Western conference basketball is currently not superior to Eastern conference basketball because Western conference play is expected to decline next year

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:38 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
1) Tom Thibodeau (2011 NBA COY; 10th best W/L % all-time for coaches with at least five seasons of experience) sucks
3) Taj Gibson (support cast player) and All NBA All-Star Jimmy Butler are the primary reasons why the Bulls are under .500 the past two years
4) Bulls employees Stacey King and Sam Smith objectively analyze Bulls basketball

Noah
Boozer
Belinelli
Butler (pre all-star)
Nate Robinson

is not impressive

6) Western conference basketball is currently not superior to Eastern conference basketball because Western conference play is expected to decline next year

It beats saying that the Bulls have a record only because they play in the East. Mind you Dallas has a better record despite having a D-League starting backcourt and So does Denver. I'm sure you had both with a better record prior to the start of the season.

How is that Rondo sig working out for you?

Actually Sky King should be the biggest Jimmy Butler homer going given the circumstances. It is sort of refreshing to hear an analyst bash the "franchise" guy. You don't see it often.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
veganfan21 wrote:

Noah
Boozer
Belinelli
Butler (pre all-star)
Nate Robinson

is not impressive

Holy fuck this is good. I give him credit for the Kyrie vs. Steph finals prediction, but a lot of his NBA thoughts are a little... Off base.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:44 pm 

Btw I'm convinced he doesn't like Thibs because he thinks he's a puff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i think it's more likely he's asexual

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:51 pm 

Bagels wrote:

This could be true. He could be such a basketball junkie he doesn't have time for booty digging or pussy hunting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:55 pm 

Jamal Crawford's record in years in which he has started the vast majority of games.

174- 329

Let the excuse making and spinning begin!

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:00 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

I don't care about that is his business. I just choose not to overrate him. He is an average coach that had a few things break early for him and people chose to anoint him as a god. For all the Thibs love around here he hasn't done anything this season to disprove anything that I have said about him has he? We can play the crystal ball game is we like but when he comes up short people will

A: Move on to another topic or B: Obsess over some "obsession" that I suppose to have.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I don't care about that is his business. I just choose not to overrate him. He is an average coach that had a few things break early for him and people chose to anoint him as a god. For all the Thibs love around here he hasn't done anything this season to disprove anything that I have said about him has he? We can play the crystal ball game is we like but when he comes up short people will

A: Move on to another topic or B: Obsess over some "obsession" that I suppose to have.

He'll be fine in Minny as long as they hang on to both Wiggins and Towns.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:03 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

What exactly is fine though? People had him contending for a championship in 3 years. I don't see that. They may creep up into the 6th seed by year 3. If Hoiberg did that people would still want to lynch him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

What exactly is fine though? People had him contending for a championship in 3 years. I don't see that. They may creep up into the 6th seed by year 3. If Hoiberg did that people would still want to lynch him.

If Rubio keeps playing like he has range this team can be a contender by year 3 if they hold on to the bulk of the roster.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Bagels wrote:

Jurko wrote:
A sexual what? Dynamo?

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Rajon Rondo is a good teammate whose blowups with multiple teams have been overstated, whereas Jimmy Butler is bad teammate and coach killer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
ZephMarshack wrote:
Rajon Rondo is a good teammate whose blowups with multiple teams have been overstated, whereas Jimmy Butler is bad teammate and coach killer.

His departure from Boston and Sacramento weren't even close to blows ups. It's basically only the Dallas thing. This year, outside of the Instagram post I guess, he's handled everything about as professionally as one could ask for. So yes, that is clearly something that has been overstated.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

His departure from Boston and Sacramento weren't even close to blows ups. It's basically only the Dallas thing. This year, outside of the Instagram post I guess, he's handled everything about as professionally as one could ask for. So yes, that is clearly something that has been overstated.

He continues to passive aggressively take shots at Ray Allen to this day and he shit on his teammates in Sacramento on the way out. The scout in that Ken Berger article said he's been ignoring Hoiberg's play calls as much as Butler and Wade, continuing his legacy from the Dallas days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:16 pm 

Rondo is a piece of shit. He's nothing but a mediocre role player in today's NBA. I'll never forget the stories of his cry baby bullhshit in Boston.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:17 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

He continues to passive aggressively take shots at Ray Allen to this day and he shit on his teammates in Sacramento on the way out. The scout in that Ken Berger article said he's been ignoring Hoiberg's play calls as much as Butler and Wade, continuing his legacy from the Dallas days.

His teammates wanted him to stay in Sacramento. Cousins was the most vocal about it. Hoiberg is a terrible coach and whatever "plays" he is calling should be ignored. Hoiberg has already had 3 point guards go from starting to being a DNP - CD this year, so it's hard to fault Rondo for playing how he knows how to when he gets out of there. He had a good year last year, has played well when give consistent minutes this year, and will play well next year wherever he is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:20 pm 

Define playing well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

His teammates wanted him to stay in Sacramento. Cousins was the most vocal about it. Hoiberg is a terrible coach and whatever "plays" he is calling should be ignored. Hoiberg has already had 3 point guards go from starting to being a DNP - CD this year, so it's hard to fault Rondo for playing how he knows how to when he gets out of there. He had a good year last year, has played well when give consistent minutes this year, and will play well next year wherever he is.

Regardless of how his teammates felt about him in Sacrameto, Rondo took shots at them repeatedly in free agency, big upping his own assist numbers because of who he was playing with. I didn't even mention his feud with Rivers, which was cited as one of the main reasons Rivers was sent to LA in the first place.

I agree that Hoiberg is a bad coach, but I'd still say between Rondo and Butler one guy has a far more extensive history as a "malcontent."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:28 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Regardless of how his teammates felt about him in Sacrameto, Rondo took shots at them repeatedly in free agency, big upping his own assist numbers because of who he was playing with. I didn't even mention his feud with Rivers, which was cited as one of the main reasons Rivers was sent to LA in the first place.

I agree that Hoiberg is a bad coach, but I'd still say between Rondo and Butler one guy has a far more extensive history as a "malcontent."

Ok, but that history is clearly overstated, which was the original point. He's only been a malcontent for one team during one season his entire career.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
FavreFan wrote:
His teammates wanted him to stay in Sacramento. Cousins was the most vocal about it.

solid reference there

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:02 pm 

I like FF, but Rondo sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:32 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:

Jimmy Butler was the only teammate to blow off a player retreat before the start of last season.

Jimmy Butler stated that the Bulls had a void in leadership even though there was a Hall of Famer/2 time champion, Noah, and Taj Gibson on the team. Jimmy Butler also stated that he was the person to fill that roll even though there were numerous veterans that were more equipped to do so.

Jimmy Butler cursed the coaching staff out during a film session and walked out.

Jimmy Butler told his coach that he wasn't going to play in a game unless he was allowed to play point guard.

Jimmy Butler bashed the young players for not playing hard enough during the season.

Jimmy Butler instructed the coach to run more iso plays for him in the early stages of said coach's NBA career.

Jimmy Butler repeatedly undermines and ridicules his coach during games.

Yeah he is one swell guy that Jimmy Butler.

Nick Friedell also has commented on how teammates don't really care for Butler either. All of this gets ignored because Butler is the best player on a shitty team.

Hoiberg can be a weak coach but he still deserves respect. Butler isn't good enough as a player to determine who the coach of the Bulls should be either. He isn't good enough to get a coach fired.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Jimmy Butler was the only teammate to blow off a player retreat before the start of last season.

Jimmy Butler stated that the Bulls had a void in leadership even though there was a Hall of Famer/2 time champion, Noah, and Taj Gibson on the team. Jimmy Butler also stated that he was the person to fill that roll even though there were numerous veterans that were more equipped to do so.

Jimmy Butler cursed the coaching staff out during a film session and walked out.

Jimmy Butler told his coach that he wasn't going to play in a game unless he was allowed to play point guard.

Jimmy Butler bashed the young players for not playing hard enough during the season.

Jimmy Butler instructed the coach to run more iso plays for him in the early stages of said coach's NBA career.

Nick Friedell also has commented on how teammates don't really care for Butler either. All of this gets ignored because Butler is the best player on a shitty team.

Hoiberg can be a weak coach but he still deserves respect. Butler isn't good enough as a player to determine who the coach of the Bulls should be either. He isn't good enough to get a coach fired.

Not only all that was stated above, but if reports are to be believed, he was supposedly the loudest voice amongst the players in the "don't bring back Thibs" camp.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:46 am 

long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

This would be the least bit compelling if you didn't try desperately to gloss over Rondo's own sordid history, which includes multiple suspensions for detrimental conduct, multiple playoff game benchings, feuding publicly with two championship winning coaches (as opposed to just "The Mayor"), throwing a water bottle through a TV screen during a film session when his play was criticized, quitting the national team because Krzyzewski wouldn't let him do whatever he wanted, crying that Hoiberg hasn't lived up to the promises he made to him, and yes, going into business for himself with the play calls here (the same thing you excoriate Butler for). As usual you have vastly different standards for the players you like compared to the ones you dislike.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:11 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

This would be the least bit compelling if you didn't try desperately to gloss over Rondo's own sordid history, which includes multiple suspensions for detrimental conduct, multiple playoff game benchings, feuding publicly with two championship winning coaches (as opposed to just "The Mayor"), throwing a water bottle through a TV screen during a film session when his play was criticized, quitting the national team because Krzyzewski wouldn't let him do whatever he wanted, crying that Hoiberg hasn't lived up to the promises he made to him, and yes, going into business for himself with the play calls here (the same thing you excoriate Butler for). As usual you have vastly different standards for the players you like compared to the ones you dislike.

i would if I truly believed that Rondo's play on the court with the team was a problem. I don't. Rondo has also attempted to reach out to the younger guys on the team too. For the past two seasons Butler has shitted on teammates and coaches. He went out of his way to let the world know that this is his team. Being his team hasn't gotten them anywhere. He also played like shit for the past month. There were people on here that were talking about this guy possibly being inducted into the Hall of Fame. Really? He is probably a top 25 player at best at this point and he has been exposed.

This was never Rondo's team. It was always supposed to be "Jimmy's Team". Hoiberg may be part of the problem but he isn't the only thing ailing the Bulls. The Bulls aren't a coach away from doing anything. That has always been my point.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

ltg sources are the same as Trumps on wire tapping

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.