It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bulls Off-Season
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Now that this charade is over and ownership got their little two extra games of playoff revenue, I'm hoping some management people can have a change of heart this off-season and do things that are a bit more long-term than signing Wade and Rondo. Here are some things I'd like to see.

Try to sign some combination of the following players:

1) Hayward
2) Holiday
3) Porter

- If you strike out on the free agents above, then trade productive role players for future picks, even if doing so might mean more losses for the upcoming season
- Also, if you strike out on the free agents above, then trade Butler to Boston
- Fill the two year old head coaching vacancy, maybe by poaching Spoelstra

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post subject: Re: Bulls Off-Season
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:29 pm 

were winning tonight and were winning game 7 shithead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It's almost useless to talk about the coach. All of us except ltg want him gone but there's no chance he's gone before the end of next season.

I'd rather have Rondo than Holiday. Make it clear to Hoiberg he is not to be benched.

Get rid of Mirotic and LaVergne. They're terrible. They do that and I'll be alright with whatever else happens unless they get rid of Butler.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:45 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It's almost useless to talk about the coach. All of us except ltg want him gone but there's no chance he's gone before the end of next season.

I'd rather have Rondo than Holiday. Make it clear to Hoiberg he is not to be benched.

Get rid of Mirotic and LaVergne. They're terrible. They do that and I'll be alright with whatever else happens unless they get rid of Butler.

Yeah, unfortunately Hoiberg and GarPax will remain but it's fun to dream I guess. Again, we've got a philosophical disagreement here with regard to playing for now or playing for the future. Rondo is the prototypical "now" player that is not useful to me unless the Bulls can win now. They can't win now, and he's not young enough to grow with the team, so he's useless to me because I don't care about one and done playoff showings like the one this year.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:48 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately Hoiberg and GarPax will remain but it's fun to dream I guess. Again, we've got a philosophical disagreement here with regard to playing for now or playing for the future. Rondo is the prototypical "now" player that is not useful to me unless the Bulls can win now. They can't win now, and he's not young enough to grow with the team, so he's useless to me because I don't care about one and done playoff showings like the one this year.

Every young guy on the team loves Rondo. He is great for their development. And Jrue Holiday is always hurt. Remember when you wanted Chandler Parsons?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:57 pm 

id take him over wade

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:01 pm 

I don't think it'll happen but I'd like to get Paul or Griffin from LA. I think that team will break up. I'd like to get Hayward as well but I think he'll end up in Boston. George Hill would be great but I'm not sure he's worth a max contract and I think he'll get it. I'd like Patrick Mills if the price wasn't too high. Dion Waiters would be a great fit if Wade leaves.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:08 pm 

I guess realistically, I'd like to see them give the PF job to Portis, get rid of Niko and LaVergne, keep Felicio to back him up.

Keep Butler obviously.

I'd like to keep Rondo but I would target Mills as a great backup or an acceptable starter. Get rid of the rest of the trash PGs on the roster. They all suck.

Target Joe Ingles and Bogdanovic.

Get a backup/developmental Center with the 16th pick if possible. PG if not.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Why the fuck would any free agent want to come to this team?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:34 pm 

Darkside wrote:

Money and Jimmy Butler

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:43 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Money and Jimmy Butler

Darko is right. 2010 was the best time to join. 2015 or whenever was good too. No one of note​ came.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Money and Jimmy Butler

Darko is right. 2010 was the best time to join. 2015 or whenever was good too. No one of note​ came.

Because something didn't happen 7 years ago means it won't happen next year. Sound logic.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Money and Jimmy Butler

Because something didn't happen 7 years ago means it won't happen next year. Sound logic.

Didn't happen in 2000. Didn't happen in 2010. Didn't happen in 2015. That's three swings and misses on three pitches. No wonder you like the Sox.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:57 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Money and Jimmy Butler

Didn't happen in 2000. Didn't happen in 2010. Didn't happen in 2015. That's three swings and misses on three pitches. No wonder you like the Sox.

You like the Sox too dummy :lol:

We've gone over this and I've already debunked this narrative several times. Boozer was one of the top 6-8 free agents that year. Ben Wallace was the top one when they got him. Before Aldridge SA never got a big name. Ditto with Boston and Horford. You remember the big swing and misses in 2000 and 2010 because of the big names, but they didn't have a great chance either year. It's really not an issue going forward. Outside of Miami and LA no other team has a reputation of getting big name free agents consistently over the last 20 years. Not even the Knicks.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:11 pm 

1. FireGarpax

2. Trade Jimmy Butler.

Any other transaction is meaningless. The Bulls aren't good enough to acquire the just want to win a championship superstar.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I'm assuming on Monday that Gar will play up the Rondo injury. He'll say the Bulls are very much looking forward to the offseason and picking up Rondo's team option is their first priority. There's a number of players they're looking at to select with their pick at #16 that they feel will fit well and grow with their current young CORE. But, they also will take advantage of the increasing salary cap. Rumors are it's going up from $94 million to $102 million next season. They're looking forward to free agency and the amount of cap room they will have. They'll explore all scenarios.

We know that bullshit is coming next week. Only Gar will be at the press conference. Pax won't be there but he'll do an interview with David Schuster next Saturday at 7 am.

Assuming they pick up Rondo's option and Wade opts in (no way he leaves 24 million on the table because he's not getting that elsewhere) and Mirotic + MCW don't come back, they'll have $79.3 million on the books. That's $22.7 million in cap room. They could get creative to create more cap and deal Robin Lopez's $13.8 million contract if they decide to draft a Center.

I know Danny Ainge is touted as the best GM/executive in the game, but if Rondo doesn't get injured, I feel the Celtics would've been bounced out of the 1st round. The Wizards will put up much more of a fight than the Bulls did post-Rondo. And even if the Celtics reach the Conference Finals, they're not getting past the Cavs. If Ainge is so patient with the future of his team (absolutely unwilling to part with his precious Brooklyn picks), why the fuck did he sign a 30 year-old Al Horford to a 4 year/$113 million deal last summer? Sort of like Boozer signing with the Bulls in 2010. Ainge should have waited another season for LeBron to play another 1,000 playoff minutes and have $60 million to play with this offseason. Boston could've signed both Blake Griffin and Gordon Hayward in July.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:34 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ron Wolfley wrote:
I'm assuming on Monday that Gar will play up the Rondo injury. He'll say the Bulls are very much looking forward to the offseason and picking up Rondo's team option is their first priority. There's a number of players they're looking at to select with their pick at #16 that they feel will fit well and grow with their current young CORE. But, they also will take advantage of the increasing salary cap. Rumors are it's going up from $94 million to $102 million next season. They're looking forward to free agency and the amount of cap room they will have. They'll explore all scenarios.

We know that bullshit is coming next week. Only Gar will be at the press conference. Pax won't be there but he'll do an interview with David Schuster next Saturday at 7 am.

Assuming they pick up Rondo's option and Wade opts in (no way he leaves 24 million on the table because he's not getting that elsewhere) and Mirotic + MCW don't come back, they'll have $79.3 million on the books. That's $22.7 million in cap room. They could get creative to create more cap and deal Robin Lopez's $13.8 million contract if they decide to draft a Center.

I know Danny Ainge is touted as the best GM/executive in the game, but if Rondo doesn't get injured, I feel the Celtics would've been bounced out of the 1st round. The Wizards will put up much more of a fight than the Bulls did post-Rondo. And even if the Celtics reach the Conference Finals, they're not getting past the Cavs. If Ainge is so patient with the future of his team (absolutely unwilling to part with his precious Brooklyn picks), why the fuck did he sign a 30 year-old Al Horford to a 4 year/$113 million deal last summer? Sort of like Boozer signing with the Bulls in 2010. Ainge should have waited another season for LeBron to play another 1,000 playoff minutes and have $60 million to play with this offseason. Boston could've signed both Blake Griffin and Gordon Hayward in July.

He will also play up the fact that the Bulls made it back to the playoffs after missing it the year before...PROGRESS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Blow the fucking thing up already...I don't want to see anybody in a Bull uni. Best thing is sell the team. :D

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
How about hosting a few viewing parties next season, Walt?

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 am 

Furious Styles wrote:
How about hosting a few viewing parties next season, Walt?

Sure I'll be in Paonia Colorado

I'm out.

Last edited by Walt Williams Neck on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
Thanks for asking, sweetie. This franchise has promoted a lot of revisionist history that I was the first to see. No matter how cute he is, Jimmy Butler is the reason this team is bad as I have said all along. He is a ball stopper in more ways than one and Im waiting to get my credit on that one but I never will. This is all the same playing favorites that always happens here but Im used to being a victim of groupthink.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Bulls held on to Butler too long. He's damaged goods. This is a bottom 10 team next year.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 am 

Nas wrote:
The Bulls held on to Butler too long. He's damaged goods. This is a bottom 10 team next year.

I'll give Freddie Shine Box credit for one thing: while he's not meeting expectations, he's not turning in 13-69 seasons either. Not sure if that counts as praise, but whatever. That being said, I can see the Bulls become a bottom 10 team next year if the players finally revolt against Shine Box's mismanagement and incompetence. That seems inescapable at this point, and hopefully Gar is sent packing as well.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:49 am 

Nas wrote:

He definitely isn't a top ten player. Avery Bradley played him to a standstill.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'll give Freddie Shine Box credit for one thing: while he's not meeting expectations, he's not turning in 13-69 seasons either. Not sure if that counts as praise, but whatever. That being said, I can see the Bulls become a bottom 10 team next year if the players finally revolt against Shine Box's mismanagement and incompetence. That seems inescapable at this point, and hopefully Gar is sent packing as well.

I don't even think they'll suck because of coaching. Rondo won't be back. Wade is done and I think Butler's body is breaking down. Unless they get a bunch of great free agents this team is really going to suck. If not much changes I would be shocked if this team wins 25 games.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:02 am 

A ball stopper!?! I thought ltg was talking about his chin

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:43 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Money and Jimmy Butler

You like the Sox too dummy :lol:

We've gone over this and I've already debunked this narrative several times. Boozer was one of the top 6-8 free agents that year. Ben Wallace was the top one when they got him. Before Aldridge SA never got a big name. Ditto with Boston and Horford. You remember the big swing and misses in 2000 and 2010 because of the big names, but they didn't have a great chance either year. It's really not an issue going forward. Outside of Miami and LA no other team has a reputation of getting big name free agents consistently over the last 20 years. Not even the Knicks.

The SA example is misleading because they never relied on free agency to get to the next level like the Bulls did in 2000 and 2010. In that regard I don't consider Wallace and Boozer to be wins because it was clear that they wouldn't get the Bulls to the next level, and that's why for me those transactions are strike outs. I'm confused here because you say team has a record of consistently signing big name free agents outside of Miami and LAL but then you say big names will come here.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:51 pm 

The SA thing isn't misleading, especially since they just signed Aldridge and Pau and signed guys like Diaw before. They used FA, just not to get big names. But they did try for the big names too. Famously brought Kidd in in 2003 for a visit. But my point is there's like two teams in the league where free agents all talk about wanting to play. LA and Miami. Everybody else is roughly equal.

Boozer did help them get to the next level though. They had the best record in the league and if Rose never gets hurt in 2012 who knows what happens.

Nas you are crazy. There's nothing to suggest Butler is breaking down and if he plays 70+ games they are going to win at least 35 next year no matter who's around him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:28 pm 

Boozer wasn't a strikeout. He was a definitive No. 2 option for the first two years he was with the Bulls. That is what he was brought in to be. He also was a solid rebounder.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:03 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Boozer wasn't a strikeout. He was a definitive No. 2 option for the first two years he was with the Bulls. That is what he was brought in to be. He also was a solid rebounder.

Boozer HOF

I'm out.