It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
FavreFan wrote:
I wouldn't have traded him but the trade was ok enough on its own. Drafting the buster from arizona is what made it a truly awful trade.

the worst part about all of this is that you KNOW reinsdorf is feeling the bern re: frazier and quintana sucking the big chalupa this year, so there was prolly an "organizational feeling" that they had to "strike while the iron is hot" otherwise jim buckets could get hurt, meh, blah, regress, you name it.... cuz if they tried to sit on him even one more 1/2 season, dangit, he could have a 5.04/1.47 situation going on like "Q" and then i don't care if the team controls him all the way up the metal bleachers @ his son's HS graduation: WE'RE *NOT* FUCKING THIS UP LIKE HAHN DID WITH QUINTANA AND FRAZIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

my 2nd, and way more "pie in the sky" conspiracy theory, = that thibbs knows where the bodies are buried @ the berto center so this trade was made to appease him, even if it was just to finally get him to STFU about wanting to get the band back together up there in minnesota [where they have a guy in karl-anthony towns who could DEFINITELY play for my team.

THAT SAID, yeah, obv bulls weren't gonna do much of anyhting with jim-buck-2 and i feel ya there, esse, it's just that when i saw they took a FK'N WHITE GUY with the #7 pick i str8up slapped the floor and busted out my issue of "sensible chuckle magazine" for when Nick Free Dell [cuz dude, you're getting a dell!] was talking about how FINALLY we are going to be TREATED to fred hoiberg's definitive Vision of how [offensive] basketball is supposed to be played.... and hey, UNLIKE THE FIRST 2 SEASONS POST THIBBS, THE BULLS *FINALLY* HAVE A DIRECTION TO GO IN AND DADGUMMIT THEY. ARE. GOING. IN. A. DIRECTION. NOW!

TLDR = something something bernstein said it's ok to stop being a bulls fan so you know, shit, say no more. my sports overlord has spoken and i'm gonna get in confessions of a cubs fan 2: electric boogaloo next time ESPN needs some local talking heads [cuz dadrock is on the menu tonight!!!!!!]

SINCERELY,

PERSONS FOR A FREE AND INDEPENDENT ST. VINCENT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:54 am 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... olumn.html

Couldn't agree more.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
long time guy wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-jimmy-butler-timberwolves-bulls-haugh-spt-0627-20170626-column.html

Couldn't agree more.

Not until Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and Lauri Markkanen — the two Timberwolves and No. 7 draft pick the Bulls received for Butler — play a couple of seasons together will the trade be fair to judge.

The great LTG needs 2 years to evaluate a trade? You're slipping man.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:11 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/ct-jimmy-butler-timberwolves-bulls-haugh-spt-0627-20170626-column.html

Couldn't agree more.

Not until Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and Lauri Markkanen — the two Timberwolves and No. 7 draft pick the Bulls received for Butler — play a couple of seasons together will the trade be fair to judge.

The great LTG needs 2 years to evaluate a trade? You're slipping man.

Still less than 5 Galileo :lol: Seriously really wont know till Lavine plays. Haven't seen anything definitive on when exactly he is scheduled to return. Dunn is the key to the whole deal. Looked like a bust last year but if he can turn into a solid starter it should be a win for the Bulls. If the Bulls buyout Rondo then he should get plenty of time next season.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

As always, GarPax extends the window for any "fair' evaluation of them years into the future. The previous classic "You can't judge us based on our inaction this offseason or failure in the playoffs, we're saving up to make a big run at free agents in 2014/2016/2018!" has now been replaced with "You can't judge us based on this trade that's being mocked nationally and that we ourselves necessitated through our own incompetence. You have to wait until 2020!"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:23 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

As always, GarPax extends the window for any "fair' evaluation of them years into the future. The previous classic "You can't judge us based on our inaction this offseason or failure in the playoffs, we're saving up to make a big run at free agents in 2014/2016/2018!" has now been replaced with "You can't judge us based on this trade that's being mocked nationally and that we ourselves necessitated through our own incompetence. You have to wait until 2020!"

Yeah 2020 is too far up the road. By the end of 19 should have a pretty good guess as to where they are. Lavine will need time to recover and Dunn will have had 2 years at that point.

I'm not factoring the Rookie into the mix yet. He avg over 7 boards a game in college. The way people discount his rebounding ability I'd have thought it was 3-4.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

Yeah 2020 is too far up the road. By the end of 19 should have a pretty good guess as to where they are. Lavine will need time to recover and Dunn will have had 2 years at that point.

I'm not factoring the Rookie into the mix yet. He avg over 7 boards a game in college. The way people discount his rebounding ability I'd have thought it was 3-4.

:lol:

7 boards a game is awful for a guy his size. He's a terrible rebounder. That's a legitimate criticism. He's not going to get better at it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
The guy lives behind the 3 point line. How many rebounds would you expect him to get?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Hatchetman wrote:
The guy lives behind the 3 point line. How many rebounds would you expect him to get?

Steph Curry lives behind the 3 point line and he gets 4-5 rebounds a game and he ain't 7 feet tall.

That said, I disagree with FF that the guy can't improve his rebounding. Weight and effort is all it should take.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:39 pm 

shakes wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Steph Curry lives behind the 3 point line and he gets 4-5 rebounds a game and he ain't 7 feet tall.

That said, I disagree with FF that the guy can't improve his rebounding. Weight and effort is all it should take.

Nobody ever gets significantly better at rebounding. It's a skill you either have or don't by the time you are drafted.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:43 pm 

I'm sure he can he get 4-5 rebounds

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
wager ?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:06 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
I'm sure he can he get 4-5 rebounds

Kevin Love averaged 15 rebounds game while shooting threes. I'd quit now while you're ahead.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:31 pm 

Ok. I'm ahead I quit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatti's
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

This move combined with the McDermott deal has to cement their firing now, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
OhGarPax wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

This move combined with the McDermott deal has to cement their firing now, right?

I clicked on your link that shows Pax picks the last 12 years, wow that's brutal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:39 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Couldn't agree more.

This front office has an amazing knack for moving the line.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:14 pm 

Anyone catch the Bulls first summer game?

Saw that the rookie had 14 pts and 8 rebs. Just curious how he looked

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

Doug McDersomething killed too. So did Tony Snell.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:25 pm 

RFDC wrote:

Looked good. Scored 9 early but then they went away from him. Too much Cameron Payne. He is athletic. Little bigger than I thought weight wise but he will still need to add about 10 more. Good coordination. He also mixed it up inside a little bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:46 pm 

From the highlights I saw he looked goood and it doesn't mean anything

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:52 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Yes it does because if he looked bad it would mean something.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yes it does because if he looked bad it would mean something.

No, it wouldn't.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
WTF??? And I thought this guy with playing time might be decent...

chuck swirsky Retweeted
Chicago Bulls‏Verified account @chicagobulls 37m37 minutes ago

Due to family reasons, Kris Dunn has left Summer League and will not return.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
'77Cubs wrote:
WTF??? And I thought this guy with playing time might be decent...

chuck swirsky Retweeted
Chicago Bulls‏Verified account @chicagobulls 37m37 minutes ago

Due to family reasons, Kris Dunn has left Summer League and will not return.

And now Payne is leaving for family reasons as well?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Are the reasons that their families are embarrassed by how bad they are?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Payne is terrible. And now he leaves the team? Cut his ass.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2727 ... g-national

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:00 pm 

Averaging 24 pts 7.7 rebs and shooting 53% from the field.

None of this probably means anything, but he seems to be having a good stretch. Wasn't one of the knocks on him that he couldn't rebound? Almost 8 a game is pretty solid

Quote:
Lauri Markkanen had an up and down showing in the summer, but has turned some heads with his play for Finland at EuroBasket.

The Bulls' first-round pick in the June draft has been leading Finland, one of four host countries in the tournament along with Israel, Romania and Turkey, through the first three games in the tournament.

Markkanen carried Finland to an overtime win against France in the opener. He scored 22 points on 9-of-15 shooting and had seven rebounds. He also took over late to carry Finland to the win.

In Finland's second game, Markkanen once again led the team in scoring with 24 points, but the Finns lost 81-78. He was once again efficient from the floor, making 9 of 13 shots including going 3-for-4 from 3-point range. He again added seven rebounds.

In that game he picked up an ankle injury on the last play of the game.

Markkanen did play Sunday and put in another big performance, again coming up huge down the stretch to give Finland a win in double overtime against Poland. He scored 27 points and had nine rebounds.

He also came up with a massive play to send the game to overtime.

At 24.3 points per game, Markkanen is currently third in the tournament in scoring and he is doing so while shooting 56.3 percent from the field. He is also 10th in rebounds per game at 7.7.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Is it the talent he's playing against? He struggled in the summer league.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next