It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
If Butler's knees are shot this is an okay trade.

If they aren't it's still good.

All this harping over a guy that wasn't even good enough to get you a win without Rondo during the playoffs.

He dared them to trade him over the past two years and now they have.

Don't know about the return though. Levine can score but doesn't do much else. Dunn can defend but hasn't shown he can run a team or score. Haven't seen the draft pick yet.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

This is a bad opinion

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
If this trade and pick don't work out, bye bye GarPax and Hoiberg (who should be launched anyway)...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:13 pm 

yeah dont sound good
Quote:
As skilled as Markkanen is on the offensive end, he offers nowhere near the same potential on defense ... His lack of strength is a major soncern as he gets toseed around pretty easily by NCAA bigs and already has filled out with broad shoulders ... His core and leg strength need a lot of work, and may never allow him to battle inside against the NBA's top post players ... He does not have great length, limiting his ability to protect the rim, and being thin for his height, he plays a lot smaller than his size ... He may be more of a mismatch as a stretch-five man on offense, but the flip side is that he may not have any chance to slow down most centers on the defensive end ... As mentioned, Markkanen's lack of a strong base hinders his ability to battle for position in the post ... He is also not very physical down low, and he does not have the length to contest shots from other post players to make up for his inability to fight for good position ... Combine his lack of length with just average timing and instincts, and he could be a potential liability on this end of the court ... On the perimeter he has good feet, but he has a tendency to bend his back instead of his knees to get down in his stance, which eliminates some lateral quickness and effectiveness ... He is a nightmare to guard as a stretch-four on offense, but he often gets lost when trying to defend opposing stretch-fours on the perimeter ... His intincts in defending the pick and roll and knowing when to come help from the weak side also needs to improve ... His rebounding ability is also less than stellar for many of the same reasons that his defensive upside is limited ... Markkanen averaged an underwhelming 9.3 rebounds per 40 minutes, as he lacks the length, range, and toughness to be a force in this department ... He does not always work hard to get great position when the shot goes up, nor does he have the necessary frame to push opposing big men out of position ... Scouts also question how much more there really is to his offensive game than just his shooting ability ... He does not appear to have much of a post game, other than simple jump hooks and turnaround jumpers and is not a great finisher in traffic ... Not the most vocal or demonstrative person, will need to work on being more assertive and vocal on the floor ... He also is not a very gifted playmaker at this stage (1.2 assists per 40 minutes) and he goes left most times he puts the ball on the floor ... He is much better attacking off the dribble from the catch than in isolation situations, and he does not look nearly as natural shooting the ball when going to his right hand ... Aside from the defensive concerns, he also must develop his offensive repertoire outside of his jump shot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

This is a bad opinion

Yeah now they may miss being the 8 seed by a game .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
I wouldn't have traded him but the trade was ok enough on its own. Drafting the buster from arizona is what made it a truly awful trade.

this x 1000. I watched Arizona admittedly only in the tourney, but I saw that kid and thought, somebody on the NBA level is going to eat that guy's milkshake every night.

You want a shooter, trade down and get Justin Jackson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I'm so depressed. Lauri fucking Markkanen? Goddamnit

Maybe we can acquire Okafor for him?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
RFDC wrote:
yeah dont sound good
Quote:
As skilled as Markkanen is on the offensive end, he offers nowhere near the same potential on defense ... His lack of strength is a major soncern as he gets toseed around pretty easily by NCAA bigs and already has filled out with broad shoulders ... His core and leg strength need a lot of work, and may never allow him to battle inside against the NBA's top post players ... He does not have great length, limiting his ability to protect the rim, and being thin for his height, he plays a lot smaller than his size ... He may be more of a mismatch as a stretch-five man on offense, but the flip side is that he may not have any chance to slow down most centers on the defensive end ... As mentioned, Markkanen's lack of a strong base hinders his ability to battle for position in the post ... He is also not very physical down low, and he does not have the length to contest shots from other post players to make up for his inability to fight for good position ... Combine his lack of length with just average timing and instincts, and he could be a potential liability on this end of the court ... On the perimeter he has good feet, but he has a tendency to bend his back instead of his knees to get down in his stance, which eliminates some lateral quickness and effectiveness ... He is a nightmare to guard as a stretch-four on offense, but he often gets lost when trying to defend opposing stretch-fours on the perimeter ... His intincts in defending the pick and roll and knowing when to come help from the weak side also needs to improve ... His rebounding ability is also less than stellar for many of the same reasons that his defensive upside is limited ... Markkanen averaged an underwhelming 9.3 rebounds per 40 minutes, as he lacks the length, range, and toughness to be a force in this department ... He does not always work hard to get great position when the shot goes up, nor does he have the necessary frame to push opposing big men out of position ... Scouts also question how much more there really is to his offensive game than just his shooting ability ... He does not appear to have much of a post game, other than simple jump hooks and turnaround jumpers and is not a great finisher in traffic ... Not the most vocal or demonstrative person, will need to work on being more assertive and vocal on the floor ... He also is not a very gifted playmaker at this stage (1.2 assists per 40 minutes) and he goes left most times he puts the ball on the floor ... He is much better attacking off the dribble from the catch than in isolation situations, and he does not look nearly as natural shooting the ball when going to his right hand ... Aside from the defensive concerns, he also must develop his offensive repertoire outside of his jump shot.

Strictly a shooter. That's why I wanted Zach Collins or Malik Monk.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:16 pm 

RFDC wrote:
yeah dont sound good
Quote:

Told y'all. This is one of the worst trades in recent NBA history

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop?ref_src=tws ... r%5Eauthor

Albert Nahmad‏ @AlbertNahmad 4m4 minutes ago

The Bulls will create a $15.3M trade exception in the Jimmy Butler deal.

Don't know if this will improve the deal or not. ESPN was saying Lopez and/or Wade could be bought out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I'm so depressed. Lauri fucking Markkanen? Goddamnit

Maybe we can acquire Okafor for him?

Sure. Who gives a shit now? Doesn't really matter what they do until next June's draft.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:20 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Don't know if this will improve the deal or not. ESPN was saying Lopez and/or Wade could be bought out.

That doesn't really have much of a tangible effect on the value of the trade.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

That doesn't really have much of a tangible effect on the value of the trade.

the trade, eh. The pick?! Laughably bad.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

FrankDrebin wrote:

Reinsdorf really gonna buy out 24 million? It would make sense for the future of the team. Cuz without Wade, Bulls would certainly be a bottom 3 team with a chance to get the number one pick.

Plus Wade's minutes playing would genius the development of the two guards they got. We'll see. I'm sure Pax discussed this with Jerry before he did the trade.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I kinda like it

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm starting to really hate this pick.

'77Cubs wrote:
If this trade and pick don't work out, bye bye GarPax and Hoiberg (who should be launched anyway)...

Gar yes. Pax isn't going anywhere unless he retires. They'll pay off Hoiberg in year 4 or 5.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:34 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I wouldn't have traded him but the trade was ok enough on its own. Drafting the buster from arizona is what made it a truly awful trade.

this x 1000. I watched Arizona admittedly only in the tourney, but I saw that kid and thought, somebody on the NBA level is going to eat that guy's milkshake every night.

Can the not so great Shakes come along now to tell the world that you don't know shit because you only saw him play once?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:37 pm 

long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Can the not so great Shakes come along now to tell the world that you don't know shit because you only saw him play once?

him, I watched 5 times in the regular season, once against NC State, twice against Duke and once against Virginia. Guy makes shots from everywhere, instant offense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I know none of us really know anything right now, but I am really struggling to envision how Markkanen can succeed in the NBA. Big guys who can't play defense and can't rebound aren't very useful, even if they can shoot. Best case scenario we just drafted Channing Frye with the 7th overall pick. Fucking horrible

Isn't this NBA in the modern era though? I thought this sort of guy is right in your basketball wheelhouse. Nice use of the mixed metaphor.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:39 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

him, I watched 5 times in the regular season, once against NC State, twice against Duke and once against Virginia. Guy makes shots from everywhere, instant offense.

I wasn't talking about Jackson

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 pm 

:scratch:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:scratch: they played 3 games...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 pm 

Harry Giles was the consensus #1 player when all of these guys were in high school just 2 years ago. Injuries have stalled his career thus far. Someone may get a steal with him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Harry Giles was the consensus #1 player when all of these guys were in high school just 2 years ago. Injuries have stalled his career thus far. Someone may get a steal with him.

agreed!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:43 pm 

K.C. Johnson‏ Verified account @KCJHoop 53 minutes ago

Bulls remain interested in re-signing Nikola Mirotic even after drafting Markkanen. Rondo's future in question.

:lol:

What a fucking clown show.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
:scratch:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:scratch: they played 3 games...

Still not enough for an evaluation according to Shakes. You must watch him 20 times in order to provide an accurate assessment.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:

agreed!

Harry Giles = 2 ACL tears (each knee) and 1 MCL tear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 pm 

According to that computerized report provided by ESPN Justin Jackson is the most likely to be a bust.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I've seen them all play.

This seems....kind of awful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:48 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I've seen them all play.

This seems....kind of awful.

I'm quickly headed down this path.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I'm cautiously optimistic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next