It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
ZephMarshack wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Yes FF, they are fucked for a couple years, but this is what they really needed to be competitive when LBJ leaves the Eastern conference. Think long term. I'm actually optimistic about the Bulls future going forward.

No, any long-term thinking has to be tempered by the fact that the same clowns are still running the show. Jimmy leaving may have been a necessary condition for long-term competitiveness but it's a completely insufficient one and far less necessary than Paxson and Forman pissing off for good.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Peoria Matt wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Yes FF, they are fucked for a couple years, but this is what they really needed to be competitive when LBJ leaves the Eastern conference. Think long term. I'm actually optimistic about the Bulls future going forward.

No, any long-term thinking has to be tempered by the fact that the same clowns are still running the show. Jimmy leaving may have been a necessary condition for long-term competitiveness but it's a completely insufficient one and far less necessary than Paxson and Forman pissing off for good.

Exactly.

Same exact thing as the White Sox. At least Kenny has a ring.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I hate white players. Fuck this shit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Peoria Matt wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Exactly.

I honestly don't think they'll be here to pick the next coach. At least I hope.

So Zeph, what is the right move then? I have no faith in Garpax either, but the teardown had to happen sooner rather than later. Fooling fans into caring about a team in basketball hell needed to stop.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:50 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

You hate everybody.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
96% of the league is in basketball hell, and there's no end in sight.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:51 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
I really can't stand this trend among sports fans of applauding GMs for simply turning their team into a shitty team with no coherent plan to improve. Raise your standards as a fan.

Kids used to dream of being Michael Jordan. Now they dream of being Daryl Morey.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:53 pm 

Butlers trainer going off

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:54 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
96% of the league is in basketball hell, and there's no end in sight.

You can see the end coming in the East when Lebron's body starts to really break down.

I don't mind watching a dynasty like the Warriors. We all grew up watching the Bulls beat the shit out of everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Jbi11s wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Exactly.

I honestly don't think they'll be here to pick the next coach. At least I hope.

So Zeph, what is the right move then? I have no faith in Garpax either, but the teardown had to happen sooner rather than later. Fooling fans into caring about a team in basketball hell needed to stop.

I'd be a lot more inclined to get on board with a teardown if it was someone new actually initiating it. The decision to build or not build around Butler appears to have been as much about GarPax avoiding any sort of culpability for a season that was in all likelihood going to be another failure as it was about the long-term health of the team. Just like Pace is going to avoid judgment about the Bears' inevitable shittiness this season (because hey, our actual quarterback of the future is going to be ready next season, so you can't judge my tenure yet!), GarPax are going to avoid any responsibility for this season's crapfest, with all the great savings from Wade and Rondo's expiring contracts being used to "target" big names next offseason and the "potential" development of these cheap players being the primary hooks.

Further a teardown having to happen sooner or later doesn't mean you take literally anything to initiate the process. There is no reason to celebrate the launching of Butler as an unqualified Good Thing for the Bulls.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:57 pm 

And what stud free agent in their right mind is going to come to this shitshow?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Peoria Matt wrote:
And what stud free agent in their right mind is going to come to this shitshow?

Wade and Butler are going to kill what little credibility GarPax may have still had with the rest of the league. Heck Butler's trainer has already started the process :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I am not a Butler fan, and he seems like a drama queen to top it off... But I don't really see the value in an NBA "rebuild." It's not baseball. It's not even football. You have to walk into a fucking stud. If you don't, you're tier 2 indefinitely.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:01 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
I'd be a lot more inclined to get on board with a teardown if it was someone new actually initiating it. The decision to build or not build around Butler appears to have been as much about GarPax avoiding any sort of culpability for a season that was in all likelihood going to be another failure as it was about the long-term health of the team. Just like Pace is going to avoid judgment about the Bears' inevitable shittiness this season (because hey, our actual quarterback of the future is going to be ready next season, so you can't judge my tenure yet!), GarPax are going to avoid any responsibility for this season's crapfest, with all the great savings from Wade and Rondo's expiring contracts being used to "target" big names next offseason and the "potential" development of these cheap players being the primary hooks.

Further a teardown having to happen sooner or later doesn't mean you take literally anything to initiate the process. There is no reason to celebrate the launching of Butler as an unqualified Good Thing for the Bulls.

Well said. I have no problem tearing things down to start over, but there is no way GarPax should get the chance to do that. They have had plenty of time to be successful.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

The fuck are you optimistic about? We don't have one good player to rebuild around.

I really can't stand this trend among sports fans of applauding GMs for simply turning their team into a shitty team with no coherent plan to improve. Raise your standards as a fan.

I'd have to counter by saying my standards are very high, and realistic. Just like discussing the Cubs/Sox rebuild you have to be able to look ahead. Who gives a shit if the Bulls are the worst team in the league next year. They'll have a higher chance to draft a franchise player then. They are going to be horrible. Accept it. Be patient.

Or you could just become a hockey fan. Everything will be all right. We'll see another Bulls contender in our lifetime.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:06 pm 

GarPax can t lead the rebuild. Too many misses in the past couple of years. No real plan either. I think they should have traded Butler. They weren't going anywhere with him as the guy. Throw in the fact that he was a malcontent who repeatedly demonstrated that he was bigger than the team. As Rosenbloom stated last week if you are going to behave like LeBron James then you'd better be LeBron James. Let him roll but GarPax should be right behind him.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
GarPax can t lead the rebuild. Too many misses in the past couple of years. No real plan either. I think they should have traded Butler. They weren't going anywhere with him as the guy. Throw in the fact that he was a malcontent who repeatedly demonstrated that he was bigger than the team. As Rosenbloom stated last week if you are going to shave like LeBron James then you'd better be LeBron James. Let him roll but GarPax should be right behind him.

Gar should be gone.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:09 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Who gives a shit if the Bulls are the worst team in the league next year.

Bulls fans.

And no you don't have high standards. By your logic you would be happy if they gave Butler away for a 2nd round pick.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Bulls fans.

And no you don't have high standards. By your logic you would be happy if they gave Butler away for a 2nd round pick.

Well they gave him away to the Wolves. I'm not mad about that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:21 pm 

Butler was literally an undrafted bum off a couch.

Cute.

But we need stars.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Bulls picking Jordan Bell from Oregon and trading him to the Warriors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:26 pm 

long time gay wrote:
The bulls a good thing. I know ff wont admit it. But the bulls got rid of tibbs taj and butler now. Time for an honest rebild. But no one will admit it it because i called it years ago. I have a masters in basketball and this academic stuff is really making some people show there asses. Butler never even checked kyrie. Its all a narrative thst this board wants to follow but it has a ton of revisiinist history. If you guys want to really debate this, meet me in the classroom.

Their, professor.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:42 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Bulls picking Jordan Bell from Oregon and trading him to the Warriors

For 3.5 million...

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Jbi11s wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

You hate everybody.

One gets the impression the feeling is mutual.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
good dolphin wrote:
long time gay wrote:
The bulls a good thing. I know ff wont admit it. But the bulls got rid of tibbs taj and butler now. Time for an honest rebild. But no one will admit it it because i called it years ago. I have a masters in basketball and this academic stuff is really making some people show there asses. Butler never even checked kyrie. Its all a narrative thst this board wants to follow but it has a ton of revisiinist history. If you guys want to really debate this, meet me in the classroom.

Their, professor.

Im not a professor. I just know my shit. Same as in the politics threds. Im playing chess against checkers. Not a fair fight, but doesn't stop these guys from showing there asses.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:07 pm 

Some early national reaction:

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/06/22/jimmy ... acebook_si

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:15 pm 

Watching GarPax address the media.

They are spinning in circles. Such a fucking mess.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:20 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Watching GarPax address the media.

They are spinning in circles. Such a fucking mess.

They are nauseating. I can't believe they still have jobs.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:45 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I think if you add up the 3pt% for all the Bulls PGs it's -27%

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:31 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

if you're a fan, you'll give a shit. i've watched a lot of bad sixers basketball over the years. and it's never fun. i watched a lot of bad cubs baseball too, and it never made it easier thinking that they'd win a championship. going through it still sucks the root.

with the sixers, there is this tiny shred of hope that they come together and become a force. but watching a shitshow is still watching a shitshow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next