It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
leashyourkids wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Fuck Wade, Fuck Butler, and fuck these weak-minded drama queens.

*Meatball hat on*

This is the franchise that Jordan built. You know what he'd do? He'd go out there with an all-white team and score 40 a night trying to compete. In fact, he did that with a shitty team at age 40+. Dwayne Wade ain't nothin but a front-running bitch with a misspelled first name who's more concerned about looking good than putting it all on the line. Crawl back to Miami, and take all your "good interviewer " PR bullshit with you. Or better yet, go to Cleveland so you can win yet another Eastern Conference Championship on the coat tails of someone else. Oh, and also take your gay-ass skinny slacks with you, you beta cuck.

*Meatball hat still on because I'm drinking.*
/quote]
Butler's the guy who said he didn't want to go to Cleveland and frontrun just days before GarPax shipped him off. Why are we so mad about players being "disloyal" when it's just business when the other side does it?

Stop. We all know the argument and have heard it 100 times. We are fans, not labor representatives. Cheering for sports teams based on geography is illogical to begin with. If we choose to think Butler or Wade is a piece of shit, there doesn't need to be a thesis as to why.

If you want to irrationally hate then hate away. Just don't try to dress it up in some loyalty BS rationale when it's in fact entirely the opposite in the case of Butler.

You'll have to explain to me how I dressed it up in "loyalty BS" since I didn't once mention loyalty or the Bulls execs. I just think both Wade and Butler are bitches for a number of reasons. You okay with that?

I' m sorry, but your original rant on Wade seemed entirely centered around him being disloyal for wanting out now, and you invoked Butler right alongside him. Butler was indeed trying to compete with a shit team a la Jordan and was even trying to get guys to join him on the team. He wanted nothing to do with Cleveland yet because he was a meanie to Gar Forman and "The Mayor" he's an awful person who definitely deserved to be shipped out

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I gotta say the locker room stuff with Jimmy is my only concern besides 3 point shooting for the Twolves next season.

Last edited by Jbi11s on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
ZephMarshack wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

*Meatball hat on*

This is the franchise that Jordan built. You know what he'd do? He'd go out there with an all-white team and score 40 a night trying to compete. In fact, he did that with a shitty team at age 40+. Dwayne Wade ain't nothin but a front-running bitch with a misspelled first name who's more concerned about looking good than putting it all on the line. Crawl back to Miami, and take all your "good interviewer " PR bullshit with you. Or better yet, go to Cleveland so you can win yet another Eastern Conference Championship on the coat tails of someone else. Oh, and also take your gay-ass skinny slacks with you, you beta cuck.

/quote]
Butler's the guy who said he didn't want to go to Cleveland and frontrun just days before GarPax shipped him off. Why are we so mad about players being "disloyal" when it's just business when the other side does it?

Stop. We all know the argument and have heard it 100 times. We are fans, not labor representatives. Cheering for sports teams based on geography is illogical to begin with. If we choose to think Butler or Wade is a piece of shit, there doesn't need to be a thesis as to why.

If you want to irrationally hate then hate away. Just don't try to dress it up in some loyalty BS rationale when it's in fact entirely the opposite in the case of Butler.

You'll have to explain to me how I dressed it up in "loyalty BS" since I didn't once mention loyalty or the Bulls execs. I just think both Wade and Butler are bitches for a number of reasons. You okay with that?

I' m sorry, but your original rant on Wade seemed entirely centered around him being disloyal for wanting out now, and you invoked Butler right alongside him. Butler was indeed trying to compete with a shit team a la Jordan and was even trying to get guys to join him on the team. He wanted nothing to do with Cleveland yet because he was a meanie to Gar Forman and "The Mayor" he's an awful person who definitely deserved to be shipped out

Yeah, you're stretching my statement quite a bit there. I knocked Jimmy at the beginning in a single sentence, and then the rest of my post was about Wade.

I'm sure FF thinks this was a knockout, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Jbi11s wrote:
I gotta say the locker room stuff with Jimmy is my only concern besides 3 point shooting for the Twolves next season.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Every Bull is a bitch, including the FO and ownership. Clean house next year. I want Larry Bird as VP and someone from the Spurs as GM. I'll take a folding chair for coach but I know that's aiming too high.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
leashyourkids wrote:
I'm sure FF thinks this was a knockout, though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:43 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Every Bull is a bitch, including the FO and ownership. Clean house next year. I want Larry Bird as VP and someone from the Spurs as GM. I'll take a folding chair for coach but I know that's aiming too high.

Just pick a new team already ya fuckin crybaby. Preferably not the Spurs.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:02 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

*Meatball hat on*

/quote]

Butler didn't want anything to do with Cleveland because if he were traded to Cleveland he wouldn't be eligible for the 200 million contract. There is some stipulation in there were you can only get the bread if it's your original team.

That's why the silly ass trainer came out bitching. I'm sure he knew the conditions of the collective bargaining agreement. It wasn't about loyalty. It was about money with Butler. He knows the 200 mil goes out the window now that he is traded.

Same reason Sacramento traded Cousins.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spo ... e7d16cf452

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 am 

long time guy wrote:

Butler didn't want anything to do with Cleveland because if he were traded to Cleveland he wouldn't be eligible for the 200 million contract. There is some stipulation in there were you can only get the bread if it's your original team.

That's why the silly ass trainer came out bitching. I'm sure he knew the conditions of the collective bargaining agreement. It wasn't about loyalty. It was about money with Butler. He knows the 200 mil goes out the window now that he is traded.

Same reason Sacramento traded Cousins.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spo ... e7d16cf452

It was well known for ages that Cousins wanted the money. Do you have a source making a similar point about Butler or backing up literally any of your assertions about his motives here? Should we just take your word for it given your well-known impartiality about Butler?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:37 am 

Do you have a source that says he didn't? It's obvious. He stood to gain about 70 mil more from the Bulls if he remained with them. Bulls didn't want to pay him. This stuff about loyalty is fans mumbo jumbo. It's a business. It was a business when Butler gambled on himself and won. It was a business when Butler threw people under the bus only after getting his money. It's a business now.

You don't invest that kind of dough in a guy that will be 30 and on the down of his career. If they keep Butler they risked getting nothing for him in 2 years.

He gets traded and his trainer calls the Bulls liars. About what? They have always maintained that he isn't untradeable.

Butler can't get the big payday and now he is a little salty.

If I find a writer to back up what I'm saying then it's only going to be discredited. Simple deduction supports this and it makes sense why he had to be dealt.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:50 am 

long time guy wrote:
Do you have a source that says he didn't? It's obvious. He stood to gain about 70 mil more from the Bulls if he remained with them. Bulls didn't want to pay him. This stuff about loyalty is fans mumbo jumbo. It's a business. It was a business when Butler gambled on himself and won. It was a business when Butler threw people under the bus only after getting his money. It's a business now.

You don't invest that kind of dough in a guy that will be 30 and on the down of his career. If they keep Butler they risked getting nothing for him in 2 years.

He gets traded and his trainer calls the Bulls liars. About what? They have always maintained that he isn't untradeable.

If I find a writer to back up what I'm saying then it's only going to be discredited. Simple deduction supports this and it makes sense why he had to be dealt.

Paxson was on with W&S on Friday and basically said the same thing . He actually bristled a little bit when Silvy asked something along the lines of loyalty to players . He said they never told Butler he was untradable and they only player he ever heard of that was untradable was Michael.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Butler still has a shot at All-NBA and $200M in Minnesota. He had no chance of that in Cleveland. I don't question if he wants to win but $200M will also be his focus this year. He's going to bust his ass to earn that money.

Edit: Didn't realize the trade cost him millions. Now he can focus exclusively on winning.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:

You made the positive assertion that it was strictly about money, not me. How about rather than crying about the hypothetical discrediting of your hypothetical source, you actually find one? Butler specifically shot down his interest in the Cavs, not a trade in general, which seems to undermine the notion that it was strictly about money for him.

If you think the only thing Butler or his trainer could be angry with Forman about is the mere fact he got traded then you and I have far different perceptions of the scope and scale of his duplicity.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:50 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You made the positive assertion that it was strictly about money, not me. How about rather then crying about the hypothetical discrediting of your hypothetical source, you actually find one? Butler specifically shot down his interest in the Cavs, not a trade in general, which seems to undermine the notion that it was strictly about money for him.

If you think the only thing Butler or his trainer could be angry with Forman is the mere fact you got traded then you and I have far different perceptions of the scope and scale of his duplicity.

Nice try. Butler said that he also wanted to remain with the Bulls and bring them back to contender status. If you believe that I got a bridge to sell you.

Did you expect him to put out a sign that "I'm mad that i wont be getting my 200 million now". Thats not how its done.

When Butler stated that he wanted to remain with the Bulls red flags went up. Really? The biggest malcontent on the team during the past 2 years. The guy who big timed teammates and coaches at each and every interval doesn't want to be traded.

It's not hard to connect the dots. It's only my opinion and I'm comfortable with it. Once I found out about how the Supermax deal actually works then it made sense why he wanted to remain a Bull and made even more sense about why Paxson thought it best to trade him. You can buy the deal about loyalty all you want but it doesn't mean that I have to.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

LTG I don't doubt that Butler wanted $200 but that doesn't mean that was the only reason he wanted to stay with the Bulls. He was easily their best player and that was likely to be true for the foreseeable future. He loves the city and he's played here his entire career. He had some influence with management because Michael Reinsdorf loved him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You made the positive assertion that it was strictly about money, not me. How about rather then crying about the hypothetical discrediting of your hypothetical source, you actually find one? Butler specifically shot down his interest in the Cavs, not a trade in general, which seems to undermine the notion that it was strictly about money for him.

If you think the only thing Butler or his trainer could be angry with Forman is the mere fact you got traded then you and I have far different perceptions of the scope and scale of his duplicity.

Nice try. Butler said that he also wanted to remain with the Bulls and bring them back to contender status. If you believe that I got a bridge to sell you.

Did you expect him to put out a sign that "I'm mad that i wont be getting my 200 million now". Thats not how its done.

When Butler stated that he wanted to remain with the Bulls red flags went up. Really? The biggest malcontent on the team during the past 2 years. The guy who big timed teammates and coaches at each and every interval doesn't want to be traded.

It's not hard to connect the dots. It's only my opinion and I'm comfortable with it. Once I found out about how the Supermax deal actually works then it made sense why he wanted to remain a Bull and made even more sense about why Paxson thought it best to trade him. You can buy the deal about loyalty all you want but it doesn't mean that I have to.

Butler went out of his way to recruit known free agents last offseason, arguably more so than GarPax had ever bothered to in their entire failed regime. Likewise every single thing you attribute him being a malcontent about could just as easily be seen as his actually wanting the team to be better. Was Michael Jordan a malcontent when he likewise belittled all of his teammates?

Again, there were plenty of reports that Cousins was all about the money long before he even got traded. I'm gonna need something more than a "simple deduction" by one of the biggest Butler haters and Hoiberg/front office apologists around to believe it in this case.

And if you think this trade made perfect sense because of the super-max, then you should be even angrier at the incompetent front office for not pulling the trigger on this sooner and/or getting completely fleeced by the Wolves. The Bulls apparently just learned about how the super max works as recently as you have. The great assets they got for Butler was yet another point guard only competent on one end of the court, a guy coming off an ACL injury to his planting foot, and 9 spots in the draft. And before you rush to your usual pro-front office spin and declare this is simply the best offer and that Butler just wasn't valued by the rest of the league, recall that the front office was high on Dunn from the start, just like they were high on Cameron Payne and just like the Kings were high on Buddy Hield.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

They'll also have to pay Lavine a Butler like contract if he has a decent season. That means they'll be in a worse position than they would have been if they had kept Butler.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Drake LaRrieta wrote:
Maybe he wants to go play with Chris Bosh.

Bosch
DeWalt
Craftsman

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:13 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Butler went out of his way to recruit known free agents last offseason, arguably more so than GarPax had ever bothered to in their entire failed regime. Likewise every single thing you attribute him being a malcontent about could just as easily be seen as his actually wanting the team to be better. Was Michael Jordan a malcontent when he likewise belittled all of his teammates?

Again, there were plenty of reports that Cousins was all about the money long before he even got traded. I'm gonna need something more than a "simple deduction" by one of the biggest Butler haters and Hoiberg/front office apologists around to believe it in this case.

And if you think this trade made perfect sense because of the super-max, then you should be even angrier at the incompetent front office for not pulling the trigger on this sooner and/or getting completely fleeced by the Wolves. The Bulls apparently just learned about how the super max works as recently as you have. The great assets they got for Butler was yet another point guard only competent on one end of the court, a guy coming off an ACL injury to his planting foot, and 9 spots in the draft. And before you rush to your usual pro-front office spin and declare this is simply the best offer and that Butler just wasn't valued by the rest of the league, recall that the front office was high on Dunn from the start, just like they were high on Cameron Payne and just like the Kings were high on Buddy Hield.

Dunn looked bad last year. I don't doubt that but if you are to blast GarPax, which is a cottage industry for you then you have to blast the guy that drafted him. He may not be a good pro but I'm not willing to give up on him because of Thibs and I'm sure a buck passer like you would blast Hoiberg if he'd put up the same stats with the Bulls.

It's funny how you are quick to believe that which you believe to be positive about Butler too but nothing that may be negative. He pursued free agents. You don't know that. Dwayne Wade doesn't qualify as a big signing as this point.

This dude had multiple instances of showing people up so the whole where are the reports angle is garbage. Friedell and Sam Smith reported on it as it happened. Rajon Rondo called him on his bullshit and you could seem him demonstrating it during some of the games.

You also have no problem believing that the Bulls could have gotten a better deal. Why? Because it reflects poorly on management. You are a one note song.

As far as apologizing I've gone on record multiple times and stated how management should be whacked. You are lying about that. I'm not a guy that has an ax to grind with them like you. You have no objectivity where they are concerned.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:16 pm 

Nas wrote:
They'll also have to pay Lavine a Butler like contract if he has a decent season. That means they'll be in a worse position than they would have been if they had kept Butler.

Zach Lavine won't be paid 40 mil a year. Butler more than likely would have. It would have killed the team going forward.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Yall are some passionate Bulls fans.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Zach Lavine won't be paid 40 mil a year. Butler more than likely would have. It would have killed the team going forward.

Lavine will get around $90M if he has a good season. Paying the proven Butler $20M a year (what he gets now) is far different from paying an unproven and defensively challenged player $20M a year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:58 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Lavine will get around $90M if he has a good season. Paying the proven Butler $20M a year (what he gets now) is far different from paying an unproven and defensively challenged player $20M a year.

Lavine is a proven offensive player. Butler is better but in two years Butler is in line to receive franchise player money. I wouldn't pay him that apparently GarPax thought that too. It's possible Boston soured on him (If there ever was serious interest) after realizing that he wasn't that guy during the playoffs series. I don't believe that were ever going to trade top 5 picks for him and every team that he was allegedly shopped to passed as well.

In addition Lavine will only be getting Butler money for 1 year. Butler will be able to opt out in two years and he will no doubt command a heftier salary.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Wolves all the way. Thibs better deliver though.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:24 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Where do you expect their ranking in the West and record to be next year?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:46 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Dunn looked bad last year. I don't doubt that but if you are to blast GarPax, which is a cottage industry for you then you have to blast the guy that drafted him. He may not be a good pro but I'm not willing to give up on him because of Thibs and I'm sure a buck passer like you would blast Hoiberg if he'd put up the same stats with the Bulls.
Dunn decreased his value last year and Butler increased his. I'm a lot more inclined to praise the front office that traded away a devalued asset for one with a higher value. You should be much more ready to rip GarPax for making a lottery pick bust one of their key desired pieces than you are to blast Thibs for a draft pick not working out. Indeed, the fact that he got so much value for a draft pick that didn't work out is more praiseworthy than the pick itself is worthy of criticism.

Quote:
It's funny how you are quick to believe that which you believe to be positive about Butler too but nothing that may be negative. He pursued free agents. You don't know that. Dwayne Wade doesn't qualify as a big signing as this point.
He's arguably a bigger signing than anyone that GarPax have successfully signed. If we're taking Reinsdorf's precious revenue into account, he definitely is. If you want to hold recruiting Wade against him, then perhaps you have a better alternative? Maybe we should be ripping Butler for not handing the lazy ass front office Durant instead on a silver platter?

Quote:
This dude had multiple instances of showing people up so the whole where are the reports angle is garbage. Friedell and Sam Smith reported on it as it happened. Rajon Rondo called him on his bullshit and you could seem him demonstrating it during some of the games.
Rondo called him on it because he had to pretend to be a good teammate since he was never playing again in the NBA if he got cut. Again, if criticizing teammates is such a damnable offense, then maybe MJ truly shouldn't have been untradeable?

Quote:
You also have no problem believing that the Bulls could have gotten a better deal. Why? Because it reflects poorly on management. You are a one note song.
You have no problem going along with their spin that it was the best available deal because you are even more wed to your criticisms of Butler. Don't take my word for it though:
@MikeGiardi Danny Ainge said C's weren't in any recent talks for just moved Jimmy Butler. Source says not true. C's engaged on Butler til the end (1/2)
@MikeGiardi (2/2) Source states unequivocally C's had better offer on table than Minny surrendered, including flip of firsts - 3 for 16 (*wrote 7*).
Quote:
As far as apologizing I've gone on record multiple times and stated how management should be whacked. You are lying about that. I'm not a guy that has an ax to grind with them like you. You have no objectivity where they are concerned.

You're still happy to carry water for them though when it comes time to blame the players or coaches they've shipped off instead of where the focus should rightly be aimed. You're still happy to defend Hoiberg's coaching abilities despite being unable to name a single thing he does well aside from a vague notion of "meeting expectations." I am in fact completely objective about what massive failures Foreman and Paxson have been; the mere fact that I have arrived at an (accurate) extreme judgment doesn't sit well with your own personal petty beefs focused on players and coaches you dislike more instead.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:15 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Better than this year and at least 40 games better than the Bulls, if not 50.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:18 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Better than this year and at least 40 games better than the Bulls, if not 50.

I think you had the same prediction for the Wolves last year :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:55 pm 

Not as exaggerated but I did have them better than the Knicks and Bulls. Was wrong about the Bulls but I'd still make that call ten times out of ten.

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next