pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I love it.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
K.C. Johnson‏Verified account @KCJHoop 4m4 minutes ago

John Paxson and Doug Collins will hold a 3 p.m. news conference today. They're only two people listed as attendees.

Must mean Gar Forman is toast. Let's hope so.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am 

'77Cubs wrote:
K.C. Johnson‏Verified account @KCJHoop 4m4 minutes ago

John Paxson and Doug Collins will hold a 3 p.m. news conference today. They're only two people listed as attendees.

Must mean Gar Forman is toast. Let's hope so.

Yep Gar can pack his bags. If not today sometime during the season.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Whatever. Just another one of Jerry's boys getting a paycheck. I doubt Gar's being phased out and even in the unlikely event that he is, Paxson is unfortunately still around and Collins has shown no eye for modern NBA talent evaluation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:22 am 

Gar is probably getting a promotion.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Doug has to be anticipating this even more than Bill Clinton was getting access to White House interns again.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:30 am 

Just read the news stories, Gar survives at least for today. To bad. Typical Bulls. Uncle Jerry can listen to all these guys argue and he gets to decide.

Soap opera bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:43 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Maybe Paxson is leaving.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:47 am 

I really don't want to hear anything more than the entire front office is being fired, or that Dwayne Wade will be made to play every minute of every game and eat each and every loss.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:48 am 

Nas wrote:
Maybe Paxson is leaving.

Doubtful but let's hope the clock is ticking on Gar Forman.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:24 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Whatever. Just another one of Jerry's boys getting a paycheck. I doubt Gar's being phased out and even in the unlikely event that he is, Paxson is unfortunately still around and Collins has shown no eye for modern NBA talent evaluation.

I don't think that having an "eye for modern NBA talent" has ever been his job. I don't think he was ever placed in charge of player personnel during any of his other stops.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

I don't think that having an "eye for modern NBA talent" has ever been his job. I don't think he was ever placed in charge of player personnel during any of his other stops.

Okay so he doesn't have experience identifying talent and has never been in charge of player personnel. Sounds like you hate the hire.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:37 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Okay so he doesn't have experience identifying talent and has never been in charge of player personnel. Sounds like you hate the hire.

Yeah about as much you hated the Thibs hire in Minnesota. No one has ever questioned Collin's basketball mind or his ability to evaluate talent. He is one of the best basketball guys in the business. It is unfair to suggest that a guy is a failure at something he has yet to ever attempt. Awfully presumptuous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:50 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Yeah about as much you hated the Thibs hire in Minnesota. No one has ever questioned Collin's basketball mind or his ability to evaluate talent. He is one of the best basketball guys in the business. It is unfair to suggest that a guy is a failure at something he has yet to ever attempt. Awfully presumptuous

Thibs?!? WTF? :lol: Try to calm down.

Okay so after you brought up that he has no experience identifying talent and has never been in charge of player personnel, now it seems like you're saying it was nevertheless a good hire. Just wanted to get your take on the hire.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:58 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Thibs?!? WTF? :lol: Try to calm down.

Okay so after you brought up that he has no experience identifying talent and has never been in charge of player personnel, now it seems like you're saying it was nevertheless a good hire. Just wanted to get your take on the hire.

I'm just wondering how you could draw the conclusion that I hated the hire. I've always been a Doug Collins guy. He knows his shit. They have to whack Gar though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:59 am 

long time guy wrote:

I'm just wondering how you could draw the conclusion that I hated the hire. I've always been a Doug Collins guy. He knows his shit. They have to whack Gar though.

Because you said he had no front office talent despite being hired for a senior front office role.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
This is dumb. If it means Gar is out that's cool, but Collins isn't anything to get excited about and even if he was, he's not in charge.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

I'll question his ability to evaluate talent until he actually, you know, does it...I think the closest thing he did to that was in Detroit, and he ran off some good players and had a propensity for work hard grindy guys.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

Regular Reader wrote:
I really don't want to hear anything more than the entire front office is being fired, or that Dwayne Wade will be made to play every minute of every game and eat each and every loss.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Gar is too busy personally assisting Cam Payne with his rehab, wants to ensure the PG of the future is ready ASAP.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:58 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Because you said he had no front office talent despite being hired for a senior front office role.

No I didn't. Experience and talent are two different things.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:00 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

I'll question his ability to evaluate talent until he actually, you know, does it...I think the closest thing he did to that was in Detroit, and he ran off some good players and had a propensity for work hard grindy guys.

No one questionned Thibs's ability to evaluate talent despite never doing it. When it is Bulls management you might as well let the bias cup runneth over I guess.

Good hire and if it means Gar is bounced even better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
'Fire GarPaxLins' billboard going up any day now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:02 pm 

Next failed Bulls Coach: Chris Collins.

pizza_Place: giordanos
Wasn't Collins president of the Sixers and was bad at it?

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Next failed Bulls Coach: Chris Collins.

Yup.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:06 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
This is dumb. If it means Gar is out that's cool, but Collins isn't anything to get excited about and even if he was, he's not in charge.

Collins is something to get excited about and you don't know if he will or won't have influence. People thought Gar wouldn't have influence either and they were proven wrong. Collins would not take the job if he couldn't have a say.

I have a friendly wager that I was hoping to put off til the season started

OKC/ Wolves most wins for $100. You think George is overrated and you don't care for Westbrook.

Conversely you are a Butler Thibs and Taj guy. I got OKC with the more wins than Minnesota. What say you?

I was going to wait for the season opener because I didn't want any of the main guys to come down with any freak preseason injuries. Both teams either. If neither of the main guys comes down with major injuries let's lock that in prior to the start of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:12 pm 

Bulls management sucks. No doubt about it.

2013 CSFMB ROY