It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
We're going to see a lot of terrible basketball from the Bulls this year. Ideally, we finish last in the association and land 25% odds (a year before the lottery rules change to 14%). Do you like Porter or Bagley starting for the 2018-2019 Chicago Bulls?

I'm biased because Bagley is a local AZ kid. His dad (LaVar Ball lite) is the reason why Marvin left AZ midway through high school. Marvin's a really good dude though. Super nice and down to earth.

I'll be watching more Duke and Missouri basketball than the Bulls this year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:29 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
We're going to see a lot of terrible basketball from the Bulls this year. Ideally, we finish last in the association and land 25% odds (a year before the lottery rules change to 14%). Do you like Porter or Bagley starting for the 2018-2019 Chicago Bulls?

I'm biased because Bagley is a local AZ kid. His dad (LaVar Ball lite) is the reason why Marvin left AZ midway through high school. Marvin's a really good dude though. Super nice and down to earth.

I'll be watching more Duke and Missouri basketball than the Bulls this year.

Saw some of the game when they matched up against one another and I think I have to go with Bagley. Porter is a tad more skilled right now but I think Bagley has more upside. Porter isn't all that athletic and his game is too perimeter oriented. Bagley is long and rangy and looks like he will have no trouble playing either 4 or 5 in the league. I wouldn't mind seeing either on the Bulls going forward.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Manny's
I think it is Bagley as well. Athletic 6-11 PF that can shoot and pass a little. I think his shooting stroke will only improve over the next few years. The concerning thing for me is I saw a few mock drafts showing the Bulls taking Luca Doncic 1st. If that happens I may be done with the Bulls.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Luka Doncic.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:38 am 

815 wrote:
I think it is Bagley as well. Athletic 6-11 PF that can shoot and pass a little. I think his shooting stroke will only improve over the next few years. The concerning thing for me is I saw a few mock drafts showing the Bulls taking Luca Doncic 1st. If that happens I may be done with the Bulls.

Have you seen Doncic play? Guy is gonna be a stud.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: John's
DeAndre Ayton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:46 am 

shakes wrote:
815 wrote:

You said the same thing about Lonzo Ball. Doncic looks really skilled but I wonder about how effective he will be in the NBA. Speed of the game looks like it will be a problem. He does appear to have a motor though. He gets after it. Not overly athletic but he looks like he can do it all offensively. He definitely is intriguing but I still say Bagley. If Doncic were 6'10 I'd say do it. At 6'7 don't know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:52 am 

I would go Porter right now, but it looks like potentially a good draft to have a top 5 pick

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: John's
RFDC wrote:
I would go Porter right now, but it looks like potentially a good draft to have a top 5 pick

I'd rather have a competitive basketball team. This isn't MLB. Tanking isn't a proven way to win.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:47 am 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
815 wrote:

You said the same thing about Lonzo Ball. Doncic looks really skilled but I wonder about how effective he will be in the NBA. Speed of the game looks like it will be a problem. He does appear to have a motor though. He gets after it. Not overly athletic but he looks like he can do it all offensively. He definitely is intriguing but I still say Bagley. If Doncic were 6'10 I'd say do it. At 6'7 don't know.

I've only seen highlights of Doncic and haven't seen any of the other guys yet, but it looks like he belongs in the discussion for #1 pick. Maybe that will change when I get to see the other guys.

Doncic is slow, but passes like Magic and shoots as well as anyone I've seen coming into the league.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:49 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
DeAndre Ayton

might end up ineligible when all the smoke clears from the FBI investigation. Looks like he was paid $150k by Adidas.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:12 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
815 wrote:

I've only seen highlights of Doncic and haven't seen any of the other guys yet, but it looks like he belongs in the discussion for #1 pick. Maybe that will change when I get to see the other guys.

Doncic is slow, but passes like Magic and shoots as well as anyone I've seen coming into the league.

I agree with you about his skill set. I just don't know if he will be able to get his game off against NBA players. I have the same qualms about Porter but he is 6'10. Doncic has an advanced skill set for a kid his age. He also appears to have a motor also.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
At first I thought this was some sort of 1980s point guard comparison.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:26 am 

He may be the best of the bunch.

https://youtu.be/WrvLAhYrbYk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Caller Bob wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I'd rather have a competitive basketball team. This isn't MLB. Tanking isn't a proven way to win.

Bob,
Didn't the Bulls go this route during the Eddy Curry years or was that just sucking just to suck?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Caller Bob wrote:

Winning 30 games in the 2002-2003 season got us Kirk Hinrich instead of LeBron, Carmelo, or Wade.

The next season, they finish second to last in the NBA. Orlando won 2 less games. Cost the Bulls Dwight Howard.