It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
I know we won't do shit this year but I'm stoked anyway. Lots of good story lines around the league. Two good stories tonite with Kyree vs. LeBron and The Beard with his new little sidekick Chris Paul, both games on TV.

I hate LeBron's living asshole guts and I'm a BIG Beard fan so both games worth watching. There's speculation that James will puss out and not play. Fuck him regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Bull Record Prediction:

14-58

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Bull Record Prediction:

14-58

Only playing 72? Nice.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Bull Record Prediction:

14-58

Only playing 72? Nice.

14-68, then.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
No

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Since when did the NBA start this early? I always thought they started around end of October/Halloween?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:55 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Since when did the NBA start this early? I always thought they started around end of October/Halloween?

Trying to get rid of back to backs or at least limit them. Cut out some preseason games.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:55 pm 

Not watching this season unless there are fantasy basketball implications.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:57 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

They changed the schedule so the players didn't have to play as many back to back games as in years past. This is all to support the exploitative new rules that the owners pushed for to ensure the players are always playing, even at the expense of their health and/or the team's long-term strategy.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:56 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

They changed the schedule so the players didn't have to play as many back to back games as in years past. This is all to support the exploitative new rules that the owners pushed for to ensure the players are always playing, even at the expense of their health and/or the team's long-term strategy.
Well, that's an over simplification....back to backs is an excuse championed by that ugly old prick in San Antonio. He started it all when he sat the big 3 in the same freaking game. That's pretty fucked up for the fans....you know: start the motherfuckers and pull 'em early if their ass is dragging so bad!

Well, everybody jumped on that band wagon. Kinda like all the baseball managers copy catting another old, ugly scumbag (LaRussa)

Stretching out the season won't help at all. I repeat: IT'S AN EXCUSE!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:59 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
Bull Record Prediction:

14-58

Only playing 72? Nice.

14-68, then.
Are you serious? These kids will surprise you. Bulls win 35 games minimum. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm 

St. Louis Bull Man wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Well, that's an over simplification....back to backs is an excuse championed by that ugly old prick in San Antonio. He started it all when he sat the big 3 in the same freaking game. That's pretty fucked up for the fans....you know: start the motherfuckers and pull 'em early if their ass is dragging so bad!

Well, everybody jumped on that band wagon. Kinda like all the baseball managers copy catting another old, ugly scumbag (LaRussa)

Stretching out the season won't help at all. I repeat: IT'S AN EXCUSE!!!

Coaches can do whatever they want whenever they want to win games. If you want to be entertained then go see a clown show. Enjoy your shit team this year.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I thought everyone was mad at Popp not because he rested the guys but he had them not even fly to their rest games. So fans cannot even see a little shoot around etc with the big names.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
pittmike wrote:
I thought everyone was mad at Popp not because he rested the guys but he had them not even fly to their rest games. So fans cannot even see a little shoot around etc with the big names.

I thought it was because he couldn't shut up with his libtard politics.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:39 pm 

pittmike wrote:

Guys are mad at Pop because he's not whipping his players and forcing them to play 48 minutes a game just so some hedge fund guy sitting courtside can take selfies of himself with Kawhi Leonard in the background.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
the Popp as coaching legend thing really gets me rankled. Yeah, nice timing firing Bob Hill on the cusp of having a good team.

Now, Popp the GM is a legend.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
the Popp as coaching legend thing really gets me rankled. Yeah, nice timing firing Bob Hill on the cusp of having a good team.

They weren't on the cusp of having a good team. They won their first title with a raw Duncan, an aging Robinson, and a bunch of solid role players. The dynasty started when Ginobli and Parker entered the scene and Duncan became a top 3 player. Hill was long gone by then.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:53 pm 

City of Fools wrote:

When does a guy with common basketball sense become a legend? Pop ain't so fucking smart.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:54 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

They weren't on the cusp of having a good team. They won their first title with a raw Duncan, an aging Robinson, and a bunch of solid role players. The dynasty started when Ginobli and Parker entered the scene and Duncan became a top 3 player. Hill was long gone by then.

uh...what? They drafted the best big man since Patrick Ewing. They made Bob Hill torch the team so they could get the draft pick, then axed him once they got him. They were immediately a title contender with Duncan. Duncan wasn't raw, dude was a 4 year guy at Wake and could have come out his junior year and been a star.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:54 pm 

Sorry, but Pop not being a legendary coach is right up there with PJ not being a legendary coach as one of the dumbest NBA thoughts on this board.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:56 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Yup. No team has ever won a championship w/o the horses! (huh, Phil?)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:58 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

uh...what? They drafted the best big man since Patrick Ewing. They made Bob Hill torch the team so they could get the draft pick, then axed him once they got him. They were immediately a title contender with Duncan. Duncan wasn't raw, dude was a 4 year guy at Wake and could have come out his junior year and been a star.

That still doesn't support your assertion that they were on "the cusp of having a good team." Like I said, they had a young Duncan and a bunch of vets. That isn't a dynasty in the making. They won the title during the lockout year anyway.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Sorry, but Pop not being a legendary coach is right up there with PJ not being a legendary coach as one of the dumbest NBA thoughts on this board.

Phil was a legendary coach. he's the definition of a point B to point C guy.

That Knicks team they beat was no slouch. Many thought it was their year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Pop and whomever his coaches are don't match up with Phil and HIS coaches. (Tex doesn't get enough dap)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:05 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Phil was a legendary coach. he's the definition of a point B to point C guy.

That Knicks team they beat was no slouch. Many thought it was their year.

Many thought it was their year.
It damn near was!!! THEY were our NBA finals....get past them and things got easier.

Holy shit now you're reminding me about that fucking John Starks and Oakley!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
veganfan21 wrote:

I think bigfan once tried to argue that George Karl was better than Pop :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:11 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

That still doesn't support your assertion that they were on "the cusp of having a good team." Like I said, they had a young Duncan and a bunch of vets. That isn't a dynasty in the making. They won the title during the lockout year anyway.

there's a large gap between good team and dynasty. I didn't say dynasty, I said good team.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:17 pm 

It's weird being somewhat excited about the start of a season only to not really care again until after Presidents Day.

If the Bulls win 20 I'll be stunned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
shakes stopped watching the NBA because of Popovich’s comments.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Shams Charania ✔@ShamsCharania
Sources: Bulls forwards Bobby Portis and Nikola Mirotic were involved in serious altercation in practice today, leaving Mirotic hospitalized and out indefinitely. Story coming.
:lol: