It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is this the guy?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:08 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
Poor shot selection =a missed shot

That's not correct. There are bad shots that actually go in as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:09 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
You can still get a Kawhi Leonard with the 15th pick, or a Draymond/Jokic type in the 2nd round.

Bulls should do that.

This is funny. Even if the Bulls tank and receive a top 3 pick what precludes them from "discovering" the vastly overrated Draemond Green in the 2nd? Theoretically they can still do both.

For every Kawhi Leonard there are 50 Acie Laws.

It looks great when you strike and the Bulls already did that with Butler. You are not going to challenge for anything by depending on mid to late first round picks.

Toronto has that sort of team and they can't get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs The Hawks tried to compete that type of team for years and struggled to get past the 2nd Round.

If you look at the Best teams you will see that they are littered with high draft picks. Doesn't matter how they were acquired.

The Spurs don’t have any high draft picks and when they are healthy they are the 2nd best team in the league.

Aldridge is a high draft pick. Pau Gasol too. Rudy Gay was a top 10 pick too.

I know you are all in on Leonard but he missed the majority of this season and they still were #3 in the conf.

Yes they have drafted well but they have never won anything without Tim Duncan as their best player.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
You can still get a Kawhi Leonard with the 15th pick, or a Draymond/Jokic type in the 2nd round.

Bulls should do that.

This is funny. Even if the Bulls tank and receive a top 3 pick what precludes them from "discovering" the vastly overrated Draemond Green in the 2nd? Theoretically they can still do both.

It looks great when you strike and the Bulls already did that with Butler. You are not going to challenge for anything by depending on mid to late first round picks.

Toronto has that sort of team and they can't get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs The Hawks tried to compete that type of team for years and struggled to get past the 2nd Round.

If you look at the Best teams you will see that they are littered with high draft picks. Doesn't matter how they were acquired.

The Spurs don’t have any high draft picks and when they are healthy they are the 2nd best team in the league.

I know you are all in on Leonard but he missed the majority of this season and they still were #3 in the conf.

Yes they have drafted well but they have never won anything without Tim Duncan as their best player.

Im all in on the Spurs. They’ve been my second team since Kawhi was like 10 years old. And the bold part is just showing how good the team is. If you think it’s an indication Kawhi isn’t as great as we think then just look at what they did to Golden State in 4.5 games with him and 3.5 games without him last season.

Edit: already proved your last part wrong before too. Don’t feel like reposting all the stats but they all say Kawhi was better than duncan that year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Looked at their January schedule and at first glance it looked tougher than it actually happens to be.

I wouldn't simply give Niko away either(what a difference a year makes) but i would place him on the block. I don't know if i go specifically for a draft pick. I'd go for a young player or two with talent who happens to be languishing on someone's bench. I'm beginning to appreciate Hoiberg's ability to develop young talent. They are doing an excellent job of developing guys. Maybe GarPax can pluck a couple of guys with talent that others have given up on like Dunn.

I would agree with this strategy as an option for Niko. You know there are guys sitting who can play in this league. Not sure how sophisticated their pro scouting dept is (they did hire Doug Collins who knows talent) but they did acquire Nwaba who clearly can play. Who is to say what Niko becomes? If the switch has suddenly gone on with the guy then keep him, unless you get value back. The last thing they want to do is give him away for some bust out like Cam Payne and Niko continues to produce for a San Antonio for the next 6-8 years. Then that becomes a fireable offense in most organizations but who knows with Uncle fucking Jerry.

It will be very interesting to see what happens come deadline time in Feb. and how well they play prior to that.

Tough matchup against WASH tomorrow too...

I read something the other where Mirotic stated that he went back and looked at film and realized that he had to have better shot selection. That along with the fact that he didn't garner much intetest while on the free agent market may have triggered something in him Portis punch will obvuously be linked but i don't know about that. It happened at the beginning of camp and we really don't know if he'd already made the adjustment.

Biggest issue for me was always his terrible shot selection.

If he has corrected that then the Bulls may actually have found something with him. I'd still deal him. Lauri Markannen has more upside and unless they believe they can play them together you have to deal Mirotic.

Bullshit Niko had to look at ojd films.....none of the coaching staff told him his selection ....just Mirotic and ltg bullshit I say

Only a fool would believe the guy that prides himself on "not watching one second of bulls basketball". How would you know? You never watch the games remember. Just another dude with a completely baseless opinion.

Are the Bulls tanking? If they are Mirotic is traded ...they can get more than Philly got for Oakafor. So talking about Mirotic is like you useless

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Bulls should do that.

Im all in on the Spurs. They’ve been my second team since Kawhi was like 10 years old. And the bold part is just showing how good the team is. If you think it’s an indication Kawhi isn’t as great as we think then just look at what they did to Golden State in 4.5 games with him and 3.5 games without him last season.

Edit: already proved your last part wrong before too. Don’t feel like reposting all the stats but they all say Kawhi was better than duncan that year.

Stats often don't tell the entire story. Many of the stats accumulated by Leonard were accumulated because Duncan received most of the attention.

When it became Leonard's team 2 years ago they were bumped out by OKC.

We will never know about G.S. last season either. I say this as Spurs fan that goes back to the era when they had Strickland and Cummings on the roster. Hell i liked them with Iceman too.

I like Leonard but their team isn't all about him. Tim Duncan is the main reason that they are a model franchise. He was that good.

He was also a bona fide franchise player following his freshman year in college.

You don't generally get those guys ib the middle of the first round.

I just provided the numbers. High draft picks win for you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Bulls should do that.

Stats often don't tell the entire story. Many of the stats accumulated by Leonard were accumulated because Duncan received most of the attention.

When it became Leonard's team 2 years ago they were bumped out by OKC.

We will never know about G.S. last season either. I say this as Spurs fan that goes back to the era when they had Strickland and Cummings on the roster. Hell i liked them with Iceman too.

I like Leonard but their team isn't all about him. Tim Duncan is the main reason that they are a model franchise. He was that good.

He was also a bona fide franchise player following his freshman year in college.

You don't generally get those guys ib the middle of the first round.

I just provided the numbers. High draft picks win for you.
not in the 6ers case

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:28 pm 

I never said their team is all about him. If it started being all about him they wouldn’t be the Spurs anymore and I would like them less.

And what you fail to realize is Kawhi was the best defensive player in the league that year and that doesn’t even show up on the stats. So yes, you are right that stats don’t tell the whole story. It’s clear anyway you measure it that Kawhi was the best player on that team. Those Finals games are in Youtube. Go rewatch them.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
FavreFan wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
They really need to get back to the tank asap. This little run has been fun, but there are some great players going to be at the top of this draft. Gotta have a top 5 pick.

Need to trade Lopez now and Mirotic as soon as he is eligible.

They currently have the 9th pick but obviously that will continue to drop if they keep winning. Agree, trade Lopez asap. As to Niko, I'm just not going to unload him for a 2nd round pick. Got to get value for him. By unloading Lopez that will hurt them just enough so they start losing again.

If they released Lopez today the team would be better.

And you say this because...?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:30 pm 

long time guy wrote:
long time guy wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Looked at their January schedule and at first glance it looked tougher than it actually happens to be.

I wouldn't simply give Niko away either(what a difference a year makes) but i would place him on the block. I don't know if i go specifically for a draft pick. I'd go for a young player or two with talent who happens to be languishing on someone's bench. I'm beginning to appreciate Hoiberg's ability to develop young talent. They are doing an excellent job of developing guys. Maybe GarPax can pluck a couple of guys with talent that others have given up on like Dunn.

I would agree with this strategy as an option for Niko. You know there are guys sitting who can play in this league. Not sure how sophisticated their pro scouting dept is (they did hire Doug Collins who knows talent) but they did acquire Nwaba who clearly can play. Who is to say what Niko becomes? If the switch has suddenly gone on with the guy then keep him, unless you get value back. The last thing they want to do is give him away for some bust out like Cam Payne and Niko continues to produce for a San Antonio for the next 6-8 years. Then that becomes a fireable offense in most organizations but who knows with Uncle fucking Jerry.

It will be very interesting to see what happens come deadline time in Feb. and how well they play prior to that.

Tough matchup against WASH tomorrow too...

I read something the other where Mirotic stated that he went back and looked at film and realized that he had to have better shot selection. That along with the fact that he didn't garner much intetest while on the free agent market may have triggered something in him Portis punch will obvuously be linked but i don't know about that. It happened at the beginning of camp and we really don't know if he'd already made the adjustment.

Biggest issue for me was always his terrible shot selection.

If he has corrected that then the Bulls may actually have found something with him. I'd still deal him. Lauri Markannen has more upside and unless they believe they can play them together you have to deal Mirotic.

Bullshit Niko had to look at ojd films.....none of the coaching staff told him his selection ....just Mirotic and ltg bullshit I say

Only a fool would believe the guy that prides himself on "not watching one second of bulls basketball". How would you know? You never watch the games remember. Just another dude with a completely baseless opinion.

Are the Bulls tanking? If they are Mirotic is traded ...they can get more than Philly got for Oakafor. So talking about Mirotic is like you useless

Its useless to give credence to any of your opinions since you don't watch the games. You are nothing more than a universal diss machine.

If someone praises anything Bulls related like Kris Dunn, you're Johnny on the spot with your customary bash job. They will be lambasted for Making him the next Stockton. #Truth.

Gets old. You gotta find a new bag.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:32 pm 

'77Cubs wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
They really need to get back to the tank asap. This little run has been fun, but there are some great players going to be at the top of this draft. Gotta have a top 5 pick.

They currently have the 9th pick but obviously that will continue to drop if they keep winning. Agree, trade Lopez asap. As to Niko, I'm just not going to unload him for a 2nd round pick. Got to get value for him. By unloading Lopez that will hurt them just enough so they start losing again.

He sucks at almost everything. Lauri, Portis, and Niko are all better players, even when playing the 5. He’s not a rim protector or rebounder or good defender. All three of those guys can space the floor way better, something that will help any lineups that include Dunn and Nwaba playing at the same time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He sucks at almost everything. Lauri, Portis, and Niko are all better players, even when playing the 5. He’s not a rim protector or rebounder or good defender. All three of those guys can space the floor way better, something that will help any lineups that include Dunn and Nwaba playing at the same time.

Obviously any of those three would space the ball better but all teams would have to do is pound the ball inside. Lopez is decent and an experienced 5 whereas the other 3 can't handle that position for the majority of a game. We are not at the point where 5's are dinosaurs yet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I never said their team is all about him. If it started being all about him they wouldn’t be the Spurs anymore and I would like them less.

And what you fail to realize is Kawhi was the best defensive player in the league that year and that doesn’t even show up on the stats. So yes, you are right that stats don’t tell the whole story. It’s clear anyway you measure it that Kawhi was the best player on that team. Those Finals games are in Youtube. Go rewatch them.

I already have. Even if Leonard was the best player during the finals (which i find debatable) They don't make it to the Finals without Duncan playing at an extremely high level.

Duncan was All NBA which i know doesn't hold much sway with you, but it does matter to just about everyone else that follows Pro basketball.

No one game planned for Kawhi Leonard that season. They did for Duncan Parker and Ginobili. He was a 3rd or 4th option on offense.

Helluva defender though but his offense hadn't quite caught up yet. He made shots during the Finals and when he did it was sort of surprising. The Heat were still comfortable playing off of him because the thinking was that he was still limited offensively.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:40 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I already have. Even if Leonard was the best player during the finals (which i find debatable) They don't make it to the Finals without Duncan playing at an extremely high level.

Duncan was All NBA which i know doesn't hold much sway with you, but it does matter to just about everyone else that follows Pro basketball.

No one game planned for Kawhi Leonard that season. They did for Duncan Parker and Ginobili. He was a 3rd or 4th option on offense.

Helluva defender though but his offense hadn't quite caught up yet. He made shots during the Finals and when he did it was sort of surprising. The Heat were still comfortable playing off of him because the thinking was that he was still limited offensively.

It was not surprising to Real Spurs fans. Those of us who followed the team knew by December who the best player was. I said it on here at the time. Duncan was still great at times, but the torch had been passed.

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Plus teams would pound the ball inside to get those 3 in foul trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:45 pm 

'77Cubs wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Plus teams would pound the ball inside to get those 3 in foul trouble.

I just wouldn’t worry about that. If Durant can play center so can those three. Yes, it would hurt you on some nights, but it would be a more effective lineup against the vast majority of the league. I also don’t think Lopez is nearly as effective at defending 5’s as you suggest. Dwight Howard is one of the few traditional 5’s left and he destroyed Lopez when they played.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:46 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It was not surprising to Real Spurs fans. Those of us who followed the team knew by December who the best player was. I said it on here at the time. Duncan was still great at times, but the torch had been passed.

Once Duncan faltered they were bounced by OKC (team you hated). If Leonard was the primary reason for success then why couldn't they get past them?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:48 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Once Duncan faltered they were bounced by OKC (team you hated). If Leonard was the primary reason for success then why couldn't they get past them?

The same reason they don’t win the title every year - there are other very good teams in the league too. OKC was one of them when they had Durant. You hate when I say stuff is obvious, but this response is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:53 pm 

I just wouldn’t worry about that. If Durant can play center so can those three. Yes, it would hurt you on some nights, but it would be a more effective lineup against the vast majority of the league. I also don’t think Lopez is nearly as effective at defending 5’s as you suggest. Dwight Howard is one of the few traditional 5’s left and he destroyed Lopez when they played.[/quote]

We have to stick to the script. Head to heads don't matter.

Lopez obviously helps the team. He anchors their interior D and he can score on offense. He is better than I thought originally.

My reason for dealing him relates to Portis. I think Portis's best position is the 5 spot. I'd like to see him get the shot as a starting 5. Lopez stands in the way of that.

They have to find something to do with Felicio. That contract is burning the hell out of them right now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:55 pm 

Damn I actually forgot about the Felicio contract. Fuck.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The same reason they don’t win the title every year - there are other very good teams in the league too. OKC was one of them when they had Durant. You hate when I say stuff is obvious, but this response is.

You didn't think OKC was much of shit at the time. Weren't supposed to win a game against G.S. as i Remember. Didn't stand a chance. Now they are a good team.

I'm a Leonard fan but the key to that team was always Duncan. He was that good. Until I see him do it as the guy then I'm not sold. If he gets them to the finals and loses that's enough.

Last edited by long time guy on Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:58 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Damn I actually forgot about the Felicio contract. Fuck.

3 more years for a guy that doesn't play. Bad money there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You didn't think OKC was much of shit at the time. Weren't supposed to win a game against G.S. as i Remember. Didn't stand a chance. Now they are a good team.

I'm a Leonard fan but the key to that team was always Duncan. He was that good. Until I see him do it as the guy then I'm not sold. If he gets them to the finals and loses that's enough.

OKC was a very good team that year. This isn’t deniable.

I’m not sure what your point here even is. You saw Leonard do it as the guy. Sucks you don’t see that but it happened. And yes, once Duncan continued to decline even more the team got a little bit worse and then OKC beat them. That’s not a reflection on Leonard.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:25 pm 

Lopez is crap ...every time he puts the ball on the floor he loses it......if you keep him the team is shit

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

I’m not sure what your point here even is. You saw Leonard do it as the guy. Sucks you don’t see that but it happened. And yes, once Duncan continued to decline even more the team got a little bit worse and then OKC beat them. That’s not a reflection on Leonard.

Here are Duncan's numbers during the Western Conf. Finals against OKC.

No doubt as to which player had more impact.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... spurs.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
If the Bulls end up at 6 or 7 it's not the end of the world. This draft is now 7 deep with elite talent. Honestly, the best fit for the Bulls might be Jaren Jackson Jr. 6'11 SF, already an amazing defensive player, can shoot 3s, post up and pretty much do it all.