Or is this the guy?

Post subject: Re: Is this the guy?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Or maybe it's this guy?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:59 am 

And let's not forget this guy just cause he's out for the year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am 

Or is college bball a waste of time this year and the Bulls are only interested in this guy..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:01 am 

All I gotta say is I'm glad I don't have to make the choice. Any one of those 5 could be the top pick. The scariest is Mo Bamba. I think he has the most upside of anyone but also the biggest chance to bust.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I think Walt's guy is the guy

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FavreFan wrote:
I think Walt's guy is the guy

Agreed. He’s a stud.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:20 pm 

At this point it's a 3 player race for the top pick between Bagley, Doncic and Ayton.

Bagley got the early hype at the start of the year, but after getting a chance to see Ayton play several times I'm not sure Bagley is ahead of him as a prospect. Bagley has better scoring touch around the rim with either hand, but Ayton seems to be a better shooter. Bagley is the better player at this point as Ayton seems to lack bball iq at times when it comes to effort/crashing the boards off the ball. But, Ayton is a monster in the weight room and practice so you gotta believe he'll figure it out at some point and start brining the proper level of energy to every possession.

Ayton looks to be a better athlete, but they're both very athletic.

Bagley: 21 ppg on 61FG%, 11.3 boards, less than a block per game.

Ayton: 19.9 ppg on 62FG%, 12 rebounds 1.5 blocks

Interestingly, NBAdraft has Ayton 1, Bagley 2, Doncic 3 in their latest 12/14 mock.

My guy Trae Young moving up, now in the lottery at 12. Started the year off the board and as the 23rd highest rated freshman.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Bulls won't be in the top 3.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:10 am 

Me before the season: I hope the Bulls draft Doncic

Me in November: OMG I hope the Bulls draft Bagley

Me in December: Holy shit I hope the Bulls draft Ayton

Me at Christmas: I can't believe what I'm seeing I hope the Bulls draft Trae

Me at New Years: Mo and Markennan front court? YES PLEASE!

Of course the way the Bulls are playing we'll get to enjoy just missing the playoffs and the Bridges of our choice followed by another decade of mediocrity.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:11 am 

You can still get a Kawhi Leonard with the 15th pick, or a Draymond/Jokic type in the 2nd round.

Bulls should do that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:
You can still get a Kawhi Leonard with the 15th pick, or a Draymond/Jokic type in the 2nd round.

Bulls should do that.

That already have Kawhi Leonard.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:04 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Bulls should do that.

Yep, definitely much easier to grab an MVP candidate in the middle of the first round than it is drafting in the top 5. Odds definitely favor that approach.

Same goes for finding the Draymond/Jokic all star type in the 2nd round.

You've got as much chance of finding another Kawhi Leonard in the middle of the 1st round as Don Tiny has of seeing his own penis in the shower without using a mirror.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:03 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Bulls should do that.

This is funny. Even if the Bulls tank and receive a top 3 pick what precludes them from "discovering" the vastly overrated Draemond Green in the 2nd? Theoretically they can still do both.

For every Kawhi Leonard there are 50 Acie Laws.

It looks great when you strike and the Bulls already did that with Butler. You are not going to challenge for anything by depending on mid to late first round picks.

Toronto has that sort of team and they can't get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs The Hawks tried to compete that type of team for years and struggled to get past the 2nd Round.

If you look at the Best teams you will see that they are littered with high draft picks. Doesn't matter how they were acquired.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:59 am 

They really need to get back to the tank asap. This little run has been fun, but there are some great players going to be at the top of this draft. Gotta have a top 5 pick.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:04 pm 

RFDC wrote:
They really need to get back to the tank asap. This little run has been fun, but there are some great players going to be at the top of this draft. Gotta have a top 5 pick.

Need to trade Lopez now and Mirotic as soon as he is eligible.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
conns7901 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They currently have the 9th pick but obviously that will continue to drop if they keep winning. Agree, trade Lopez asap. As to Niko, I'm just not going to unload him for a 2nd round pick. Got to get value for him. By unloading Lopez that will hurt them just enough so they start losing again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:11 pm 

Have Portis punch him again and hopefully this time he will be out until the start of next year. Then they can play nice again together with a top 5 pick along side.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:45 pm 

Looked at their January schedule and at first glance it looked tougher than it actually happens to be.

I wouldn't simply give Niko away either(what a difference a year makes) but i would place him on the block. I don't know if i go specifically for a draft pick. I'd go for a young player or two with talent who happens to be languishing on someone's bench. I'm beginning to appreciate Hoiberg's ability to develop young talent. They are doing an excellent job of developing guys. Maybe GarPax can pluck a couple of guys with talent that others have given up on like Dunn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:56 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Looked at their January schedule and at first glance it looked tougher than it actually happens to be.

I wouldn't simply give Niko away either(what a difference a year makes) but i would place him on the block. I don't know if i go specifically for a draft pick. I'd go for a young player or two with talent who happens to be languishing on someone's bench. I'm beginning to appreciate Hoiberg's ability to develop young talent. They are doing an excellent job of developing guys. Maybe GarPax can pluck a couple of guys with talent that others have given up on like Dunn.

I would agree with this strategy as an option for Niko. You know there are guys sitting who can play in this league. Not sure how sophisticated their pro scouting dept is (they did hire Doug Collins who knows talent) but they did acquire Nwaba who clearly can play. Who is to say what Niko becomes? If the switch has suddenly gone on with the guy then keep him, unless you get value back. The last thing they want to do is give him away for some bust out like Cam Payne and Niko continues to produce for a San Antonio for the next 6-8 years. Then that becomes a fireable offense in most organizations but who knows with Uncle fucking Jerry.

It will be very interesting to see what happens come deadline time in Feb. and how well they play prior to that.

Tough matchup against WASH tomorrow too...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:04 pm 

'77Cubs wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I would agree with this strategy as an option for Niko. You know there are guys sitting who can play in this league. Not sure how sophisticated their pro scouting dept is (they did hire Doug Collins who knows talent) but they did acquire Nwaba who clearly can play. Who is to say what Niko becomes? If the switch has suddenly gone on with the guy then keep him, unless you get value back. The last thing they want to do is give him away for some bust out like Cam Payne and Niko continues to produce for a San Antonio for the next 6-8 years. Then that becomes a fireable offense in most organizations but who knows with Uncle fucking Jerry.

It will be very interesting to see what happens come deadline time in Feb. and how well they play prior to that.

I read something the other where Mirotic stated that he went back and looked at film and realized that he had to have better shot selection. That along with the fact that he didn't garner much intetest while on the free agent market may have triggered something in him Portis punch will obvuously be linked but i don't know about that. It happened at the beginning of camp and we really don't know if he'd already made the adjustment.

Biggest issue for me was always his terrible shot selection.

If he has corrected that then the Bulls may actually have found something with him. I'd still deal him. Lauri Markannen has more upside and unless they believe they can play them together you have to deal Mirotic.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:12 pm 

long time guy wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I read something the other where Mirotic stated that he went back and looked at film and realized that he had to have better shot selection. That along with the fact that he didn't garner much intetest while on the free agent market may have triggered something in him Portis punch will obvuously be linked but i don't know about that. It happened at the beginning of camp and we really don't know if he'd already made the adjustment.

If he has corrected that then the Bulls may actually have found something with him. I'd still deal him. Lauri Markannen has more upside and unless they believe they can play them together you have to deal Mirotic.

It's dangerous to think "have to" deal him unless you are getting value back. Maybe he has become an Alpha and discovered his manhood and is ready to become a Top 30 player. I think he can play with Lauri. The guy they gotta move is Lopez. This makes them vulnerable inside which will equal losses plus he is never going to be much better than he already is and he is easily replaceable. I like the dude but he needs to go bye bye so they stop winning at anything more than a .400 clip. And for him I'd take a 2nd because again he is easily replaceable and they need to lose. And they should be able to find a young guy(s) wallowing on somebody's bench that they can give a shot to or a late 1st.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Mirotic is playing great and is 26. Do not trade. Hear me now believe me later.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
long time guy wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Bullshit Niko had to look at ojd films.....none of the coaching staff told him his selection ....just Mirotic and ltg bullshit I say

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:43 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Bullshit Niko had to look at ojd films.....none of the coaching staff told him his selection ....just Mirotic and ltg bullshit I say

Because the "perpetuallly shitty cynic poster" Says so!. Should anyone anywhere expect any less?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:58 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
'77Cubs wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Only a fool would believe the guy that prides himself on "not watching one second of bulls basketball". How would you know? You never watch the games remember. Just another dude with a completely baseless opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:02 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Bulls should do that.

This is funny. Even if the Bulls tank and receive a top 3 pick what precludes them from "discovering" the vastly overrated Draemond Green in the 2nd? Theoretically they can still do both.

For every Kawhi Leonard there are 50 Acie Laws.

It looks great when you strike and the Bulls already did that with Butler. You are not going to challenge for anything by depending on mid to late first round picks.

Toronto has that sort of team and they can't get out of the 2nd round of the playoffs The Hawks tried to compete that type of team for years and struggled to get past the 2nd Round.

If you look at the Best teams you will see that they are littered with high draft picks. Doesn't matter how they were acquired.

The Spurs don’t have any high draft picks and when they are healthy they are the 2nd best team in the league.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Poor shot selection =a missed shot

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:03 pm 

'77Cubs wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

They currently have the 9th pick but obviously that will continue to drop if they keep winning. Agree, trade Lopez asap. As to Niko, I'm just not going to unload him for a 2nd round pick. Got to get value for him. By unloading Lopez that will hurt them just enough so they start losing again.

If they released Lopez today the team would be better.

To rock my soul