It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kris Dunn
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:48 pm 

This kid is a player. The Bulls have already won the Butler trade and Lavine hasnt played yet. Kudos to GarPax. Let the record show that I (much like John Kerry) was for him before i was against him.

Post subject: Re: Kris Dunn
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:50 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I gotta admit, I thought this kid was a D league bum..he's much better than I thought.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:53 pm 

312player wrote:
I gotta admit, I thought this kid was a D league bum..he's much better than I thought.

He looks like a legit NBA starter. He was rated highly out of college but he never looked good last year. He looked like the best player during summer league however.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He’s playing well and could potentially be really good but let’s slow down on who won the trade. Butler’s having a great year and Minnesota is having their best season in over a decade.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:21 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
He’s playing well and could potentially be really good but let’s slow down on who won the trade. Butler’s having a great year and Minnesota is having their best season in over a decade.

Best season on over a decade is relative to what they have been for over a decade. They have been pretty garbage for over a decade.

The Bulls look to have netted 3 good players out of this deal.

3 guys 23 and younger at that.

GarPax won this trade.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Best season on over a decade is relative to what they have been for over a decade. They have been pretty garbage for over a decade.

Right. It was a three quarters for a dollar trade. Hopefully Dunn or Markkanen develop into an All Star like Butler.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Right. It was a three quarters for a dollar trade. Hopefully Dunn or Markkanen develop into an All Star like Butler.

Even if they don't it still wouldn't matter. They got younger and filled 3 positions.

This isn't a one for one deal and Butler demonstrated during the Boston series that he isn't that guy.

GarPax fleeced The great Thibs on this deal.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

GarPax won this trade.

Both teams are winning. The last thing the Wolves needed was another player they needed to wait a few years to develop.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:31 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

GarPax won this trade.

Both teams are winning. The last thing the Wolves needed was another player they needed to wait a few years to develop.

Yeah, this is another dumb thing ltg just wants to argue. The Timberwolves clearly do not regret the trade as of right now. The Bulls probably don’t either.

But yeah I like Dunn. He’s gotta get better at finding open shooters but he’s a game changer already on the defensive end.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

GarPax won this trade.

Yeah, this is another dumb thing ltg just wants to argue. The Timberwolves clearly do not regret the trade as of right now. The Bulls probably don’t either.

But yeah I like Dunn. He’s gotta get better at finding open shooters but he’s a game changer already on the defensive end.

Definitely a nice chip to have when you are playing for the future. He's gained confidence since the first month of the year.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:35 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

GarPax won this trade.

You will be doing your "master of the obvious" thing shortly. Minnesota was set up to be a very good team and Thibs blew it. Real Wolves fans know it also.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

GarPax won this trade.

You will be doing your "master of the obvious" thing shortly. Minnesota was set up to be a very good team and Thibs blew it. Real Wolves fans know it also.

By not keeping Dunn and a guy that won't play until January at the earliest and that you'll have to give $100M to in the offseason? They were going to miss the playoffs again. Want to give Thibs shit for an awful trade then talk about Rubio. Trading for Butler was a great move and you can see that in their record.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

The Wolves 2 young bulls are extremely talented but deeply flawed. In the end you'll probably have to trade one (Wiggins) because they don't seem like players built for winning.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:44 pm 

Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

GarPax won this trade.

By not keeping Dunn and a guy that won't play until January at the earliest and that you'll have to give $100M to in the offseason? They were going to miss the playoffs again. Want to give Thibs shit for an awful trade then talk about Rubio. Trading for Butler was a great move and you can see that in their record.

The moves that he made insured that they would make the playoffs. They aren't contenders. They won't be higher than 6th in the West. If he'd kept the team intact they would be serious contenders in the next year or so. Dunn was always the key to that trade.

He is a difference maker.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:03 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Count me as another Dunnderhead! #SimplyDunnderful#WellDunn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

He looks like a legit NBA starter. He was rated highly out of college but he never looked good last year. He looked like the best player during summer league however.

He looks pretty solid on D too, if Levine is 85% of the player he's been hyped as..the Bulls definitely won the Butler trade. Would have been nice to get Bell at center and have a nice little young core to build around.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:

The moves that he made insured that they would make the playoffs. They aren't contenders. They won't be higher than 6th in the West. If he'd kept the team intact they would be serious contenders in the next year or so. Dunn was always the key to that trade.

You thought Dunn was a horrible player and doubled down on that thought because it was Thibs who drafted him. Now you think Dunn is goat. Kiss my ass.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You thought Dunn was a horrible player and doubled down on that thought because it was Thibs who drafted him. Now you think Dunn is goat. Kiss my ass.

To be fair to LTG, he liked Dunn during the draft, then hated Dunn when Thibs drafted him, and now likes Dunn again because he isn't on a Thibs team.

LTG is consistent in his inconsistency.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:27 pm 

IMU wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

To be fair to LTG, he liked Dunn during the draft, then hated Dunn when Thibs drafted him, and now likes Dunn again because he isn't on a Thibs team.

:lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:29 pm 

IMU wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I liked him after they drafted him and said so during the summer league. He looked like shit once the season started but it is obvious that he was a victim of "Thibbing".

Vegan just can't acknowledge that he got better the second that he got away from his beloved Thibs. Couple that with the fact that it is under Hoiberg that he is playing better and it is simply too much for him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I liked him after they drafted him and said so during the summer league. He looked like shit once the season started but it is obvious that he was a victim of "Thibbing".

Vegan just can't acknowledge that he got better the second that he got away from his beloved Thibs. Couple that with the fact that it is under Hoiberg that he is playing better and it is simply too much for him.

So if he is a victim of Thibbing, where all rookies look suspect under Thibodeau, why did you call him a bust? Why didn't you stick to your guns?

Thibodeau doesn't play guys he doesn't trust. You can't trust rookies. Maybe Dunn was going to be Dunn all along. If you look at my own draft thoughts, you will see I also liked Dunn coming out. Except I didn't call him a bust during last season. Because I know.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:33 pm 

Joakim Noah - 4th place in MVP voting one year - victim of “Thibbing”

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:33 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

So if he is a victim of Thibbing, where all rookies look suspect under Thibodeau, why did you call him a bust? Why didn't you stick to your guns?

Well because maybe i had to wait til proven wrong that's why. Only a fool would continue to call a guy a bust that isn't a bust.

I actually tried to give the great Thibs the benefit of the doubt and this is the thanks i get. Never again. Oh never again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:34 pm 

Now that we've established you've flipped on Dunn, we can get into how Thibs groomed Rose, Butler, and Noah into MVP candidates. Fact. For all this FF-inspired, over the top love of the Bulls, Dunn is still the starting pg for the fourth worst team in the entire league.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:36 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Noah was about 4 years in at that point. He was Thibbing exempt at that point. Butler was a victim of Thibbing as well. He was magically cured.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:37 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Noah was about 4 years in at that point. He was Thibbing exempt at that point. Butler was a victim of Thibbing as well. He was magically cured.

You missed my point.

Thibs turned Noah into an All Star and made him an extra $50-60 million dollars in the process.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:38 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Now that we've established you've flipped on Dunn, we can get into how Thibs groomed Rose, Butler, and Noah into MVP candidates. Fact. For all this FF-inspired, over the top love of the Bulls, Dunn is still the starting pg for the fourth worst team in the entire league.

That team was the worst team in the league before he took over for Grant. #Facts

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:39 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

And Thibs coached a team with more talent yet a worse record than Sacramento last season. If you arent going to hold that against him then don't hold the Bulls record against Dunn.

You are making the same foolish claim against Dunn that you made against Kyrie. See where that has gotten you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You missed my point.

Thibs turned Noah into an All Star and made him an extra $50-60 million dollars in the process.

Thibbing is only relative to Rookies. Can't coach em