It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bulls have an option on his contract. Can keep him for another season if they wish.

You sure it’s an option? I thought it was just a regular two year contract.

Sure of it. The Bulls could cut him loose after the season if they wanted. It was a 2 year but they have an option after this year. Looks like it will definitely be exercised if he isn't dealt first.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
You also haven't heard anything about team dysfunction

Um...

Isolated incident. Definitely unrelated to Hoiberg. Actually seems to have unified the team if anything.

Checked out the Bulls monthly assist totals last season. Too much time on my hands I guess.

First 3 months (coincidentally the time when isoButler was the order of the day) 20 assists per month. Last 3 months (noticeably) the period when Rondo directed the offense they avg 25 assists per month. It is no accident that this trend is continuing now.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Bulls have an option on his contract. Can keep him for another season if they wish.

You sure it’s an option? I thought it was just a regular two year contract.

K.C. JohnsonK.C. JohnsonContact ReporterChicago Tribune

If the Bulls choose to trade Nikola Mirotic, his contract is easier and more attractive to move than the common perception.

It has been widely reported, including by the Tribune, that Mirotic would have to agree to a trade by virtue of the two-year deal with a team option he signed as a restricted free agent. That’s technically true — but only if the Bulls don’t pick up the second-year option before trading him.

If the Bulls exercise the team option first, Mirotic no longer has veto power and can be traded anywhere that a deal is found. Thus, the Bulls are in the strong position of negotiating with teams with both options.

They can dangle Mirotic as an expiring contract if that team doesn’t want the option exercised, although Mirotic would have to agree to be traded to that team in that case. Or they can shop him as a productive player on a manageable two-year, $27 million deal, with the Bulls picking up the option before the trade. In that case, that team also would get Bird rights on Mirotic when he becomes an unrestricted free agent in 2019.

Mirotic, who never has backed off his stance that he would agree to be traded, is eligible to be moved Jan. 15. General manager Gar Forman handles negotiations with agents, and this structure could prove beneficial.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
You also haven't heard anything about team dysfunction

Um...

Isolated incident. Definitely unrelated to Hoiberg. Actually seems to have unified the team if anything.

I don’t disagree. Just LOLed at that particular part.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
long time guy wrote:
Funny how the Bulls assist totals are up now that the ball stopping Jimmy Butler is gone. You also haven't heard anything about team dysfunction or guys undermining Hoiberg either.

Seems like a bunch of young guys eager to prove themselves and simply buying into the system. No talk of whose team it is either. Nice development.
I look at the stat lines of all these games and there are so few dbl. digits there that it l appears like we lost by 20, but we won the game by 10! Hoiberg is using his entire team and the hero bullshit is no more.

Can't blame JB...it was OK to play that way in the Thibs culture.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:37 pm 

Butler’s having another All Star season on a better team. I don’t know why people can’t enjoy this Bulls season without trying to shit on Butler in the process. We traded him. He didn’t ask to leave or leave on bad terms.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
Butler’s having another All Star season on a better team. I don’t know why people can’t enjoy this Bulls season without trying to shit on Butler in the process. We traded him. He didn’t ask to leave or leave on bad terms.
Can't agree about "All Star". I know he scored 39 last night but there's many nights when he's like 10-5-5. Hardly consistent.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

The Bulls are my concern and always have been. I believed the team would be better without him. Looks like thats the case. You think the rest of the East should fear the Bulls yet Minnesota (non contender) is a "better team".

If this thing works out I'm taking a much deserved victory lap. Nothing will move me off of that.

I still believe tanking is the better route long term however. This ensures Bulls will be mediocre for years to come.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:45 pm 

St. Louis Bull Man wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Can't agree about "All Star". I know he scored 39 last night but there's many nights when he's like 10-5-5. Hardly consistent.

He’s averaging 26.5/5.4/5.3 in December

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
Funny how the Bulls assist totals are up now that the ball stopping Jimmy Butler is gone. You also haven't heard anything about team dysfunction or guys undermining Hoiberg either.

Seems like a bunch of young guys eager to prove themselves and simply buying into the system. No talk of whose team it is either. Nice development.
I look at the stat lines of all these games and there are so few dbl. digits there that it l appears like we lost by 20, but we won the game by 10! Hoiberg is using his entire team and the hero bullshit is no more.

It was okay to play that way under Hoiberg too. The Bulls were the worst team in the league when Butler wasn't on the court last year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The Bulls are my concern and always have been. I believed the team would be better without him. Looks like thats the case. You think the rest of the East should fear the Bulls yet Minnesota (non contender) is a "better team".

If this thing works out I'm taking a much deserved victory lap. Nothing will move me off of that.

I still believe tanking is the better route long term however. This ensures Bulls will be mediocre for years to come.

Minnesota is better than the Bulls currently. That’s simply a statement of fact.

And I’m a fan of the Bulls. Not every comment I make about them is going to be objective. I didn’t think that had to be explained. Since you insist on sucking the fun out of this, no - I don’t think the Bulls are actually the 2nd best team in the East. Feel better?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:47 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

It was okay to play that way under Hoiberg too. The Bulls were the worst team in the league when Butler wasn't on the court last year.

Using this logic then they should be the worst team in the league this year too.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:51 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Minnesota is better than the Bulls currently. That’s simply a statement of fact.

And I’m a fan of the Bulls. Not every comment I make about them is going to be objective. I didn’t think that had to be explained. Since you insist on sucking the fun out of this, no - I don’t think the Bulls are actually the 2nd best team in the East. Feel better?

Its also interesting that you rather hypocritically use all star teams as a metric for success now. In about a week it won't mean shit again. He isn't a shoe in for the game either.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:51 pm 

long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Using this logic then they should be the worse team in the league this year also.

Using the logic that Butler was singlehandedly stifling Hoiball, the Bulls should have been as good as they currently look when he sat last year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:54 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Its also interesting that you rather hypocritically use all star teams as a metric for success now. In about a week it won't mean shit again. He isn't a shoe in for the game either.

It’s weird that you’re so obsessed with trying to find bad examples of hypocrisy.

I don’t think All Star selections mean much. It’s basically just a shorthand way of saying he’s having a great season. Relax.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:55 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Using this logic then they should be the worse team in the league this year also.

Using the logic that Butler was singlehandedly stifling Hoiball, the Bulls should have been as good as they currently look when he sat last year.

Bulls played better when the ball wasn't in his hands all the time. That was apparent last season too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:57 pm 

Guys who average 24-6-5 tend to have the ball in their hands a lot. This is not news. No coaching system in the world, even SA’s, is going to change that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It’s weird that you’re so obsessed with trying to find bad examples of hypocrisy.

I don’t think All Star selections mean much. It’s basically just a shorthand way of saying he’s having a great season. Relax.

There aren't good examples of it. I'm happy for Hoiberg more than anyone. Seems like a decent dude and a better coach than he ever got credit for. This team unlike the other two really seems to enjoy playing for him.

You don't hear Bullshit "either him or me" and guys aren't going out of their way to undermine him.

It's actually refreshing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Bulls played better when the ball wasn't in his hands all the time. That was apparent last season too.

Except they were the worst team in the league when the ball wasn't in his hands because he was sitting. That's in fact the opposite of playing better.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Guys who average 24-6-5 tend to have the ball in their hands a lot. This is not news. No coaching system in the world, even SA’s, is going to change that.

The Bulls offense has flowed much better since the ball was taken out of his hands. Dates back to last season too. 4th quarters are much better orchaestrated too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:02 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Except they were the worst team in the league when the ball wasn't in his hands because he was sitting. That's in fact the opposite of playing better.

I'd have to check that out. Why isn't this the case this year?

Shouldn't they be stinking the joint up?

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:03 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The Bulls offense has flowed much better since the ball was taken out of his hands. Dates back to last season too. 4th quarters are much better orchaestrated too.

The Bulls still have a ways to go to catch up to last year’s team. So far Minnesota is better with him and the Bulls are worse without him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:06 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The Bulls still have a ways to go to catch up to last year’s team. So far Minnesota is better with him and the Bulls are worse without him.

The waterloo in Minnesota is coming very soon. Minnesota is better but if he were the player i kept hearing about they would be much better. He'd have the sort of impact that Paul had in L.A.

There is talent in Minnesota. Saying they are better really isn't saying much either. They stunk last season

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:07 pm 

LTG - how exactly is your victory lap gonna work if I’m rooting for the Bulls and you are rooting for them to lose?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The waterloo in Minnesota is coming very soon. Minnesota is better but if he were the player i kept hearing about they would be better. He'd have the sort of impact that Paul had in L.A.

There is talent in Minnesota.

Chris Paul is an all time great player. Butler isn’t quite that good.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:10 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
LTG - how exactly is your victory lap gonna work if I’m rooting for the Bulls and you are rooting for them to lose?

On the Hoiberg front i win if they keep this up. I'm a little torn because i want a top 2 pick. If they keep this up the guy deserves his due. Its going to be difficult to argue that he is the incompetent boob that the majority on here believe him to be.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:11 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The waterloo in Minnesota is coming very soon. Minnesota is better but if he were the player i kept hearing about they would be better. He'd have the sort of impact that Paul had in L.A.

There is talent in Minnesota.

Chris Paul is an all time great player. Butler isn’t quite that good.

We are in agreement on that one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:12 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

On the Hoiberg front i win if they keep this up. I'm a little torn because i want a top 2 pick. If they keep this up the guy deserves his due. Its going to be difficult to argue that he is the incompetent boob that the majority on here believe him to be.

Right but I’m not gonna give a shit if the Bulls are winning. I’ll be happy. I will not be torn. I hope Hoiberg wins coach of the year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:25 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Right but I’m not gonna give a shit if the Bulls are winning. I’ll be happy. I will not be torn. I hope Hoiberg wins coach of the year.

He could turn out to be the greatest coach in history but it won't matter if they don't upgrade the talent. It is good to see them playing well though.

Shit I'm hoping that Lavine doesn't upset things once he starts playing. He was portrayed as a bit of a savior at first and i hope he doesn't take that literally. Just got rid of one guy that believed in that bullshit and don't need another.

Hopefully his return places Holiday on the bench.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:29 pm 

Lavine would have to be really bad to be worse than Holiday.

I think even you can admit that Hoiberg should’ve called off Holiday’s green light at this point. I’m not sure there’s a player in the league who takes worse shots with regularity.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next