It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 12/29: Pacers @ Bulls
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Time to look forward to the next big matchup. Another win over a winning East team and another step closer to the East playoff bracket would be huge.

They won ugly against NY tonight. I expect the buckets to flow in a faster paced game against Oladipo and the Pacers.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:59 pm 

Still think the Tank is the best route but what the hell. This team looks like they are better than anyone expected and Hoiberg looks like a legit NBA coach.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Yours truly will be hanging out in the 300 level at this game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
long time guy wrote:
Still think the Tank is the best route but what the hell. This team looks like they are better than anyone expected and Hoiberg looks like a legit NBA coach.

They're still 12-22 .... let's all pump the brakes a bit. It's been a fun run, but it's very obviously not sustainable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:48 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
long time guy wrote:

They're still 12-22 .... let's all pump the brakes a bit. It's been a fun run, but it's very obviously not sustainable.

The 9-2 run isn't sustainable but I think they are clearly better than people thought. Nobody expected Dunn to be playing this well so soon. Justin Holiday is arguably their worst rotation player and is about to be replaced in the lineup by a 19 ppg scorer who shot 38% from deep last year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:08 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The 9-2 run isn't sustainable but I think they are clearly better than people thought. Nobody expected Dunn to be playing this well so soon. Justin Holiday is arguably their worst rotation player and is about to be replaced in the lineup by a 19 ppg scorer who shot 38% from deep last year.

Them being better than people thought is an extremely low bar to pass.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Them being better than people thought is an extremely low bar to pass.
I don't know what the fuck THAT means, Don. For a team that even their fans said wins 17 games TOP, they're on the road to the playoffs.

If you are watching the games you would sere what Farve sees: they're a fast, athletic bunch with not a single "hero" to botch the game plan. They are goddam fun to watch, and isn't that WHY we watch?

Image Image

Well, Boys it took 2 weeks but my brand new PC is finally working tip-top! :D

PGDarren Collison
SGLance Stephenson
SFBojan Bogdanovic
PFThaddeus Young
CMyles Turner

PG Kris Dunn
SG Justin Holiday
SF Denzel Valentine
PF Lauri Markkanen
C Robin Lopez

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
long time guy wrote:

this is still a bad team...and LeVine is going to initially cause some adjustments to be made, plus Niko's going bye bye soon.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:56 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
long time guy wrote:

this is still a bad team...and LeVine is going to initially cause some adjustments to be made, plus Niko's going bye bye soon.

I don’t think they’ll have to adjust to Lavine much. He’s pretty much just gonna slide into Holiday’s role and maybe take an extra couple shots a game from that spot.

“Bad team” is relative. They’re gonna finish with 30+ wins.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I don’t think they’ll have to adjust to Lavine much. He’s pretty much just gonna slide into Holiday’s role and maybe take an extra couple shots a game from that spot.

If they go .500 the rest of the year that's 36 total wins. They really need to tank to get a top 5 guy. As much as I like the energy, the effort, etc. gotta trade Lopez for sure. As for Niko, I would not just give him away but if they keep him, that will continue to keep the team competitive, so hopefully they can get a mid to late 1st or even a future first...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
'77Cubs wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
long time guy wrote:

If they go .500 the rest of the year that's 36 total wins. They really need to tank to get a top 5 guy. As much as I like the energy, the effort, etc. gotta trade Lopez for sure. As for Niko, I would not just give him away but if they keep him, that will continue to keep the team competitive, so hopefully they can get a mid to late 1st or even a future first...
Where can I find one of those chrysal balls you guys are using to predict the future???? We could get the #1 pick and strike out or we could get the 24th and come out smelling like a rose. No guarantees here!

The thing is to that is to have whomever you end up with coming to an already good team! We GOT a good team! No fucking tanking! Look at Philly: Imbid AND Simmons and they ain't shit! And what's the rush on Lopez and Miro? Are we gonna get someone better than them if we trade? I don't think so! They're fine right where they are for now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:42 pm 

Just saw Oladipo is out with a knee injury.

If the Bulls can somehow contain Lance Stephenson this is a winnable game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Just saw Oladipo is out with a knee injury.

If the Bulls can somehow contain Lance Stephenson this is a winnable game.

Well fuck, Dunn is out too. We’re probably fucked now. Grant sucks.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Grant. Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:32 pm 

Nice start. It helps that Indiana doesn't play any defense. This is a sloppy game though

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
FavreFan wrote:
Nice start. It helps that Indiana doesn't play any defense. This is a sloppy game though

This is an ugly defensive game.

Nikola was one 3 away from looking to Funk and King and giving a shrug.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:45 pm 

Need to build this lead up to 20-25 and keep it that way. Bulls have been winning games and playing well but gotta take it to the next step. Gotta blowout depleted teams when you have them on the ropes at home.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:48 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Stacey - "Portis went down the middle like he was going down Michigan Avenue..."

It took him about 12 minutes to get from half-court to the hoop. He almost hit some dumbass guy from the crowd that was getting more nachos around the free-throw line. Ended up not being worth the effort.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Stacey - "Portis went down the middle like he was going down Michigan Avenue..."

It took him about 12 minutes to get from half-court to the hoop. He almost hit some dumbass guy from the crowd that was getting more nachos around the free-throw line. Ended up not being worth the effort.

Why do you hate Chicago?

This team is silly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:51 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

This team is silly.

You spelled good wrong.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:52 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

Why do you hate Chicago?

This team is silly.

Don't hate it. Makes you Chicago Tough.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:52 pm 

:lol: :lol:

Zipser just had the ugliest steal/dunk combo I've ever seen in my life. His eyes were hilarious when he realized he was about to get a steal.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:56 pm 

Bulls on pace to score about 140 points.

I feel like I should be watching this game on tape-delay on CBS at 10:30pm.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:07 pm 

Tonight's halftime show is three kids who ... I don't know it's some contest .... anyway, the first was a balck kid who sang 'ABC' by the Jackson 5 ... right now there's a white kid playing an electric guitar and trying to do 'Kiss' .... now it's a 14 year old balck girl who is going to sing 'The Greatest Love of All' ... she's probably the best of the three, but I'd still throw all three into Lake Michigan and try to forget this ever happened.

She won ... apparently she won the chance to come back in April for some 'finale' to this .... whatever it was.

Last edited by Don Tiny on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:07 pm 

Bulls on pace to score about 140 points.

I feel like I should be watching this game on tape-delay on CBS at 10:30pm.

With Dick Stockton.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:09 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Tonight's halftime show is three kids who ... I don't know it's some contest .... anyway, the first was a balck kid who sang 'ABC' by the Jackson 5 ... right now there's a white kid playing an electric guitar and trying to do 'Kiss' .... now it's a 14 year old balck girl who is going to sing 'The Greatest Love of All' ... she's probably the best of the three, but I'd still throw all three into Lake Michigan and try to forget this ever happened.

Who is this goof emceeing this event?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:10 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Who is this goof emceeing this event?

Couldn't say .... all of these arenas seem to have really awkward emcees/hype guys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:14 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:

She won ... apparently she won the chance to come back in April for some 'finale' to this .... whatever it was.

I'd like the update in April.

Keep us posted.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:18 pm 

Lopez should not be allowed to touch the ball.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:19 pm 

I'm really hoping that New age Hoiball doesn't get re-exposed like it looks they might tonight.

Ugh.