It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mirotic trade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
My guy just told me this still probably gets done.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Bulls holding out to get Rondo back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:41 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
ruh roh
@wojespn
New Orleans and Chicago had a deal for Nikola Mirotic, but it's fallen apart for now, league sources tell ESPN

Someone cancel that call to K.C. Johnson.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:42 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
My guy just told me this still probably gets done.

Deal is imminent.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
ruh roh
@wojespn
New Orleans and Chicago had a deal for Nikola Mirotic, but it's fallen apart for now, league sources tell ESPN

Shit.
The Pelicans pulled out of the deal per THE JUMP. Makes sense. They were ready 'till Cousins went down. Now it's tankville!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
ruh roh
@wojespn

Shit.

No. This deal better not happen. Getting a late first round pick for one of the worst contracts in the NBA would be a fucking nightmare.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:58 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
ruh roh
@wojespn

Shit.

No. This deal better not happen. Getting a late first round pick for one of the worst contracts in the NBA would be a fucking nightmare.

Agreed. That trade just doesn't make sense to me. They might as well just keep Mirotic if that is the best deal available.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:02 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
ruh roh
@wojespn

Shit.

Asik's deal is hardly one of the worst contracts in the NBA. The last year, only 2-3 million in guaranteed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:03 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
ruh roh
@wojespn

Shit.

Agreed. That trade just doesn't make sense to me. They might as well just keep Mirotic if that is the best deal available.

His value is depreciated because everyone knows he wants out. If the pick is top half of the first round then I'd do it even it means taking on Asik's contract.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:04 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
ruh roh
@wojespn

Shit.

Yup. It’s outrageous GarPax doesn’t understand this.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:07 pm 

It was actually really good return for Niko. Especially considering that Pelicans pick could have fell into the 10-15 range assuming they are going to stumble without Boogie. Also Davis is due for his annual injuries soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:08 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
ruh roh
@wojespn

Shit.

But just a few weeks ago

Douchebag wrote:
The Bulls are not getting a first round pick for Mirotic. Nobody trades first round picks anymore (especially mid-season), unless some superstar is being shopped around.

:?:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I'm pretty indifferent about whether or not the deal got done, but I don't think it was close to as bad as some are suggesting. I think treating Asik as the worst contract in the league is overblown because the Bulls could get rid of him for $3 million in 2019. The pick would have likely improved also and was unprotected.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:09 pm 

Meh, the Pels aren't a playoff lock or anything (although LAC trading Blake helps them). The money is meaningless since the Bulls won't be relevant until Asik's contract is up and they already have plenty of cap space that they can use to allow players to get leverage to sign with other teams and not the Bulls. It's a lottery ticket at a chance at a lottery ticket, which is about what Mirotic is worth. Knowing the Bulls though they'll announce the Pels are getting our #1 pick for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:12 pm 

It's hilarious FavreFan runs a big mouth here like he is the NBA Savant, but he didn't even know Asik had a 3 million buyout in the last year before his over the top emotional reaction. OMG GARPAX SCREWED THE POOCH DUMBASSES

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:15 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
It's hilarious FavreFan runs a big mouth here like he is the NBA Savant, but he didn't even know Asik had a 3 million buyout in the last year before his over the top emotional reaction. OMG GARPAX SCREWED THE POOCH DUMBASSES

I did know. It’s still a horrendous contract.

You, on the other hand, didn’t seem to realize the pick in question was top 14 protected.

You don’t like the nba and have shown countless times that you don’t know shit about it. Just stop trying. Go shit up some other section.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:16 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
I'm pretty indifferent about whether or not the deal got done, but I don't think it was close to as bad as some are suggesting. I think treating Asik as the worst contract in the league is overblown because the Bulls could get rid of him for $3 million in 2019. The pick would have likely improved also and was unprotected.

Everyone was reporting the pick as top 14 protected.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:17 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I did know. It’s still a horrendous contract.

You, on the other hand, didn’t seem to realize the pick in question was top 14 protected.

You don’t like the nba and have shown countless times that you don’t know shit about it. Just stop trying. Go shit up some other section.

1. Who was reporting the pick was top 14 protected?

2. The Asik deal is bad, but no way one of the worst contracts in the NBA.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:20 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Ah I just read the initial reaction to Goodwill and people were treating it as unprotected.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:24 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:

Ah I just read the initial reaction to Goodwill and people were treating it as unprotected.

I still haven't seen anywhere the pick reported as top 14 protected. Not KC or Woj reported anything on possible protections.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:26 pm 

If anything this just reinforces how dumb it was to give Mirotic the no-trade clause, cause he didn't want to leave unless he was guaranteed his $12.5 million next year. Pretty hilarious that Mirotic of all people can shoot down a trade right after Blake got sent to Detroit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:31 pm 

I don't think they gave him a no trade, that's just a quirk in contracts.

Quote:
When the player is playing under a one-year contract (excluding any option year) and will have Larry Bird or Early Bird rights at the end of the season. This includes first round draft picks following their fourth (option) season, who accept their team's qualifying offer for their fifth season. When the player consents to such a trade, his Larry Bird/Early Bird rights are not traded with him, and instead becomes a Non-Bird free agent3. The player's consent is also required for any subsequent trades that season.

For one year after exercising the right of first refusal to keep a restricted free agent. The player must consent to a trade to any team, although he cannot be traded to the team that signed him to the offer sheet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:33 pm 

Blakes and Mirotics deals were signed under different CBA agreeements.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:37 pm 

I know it was technically a quirk on the contract but it still calls into question re-signing him in the first place and what a great tradeable asset and bargain contract the Bulls were getting when it was pretty easy to predict Mirotic acting this way. Everyone acts like he only had to go because of the Portis fight, but there was still going to be a logjam at the 4 going into this season anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:41 pm 

Guessing they thought whoever they traded him to would be cool with the $12.5 million he was due in the option. MANY are saying the Pels are making a mistake by not taking that on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
12.5 is peanuts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:09 pm 

If GarPax can find someone to take on Felicio's contract then you package that along with Mirotic and probably take less than what the market for Mirotic would ordinarily happen to be. They have to find a way to unload that contract.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Please, someone help me understand what it is about this situation that involves Mirotic's consent. Is it that he was a 1st round pick who accepted his team's qualifying offer in the last year of his rookie deal? Or is it that he is in the final year of a deal (excluding options) after which Bird Rights will attach, and as such he must consent to any trade in this season because his BRs won't go with him?

Is it also true that if the bulls exercise the option now they can trade him normally? Damn this CBA can get confusing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Please, someone help me understand what it is about this situation that involves Mirotic's consent. Is it that he was a 1st round pick who accepted his team's qualifying offer in the last year of his rookie deal? Or is it that he is in the final year of a deal (excluding options) after which Bird Rights will attach, and as such he must consent to any trade in this season because his BRs won't go with him?

Is it also true that if the bulls exercise the option now they can trade him normally? Damn this CBA can get confusing.

Didn't he sign a 2-year deal over the summer when he was a restricted FA? I think that is his situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:31 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Not shocking that Garpax couldn’t consummate the deal. They have been getting fucked for years with no money shot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next