It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Big Three
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:26 pm 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Look at the thread RFDC bumped. Most of us disliked the pick. Most of us were wrong.

Changing your opinion when presented with new and additional data that conflicts with your previous opinion is part of being an adult, not having a menstrual cycle.

You were getting better as a poster. Don’t go back to the psychotic 12 year old routine. A few posters have already called that out as tiring.

I am more than willing to give FF crap, but he should change his opinion when he was wrong. He would be deserving of a ton of crap if he dug in on his belief that Markk was a bad player.

Nothing wrong with that. Caller Bob is also correct in calling him on it though. I'm wondering where the angst is in simply pointing out an inconsistent viewpoint.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:29 pm 

long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Look at the thread RFDC bumped. Most of us disliked the pick. Most of us were wrong.

Changing your opinion when presented with new and additional data that conflicts with your previous opinion is part of being an adult, not having a menstrual cycle.

You were getting better as a poster. Don’t go back to the psychotic 12 year old routine. A few posters have already called that out as tiring.

I am more than willing to give FF crap, but he should change his opinion when he was wrong. He would be deserving of a ton of crap if he dug in on his belief that Markk was a bad player.

Nothing wrong with that. Caller Bob is also correct in calling him on it though. I'm wondering where the angst is in simply pointing out an inconsistent viewpoint.

I also don't recall the " I was wrong"concession speech either. There was a quadrupling down on it until it actually became obvious that the kid can play.

If it occurred I didn't notice it. There was a simple pivot which seemed to be sufficient.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:31 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=109421

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:36 pm 

RFDC wrote:
http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=109421

Thanks and CB isn't wrong for calling him on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:37 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
RFDC wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=107112&start=60
FavreFan wrote:
I have no doubt Markkanen will have an instant impact. It won't be a positive one though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
It's Attention-Whoring(FavreFan's flip flop bits). That's all it is. I wish he would just admit it. Everyone says stupid shit and has to backtrack, but he's the only one that enjoys the grandstanding process.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:43 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
It's Attention-Whoring(FavreFan's flip flop bits). That's all it is. I wish he would just admit it. Everyone says stupid shit and has to backtrack, but he's the only one that enjoys the grandstanding process.

I like both of you guys, but I find it really funny to hear you call out someone else for attention whoring. It seems you enjoy attention as well :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
So if Caller Bob and LTG can stop obsessing over me now, we can get this thread back on track.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Rondo Brow and Boogie 23-20 very comparable to Da Bulls :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Is that an “I was wrong” thanks or a “simple pivot” thanks?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:15 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Is that an “I was wrong” thanks or a “simple pivot” thanks?

As i remember Caveat.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
LTG, stop being petty as hell for just one thread. You claim to be a Bulls fan. We’re on the same page here. We want these guys to be great. Stop being such a dick all the time.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 am 

FavreFan wrote:
LTG, stop being petty as hell for just one thread. You claim to be a Bulls fan. We’re on the same page here. We want these guys to be great. Stop being such a dick all the time.

From GarPax , Hoiberg, Lopez, Markannen to this trade its safe to say that i have defended the Bulls much more often than you.

Your original thoughts on Markannen and this trade in general have to be fair game if credibility is to be maintained. There is no nobility in flip flopping only when the obvious occurs. You continued bashing even when it was apparent Markannen wasn't a stiff.

As far as Bulls fandom goes i must have missed all of your sterling defenses of the team over the past 2 years.

I've been on board with the Bull even when it wasn't sexy (this trade but the latest example of that)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

From GarPax , Hoiberg, Lopez, Markannen to this trade its safe to say that i have defended the Bulls much more often than you.

Your original thoughts on Markannen and this trade in general have to be fair game if credibility is to be maintained. There is no nobility in flip flopping only when the obvious occurs. )

Actually, there is nobility in admitting a mistake and correcting your opinion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Your original thoughts on Markannen and this trade in general have to be fair game if credibility is to be maintained. There is no nobility in flip flopping only when the obvious occurs. )

You really aren’t allowed to on this board though. Always someone ready to play gotcha.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So I've heard .... though it's not like you or I will ever know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:17 am 

pittmike wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You really aren’t allowed to on this board though. Always someone ready to play gotcha.

Isn't that sort of what the essence of the joint happens to be? The personnel has to be considered also. "Assanine thoughts" and "Terrible thoughts" are the order of the day. After voicing such strong opinions shouldn't said person also be called on the things that he writes too?

It really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
long time guy wrote:
pittmike wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Isn't that sort of what the essence of the joint happens to be? The personnel has to be considered also. "Assanine thoughts" and "Terrible thoughts" are the order of the day. After voicing such strong opinions shouldn't said person also be called on the things that he writes too?

Sure.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:45 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So I've heard .... though it's not like you or I will ever know.

purely peasant blood running through these veins