It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Big Three
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Whatever else you may think of them, GarPax objectively did an excellent job of rebuilding in a very short amount of time. The Bulls best three players - Dunn, Lavine, and Markkanen - all have superstar potential. We have our big three, like all good teams do. Build around them and this team is a contender as soon as next season.

To rock my soul

Post subject: Re: The Big Three
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
is this your new bit ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:51 pm 

Bagels wrote:
is this your new bit ?

Bit? No. Dunn and Markkanen look like they are going to be great, and the early returns on Lavine are promising and he should fit in well here. These guys are going to kick ass next season. Hopefully they finish this year strong.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:
Whatever else you may think of them, GarPax objectively did an excellent job of rebuilding in a very short amount of time. The Bulls best three players - Dunn, Lavine, and Markkanen - all have superstar potential. We have our big three, like all good teams do. Build around them and this team is a contender as soon as next season.

A few months ago you hated the Lauri pick. Now you love it. I think the entire message board is sick of your menstrual cycle of sports opinions. Pick a fucking lane.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm 

Look at the thread RFDC bumped. Most of us disliked the pick. Most of us were wrong.

Changing your opinion when presented with new and additional data that conflicts with your previous opinion is part of being an adult, not having a menstrual cycle.

You were getting better as a poster. Don’t go back to the psychotic 12 year old routine. A few posters have already called that out as tiring.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Bagels wrote:
is this your new bit ?

He forgot to log in as St. Louis Bull Man.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
#FathaFavreFan

Interesting take for a mult.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:00 pm 

So we got Bagels, spmack, and Beni so far on the list of posters who will be wrong on the big three.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Look at the thread RFDC bumped. Most of us disliked the pick. Most of us were wrong.

Changing your opinion when presented with new and additional data that conflicts with your previous opinion is part of being an adult, not having a menstrual cycle.

You were getting better as a poster. Don’t go back to the psychotic 12 year old routine. A few posters have already called that out as tiring.

Caller Bob is absolutely correct. This is a bad look. Lauri AKA Short for Dirk was Compared to Bargnani and other bums when he was drafted and now you are leading the charge to place him in the Hall of Fame. I also remember you doing a similar thing with Mr. Buckets before his breakout year.

You're all over the place. I'm all for saying the guy can play because it is obvious he can play. I actually wasn't in the consensus pool and stated that I believed he'd be good from watching him during the Summer league. As I remember you blasted that observation in typical dismissive fashion.

Master of the obvious observations really aren't much in the way of observations at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
FavreFan wrote:
So we got Bagels, spmack, and Beni so far on the list of posters who will be wrong on the big three.

beni's post represents an interesting take on the new look FavreFan acting as voice of posting reason @ CallerBob, #FathaFavreFan.

Verdict is still out on your big three. Levine...need a larger sample size. The other two can stick and be very important pieces of a good team, but are not the transcendental talent required to take Bulls to promised land.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:07 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Caller Bob is absolutely correct. This is a bad look. Lauri AKA Short for Dirk was Compared to Bargnani and other bums when he was drafted and now you are leading the charge to place him in the Hall of Fame. I also remember you doing a similar thing with Mr. Buckets before his breakout year.

You're all over the place. I'm all for saying the guy can play because it is obvious he can play. I actually wasn't in the consensus pool and stated that I believed he'd be good from watching him during the Summer league. As I remember you blasted that observation in typical dismissive fashion.

Master of the obvious observations really aren't much in the way of observations at all.

:lol:

I'm glad you stopped hiding from IMU long enough to make this post.

Like I said, changing an opinion isn't really a big deal, and it's not hypocritical. It's just being honest and being an adult. I realize you struggle with this because you're stubborn.

And I had to laugh at the bolded part. How is that an insult? "You predicted Butler would be a star before he became one! Dumbass!" :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
spmack wrote:
Bagels wrote:
is this your new bit ?

I grant nothing to Gar other than my eternal disdain. Clearly the worst sports exec in this town, and that includes "the McClaskey family".

I will entertain the idea of the other two possibly on-purpose making this apparent, albeit soon-to-be-aborted, resurgence happen, rather than stumbling on to it purely by chance which is still the theory I subscribe to at present.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:09 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
spmack wrote:
Bagels wrote:
is this your new bit ?

I grant nothing to Gar other than my eternal disdain. Clearly the worst sports exec in this town, and that includes "the McClaskey family".

I will entertain the idea of the other two possibly on-purpose making this apparent, albeit soon-to-be-aborted, resurgence happen, rather than stumbling on to it purely by chance which is still the theory I subscribe to at present.

Why's that? I don't see any of these three going anywhere for years, and they are absolutely good enough to build a contending playoff team around. Obviously they are going to have to add more and I'm still pretty sure Hoiberg isn't the right coach, but the foundation is there now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Like I said, changing an opinion isn't really a big deal, and it's not hypocritical. It's just being honest and being an adult. I realize you struggle with this because you're stubborn.

And I had to laugh at the bolded part. How is that an insult? "You predicted Butler would be a star before he became one! Dumbass!" :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The pivot is designed to keep people from remembering that you ever made such an "Assanine Thought" known.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:14 pm 

long time guy wrote:

In some instances you change opinions. In many instances you simply don't.

Um.. yes. I think this describes everyone though so I'm ok here.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:

The pivot is designed to keep people from remembering that you ever made such an "Assanine Thought" known.

Nice edit, but no, wrong again. I don't care if people remember that I thought Markkanen would suck. Most opinionated people on here are going to be right and wrong pretty often. Some of us don't run away from the board because of it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
It's be ridiculous to carry over a negative opinion of Markkanen from draft day all the way until know just for the sake of being consistent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:29 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Nice edit, but no, wrong again. I don't care if people remember that I thought Markkanen would suck. Most opinionated people on here are going to be right and wrong pretty often. Some of us don't run away from the board because of it.

Running away from the board is a choice. Any person is entitled to make it. Any person that deems that this isn't the place for them has a right to bounce if they decide to do so .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 pm 

America wrote:
It's be ridiculous to carry over a negative opinion of Markkanen from draft day all the way until know just for the sake of being consistent.

He is upset that Caller Bob called him on it. That is where the rub lay.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
spmack wrote:
Bagels wrote:
is this your new bit ?

Why's that? I don't see any of these three going anywhere for years, and they are absolutely good enough to build a contending playoff team around. Obviously they are going to have to add more and I'm still pretty sure Hoiberg isn't the right coach, but the foundation is there now.

I thought you were putting Gar & Pax & Jerry over as the big three for masterminding this cacophony of a team.

I like all three players (particularly Lauri, like any sensible person does) and would be plenty happy if they stayed (with the given caveat of 'what could we get in return for' whomever) - but not a one of them will be responsible for a championship on their own ... on a given night any of them could be somewhere between Pip and Tony, but none of them are Michael (all relatively speaking, of course).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:34 pm 

long time guy wrote:
America wrote:

He is upset that Caller Bob called him on it. That is where the rub lay.

Not upset. Just saying the same thing America did.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:37 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
I thought you were putting Gar & Pax & Jerry over as the big three for masterminding this cacophony of a team.

I like all three players (particularly Lauri, like any sensible person does) and would be plenty happy if they stayed (with the given caveat of 'what could we get in return for' whomever) - but not a one of them will be responsible for a championship on their own ... on a given night any of them could be somewhere between Pip and Tony, but none of them are Michael (all relatively speaking, of course).

Oh. I can see why you would think this is a bit then. Nah, fuck all three of them. I think the trade was more like a happy accident, but either way it has worked out incredibly well.

I think you're selling the three a little short. Markkanen's potential is ridiculously high.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
FavreFan thinks Lauri Markannen is the next Dirk Nowitzki and Austin Rivers is the next Steph Curry.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:59 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
FavreFan wrote:

I will tell you all this. I was never wrong about our most recent first rounder. I allow FF back in the club.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Always liked Lauri too. Didn’t Bulls want someone else though?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:07 pm 

IMU wrote:
FavreFan thinks Lauri Markannen is the next Dirk Nowitzki and Austin Rivers is the next Steph Curry.

I don’t think Lauri will end up that good but he has shown that type of potential.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:15 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Oh. I can see why you would think this is a bit then. Nah, fuck all three of them. I think the trade was more like a happy accident, but either way it has worked out incredibly well.

I think you're selling the three a little short. Markkanen's potential is ridiculously high.

I probably wouldn't vehemently argue that it's not.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:20 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

I am more than willing to give FF crap, but he should change his opinion when he was wrong. He would be deserving of a ton of crap if he dug in on his belief that Markk was a bad player.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I am more than willing to give FF crap, but he should change his opinion when he was wrong. He would be deserving of a ton of crap if he dug in on his belief that Markk was a bad player.

Maybe FF can start a thread where he admits again he is wrong but still think he spells his name dumb?

-Ronald Reagan