It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Embrace the Tank
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Not only will Lopez and Holiday not play tonight, they won't even dress.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I don't think this tanking thing is going to go as planned.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Peoria Matt wrote:

Bobby Portis is too damn good!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:09 pm 

No bueno for the tank.

@ShamsCharania: The NBA issued a warning to the Chicago Bulls this week on resting healthy players, and the team now plans to play veteran starters Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday again more extensively to close the season

@KCJHoop: Bulls indeed had dialogue with league office over Lopez, Holiday, who both are on record as opting not to play reserve roles for now. Cooperative talks led to plans for limited roles for Lopez, Holiday down stretch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Ron Wolfley wrote:
No bueno for the tank.

@ShamsCharania: The NBA issued a warning to the Chicago Bulls this week on resting healthy players, and the team now plans to play veteran starters Robin Lopez and Justin Holiday again more extensively to close the season

@KCJHoop: Bulls indeed had dialogue with league office over Lopez, Holiday, who both are on record as opting not to play reserve roles for now. Cooperative talks led to plans for limited roles for Lopez, Holiday down stretch

Yeah, it's pretty phony when they talk about needing to see "development" out of their young guys (not the future core but fringe guys), and at the same time are signing bums to 10-day contracts and playing them over healthy veterans.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:43 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
No bueno for the tank.

Yeah, it's pretty phony when they talk about needing to see "development" out of their young guys (not the future core but fringe guys), and at the same time are signing bums to 10-day contracts and playing them over healthy veterans.

That is why they should have dealt them. In Holiday's case do a buyout. Don't think he is making much. Keeping them and not playing them makes it hard to convince anyone that they aren't tanking.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
FavreFan wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Bobby Portis is too damn good!

wrong

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:31 pm 

Tyreke Evans was paid a good amount of money for that foul at the end. Jesus Christ. It was like a movie script on how to tank.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Tyreke Evans was paid a good amount of money for that foul at the end. Jesus Christ. It was like a movie script on how to tank.

Nothing will ever outdo the Mark Madsen Tank Game.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
:lol: :lol: :lol: Fred trotted out a disgraceful Payne-Blakeney-Zipser-Felicio-Vonleh lineup for the majority of the fourth quarter and still couldn't lose. Can't wait to see who the Bulls land with the 9th pick!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
ZephMarshack wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Fred trotted out a disgraceful Payne-Blakeney-Zipser-Felicio-Vonleh lineup for the majority of the fourth quarter and still couldn't lose. Can't wait to see who the Bulls land with the 9th pick!

Yep. The Knicks free fall will continue and time is running out. Barring ping pong ball luck, they will draft 9.

SMH.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:50 pm 

Alright - this is more like it!!!

K.C. Johnson
‏Verified account @KCJHoop
9m9 minutes ago

Bulls flew to NY. LaVine, Dunn and Markkanen didn’t. Vonleh did but is questionable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:34 pm 

Hoping for the Tank Trifecta tonight. Bulls loss coupled with wins by Sac. and Brooklyn. Bulls have no shot of having anything less than the 3rd worst record. If they get in that top 5 that will be cool however.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:40 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Hoping for the Tank Trifecta tonight. Bulls loss coupled with wins by Sac. and Brooklyn. Bulls have no shot of having anything less than the 3rd worst record. If they get in that top 5 that will be cool however.

Two out of three so far

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:21 pm 

Had to look up draft order tie breaking procedures because that’s what may happen with the Bulls and at least one other team. NBA did it last year. They do it through “random drawings.” 5 teams had identical records last season.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:21 pm 

With roughly 12-13 games to go, I’m eliminating the Suns (19), Grizzlies (19), and Hawks (20). No way those teams catch up to this 24 win Bulls team.

There’s a slim chance the Magic catch up. 21 wins currently. They have 12 games to go, opponents including the Suns, Hawks, and Bulls. Ideally, they win those 3 to put them at 24 wins.

The Mavericks sit at 22 wins. 12 games remaining. Hopefully they can pull off a win against the Pelicans tonight (win-win for the Bulls), and also the Magic, Suns, and Kings. That would put them at 25 wins, maybe 26.

Kings are at 23. 10 games to play. Hawks, Suns, and Grizzlies, are winnable games. Puts them at 26.

Brooklyn is at 23 as well. They must get a win against the Magic on the 28th. The tricky part — win back to back against the Bulls on the 7th and 9th. Would put them at 26 wins.

Right now:

Bulls 24
Nets 23
Kings 23
Mavs 22
Magic 21

The Bulls have to essentially lose their last 12 games. Not easy. But easier if this Dunn and one or both of Lauri/LaVine sit out. 3 of the 12 games are against Orlando and 2 against Brooklyn. If all the above is accomplished, the Bulls would have the 4th or 5th best chances in the lottery, depending on what Orlando does and a potential coin flip.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:10 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
With roughly 12-13 games to go, I’m eliminating the Suns (19), Grizzlies (19), and Hawks (20). No way those teams catch up to this 24 win Bulls team.

There’s a slim chance the Magic catch up. 21 wins currently. They have 12 games to go, opponents including the Suns, Hawks, and Bulls. Ideally, they win those 3 to put them at 24 wins.

The Mavericks sit at 22 wins. 12 games remaining. Hopefully they can pull off a win against the Pelicans tonight (win-win for the Bulls), and also the Magic, Suns, and Kings. That would put them at 25 wins, maybe 26.

Kings are at 23. 10 games to play. Hawks, Suns, and Grizzlies, are winnable games. Puts them at 26.

Brooklyn is at 23 as well. They must get a win against the Magic on the 28th. The tricky part — win back to back against the Bulls on the 7th and 9th. Would put them at 26 wins.

Right now:

Bulls 24
Nets 23
Kings 23
Mavs 22
Magic 21

The Bulls have to essentially lose their last 12 games. Not easy. But easier if this Dunn and one or both of Lauri/LaVine sit out. 3 of the 12 games are against Orlando and 2 against Brooklyn. If all the above is accomplished, the Bulls would have the 4th or 5th best chances in the lottery, depending on what Orlando does and a potential coin flip.

Of the teams on their I hve the Nets and Magic to pass them. That Magic schedule is awfully weak. They have a number of tanking teams on their schedule. I haven't checked Dallas's schedule but the Nets have the Bulls twice. Bulls just need to lose both games obviously. The Nets have no incentive to tank as they've already traded their first round pick away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:12 pm 

Brooklyn won their 24th game tonight, which along with Sacramento, ties the Bulls win total. All three teams currently have an equal shot at having the 6th best odds at the #1 pick.

Sacramento has games against the Grizzlies and Suns.

Dallas is at 23 wins. They play the Lakers tonight, and have remaining games against the Magic, Suns, and the imploding Timberwolves.

Magic are at 22. Remaining games against the Knicks, Bulls, and Hawks.

The Bulls must lose their final 8 games. Call me crazy but I think this is possible. The Magic game is huge and as LTG pointed out — the back-to-back versus Brooklyn. If everything goes the Bulls way, they have the 4th best odds at that #1 pick (11.9%). And because the NBA randomly draws the top 3 picks — Bulls would have a 12.6% chance at #2 and 13.3% at #3. The Hornets were the last team with the 4th best lottery odds to land the #1 pick and wound up with Anthony Davis. Also, very common for at least one team in every draft to sneak in/move up to the top 3.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:22 pm 

Big game tonight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:37 pm 

They need to try and suck more.

Playing too well so far

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:44 pm 

RFDC wrote:
They need to try and suck more.

Playing too well so far

Yeah the Bulls have some decent pieces for the future. Payne looks like an NBA player and I like Vonleh. They actually have a few rotation types to come off the bench. They need 1-2 solid starters and they will be a playoff team next season.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:48 pm 

Watching the Cub but I'm sure the Bulls will blow it and win tonight.

:-|

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:51 pm 

'77Cubs wrote:
Watching the Cub but I'm sure the Bulls will blow it and win tonight.

:-|

Yeah either management is too stupid to tank or the players are simply too good.

They have a solid chance to have the fourth worse record if they work it right.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 pm 

Now this is more like it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:36 pm 

60-44 Bulls lead turns into 61-59. We can do this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:21 pm 

A totally predictable win.

Idiots.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:42 pm 

Dallas was a 23 win team entering tonight and loss by 1 point versus the Timberwolves. Maybe this 6th/7th/8th position was meant to be. We need 2008 lottery luck. Draft Lottery is in Chicago. A few coin flips/random drawings if you’re hoping for the 6th or 5th best odds, maybe you get lucky landing in the Top 3. It’s happen many times before. Marvin Bagley is the best player in this draft. I hope he goes home to the Suns or the Bulls if we’re extremely lucky.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
This 3 game win streak could go down as one of the worst 3 game stretches in the history of the bulls

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:14 am 

I’ve said this before in the thread. It would be terrible, absolutely awful, if Brooklyn ends up with better lottery odds than the Bulls. They’d have a better chance at jumping into the top 3. Whether or not LeBron leaves, you don’t want to see Cleveland (who’s beaten up on the Bulls for forever) fall into the top 3 and draft a franchise difference maker while the Bulls end up with Wendell Carter.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:06 pm 

Bulls sitting 8th right now with 27 wins. They play Brooklyn (26 wins) tonight and again Monday. Bulls must lose both games as well as their last game against Detroit on Wednesday. That would put them 7th.

The Kings have 26 wins currently and have two games left against the Spurs and Rockets. Gotta think Houston sits everybody their last game. If the Kings can pull it off, that would mean the Bulls and Kings would have a coin flip/random drawing for the 6th best lottery odds. Not terrible.