It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Embrace the Tank
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:12 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Bulls sitting 8th right now with 27 wins. They play Brooklyn (26 wins) tonight and again Monday. Bulls must lose both games as well as their last game against Detroit on Wednesday. That would put them 7th.

The Kings have 26 wins currently and have two games left against the Spurs and Rockets. Gotta think Houston sits everybody their last game. If the Kings can pull it off, that would mean the Bulls and Kings would have a coin flip/random drawing for the 6th best lottery odds. Not terrible.

Yeah I was hoping to slip into the top 5 if possible. Of the guys initially that would be in that 5-7 range I was hoping for Jaren Jackson Jr. Seems like he is moving up on the boards however. Porter Jr. seems to be slipping. Would you take a chance on him at 6-7?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:31 pm 
Is anybody actually going to play tonight or are they just gonna send a bus to Hoffman to pic up the WC squad?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Down 19 to start the 4th quarter. Alright!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:11 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Bulls sitting 8th right now with 27 wins. They play Brooklyn (26 wins) tonight and again Monday. Bulls must lose both games as well as their last game against Detroit on Wednesday. That would put them 7th.

The Kings have 26 wins currently and have two games left against the Spurs and Rockets. Gotta think Houston sits everybody their last game. If the Kings can pull it off, that would mean the Bulls and Kings would have a coin flip/random drawing for the 6th best lottery odds. Not terrible.

Yeah I was hoping to slip into the top 5 if possible. Of the guys initially that would be in that 5-7 range I was hoping for Jaren Jackson Jr. Seems like he is moving up on the boards however. Porter Jr. seems to be slipping. Would you take a chance on him at 6-7?

Not interested in a guy who has already had back surgery with a top 10 pick.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:18 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
2018 Lottery Odds:

21 wins — Suns (25%)
22 wins — Grizzlies (19.9%)
24 wins — Mavericks/Hawks (each 13.75%)
25 wins — Magic (8.8%)
27 wins — Kings/Bulls (each 5.3%)
28 wins — Nets (2.8%)

Lottery’s Tuesday, May 15th. Top 3 picks drawn first and then order set accordingly. Even though both the Kings and Bulls have a 5.3% chance at the #1 pick, they have an 18.25% chance to land in the Top 3. If neither team lands in the Top 3, a random drawing is done to see who picks before who.

I wonder if St. Louis Bulls Man is proud of all the hard work the Bulls put in this season. That Grizzlies game where Tyreke Evans fouled Blakeney to send him to the line for 3 FTs and seal the game 111-110. What a game!! And what a learning experience for the guys!! The Orlando game at home when the Magic had the last possession tied 101-101, Simmons threw away the inbounds pass, LaVine stole it and slammed it down!! Awesome win!! It meant so much! I feel like the players matured after that one.

Nikola Mirotic is the main culprit in all of this. They went from 3-20 to 13-22, including a 7 game win streak where he averaged 20 and 8. Now all those Bulls Mirotic step back jump shots are just dust in the wind.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:29 am 

How does the Pelicans pick shake out with all the ties?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:24 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
How does the Pelicans pick shake out with all the ties?

Tiebreaker coin flips. Pick #20, #21, #22, or #23. If the Bulls don’t end up in the Top 3, I wonder if they could move up a spot or two to get the player they really want. A team like the Hawks or Magic looking for depth might accept the Bulls #6, the Pelicans pick, and an expiring contract like Robin Lopez or (cheap expiring) Justin Holiday.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Porter Jr. seems to be slipping. Would you take a chance on him at 6-7?

I don’t think he slips that far but who knows. Seems like nobody is talking about Doncic much anymore. Where does he go. I’m scared about Porter’s back. I’d like to think his conditioning was the main reason he looked like shit in the 1st round.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FWIW, This mock has Porter going 2nd. Also has Bomba to the Bull
http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2018-nba-mock-draft.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
My guy says that the Bulls want Bagley in the worst way.

Trades are a very real possibility.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:09 am 

Seacrest wrote:

I'm only a casual follower of the league but it seems like this is the type of draft where no one will trade out of those top picks. Maybe if the Bulls can get in the top 4 in the lottery they can make some movement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:04 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I'm only a casual follower of the league but it seems like this is the type of draft where no one will trade out of those top picks. Maybe if the Bulls can get in the top 4 in the lottery they can make some movement.

Bagley’s awesome. My favorite player in the draft. It’s fun watching him work in the post. He and Markkanen together would be a thing. If the Bulls aren’t lucky, I hope he comes home to Phoenix. Devin Booker, Josh Jackson, and Bagley would be a hell of a trio. The Suns deserve it after all the drafts picking between #13 and #15.

Dolphin, it’s impossible the Bulls land the 4th pick. The first 3 teams are drawn randomly with the ping pong balls (any of the 14 lottery teams can make it in the top 3). After that, remaining teams are set accordingly by record. So the Bulls can land in the top 3 — but if they don’t then they’re picking 6th or 7th, depending on the coin flip/drawing with Sacramento. Although highly unlikely, the Bulls could end up picking 8th or 9th. That would only happen if teams like the Lakers and Hornets swoop into the top 3. That’d be fucked up. Hopefully the Bulls have that luck and swoop in.

I agree though. If Bagley is there guy and they land in the top 3, I wonder what it would take to move up a spot. If they end up at #6, would team X picking 2nd or 3rd accept the Bulls #6, Pelicans #20 or #21, and say Bobby Portis. Maybe a future 1st rounder too. Like 2021, when the Bulls ideally will be very good and that pick would be in the mid to high 20s.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I agree though. If Bagley is there guy and they land in the top 3, I wonder what it would take to move up a spot. If they end up at #6, would team X picking 2nd or 3rd accept the Bulls #6, Pelicans #20 or #21, and say Bobby Portis. Maybe a future 1st rounder too. Like 2021, when the Bulls ideally will be very good and that pick would be in the mid to high 20s.

The only thing the Bulls have on their roster that could be added to the #6 pick to move to #3 is Lauri or possibly their #1 draft pick next year. Even that is doubtful for such a big move up the ladder. For reference, last year Philly moved from #3 to #1 and it cost them the #3 pick as well as a future first round pick that could be very high (if they get the Sacto pick vs Philly pick, not sure how that works). And that also involved a trade with a partner who actively wanted to move down in the draft to pick Tatum.

#6 and next year's first might get you from 6 to 3 this year if the team at 3 isn't committed to the pick. Do you want to give up that much? I sure don't. I imagine we'll have a very nice pick next year as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:03 pm 

shakes wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

The only thing the Bulls have on their roster that could be added to the #6 pick to move to #3 is Lauri or possibly their #1 draft pick next year. Even that is doubtful for such a big move up the ladder. For reference, last year Philly moved from #3 to #1 and it cost them the #3 pick as well as a future first round pick that could be very high (if they get the Sacto pick vs Philly pick, not sure how that works). And that also involved a trade with a partner who actively wanted to move down in the draft to pick Tatum.

#6 and next year's first might get you from 6 to 3 this year if the team at 3 isn't committed to the pick. Do you want to give up that much? I sure don't. I imagine we'll have a very nice pick next year as well.

If #6 and next year’s 1st (top 5 protected if the Bulls can get away with it) can move you into the top 3, I’d do it. LaVine, Lauri, Dunn, Portis, and one of Ayton, Bagley, or Porter, is definitely a playoff team. So that 2019 1st round pick would be no higher than #15.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 pm 

I lied about the Kings/Bulls drawing. These things are confusing. The drawing was done today. Bulls won the tie breaker. They’re 6th. Kings 7th. Pelicans/Bulls pick #22

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I would love to get a top 3 pick.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:50 am 

Looking over mock drafts there appears to be a lot of different opinions on the top 10 guys.

I think I could be happy with just about any of the top guys with the exception of Bamba. I think he has bust all over him.

Trae Young's stock appears to be slipping while Jaren Jackson and Wendell Carter appear to be on the rise.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:30 pm 

Because we won the tie breaker yesterday, I’d like to think the NBA gods will bless us again and move the Bulls into the top 3.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
Looking over mock drafts there appears to be a lot of different opinions on the top 10 guys.

I think I could be happy with just about any of the top guys with the exception of Bamba. I think he has bust all over him.

Trae Young's stock appears to be slipping while Jaren Jackson and Wendell Carter appear to be on the rise.

I'd be pretty upset if the Bulls picked Carter or Young. They are the top 2 top prospects I don't like.

I like Bamba. Seems like there is Gobert type potential defensively for him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I'd be pretty upset if the Bulls picked Carter or Young. They are the top 2 top prospects I don't like.

What don't you like about Carter?

Young is intriguing. No idea what to make of him and how he will translate into the league.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:45 pm 

So they will draft either 1,2,3,6,7,8,9.

My guess is one team jumps them and they end up 7.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:06 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Young is intriguing. No idea what to make of him and how he will translate into the league.

I feel like this was said about Steph Curry in 2009.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:09 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
So they will draft either 1,2,3,6,7,8,9.

My guess is one team jumps them and they end up 7.

That one team will be the Bulls. The lottery’s in Chicago. Positive thinking conns. Positive energy.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:10 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Probably so in some form. I know people expected him to be a good shooter, but obviously no one saw what he was really going to become.

I feel like so many people are looking for the next Curry that they are over inflating the positives in Young.

But again who knows. I think right now there is a slightly better chance that Young is a bust than he is the next Curry.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:

What don't you like about Carter?

Seems like he’s gonna be role player and that’s it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:34 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Probably so in some form. I know people expected him to be a good shooter, but obviously no one saw what he was really going to become.

I feel like so many people are looking for the next Curry that they are over inflating the positives in Young.

But again who knows. I think right now there is a slightly better chance that Young is a bust than he is the next Curry.

Trae Young is going to be a spark plug off the bench at best.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:54 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Porter Jr. seems to be slipping. Would you take a chance on him at 6-7?

I don’t think he slips that far but who knows. Seems like nobody is talking about Doncic much anymore. Where does he go. I’m scared about Porter’s back. I’d like to think his conditioning was the main reason he looked like shit in the 1st round.

If Doncic slips to 6th that would be great. He seems like a perfect fit for what the Bulls are trying to do at the 3. Highly skilled. If the Bulls can draft either he Porter or Jackson at 6 then its a good draft.

Bamba scares me as a prospect. He might be the 2nd coming of Hasheem Thabeet for all we know.