It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kudos to the Mayor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:07 am 

For proving your detractors wrong and demonstrating that you are an NBA caliber coach. Keep up the good work my man!

Even Kerry and Curry have taken notice of how well the Bulls are coached.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/lau ... -warriors/

Post subject: Re: Kudos to the Mayor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep fighting! You also thought he wasn't an NBA coach at one point.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:19 am 

Nas wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Keep fighting! You also thought he wasn't an NBA coach at one point.

I have at least 200 posts which point to the contrary. I'm widely known to be in Hoiberg's camp.

Earlier in the year i was on the verge of abandoning ship but its obvious that it was a talent issue more than anything.

They were without Mirotic, Dunn, Lavine, and Portis at the time.

Holiday was simply jacking up shots. Watching them play its apparent that they are a well coached team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I may be wrong but I thought I saw a post where you questioned his ability as a coach. Either way he needed a young team or veteran assistants from the beginning but they gave him a veteran team and high school assistants.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am 

Nas wrote:
I may be wrong but I thought I saw a post where you questioned his ability as a coach. Either way he needed a young team or veteran assistants from the beginning but they gave him a veteran team and high school assistants.

It was in the Hoiball thread. Questioned why he allows guys to shoot bad shots all the time. It is the one thing that bothered me about him. Its been corrected. The Bulls offense has looked very good over the past 15 games or so. Ball movement and spacing have been great.

The largest problem and it is evident now was Jimmy Butler. He constantly undermined him and never bought into the system. Its that simple.

Last edited by long time guy on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

It was in the Hoiball thread. Questioned why he allows guys to shoot bad shots all the time. It is the one thing that bothered me about him. Its been corrected. The Bulls offense has looked very good over the past 15 games or so. Ball movement and spacing have been great.

No it hasn't. It's still a pretty big problem. It's the biggest criticism I have of Lavine so far. Several times against Atlanta he pulled up and shot long, contested 2 point shots early in the shot clock. Just horrible shot selection.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

No it hasn't. It's still a pretty big problem. It's the biggest criticism I have of Lavine so far. Several times against Atlanta he pulled up and shot long, contested 2 point shots early in the shot clock. Just horrible shot selection.

Its been corrected. That is part of the offense and you don't see them do nearly as much of it as was done in previous years. Mirotic and Portis's shot selection is much improved and even Holiday's has gotten better.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 am 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Its been corrected. That is part of the offense

Come on. I can promise you that taking contested 20 footers early in the shot clock with no bigs near the basket is not part of the offense. It's definitely still a problem.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:29 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nas wrote:

Its been corrected. That is part of the offense

Come on. I can promise you that taking contested 20 footers early in the shot clock with no bigs near the basket is not part of the offense. It's definitely still a problem.

The Bulls are routinely assisting on 25 or more made baskets per game. Their ball movement has been very good. They are 15-8 since Mirotic returned. Hoiberg is doing a good job with a team many including me believed was going to tank. It would have been easy to fold after starting the year 3-20. There are also players that have shown improvement. They consistently make the extra pass too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:31 am 

I think Hoiberg's done a good job this year. I just disagree with you when you say bad shot selection is no longer a problem. I think it still is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I think Hoiberg's done a good job this year. I just disagree with you when you say bad shot selection is no longer a problem. I think it still is.

Every team takes them. The Bulls don't take as many as they did during the previous two years. Their shot selection is much improved and the spacing is much better. They don't struggle to get the shot that they want nearly as much. They make the extra pass much more. There are a few guys namely Holiday and to some degree Mirotic who need to be reined in but overall he is doing a good job.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
They still don't play defense though..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Dear Fred,

I'd like to congratulate you on winning 38% of your games this year. Building upon prior success is integral to our organization's goals and mission, which is why we are particularly excited about you following up last year's 50% win rate with 38% this year. The numbers speak for themselves.

Your ability to steer this team within striking distance of 11th place in the conference is remarkable. Even more remarkable was how you recovered from a devastating 3-20 start by elevating the team into 12th place out of 15. Your ability to bounce back from set backs is impressive.

Lastly, we appreciate how you let your players settle scores the old fashioned way. Sometimes bosses should just let subordinates punch each other in the face - we understand that. If there is anything we can do to reduce the roster of playoff experience and star talent to further protect your lack of credibility, then please let us know.

Thank you again for continued success this season, and best wishes for negligible achievements for the rest of this year.

Sincerely,

Long Time Guy

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:04 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Dear Fred,

I'd like to congratulate you on winning 38% of your games this year. Building upon prior success is integral to our organization's goals and mission, which is why we are particularly excited about you following up last year's 50% win rate with 38% this year. The numbers speak for themselves.

Your ability to steer this team within striking distance of 11th place in the conference is remarkable. Even more remarkable was how you recovered from a devastating 3-20 start by elevating the team into 12th place out of 15. Your ability to bounce back from set backs is impressive.

Lastly, we appreciate how you let your players settle scores the old fashioned way. Sometimes bosses should just let subordinates punch each other in the face - we understand that. If there is anything we can do to reduce the roster of playoff experience and star talent to further protect your lack of credibility, then please let us know.

Thank you again for continued success this season, and best wishes for negligible achievements for the rest of this year.

Sincerely,

Long Time Guy

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Dear Fred,

Sincerely,

Long Time Guy

I could not have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:19 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Dear Fred,

Sincerely,

Long Time Guy

There is such a thing known as a "talent based assessment" you know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:21 pm 

:lol: Veganfan is so disingenuous. He pushed for a tear-it-all-down tank job as much as anyone I know. Since the Bulls did what he wanted, now he's going to make fun of them for stripping down the roster and make fun of Hoiberg for only being the 9th worst team in the league when Vegas and most analysts had them being the worst team in the league this season.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
another boorish post that has no relevance at all

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Freddy has more offensive sets than JORR has media outlets to blame for his President's incompetence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daumVipF6fg

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
:lol: Veganfan is so disingenuous. He pushed for a tear-it-all-down tank job as much as anyone I know. Since the Bulls did what he wanted, now he's going to make fun of them for stripping down the roster and make fun of Hoiberg for only being the 9th worst team in the league when Vegas and most analysts had them being the worst team in the league this season.

Huh? Hoiberg sucks. End of story.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Hoiberg doesn’t even bother coaching which makes him a decent NBA coach.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Douchebag wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Dear Fred,

Sincerely,

Long Time Guy

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think my post was pretty clear. Not really sure how to make it more clear.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

This is a dumb thread. Hence my sarcastic post. There is nothing to celebrate this year except for the development of players who will be around for some time. Maybe that development is happening maybe it isn't.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

This is a dumb thread. Hence my sarcastic post. There is nothing to celebrate this year except for the development of players who will be around for some time. Maybe that development is happening maybe it isn't.

The development is happening. That is impossible to deny if you watch the games.

The Bulls were projected to be the worst team in the NBA by almost everybody and they might make the playoffs. There are things to celebrate if you’re a Bulls fan. I realize you’re not but you should still be able to understand that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:04 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The development is happening. That is impossible to deny if you watch the games.

The Bulls were projected to be the worst team in the NBA by almost everybody and they might make the playoffs. There are things to celebrate if you’re a Bulls fan. I realize you’re not but you should still be able to understand that.

They are the 9th worst team in the league.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:13 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Spoken like the guy that repeatedly told the world that Kyrie wasn't shit without Lebron James. See how that is working out for you. The Bulls record is due to being without their best players for the majority of the first half.

Guys who know basketball realize this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:13 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

They are the 9th worst team in the league.

Yes, and just a few weeks ago you were making fun of the fact they were the 4th worst team in the league. A few weeks before that they were the worst team in the league. Seeing a trend here?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:03 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Yes, and just a few weeks ago you were making fun of the fact they were the 4th worst team in the league. A few weeks before that they were the worst team in the league. Seeing a trend here?

Long Time Favre Fan wrote:
Dear Fred,

Your ability to steer this team within striking distance of 11th place in the conference is remarkable.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Long Time Favre Fan wrote:
Dear Fred,

Your ability to steer this team within striking distance of 11th place in the conference is remarkable.

I mean... you don’t even know if the Bulls young guys are developing this year. Kinda hard to take your input on the team too seriously after that, ya know?

To rock my soul