It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

So I was thinking of a good PR move for the Bulls. Last 10 days of the season, sign him to a 10 day contract. They'll be 3 or 4 games left at that point. Give him a few minutes per game. On the last home game, let him start. He gets announced one last time. Fans go nuts. Pull him out of the game with 5 minutes left. Fans go nuts. His mom and brothers would be at the game. Derrick cries. His baby mamas cry.

Boom. That's the end of his career. He goes home to his 300 million only to find that Reggie stole half of it and is no where to be found. But he's still happy to have the 150.

It's a story book ending.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Everyone in Chicago hates him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
America wrote:

Except folks from Simeon. They will kill you if you joke about him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

America wrote:

They did. Maybe they still do but a little less. Time has passed. Now he's a sympathetic figure. The fans would give him a standing ovation. I guarantee that. Even the ones that hated him 3 years ago. They would remember the good times for his last home game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
The front office hated him. Do you really think they want a Rose lovefest? I don't.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
So glad this scumbag has fallen like this. He cheated at life, and wasted his talent like a bum.

Figure he is lucky to see 40. Not gonna end good for this p.o.s. Hopefully he spread some of that coin around to someone deserving and they made something positive out of his disgraceful basketball career.

Good riddance drose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:01 pm 

thewatcher wrote:
So glad this scumbag has fallen like this. He cheated at life, and wasted his talent like a bum.

Figure he is lucky to see 40. Not gonna end good for this p.o.s. Hopefully he spread some of that coin around to someone deserving and they made something positive out of his disgraceful basketball career.

Good riddance drose

What does he cheated at life even mean?

I'm not really a DRose fan anymore, but the active animus pushes me solidly back into his defense. Because there is no overkill with him from MANY quarters, almost irrationally it seems.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:10 pm 

And frankly as a citizen of Chicago and Bulls fan, I'd prefer to reserve my disgust for a cocksucker like Dwayne Wade, who actively worked against the bulls for a decade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
America wrote:

Not quite. Harkins is in love with some D-Rose. Brags about it regularly. Says he's an intereSHting guy and can't undeSHtand all the hate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Regular Reader wrote:
, I'd prefer to reserve my disgust for a cocksucker like Dwayne Wade, who actively worked against the bulls for a decade

I have enough room in my heart for both Dwayne Wade and Derrick Rose disgust.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Let us praise a guy that continued to get injured and put the organization way behind his own personal gains. He told he could come back from his ACL tear in Jan and waited until October even though the team was in the playoff hunt. Remember God told him when he'd be ready.

FUCK Derrick Rose.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:30 pm 

Parent Teacher Conferences will never be the same

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2271 ... high-level

WTF is up with his rambling

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
FrankDrebin wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22716629/minnesota-timberwolves-derrick-rose-motivated-show-doubters-play-high-level

WTF is up with his rambling

Rambling? He’s answering a reporter’s questions. And answering honestly. I never understood the HATE. But I also never understood the irrational fanboys.

Rose was appointment television before April 2012. He was immensely entertaining.

He got seriously injured and said some stupid conflicting shit at times. So what. Why is Kawhi Leonard not playing? Why is Kevin Love being praised now and Rose being shamed? I’ll never understand those boos when he returned to the UC as a visitor.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:21 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
man it's easy to forget that derrick used to have heart.... when the heat 4-1'd the bulls out of the ECF during the MVP season i'll never forget after game 5 derrick stepped up and said to put the blame for the series loss on him, and that he needed to play better and he'd come back stronger and etc.

but then he got injured and he saw his basketball mortality and he was a bit too honest in thinking "man i've already got 200-300mil coming.... i wanna be able to walk up those metal bleacher steps when my kid graduates high school.... what's the point of making all this money if you're not gonna be able to enjoy it?"

like when you go to the article linked in the thread and read the first paragraph of this quote, it's like "ok yeah hey derrick i can relate good job dude!" -- but then you get to the second paragraph and it's like "oh..... you fucking dumbass!"

the fucking article wrote:
This is how I feel about it, the whole perspective on it," Rose said. "You could have your perspective on me, as far as I'm a bum, I can't play, I can't shoot, this and that, all right, cool, I have no hard feelings with that. I'm cool with that. [If] that's how you feel, that's how you feel, but at the same time, I don't need your f---ing validation. I know who I am, I know what type of player I am. So you respect that and I respect that [point of view] and we should be good. That's how I feel about it."

Rose started the year as a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers but suffered an ankle injury early in the season and took a sabbatical from the team to ponder his future in the league. Once he decided to come back, he played in only a handful of games before being traded to the Utah Jazz and summarily waived right after the trade deadline.

see that's where derrick probably loses most everybody nowadays.... obviously playing on a lebron team with all the politics and mindgames and stuff = not ideal for a guy who in/famously peaced out of the knicks to pop back to chicago for a little (???) but still you know, he prolly figured playing with lebron would be real respecting real and all that but it wasn't what he expected and you know.... derrick literally has fuck you money so he can (and will) occasionally go FUCK YOU.... and of course people at our level are gonna hate that.....

but hey, you know, it aint his fault adidas was so hyping him out to scoop nike on the next potential super/star that they tossed all that money at him, and IIRC at the time the bulls extended him with the full boat it was a cromulent move..... so you know, shit, you can and can't blame the guy for realizing his basketball mortality and the business aspect of it and being one of the few guys who will legit take advantage of fuck you money cuz like, you know, sports are a odd game (like music, or so i hear) where you basically gotta earn all your money by 35 or don't even bother trying =D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Regular Reader wrote:
I'd prefer to reserve my disgust for a cocksucker like Dwayne Wade, who actively worked against the bulls for a decade

I don’t think I ever jumped up from the couch as quickly as I did when Taj posterized Wade in Game 1. Pretty sure that dunk put them up by a bucket and gave them their first lead. Steve Kerr and Reggie were giggling like schoolgirls. Then they made the Heat look silly in the 4th quarter. It was fun to see them beat the “big 3” or the “evil empire” at least once.