It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coby White: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I've seen projections identifying White as a "solid starter" or "very good" sixth man. Not exactly inspiring, if accurate.

Kawhi Leonard had many similar projections. White will be a superstar

Whoa! Whoa!. Slow down chief! :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
It's disappointment in not getting one of the franchise guys.

Outside of Zion nobody knows who got a franchise guy yet in this draft.

That's why I said the off season started with hoping for Zion. I think the 2 or 3 picks would have also been a reason for greater optimism.

I wouldn't be more optimistic if we had RJ Barrett over White. I could see being more optimistic about Morant but White has an equally high ceiling.

Damn were these some terrible takes! :lol: :lol:
I forgot just how bad actually.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
On a mission today ltg?

Coby White has been hurt. If he was playing and playing poorly you'd have a point here.

It'll be nice to see how he looks when we get him back.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
On a mission today ltg?

Coby White has been hurt. If he was playing and playing poorly you'd have a point here.

He "played poorly" for 2 years. Where you been?

Not really on a mission. If I were it's already "mission accomplished" don't you think? Coby White sucks ass as a basketball player. You had him as a "superstar". It's a terrible opinion but of course you will never own it because it's your opinion and he is your guy.

I'm actually bumping this because he is on his way back shortly. I need to brush up on just how bad a player he was and just how bad the thoughts were of him as a player were.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:27 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
On a mission today ltg?

He improved in his 2nd year at literally everything. Numbers went up across the board. That's what you want to see from a guy who's only 20 years old. You're too quick to give up on young, good players. My guess is he comes back to prove you wrong the same way Lonzo did.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FavreFan wrote:
On a mission today ltg?

White finished the season strong last year. If gets back to that he will be a valuable player off the bench. Still only 21 too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:32 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
LTG isn't going to change his mind on Coby. He's in his fox hole now. No going back. I actually admire it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:38 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
On a mission today ltg?

He improved in his 2nd year at literally everything. Numbers went up across the board. That's what you want to see from a guy who's only 20 years old. You're too quick to give up on young, good players. My guess is he comes back to prove you wrong the same way Lonzo did.

They started Tomas Satoransky because he was playing terribly last year. Thus I ask "where you been". Coby White isn't the Bulls future. He stinks as a player and again you will never admit it because he was a guy that you like.

It's not about "giving up on young players" as much as its about knowing when there is no "there" there and then moving on. It makes no sense to hold on to a terrible player in the hope that they will be good or even serviceable at some point. It's faulty logic.

Coby White isn't some major talent whom everyone thinks can be great if happens to put it all together. He was another in a latter day list of terrible draft picks by the previous regime.

You had him terribly miscast as a franchise player. You got to own it as opposed to "preaching patience" as you do with all of your failed evaluations

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:41 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
LTG isn't going to change his mind on Coby. He's in his fox hole now. No going back. I actually admire it.

Why should I? AK, Billy D and Staciey "Sky" King (among others) agree with me. Of course they will never say this publicly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:43 pm 

I'll say it again and maybe this time you'll read it, he improved literally across the board in his 2nd year. As a very young pro he has consistently improved his game as he's been in the league, which is what you want to see from a guy like that.

You can keep saying he's terrible but it's a dumb thing to harp on and ignores the above.

He's gonna fit in nicely with this current group.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
I'll say it again and maybe this time you'll read it, he improved literally across the board in his 2nd year. As a very young pro he has consistently improved his game as he's been in the league, which is what you want to see from a guy like that.

You can keep saying he's terrible but it's a dumb thing to harp on and ignores the above.

He's gonna fit in nicely with this current group.

And I'm going to say this again. He sucks ass as a player. You had him in Morant's class as a player. It'd apparent that the only class he and Morant is Draft.

As far as this current group goes he doesn't really fit. Lowest basketball IQ on the team and a shitty defender. Ayo will be higher up in the rotation by mid season if they don't make a move before that. Book It!

Coby White is at best 4th guard on the depth chart (Soon to be 5th) you had him as a franchise player. He stinks and you got to own that one.

On my way down to Ceres.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:09 pm 

More dumb nonsense. You don't have a fucking idea how good he is or will be. All we know if that as Zippy mentioned, he played really well at the end of last year and that he improved across the board in 2nd year, and he's only 21 years old.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:40 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
More dumb nonsense. You don't have a fucking idea how good he is or will be. All we know if that as Zippy mentioned, he played really well at the end of last year and that he improved across the board in 2nd year, and he's only 21 years old.

Yes I do. He has played for 2 years. It might take you 10 years to admit it but that's your problem.
He sucks.

Here are his numbers.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... eco01.html

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:44 pm 

Thanks for posting the numbers that back up what I’ve been telling you.

Also funny that you never said anywhere in this thread that he sucks until now. Where were you two years ago? Brogue asked what you thought. Nothing from you. Just this revisionist nonsense

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
FavreFan wrote:

Also funny that you never said anywhere in this thread that he sucks until now. Where were you two years ago? Brogue asked what you thought. Nothing from you. Just this revisionist nonsense

LTG has had a negative opinion of Coby White since the early stages of White's rookie season. He hasn't been shy about expressing that view in a bunch of threads.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:44 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

LTG has had a negative opinion of Coby White since the early stages of White's rookie season. He hasn't been shy about expressing that view in a bunch of threads.

It seems odd then that he was replying early in this thread without mentioning that

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

It seems odd then that he was replying early in this thread without mentioning that

Yeah, I'm. probably making this up.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:23 pm 

Seems a fair thing to point out considering 1.) hes bumping comments from right after the draft of me being overly optimistic about a Bulls lottery pick that was an exciting one and done college player and 2.) he responded on the first page saying none of what you mentioned

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:43 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Seems a fair thing to point out considering 1.) hes bumping comments from right after the draft of me being overly optimistic about a Bulls lottery pick that was an exciting one and done college player and 2.) he responded on the first page saying none of what you mentioned

You had him as a franchise player. You wanted to trade Zach Lavine and build the team around him. You thought He was on a par Ja Morant.

What part of that is not factual?

What part of that do you still believe?

And for the record you sound dumb as shit still trying to stand behind this bum.
He stinks. You're my guy because you like basketball but come on. You are arguing for more time. After 2 years. Kid sucks. You had him as a franchise guy 2 years ago.

Throw in the towel

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:48 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You had him as a franchise player. You wanted to trade Zach Lavine and build the team around him. You thought He was on a par Ja Morant.

What par of that is not factual?

And for the record you sound dumb as shit still trying to stand behind this bum.
He stinks. You're my guy because you like basketball but come on. You ate arguing for more time. Kid sucks. You had him as a franchise guy 2 years ago.

Throw in the towel

As i mentioned in my previous post, you’re cherry picking comments from right after the draft. I’m a Bulls fan. Im an admitted meatball when it comes to sports. It’s odd to me that you somehow think that me being overly optimistic about a guy we just drafted at 7th overall is something to be ashamed of two years later.

Ive said several times I was wrong about Lavine. You keep wanting to harp on it.

I dont think White sucks. I think as usual you’re being stubborn because you want to be right more than you want the Bulls to be good. But even if he becomes his best self, at this point of course he’s never going to be in Ja’s class. Ja is an All NBA team candidate from here on out.

I bumped the Jokic thread if you care to revisit that one

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:

How is "early stages of White's rookie season" synonymous with "right after the draft"?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:23 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

How is "early stages of White's rookie season" synonymous with "right after the draft"?

Is it not fair to ask for ltg’s opinions on White from the same exact time frame in which he’s criticizing mine?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Is it not fair to ask for ltg’s opinions on White from the same exact time frame in which he’s criticizing mine?

So your criticism of LTG is that he didn't make the same kind of hasty judgment you did? OK. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:30 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So your criticism of LTG is that he didn't make the same kind of hasty judgment you did? OK. :lol:

My criticism of ltg is exactly what I stated it to be. I realize you have an agenda since I slapped you around in the Fields thread though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:27 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

What par of that is not factual?

He stinks. You're my guy because you like basketball but come on. You ate arguing for more time. Kid sucks. You had him as a franchise guy 2 years ago.

Throw in the towel

As i mentioned in my previous post, you’re cherry picking comments from right after the draft. I’m a Bulls fan. Im an admitted meatball when it comes to sports. It’s odd to me that you somehow think that me being overly optimistic about a guy we just drafted at 7th overall is something to be ashamed of two years later.

Ive said several times I was wrong about Lavine. You keep wanting to harp on it.

I dont think White sucks. I think as usual you’re being stubborn because you want to be right more than you want the Bulls to be good. But even if he becomes his best self, at this point of course he’s never going to be in Ja’s class. Ja is an All NBA team candidate from here on out.

I bumped the Jokic thread if you care to revisit that one

They believed Sato was better. Why?
Bump the Jokic thread. Embiid is still regarded as better by most.

You placed Coby White in the class of Ja Morant. Think about that

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:32 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

He thought he was better than Zach Lavine after watching both play together

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:49 am 

FavreFan wrote:

I'd be the first to admit that I do not watch college basketball. Thus there would be no way for me to know what type of player that I believed he would be. However shortly after watching him play I did provide an opinion of him. MANY in fact. I will be happy to "bump" those shortly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:50 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'd be the first to admit that I do not watch college basketball. Thus there would be no way for me to know what type of player that I believed he would be. However shortly after watching him play I did provide an opinion of him. MANY in fact. I will be happy to "bump" those shortly.

Lol no need. I believe you. I declare you the Coby White Expert between us. Nice work

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:56 am 

FavreFan wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Lol no need. I believe you. I declare you the Coby White Expert between us. Nice work

Here you go. After only a few games of his rookie system.

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
No he hasn't.

And you don't have to trust me.

https://stats.nba.com/players/tradition ... 1610612741

Trust NBA.com.

Since you have a rather remedial understanding of basketball (only slightly lower than Reverend Waltkins) I have to meet you on a level that you can understand.

These are the Stats of everyone's favorite Coby WHite.

Look at his stats and explain why this team should be handed over to him.

Also explain (In your ever present Bernstein book for basketball dummies) how it is that he happens to be playing so great.

Let me expedite it for you

He currently has a negative Win SHare

His EFG % is 43%

He shoots 37% from the field and 25% from 3

His offensive/defensive rating is upside down with his defensive rating over 110

My eyetest (which a trust and know is a whole helluva better than yours) tells me that he has terrible shot selection and poor decision making.

There is nothing which suggests that he is playing all that great and no I'm not going to presume that he is simply going to get better as he gets older. There is a chance but right now let him earn it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:

Of course. Tom Brady for example. I was a hater. Then that Super Bowl against the Falcons. I turned weak and internally admitted his Goatness. I hate myself for it. LTG doesn't have that problem.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next