It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Coby White: Year 1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
LTG isn't going to change his mind on Coby. He's in his fox hole now. No going back. I actually admire it.

Of course. Tom Brady for example. I was a hater. Then that Super Bowl against the Falcons. I turned weak and internally admitted his Goatness. I hate myself for it. LTG doesn't have that problem.

Why should I? He sucks ass as a player. Bulls Management obviously agrees that is why they overpaid to acquire a guy that is only slightly better.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:03 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
LTG isn't going to change his mind on Coby. He's in his fox hole now. No going back. I actually admire it.

Of course. Tom Brady for example. I was a hater. Then that Super Bowl against the Falcons. I turned weak and internally admitted his Goatness. I hate myself for it. LTG doesn't have that problem.

Why should I? He sucks ass as a player. Bulls Management obviously agrees that is why they overpaid to acquire a guy that is only slightly better.

Deep down, in your heart, you still think Trae will be a bust. You will ALWAYS be looking for that pivot point where you can go, "SEE?". Like Bob said, it's admirable.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:08 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Deep down, in your heart, you still think Trae will be a bust. You will ALWAYS be looking for that pivot point where you can go, "SEE?". Like Bob said, it's admirable.

Nah it would be dumb to say the guy is bust at this point. He ain't. I still give Shakes shit about him because he believes that he is an All Time great. Or even a top 5 point. He ain't those either.

Coby White is a different story however. He isn't shit and the Bulls coaching staff obviously agrees. I'm wondering when people here who believed him to be the "franchise" guy are going to accept the "L" on this quite frankly. We both know that they won't though don't we?

They will still be preaching patience when the kid is in his mid 30's.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:28 am 

Nothing about Coby White's numbers the first 2 seasons suggest that he will be anything more than a bum.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... eco01.html

He is both a bad offensive player and a bad defensive player.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:37 am 

The Missing Link wrote:

Nah it would be dumb to say the guy is bust at this point. He ain't.

You only say that outwardly. Internally, you still haven't given up. There are strategies to stop Trae in his tracks. You've thought of all of them. You wish coaches would implement them even to the detriment of their own team.

:lol: I am projecting. I hated Isiah Thompson. That fake fucking smile. Ugh!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:40 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

You only say that outwardly. Internally, you still haven't given up. There are strategies to stop Trae in his tracks. You've thought of all of them. You wish coaches would implement them even to the detriment of their own team.

Nah and you sound silly trying to mind read. He ain't a bust. He also isn’t elite or an all time great either.

There have been very few strategies that have been " detrimental" to anyone's team when they have played the Hawks this year. Have you seen them play?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:51 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

Nah and you sound silly trying to mind read. He ain't a bust. He also isn’t elite or an all time great either.

There have been very few strategies that have been " detrimental" to anyone's team when they have played the Hawks this year. Have you seen them play?

I said I was projecting. In other words, I'm kidding. But seriously, you hate Trae in a deep fundamental way, don't you?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:01 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

I said I was projecting. In other words, I'm kidding. But seriously, you hate Trae in a deep fundamental way, don't you?

Nah I don't. I don't get emotionally involved with sports like that. I just don't think he is a very good basketball player. You seem to be implying that I have to think he is a very good basketball player or else I must hate him. Which can only mean that you believe that he is very good basketball player.

And mind you you're talking all of this hate of Trae yet it's you that keeps referencing him in a thread about Coby White.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:30 pm 

8 for 32 from the field since his triumphant return.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:46 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
8 for 32 from the field since his triumphant return.

I read a funny thing since I missed the game and was wondering where Caruso was

Matt Berklan wrote:
Caruso’s absence gives Coby White a prime opportunity to continue the hot streak he had in the fourth quarter vs. the Knicks. White’s scoring ability can help offset the Chicago missing Caruso’s defensive presence.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:54 am 

1-5 from the field last night 3 points. 24% from the field and 3 ppg in 6 games since coming back from injury.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
good news for the Bulls, White out with Covid.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:55 pm 

If there was ever a time to earn your stars, tonight's the night young man. You should be licking your chops at the prospect of the Gutless Trae Young having to check you 1 on 1.

Knowing how he is hidden they will probably place him on the offensively challenged Javonte Green instead
Will never utter these words again if you sell us out tonight.
Let's Go Coby!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:lol:

I love it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:55 pm 

Thus far he is owning Coby. Keeping the faith. Let's Go Coby!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:58 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Thus far he is owning Coby. Keeping the faith. Let's Go Coby!

Yeah Coby is getting violated so far.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:12 pm 

3 fouls early. Being abused on Defense early. Nique not a fan either.

There is always the 2nd half however. Let's Go Coby!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:17 pm 

Ayo already competing harder on
defense. Wouldn't surprise me if Billy D makes the switch over to him to start the 2nd half.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:01 pm 

Coby on fire in the 3rd.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:08 pm 

Let's go Coby in this matchup of the 2 worst defenders in the NBA!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
This dude is playing his ass off during this 7 game winning streak. What stands out to me more than the Euro steps and the threes is the effort - he's flying all over the place going after loose balls and landing on his ass a lot. Love to see that kind of effort especially from younger guys so you know they don't think that kind of stuff is beneath them.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:25 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
This dude is playing his ass off during this 7 game winning streak. What stands out to me more than the Euro steps and the threes is the effort - he's flying all over the place going after loose balls and landing on his ass a lot. Love to see that kind of effort especially from younger guys so you know they don't think that kind of stuff is beneath them.

Ironic that you would suggest this considering he had to DUCK TRAE YOUNG (what actual ducking someone looks like by the way) in order to actually start playing better. And his great work is more of a 3 game ( not 7 game) product.
Let the record that is barely a week ago that Ice Cold Trae made him look like he did not even belong in the league. Had to be moved off of him (see how important actually guarding your position is Vegan) in order to start playing better too.
Still can't guard a doorstop (only thing he and Trae are competing for is worst defender in the league) but if he can score and shoot as he has the past 3 games then the Bulls may just have something in him off the bench.
It's no accident that the defense, which has been mostly a strength without him in the lineup, has sucked since he began starting either. They really miss Caruso and Ball on that side of the ball (no pun intended) However if he can keep up the scoring once he returns to a reserve role he could be of value, the Bulls currently have the 2nd worst bench production in the league. And his shitty defense will not be as much of a LIABILITY as he will not have to guard Frontline PGs all that often. I still want him launched, but if he isn't then maybe he could be of some use off the bench.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Welcome to the club, ltg! Please wait 5-7 business days for your application to be reviewed.

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Prior to tonight he scored a grand total of 2 points in 3 games. Yeah he was "playing well".

Factually correct but intellectually dishonest, per usual.

FavreFan wrote:

The kid looked good.

I know this is your thing with LTG, and I'm not sure what you think White's ceiling is, but I think last night is probably a good representation of what he is/will become. My term for him is "instant offense," sort of like a Jamal Crawford role. High volume, low efficiency, get some buckets, no defense, etc. I think that serves a need for us and if he can accomplish 90% of what JC did then good for him, but for what it's worth that's what I think of him.

No but here is "your" thing. And FavreFan's as well. He stunk his first 3 games and I didn't say a word. And neither did you or he in fact.. He has one "good" game and majestically becomes a top 6th man candidate.

His first 2 years (look at his advanced stat #s) are just as indicative of who he is as a player if you ask me. He sucked and while you believe he is the 2nd coming of Ben Gordon I can just as easily claim that he is the 2nd coming of Ronald "Flip" Murray.

I don't want a low IQ, low efficiency, terrible defense playing player anywhere around this team. You can get guys who are much better than he is at generating "instant offense" off the bench. They are scattered all throughout the league in fact. Some will even be waived in February. Book It! And when they are the Bulls should pounce on them.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:07 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Welcome to the club, ltg! Please wait 5-7 business days for your application to be reviewed.

The Missing Link wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Prior to tonight he scored a grand total of 2 points in 3 games. Yeah he was "playing well".

Factually correct but intellectually dishonest, per usual.

FavreFan wrote:

The kid looked good.

I know this is your thing with LTG, and I'm not sure what you think White's ceiling is, but I think last night is probably a good representation of what he is/will become. My term for him is "instant offense," sort of like a Jamal Crawford role. High volume, low efficiency, get some buckets, no defense, etc. I think that serves a need for us and if he can accomplish 90% of what JC did then good for him, but for what it's worth that's what I think of him.

No but here is "your" thing. And FavreFan's as well. He stunk his first 3 games and I didn't say a word. And neither did you or he in fact.. He has one "good" game and majestically becomes a top 6th man candidate.

His first 2 years (look at his advanced stat #s) are just as indicative of who he is as a player if you ask me. He sucked and while you believe he is the 2nd coming of Ben Gordon I can just as easily claim that he is the 2nd coming of Ronald "Flip" Murray.

I don't want a low IQ, low efficiency, terrible defense playing player anywhere around this team. You can get guys who are much better than he is at generating "instant offense" off the bench. They are scattered all throughout the league in fact. Some will even be waived in February. Book It! And when they are the Bulls should pounce on them.

Coby White still isn't a good basketball player.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bernstein or Rahimi the other day notes that White is shooting something like 50% from the corner 3.

Seems useful.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I like how he looks lately.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Is LTG still pretending White sucks?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:06 pm 

More drive by Analysis. Typical.

Coby White's VORP
19-20 -0.4
20-21 - 0.2
21-22. -0.1

You might want to check in when he at least is in the positive on this. For The Love Of God! :lol: :lol:

But we're told that he's "improving" sure he is.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:34 pm 

Even in this, his breakout season. His Box Plus Minus -2.4 yikes!

And I really don't care for analytics but you when look at it it supports the notion that he sucks as a player.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:51 pm 

Coby White come on down!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next