It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trade Lavine
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I don't think anyone has ever painted a scenario where this team would be good. Hoiberg and Parker were terrible too. At least the guys they have now appear to try to do the right things, they just suck.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Burts place
Serious question for LTG. Do you agree with FarveFan that Lauri is an all star or that he will never be that good?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:04 pm 

Quote:
Parker were terrible too.

If you listen to guys on this message board (thank god I rarely do) then you would have thought that. Jabari Parker avg 19 and 9 for an entire month prior to being benched by that idiot Boylen. It was unjustifiable and even Stacey King stepped out and said so. You rarely hear of an announcer going in on the teams head coach the way he did so it must have something that pissed him off.

Now you have Atlanta Hawk legend Dominique Wilkins raving about the guy too.

The Bulls are mismanaged mishandled franchised ran by boobs. As far as sucking goes I can easily name 3-4 teams this year (Charlotte, Cleveland, New York) that has inferior talent to the Bulls yet they still lost to them. It isn't about a lack of talent. They have a buffoon for a coach. These same players that you claim suck were leading in the 4th quarters of 3-4 games sometimes by double digits only to get hosed down the stretch.

That's coaching. He stinks and will continue to stink. Unfortunately given the cheap ass, inept ownership we will be stuck with him for the next 2-3 years minimum.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:07 pm 

Bababooey wrote:
Serious question for LTG. Do you agree with FarveFan that Lauri is an all star or that he will never be that good?

There was a time that I believe that he could have been an All Star but that time is passing more and more by the day. His defense stinks and his game drifts too much for me. He should be more inside out but unfortunately he falls in love with that three a little too much for my taste. Being coached by a raging fool that should be coaching H.S. doesn't help but I think he has more to do with his struggles than Boylen quite frankly.

I think on a good team he may be a viable 3rd option and that is about it. Definitely not a #1. All Star I would have to say no at this point.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
y'all hears that Stacey and 'Nique thinks JB is a ballerImage

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:22 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
y'all hears that Stacey and 'Nique thinks JB is a ballerImage

JB? Who Jaime Brandon? yeah he was a baller in his day too

Did yall hear of the time that he believed that McAdoo introduced the stretch 4 position to the NBA and Kareem "Was a part of the best trade of the last 30 years"?

Now that was a real hoot :lol: :lol: :lol: now whatnit?

I tell you that Reverend Waltkins sure is something now isn't he? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:26 pm 

I'd listen to Nique as a slam dunk contest judge. not when it comes to how to win basketball games.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:29 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
I'd listen to Nique as a slam dunk contest judge. not when it comes to how to win basketball games.

I'd trust his assessment regarding a good NBA player well before I'd trust the assessment of failed college coach Jim Boylen. Or that idiot Walt "Embiid is a wasted draft pick" Williams Neck for that matter.

Jim Boylen was fired as a college coach. You really have to be one fucked up coach in order to be whacked from a college coaching job.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:41 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

I'd trust his assessment regarding a good NBA player well before I'd trust the assessment of failed college coach Jim Boylen. Or that idiot Walt "Embiid is a wasted draft pick" Williams Neck for that matter.

Jim Boylen was fired as a college coach. You really have to be one fucked up coach in order to be whacked from a college coaching job.

I think Boylen did get one thing in Utah that was helpful, I think he picked up Rick Majerus diet plan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

That's not really true. College coaches get fired all the time.

But yes Boylen is clearly the #1 problem. I think Lavine is a big problem, you don't, I don't care to go back and forth on it, but Boylen needs to go or it's tough to really have hope for any of the players developing and realizing their potential.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:55 pm 

Markelle Fultz > McAdoo
Derrick White > Young
Mc was the 1st stretch 4

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:16 pm 

Markelle Fultz > McAdoo
Derrick White > Young
Mc was the 1st stretch 4

Illustrative of an idiot that can only seem to express himself by showing pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:21 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Another patented misquote. I never said they don't get fired. Your words not mine. Good college coaches rarely get fired. College coaches that take NBA jobs were rarely if ever fired from their college job prior to being placed in an NBA gig.

Guys that were as unsuccessful in their college jobs as Boylen happened to be do not ascend to NBA jobs ever. If you can find examples of it provide it. Otherwise you are putting out a falsehood.

As far as Lavine goes agree/disagree doesn't matter. Even if he is a problem he isn't the biggest problem. You have three guys (Porter/White/Markannen) with worse numbers advanced wise (numbers use cite til you don't) than him yet the vast majority of complaining is about him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Another patented misquote. I never said they don't get fired. Your words not mine. Good college coaches rarely get fired. College coaches that take NBA jobs were rarely if ever fired from their college job prior to being placed in an NBA gig.

Guys that were as unsuccessful in their college jobs as Boylen happened to be do not ascend to NBA jobs ever. If you can find examples of it provide it. Otherwise you are putting out a falsehood.

As far as Lavine goes agree/disagree doesn't matter. Even if he is a problem he isn't the biggest problem. You have three guys (Porter/White/Markannen) with worse numbers advanced wise (numbers use cite til you don't) than him yet the vast majority of complaining is about him.

You have the rare talent of trying your hardest to argue with anyone, about anything, even when you and that person agree on the topic at hand. We both think Boylen is a worthless idiot. I'm simply saying the below quote is wrong, and if you haven't noticed I'm not getting into long back and forth arguments over trivial shit with you this year so I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
You really have to be one fucked up coach in order to be whacked from a college coaching job.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:32 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

You have the rare talent of trying your hardest to argue with anyone, about anything, even when you and that person agree on the topic at hand. We both think Boylen is a worthless idiot. I'm simply saying the below quote is wrong, and if you haven't noticed I'm not getting into long back and forth arguments over trivial shit with you this year so I'll just leave it at that.

Quote:
You really have to be one fucked up coach in order to be whacked from a college coaching job.

What part of the aforementioned quote says this:

FavreFan wrote:

You misquoted me. I never said it. You also can't falsely claim that I argue with guys that "agree with me" when your first statement happens to be

FavreFan wrote:

If you want to have an honest dialogue then first you have to be honest. That would help.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:34 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Markelle Fultz > McAdoo
Derrick White > Young
Mc was the 1st stretch 4

Illustrative of an idiot that can only seem to express himself by showing pictures.

Pictures ...now you're seeing things :lol: :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:35 pm 

Yeah, I don't know what the hell you are talking about or why you think I'm being dishonest. Boylen isn't a bad coach because a college fired him. He's a bad coach because his team thinks he's a joke, he doesn't know what a rotation is or how to stick with it, there's no evidence he knows how to develop young talent, he loses close games significantly more than the league average, and he blames his players lack of preparation for the aforementioned issues instead of looking in the mirror.

You gotta settle down and relax man. Not every discussion needs to be a fucking war of words.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
You gotta settle down and relax man. Not every discussion needs to be a fucking war of words.

No need to patronize. When you suggest that I said something that I literally did not say the best thing to do is simply own it. Then there won't be a need for a "war of words" Its easy. Its not the first time you have done it either. You have difficulty with being call on your B.S. That is a problem for you.

FavreFan wrote:
Yeah, I don't know what the hell you are talking about or why you think I'm being dishonest. Boylen isn't a bad coach because a college fired him. He's a bad coach because his team thinks he's a joke, he doesn't know what a rotation is or how to stick with it, there's no evidence he knows how to develop young talent, he loses close games significantly more than the league average, and he blames his players lack of preparation for the aforementioned issues instead of looking in the mirror.

As previously stated guys that get fired from college jobs (His only head coaching job to date) do not tend to ascend to Head Jobs in the NBA. Its not about him being fired from a college job as you continue to falsely claim. Its about him being fired from a college job and being hired to coach an NBA team. That doesn't happen all that often. Unsuccessful college coaches ( which he was) aren't usually hired to be NBA coaches.

Also player perception doesn't determine whether a coach is a good coach or not either. Who cares if the players believe he is a joke? There have been many successful coaches whom the players believed were jokes.

The problem with Boylen has little to do with the things that you cited it has to do with him coaching NBA players as if he is still coaching in college.

There is no reason for Ryan Arcienado to play 15-20 minutes a game. No need really for him to play at all. There was no reason to bench Jabari Parker when he was clearly better than the guys (Holiday, Blakeney, Hutchinson, Shaq Harrison Bobby Portis) that were playing in front of him.

There is no reason for Sato to be playing in front of Kris Dunn currently either. Boylen's try hard rah rah bullshit is the garbage that you see in college. It doesn't work in the NBA. You play your talent and hope for the best. He has never done that.

As far as rotations goes he has pretty much stuck with the same rotations since he has been the coach of the team. He runs the same guys out there and they play the same amount of minutes each game whether they are playing well or not.

When he was at Utah there was a mutiny and that is why they got rid of him. Nothing about this clown has ever suggested that he should be a head coach in the NBA.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:10 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Markelle Fultz > McAdoo
Derrick White > Young
Mc was the 1st stretch 4

Pictures ...now you're seeing things :lol: :lol:

Sort of like you seeing that Bob McAdoo was the original stretch four? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No need to patronize. When you suggest that I said something that I literally did not say the best thing to do is simply own it. Then there won't be a need for a "war of words" Its easy. Its not the first time you have done it either. You have difficulty with being call on your B.S. That is a problem for you.

FavreFan wrote:

As previously stated guys that get fired from college jobs (His only head coaching job to date) do not tend to ascend to Head Jobs in the NBA. Its not about him being fired from a college job as you continue to falsely claim. Its about him being fired from a college job and being hired to coach an NBA team. That doesn't happen all that often. Unsuccessful college coaches ( which he was) aren't usually hired to be NBA coaches.

Also player perception doesn't determine whether a coach is a good coach or not either. Who cares if the players believe he is a joke? There have been many successful coaches whom the players believed were jokes.

The problem with Boylen has little to do with the things that you cited it has to do with him coaching NBA players as if he is still coaching in college.

There is no reason for Ryan Arcienado to play 15-20 minutes a game. No need really for him to play at all. There was no reason to bench Jabari Parker when he was clearly better than the guys (Holiday, Blakeney, Hutchinson, Shaq Harrison Bobby Portis) that were playing in front of him.

There is no reason for Sato to be playing in front of Kris Dunn currently either. Boylen's try hard rah rah bullshit is the garbage that you see in college. It doesn't work in the NBA. You play your talent and hope for the best. He has never done that.

As far as rotations goes he has pretty much stuck with the same rotations since he has been the coach of the team. He runs the same guys out there and they play the same amount of minutes each game whether they are playing well or not.

When he was at Utah there was a mutiny and that is why they got rid of him. Nothing about this clown has ever suggested that he should be a head coach in the NBA.

How dare you :twisted: I say if Embiid remained injured it was a wasted pick and you just say I said a wasted pick ..so who you crsppin???

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:28 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

FavreFan wrote:

How dare you :twisted: I say if Embiid remained injured it was a wasted pick and you just say I said a wasted pick ..so who you crsppin???

Lying central today. Hard to keep up at this point.

Here is your original post

Embiid hasn't proven he can play 75-82 games a year until he does that is just a wasted pick.

Embiid has yet to play in 75 games. Do you still consider him to be a "wasted pick"?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:30 pm 

:lol: I quoted your exact post.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:35 pm 

I dunno, McAdoo seems like he was a stretch four. what's so funny about that?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
:lol: I quoted your exact post.

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Here is the actual quote and your response. Your response had nothing to do with my point.

Good college coaches don't get fired unless they get caught cheating. Bad ones do however. Boylen was run out of Utah.

Program was garbage and all of players were transferring. What about that suggested to GarPax that yeah "we got to get this guy"

Secondly since you are so sure that good college coaches get fired all the time then maybe you can provide an example? Good coaches that get whacked for things related to performance.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:41 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

Whats funny about it was that his career %from 3 is 2 points higher than Kareem's who shot 6% from 3.

8% higher than Ben Simmons who idiot Walt repeatedly lets the world know "can't shoot" all the time.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:41 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

he never saw him play

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Bulls should give Pippen a chance to coach.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:48 pm 

McAdoo was known as one of the smoothest shooters around. nobody shot 3-pointers back then. only in desperation.

ah, the good old days.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:52 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

he never saw him play

I actually did see him play and he was never anything more than a mid range jump shooter.

You might want to give the "i'm an authority simply because I happened to be lurking around basketball since the era of the peach basket" routine a rest. It validates nothing.

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:53 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
McAdoo was known as one of the smoothest shooters around. nobody shot 3-pointers back then. only in desperation.

ah, the good old days.

He can't be a stretch four if the only stretching he's doing is in pre game warmups.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next