It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:49 pm 

When the Bulls retained failed College Coach Jim Boylen they let the world know that there weren't serious about winning. There is enough talent to beat the teams they lost to. But unfortunately they are beset by this raging idiot who persists in coaching as if he is still at Utah. Try hard guys that aren't talented don't win in the NBA. Talented guys that try hard do.

Arch, Starting Satoransky and the rationing of minutes as if everyone is of equal a ability is stupid.
And no Coby White isn't ready to be the best player on the team either.

Looking more and more like the erratic gunner that i remember from watching him in the summer.

Make him the 6th or 7th man but handing the team over to him is silly.

The other problem is Porter. Highest paid player on the team yet no one expects him no higher than the 4th best player on the team.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
long time guy wrote:
When the Bulls retained failed College Coach Jim Boylen they let the world know that there weren't serious about winning. There is enough talent to beat the teams they lost to. But unfortunately they are beset by this raging idiot who persists in coaching as if he is still at Utah. Try hard guys that aren't talented don't win in the NBA. Talented guys that try hard do.

Arch, Starting Satoransky and the rationing of minutes as if everyone is of equal a ability is stupid.

Looking more and more like the erratic gunner that i remember from watching him in the summer.

The other problem is Porter. Highest paid player on the team yet no one expects him no higher than the 4th best player on the team.

Shaq Harrison, Gaddford, and even Dunn to an extent all need to be getting more burn. And when he's back Hutchison should eat Porter's minutes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:54 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Shaq Harrison, Gaddford, and even Dunn to an extent all need to be getting more burn. And when he's back Hutchison should eat Porter's minutes

Which guys need to sit in your opinion? Or have their minutes cut?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:55 pm 

Lavine, Porter, and T. Young. Need more defenders.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Lavine, Porter, and T. Young. Need more defenders.

Ok. Fair enough. I'm willing to listen on Lavine. He has to be in that 23-25 range to justify his status as the guy offensively. If he is only providing 16 ppg then he needs to have his role redefined.

He hasn't really looked the same offensively since Boylen became coach to me.

Last edited by long time guy on Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:58 pm 

But maybe not a bad idea to be shit again and in the lottery...maybe you get La'Melo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I think the problem is that management actually hates NBA basketball players, what with all their tats and "bad attitudes". They want to coach a team of 12 Archidiacanos. YES SIR! NO SIR!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hatchetman wrote:
I think the problem is that management actually hates NBA basketball players, what with all their tats and "bad attitudes". They want to coach a team of 12 Archidiacanos. YES SIR! NO SIR!

Zero question about this

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:21 pm 

OK, so Otto Porter has a bone bruise and is out for a few more weeks. Now Hutchison has shin splints and is out "for a while." What a shitshow. What's the lineup going to be tonight?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
They'll start 3 guards.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Let me start this by saying I haven't watched a literal minute of Bulls basketball this season. I have a job that doesn't let me stay up late this year. However:

I'm a big Duke fan, and while I liked the pick, Carter is just a guy. A glue guy perhaps but nothing special.

My brother is a Arizona fan and he had one word for Markkanen. Soft. And that's what he is.

Porter was a decent player. Apparently he isn't anymore?

Lavine is exactly what he was before. Not sure what anyone expected there too...

Apparently the rookie is good?

How did anyone expect this team to be any good?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:32 pm 

If players on the team had not regressed, the Bulls could have competed for a bad playoff seed in the Eastern Conference.

But Lauri and Porter have regressed or are battling injuries, and what Thaddeus Young offers is really good for good teams, but he isn't a difference maker on bad teams. Another Draymond Green type player, if you will.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:44 pm 

Lavine and Mark were supposed to step up to near All-star level. Porter is a good player when healthy. WCJ is a good defender/rebounder. Sato was supposed to be a solid two way player. The only guy really holding up his end of the bargain is WCJ.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:06 pm 

Satoransky has been the exact player this year that he has been the last few. If the Bulls expected some large leap from him, that is their problem.

He is another decent rotational piece. In today's NBA, that is what $10M gets you.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
This is so dumb. Gar sucks but we've already received every indication that his role's been reduced in the organization. Even their reasons for making him the fall guy are reducible to petty personal drama (was too aloof at Luol Deng tribute :roll: ), rather than the fact that he should have been sent packing as soon as his boy from Iowa was. And in case you were doubting that this was anything other than shuffling deck chairs:
Quote:
So why Forman and not Paxson, or Boylen for that matter?

Like vice president of baseball operations Ken Williams with the White Sox, Paxson is all but untouchable in Reinsdorf’s eyes. To put it in perspective, Williams once vouched for the hiring of good friend Dave Wilder when Williams was still in the GM role, gave Wilder an open checkbook to sign international prospects, only to find out after a federal investigation that Wilder was extorting money from the organization.

While Wilder served time, Williams was promoted to executive, giving him a pay bump and better parking spot, completely escaping a fireable offense by the standards of most organizations.

Paxson’s done nothing to that extreme.

And what about Boylen? What Boylen has on his side is the others in the organization that agreed to extend his contract for three years. That included not only Forman, Paxson and Collins, but team president Michael Reinsdorf and Jerry, himself.

Boylen is well respected by the entire braintrust, while Forman is not.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
And this is why the Bulls are the Bulls.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Gar Forman, The Decider, is under the gun.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:
And this is why the Bulls are the Bulls.

And the Sox are the Sox. :x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
This seemed like the best thread for this:

Fantastic mentality, really demonstrates you're a top 3 market and a franchise with history. I even think some of these quotes are a bit unfair to LaVine, but this is another illustration of how pathetic this front office is.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
"We got 3 guys that could score 23 pts a game if you let them play reckless, handle the ball half the time and shoot whenever the mood strikes them. It's losing basketball. Surprise, they stink."

:lol: Would love to hear their opinion on Boylen!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
i don't think there's a bigger Foreman hater than me but i don't get why it's an issue that the FO is promoting Lavine. There doesn't necessarily have to be some ulterior motive underneath it - it could be that they're just promoting their guy. Isn't this standard?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:54 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
i don't think there's a bigger Foreman hater than me but i don't get why it's an issue that the FO is promoting Lavine. There doesn't necessarily have to be some ulterior motive underneath it - it could be that they're just promoting their guy. Isn't this standard?

They're hosting the ASG this year. Of course they want one of their own players on the roster for all star weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:02 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

If you're an individual in a position where you think your company may go in a different direction, you find ways to highlight the positives of your past performance and try to spin away negatives.

Bulls's recent history includes taking on or signing bad contracts, not getting equal value back in trades, and drafting at a 'fine but not good' level.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
IMU wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

If you're an individual in a position where you think your company may go in a different direction, you find ways to highlight the positives of your past performance and try to spin away negatives.

Bulls's recent history includes taking on or signing bad contracts, not getting equal value back in trades, and drafting at a 'fine but not good' level.

For sure, they do that every offseason, especially since Gar got rid of Thibs since it's been all downhill from there. The most egregious part was the hiring of Hoiberg and then defense of the hiring of Hoiberg when everyone realized he sucked.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:24 pm 

Yes, I forgot to mention and you highlighted the two consecutive awful coaching hires.

Now you're spending money Reinsdorf and the business allocated to the sales/marketing departments to try to spin all of the bad moves made.