All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:06 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
https://www.bleachernation.com/bulls/20 ... N1IweCMfHY

WE SHALL SEE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Caller Bob wrote:
https://www.bleachernation.com/bulls/2020/01/09/david-kaplan-has-heard-there-will-finally-be-massive-changes-coming-to-bulls-organization/?fbclid=IwAR3D-DQdnttXh1sph2JYN5irPqhypK5aMXCIdvpIdUT9uLQhSN1IweCMfHY

WE SHALL SEE

Moving Gar to head of scouting. Problem solved.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
I doubt Bernstein and Julie have sources as they claim. I would think Kap does.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Caller Bob wrote:
https://www.bleachernation.com/bulls/2020/01/09/david-kaplan-has-heard-there-will-finally-be-massive-changes-coming-to-bulls-organization/?fbclid=IwAR3D-DQdnttXh1sph2JYN5irPqhypK5aMXCIdvpIdUT9uLQhSN1IweCMfHY

WE SHALL SEE

New coach, GM, scouting, etc. except for Paxson. Paxson should be moved to a Sr. advisor/ambassador role at this point; seems like the job is destroying his health.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
vitoscotti wrote:
I doubt Bernstein and Julie have sources as they claim. I would think Kap does.
Unless his "League source" is one of the Reinsdorfs, who would have that kind of knowledge? Maybe St. Louis Bull man, but other than that it seems fishy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:26 pm 

Paxson recently sold his Pulte-like house. Not sure if he has another one here. Might be related.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th

I'm sure having the opportunity to report to a completely unaccountable Paxson will certainly produce some amazing candidates.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Paxson was fine as a GM. Draft picks instantly got worse when he was moved.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:58 pm 

Everything is on the table....well except for real change. We will just keep basically the same set up

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 am 

Nas wrote:

Incorrect. Butler was a Gar pick and was better than any pick Paxson ever made outside of Rose (and I'd say it's outright far better due to draft position). Regardless I have no idea why anyone would continue to pretend that Paxson's still good or would be acceptable as GM when his fingerprints are all over the current abomination, including the buffoon of a head coach.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:24 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:

Incorrect. Butler was a Gar pick and was better than any pick Paxson ever made outside of Rose (and I'd say it's outright far better due to draft position). Regardless I have no idea why anyone would continue to pretend that Paxson's still good or would be acceptable as GM when his fingerprints are all over the current abomination, including the buffoon of a head coach.

this. don't forget the horrific free ajent signings like Jabari.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:20 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:

this. don't forget the horrific free ajent signings like Jabari.

John Paxson's draft record is much better than Gar's.
Derrick Rose
Ben Gordon
Joakim Noah
Luol Deng
Kirk Hinrich

Jimmy Butler is the only player of note during the Gar Era and Gar has been running drafts for a much longer period of time. They also never won a playoff series with Butler as the best man and haven't surpassed .500 with players that weren't part of the Paxson core with Gar at the helm.

I agree that both have to go at this point but Paxson was damn good when he ran the show. He built that team from nothing and had them in the playoffs a year or two after taking over. No one knows for sure when Gar's team will make it there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:23 am 

The NBA 20 years ago is like the difference between a Model T and a Tesla.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:58 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
The NBA 20 years ago is like the difference between a Model T and a Tesla.

Basketball is basketball. Paxson's teams were much more competitive. Gar's teams are searching for a new identity each and every season.

He is clueless. I say this knowing that both need to go by the way.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:03 pm 

I suspect Gar has been pretty much sidelined for the past couple of years anyway, but I'm not sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:09 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
I suspect Gar has been pretty much sidelined for the past couple of years anyway, but I'm not sure.

Its hard to really tell who happens to be calling the shots with the Bulls these days. I'm sure that is the way Paxson wants to play it. It was easier about 6-7 years ago. THere were certain players (Snell, McDermott) who you just knew were Gar type of players. Now it is not as easy. The drafts have been bad but the inability to identify NBA caliber talent has been worse. How do you let Dinwiddie get away? There are a number of guys floating around the league that the Bulls could have got for little or nothing and didn't.

That is the most maddening thing for me. More than the bad drafts, lack of free agent signings etc. THat is squarely on the Front Office. There are no excuses for that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Butler pick was Paxson's work. It fit what he had done the years before. Look at all of the picks that followed. Outside of the Tyrus Thomas reach, Paxson did a great job drafting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Its hard to really tell who happens to be calling the shots with the Bulls these days. I'm sure that is the way Paxson wants to play it. It was easier about 6-7 years ago. THere were certain players (Snell, McDermott) who you just knew were Gar type of players. Now it is not as easy. The drafts have been bad but the inability to identify NBA caliber talent has been worse. How do you let Dinwiddie get away? There are a number of guys floating around the league that the Bulls could have got for little or nothing and didn't.

That is the most maddening thing for me. More than the bad drafts, lack of free agent signings etc. THat is squarely on the Front Office. There are no excuses for that.

Yeah this is why I'm basically hesitant to recognize a concrete break between eras, as doing so seems only to absolve Paxson of blame he should fully take. He at bare minimum co-signed all the stuff that was Gar's call or simply didn't care enough to stop him. After 2016 he declared he'd be taking a more active role in the Bulls' day-to-day operations, and then when they got bounced in the playoffs, he declared in 2017 he'd be taking on a more active role. By all accounts Gar was knocked down the totem pole ages ago, but even before that point, Paxson had the final call on pretty much everything anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:26 pm 

Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Butler pick was Paxson's work. It fit what he had done the years before. Look at all of the picks that followed. Outside of the Tyrus Thomas reach, Paxson did a great job drafting.

We've been over this before but it's mighty convenient to credit non-GM Paxson for the best pick the Bulls have made in the last 20 years, especially right after declaring that the picks immediately went down in quality when he was no longer GM. I see no reason whatsoever to give Paxson the credit for that one over Gar or Matt Lloyd unless one is wed to the narrative that all the good things about the last 17 years of the Bulls should be credited to Pax and all the bad things to Gar.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:

We've been over this before but it's mighty convenient to credit non-GM Paxson for the best pick the Bulls have made in the last 20 years, especially right after declaring that the picks immediately went down in quality when he was no longer GM. I see no reason whatsoever to give Paxson the credit for that one over Gar or Matt Lloyd unless one is wed to the narrative that all the good things about the last 17 years of the Bulls should be credited to Pax and all the bad things to Gar.

Trends matter. Paxson had 1 awful pick during his run and the same year he is promoted they drafted Butler. Every year since the Bulls haven't had a good draft. Gar is the problem and Michael is finally going to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:49 pm 

Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
Nas wrote:

Trends matter. Paxson had 1 awful pick during his run and the same year he is promoted they drafted Butler. Every year since the Bulls haven't had a good draft. Gar is the problem and Michael is finally going to get rid of him.

Butler was drafted 2 years after Gar became GM. Practically every source agrees that Gar has already been demoted and even before that point, as a I noted above, Paxson was co-signing all of the moves we're attributing to Gar. Paxson is equally the problem and they both need to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:18 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Yeah this is why I'm basically hesitant to recognize a concrete break between eras, as doing so seems only to absolve Paxson of blame he should fully take. He at bare minimum co-signed all the stuff that was Gar's call or simply didn't care enough to stop him. After 2016 he declared he'd be taking a more active role in the Bulls' day-to-day operations, and then when they got bounced in the playoffs, he declared in 2017 he'd be taking on a more active role. By all accounts Gar was knocked down the totem pole ages ago, but even before that point, Paxson had the final call on pretty much everything anyway.

My main reason for wanting Paxson out now (And you know that I was a big supporter of his for a long time) is two fold.
1. He has been in the job too long.

2. And more importantly it is clear that there is no direction or vision for the franchise. Hiring Boylen is evidence of the that.

They fired Hoiberg and immediately signaled that they wanted to get rid of "pace and space" and become a "power team". Then this season they came in boasting about their commitment to shooting 3 point shots. They do not even know what sort of player that they want to acquire.

They claimed that they were going to upgrade the PG position only to draft an undersized shooting guard and sign a back up point guard. Huh? They have no size at all upfront. Probably not a true center on the roster.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm surprised there is even a debate on this. Both Paxson and Forman need to go.

Paxson has been on the job 16 years and is no closer to a title than when he started. It's comical he's been allowed to keep his job.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:24 pm 
100000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
I'm surprised there is even a debate on this. Both Paxson and Forman need to go.

Paxson has been on the job 16 years and is no closer to a title than when he started. It's comical he's been allowed to keep his job.

Paxson is Kenny Williams without the championship. He's family and he had success in the role. Uncle Jerry will never fire them. Make them do the job if you won't fire them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:26 pm 

Paxson is Reinsdorfs' only connection in the NBA. Can't get rid of him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Hatchetman wrote:
Paxson recently sold his Pulte-like house. Not sure if he has another one here. Might be related.

Wish I had known!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:35 pm 

Nas wrote:
Paxson is Kenny Williams without the championship.

I'm pretty sure this is why he's still there and will be there for life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Nas wrote:
Paxson is Kenny Williams without the championship. He's family and he had success in the role.

Going 16 years without a title is not having success. It's having longevity.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

Peoria Matt wrote:
Nas wrote:
Paxson is Kenny Williams without the championship. He's family and he had success in the role.

When you went nearly 100 years without one it could be seen as success. Reinsdorf is extremely loyal to both men. As long as he's alive both will be executives.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Nas wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Nas wrote:

When you went nearly 100 years without one it could be seen as success. Reinsdorf is extremely loyal to both men. As long as he's alive both will be executives.

I don't think Gar would receive the same loyalty as Pax.

Gar is there to shield Pax. Massive changes stopping at Gar.....it is possible, but I'll believe it when it happens.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.