It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lavine off limits?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:30 pm 

No one on this team should be off limits. You are not winning shit with Lavine as your best player.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Post subject: Re: Lavine off limits?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:47 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Stupidity by the Bulls

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:51 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Nobody would give up anything good for him anyways. No such thing as a fair trade in the NBA.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:30 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
What are you going to get, a low first? Not worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:50 am 

conns7901 wrote:

No one on this team should be off limits. You are not winning shit with Lavine as your best player.

While I agree with that he is a helluva bargain at 20 mil per year. Have to match salaries and there are number of guys making 20 mil per year that are essentially stealing money. He isn't. That is part of the problem. GarPax would have to be really really creative in order to get something of value back for him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

While I agree with that he is a helluva bargain at 20 mil per year. Have to match salaries and there are number of guys making 20 mil per year that are essentially stealing money. He isn't. That is part of the problem. GarPax would have to be really really creative in order to get something of value back for him.

First rounder and expiring contract. I don't really consider that needing to be 'really, really creative' as that same trade is done multiple times per year.

Example:

Memphis are in the 8th spot in the West and Iggy is unhappy.

Bulls get: Iggy and mid 1st round pick in 2020
Grizzlies get: Lavine

Bulls can then release Iggy, and he signs with the Lakers. The Grizzlies pick has a small chance to become a lottery pick. Grizzlies might Top 10 protect it or something.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:59 am 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

First rounder and expiring contract. I don't really consider that needing to be 'really, really creative' as that same trade is done multiple times per year.

First rounder could be a 28th pick. What does that do for you? Or it could be Coby White which does nothing either.

Lavine has value. .

Last edited by long time guy on Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:59 am 

Lavine is a solid #2 under cost control. He's the face of the franchise to kids and casual fans. He's worth way more than that to the Bulls organization. They should build a team around him and win 45 games, never sniff a title and make money. Ownership is not tanking again. no way. The Stadium is 25% empty as is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Antarctica wrote:
Nobody would give up anything good for him anyways. No such thing as a fair trade in the NBA.

Paul George for 73 first round picks and SGA was a solid trade for both teams

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
Stupidity by the Bulls

It's infuriating. This is the least amount of attention I can ever remember paying to the Bulls and it's sad. They're one of the most incompetent franchises in pro sports and it all comes back to Jerry. I really can't wait til that motherfucker dies. It will be a glorious day.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Stupidity by the Bulls

It's infuriating. This is the least amount of attention I can ever remember paying to the Bulls and it's sad. They're one of the most incompetent franchises in pro sports and it all comes back to Jerry. I really can't wait til that motherfucker dies. It will be a glorious day.

his son seems way more incompetent than him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

First rounder could be a 28th pick. .

You think memphis is gonna finish with a top 3 record? That's a bold call Cotton

To rock my soul

Hatchetman wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Stupidity by the Bulls

his son seems way more incompetent than him.

Family plane crash solves our problems

To rock my soul

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Gar Foreman should never come within five miles of a basketball.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:05 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Example:

Bulls can then release Iggy, and he signs with the Lakers. The Grizzlies pick has a small chance to become a lottery pick. Grizzlies might Top 10 protect it or something.

Trading Lavine for a Mid round pick is silly. Lavine is an established NBA player. A mid first round pick might be McDermott or Thibs drafted washout Justin Patton.

Lavine on a team with a better record would have been an All Star this year. He isn't the problem. The Bulls have a number of overrated guys coupled with the dumbest coach in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

You think memphis is gonna finish with a top 3 record? That's a bold call Cotton

Providing credence and credibility for anything pondered by IMU (which you obviously do) is what's bold. That is a stupid trade proposal.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Trade him, don't trade him. It doesn't matter. They can't draft, they can't get FAs, and they can't coach.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:13 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Trade him, don't trade him. It doesn't matter. They can't draft, they can't get FAs, and they can't coach.

That is the problem and that is why the smart move is to keep him. Lavine is the least of their problems.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Speaking of Lavine, he is the 12th player who will have competed in both the slam-dunk and 3-point contests. Spiegel had the full list and was asking Parkins and the producers for their guesses on who the other players were (some of whom were forgettable). They went on for several minutes, with Spiegel giving hints. When everyone finally gave up, he listed the remaining two or three names, but caught himself as he apparently hadn't seen Michael Jordan until that point..."oh yeah, that's kind of a big one."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Lavine on a team with a better record would have been an All Star this year. He isn't the problem. The Bulls have a number of overrated guys coupled with the dumbest coach in the league.

Lavine on a team with a better record is not scoring 20 PPG or maintaining his rebound and assist numbers. You constantly bring up Trae Young's scoring being a product of his terrible team. How do you ignore that with Lavine?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Speaking of Lavine, he is the 12th player who will have competed in both the slam-dunk and 3-point contests. Spiegel had the full list and was asking Parkins and the producers for their guesses on who the other players were (some of whom were forgettable). They went on for several minutes, with Spiegel giving hints. When everyone finally gave up, he listed the remaining two or three names, but caught himself as he apparently hadn't seen Michael Jordan until that point..."oh yeah, that's kind of a big one."

That was dumb to have him participate in the three point contest. Playing close to the three point bomb/analytics era helped Kobe develop into a better long range shooter than MJ.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
The only benefit to trading Lavine is going into a super awful tank to secure a top 3 pick but with the new draft rules does it even matter? I'd rather keep him, he's the only fun player to watch on this team.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:52 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The only benefit to trading Lavine is going into a super awful tank to secure a top 3 pick but with the new draft rules does it even matter? I'd rather keep him, he's the only fun player to watch on this team.

Too late to tank now anyway. Supposing you wound up with someone as good as Lavine with the 5-6th pick you'd call it a home run.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Example:

If this actually happened, the Bulls would keep Iggy , start him and play him 40 minutes a night

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Either way, the Bulls have hit on more 30th overall picks than top 10 picks in the last decade.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Hatchetman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Too late to tank now anyway. Supposing you wound up with someone as good as Lavine with the 5-6th pick you'd call it a home run.

A player under 25, averaging 24PPG on a decent contract?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:04 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:

That is the problem and that is why the smart move is to keep him. Lavine is the least of their problems.

I s'pose. Don't really care until GarPax is gone. Bulls are just not interesting enough to even think about. Except for maybe Boylen. He's kinda interesting in a meatball way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:06 pm 

Supposing* the Bulls are going to get a new GM...it should be his/her decision anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:08 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
Supposing* the Bulls are going to get a new GM...it should be his/her decision anyway.

That's hopefully what's going on here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:10 pm 

IMU wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Either way, the Bulls have hit on more 30th overall picks than top 10 picks in the last decade.

That sure is a ringing endorsement for making the trade. Thanks.