It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Lavine off limits?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:15 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

No one on this team should be off limits. You are not winning shit with Lavine as your best player.

While I agree with that he is a helluva bargain at 20 mil per year. Have to match salaries and there are number of guys making 20 mil per year that are essentially stealing money. He isn't. That is part of the problem. GarPax would have to be really really creative in order to get something of value back for him.

First rounder and expiring contract. I don't really consider that needing to be 'really, really creative' as that same trade is done multiple times per year.

Example:

Memphis are in the 8th spot in the West and Iggy is unhappy.

Bulls get: Iggy and mid 1st round pick in 2020
Grizzlies get: Lavine

Bulls can then release Iggy, and he signs with the Lakers. The Grizzlies pick has a small chance to become a lottery pick. Grizzlies might Top 10 protect it or something.

Awful idea, Bulls trade their best player who's not over paid for the 20th pick.. GTFO here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Keep him. Zach Lavine is your best player. Proceed with a bunch of 25-win teams. The Bulls aren't competing for shit before 2022-23, when Zach Lavine will no longer be under contract.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:24 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Lavine on a team with a better record would have been an All Star this year. He isn't the problem. The Bulls have a number of overrated guys coupled with the dumbest coach in the league.

Lavine on a team with a better record is not scoring 20 PPG or maintaining his rebound and assist numbers. You constantly bring up Trae Young's scoring being a product of his terrible team. How do you ignore that with Lavine?

Lavine's record is much better than Trae Young's. That is why I ignore Trae Young. If Trae's team had 19-20 wins then it is a conversation. They only have 10 with him suiting up and they have the worst point differential in the league. Lavine's team has been much more competitive and he plays for a coach that is an utter idiot. Plus he has had to play with key guys out all year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:31 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Lavine on a team with a better record would have been an All Star this year. He isn't the problem. The Bulls have a number of overrated guys coupled with the dumbest coach in the league.

Lavine on a team with a better record is not scoring 20 PPG or maintaining his rebound and assist numbers. You constantly bring up Trae Young's scoring being a product of his terrible team. How do you ignore that with Lavine?

Lavine's record is much better than Trae Young's. That is why I ignore Trae Young. If Trae's team had 19-20 wins then it is a conversation. They only have 10 with him suiting up and they have the worst point differential in the league. Lavine's team has been much more competitive and he plays for a coach that is an utter idiot. Plus he has had to play with key guys out all year.

What do you think the Timberwolves were in 2014-15 and 2015-16, Lavine's first two seasons? In those two seasons, the Wolves COMBINED for 45 total wins. Trae Young's first two seasons are significantly better than Zach Lavine's first two seasons, when both players played for equally awful teams. This leads reasonable people to project that Trae Young will continue improving and develop into a top NBA player. So I believe this discounts your theory about Trae Young being a bust.

Regarding which team has a worse record, the Atlanta Hawks are intelligently going after another top draft pick. The Bulls are stupidly competing for the 9th seed. We're not looking at team record's in Lavine's 6th season and Young's 2nd season to determine which player is better, or which player might be better in 2 years from now.

But the answer to that is Trae Young.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:41 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Stupidity by the Bulls

It's infuriating. This is the least amount of attention I can ever remember paying to the Bulls and it's sad. They're one of the most incompetent franchises in pro sports and it all comes back to Jerry. I really can't wait til that motherfucker dies. It will be a glorious day.
Do you now see why the Chris Sale trade was the right move?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:46 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

What do you think the Timberwolves were in 2014-15 and 2015-16, Lavine's first two seasons? In those two seasons, the Wolves COMBINED for 45 total wins. Trae Young's first two seasons are significantly better than Zach Lavine's first two seasons, when both players played for equally awful teams. This leads reasonable people to project that Trae Young will continue improving and develop into a top NBA player. So I believe this discounts your theory about Trae Young being a bust.

Regarding which team has a worse record, the Atlanta Hawks are intelligently going after another top draft pick. The Bulls are stupidly competing for the 9th seed. We're not looking at team record's in Lavine's 6th season and Young's 2nd season to determine which player is better, or which player might be better in 2 years from now.

Carmelo Anthony won significantly more games in his first 2 seasons than Trae Young yet all you ever do is bash him. In a significantly better conf. His team improved by the same number of games that Trae's total from last year happened to be. In a better conf.

In Lavine's defense his team also played in a much better Conf and he wasn't considered the better player.

Trae Young's team is the worst team in the NBA. There is nothing to suggest that his team won't be among the worst going forward.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:27 pm 

IMU wrote:

Atlanta is actually attempting to win games this season. The reason that they aren't is because they have a point guard that doesn't much contribute to it.

Its a convenient out to suggest that they are "intelligently going after the top pick". This only became your play once they consistently posted the worse record in the NBA. They are trying to win but you can't when your best player is the worst defensive player the NBA has ever seen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:35 pm 

312player wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

No one on this team should be off limits. You are not winning shit with Lavine as your best player.

While I agree with that he is a helluva bargain at 20 mil per year. Have to match salaries and there are number of guys making 20 mil per year that are essentially stealing money. He isn't. That is part of the problem. GarPax would have to be really really creative in order to get something of value back for him.

First rounder and expiring contract. I don't really consider that needing to be 'really, really creative' as that same trade is done multiple times per year.

Example:

Bulls can then release Iggy, and he signs with the Lakers. The Grizzlies pick has a small chance to become a lottery pick. Grizzlies might Top 10 protect it or something.

Awful idea, Bulls trade their best player who's not over paid for the 20th pick.. GTFO here.

Consider the source. Its from amongst this crowd that you get such nuggets as "Jordan Bell is a steal"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:47 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Carmelo Anthony won significantly more games in his first 2 seasons than Trae Young yet all you ever do is bash him. In a significantly better conf. His team improved by the same number of games that Trae's total from last year happened to be. In a better conf.

In Lavine's defense his team also played in a much better Conf and he wasn't considered the better player.

Trae Young's team is the worst team in the NBA. There is nothing to suggest that his team won't be among the worst going forward.

We've already discussed Carmelo's Denver years at length. You've chosen to ignore all of the information.

I never said Denver Carmelo sucked. I've never viewed him in the negative light you view Trae Young. I just knew to never put Carmelo into the same category as Kobe, LeBron, Wade and others.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:48 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Consider the source. Its from amongst this crowd that you get such nuggets as "Jordan Bell is a steal"

You mean the Jordan Bell that the Rockets just traded for to strengthen their front court depth? NBA Champion Jordan Bell?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:52 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You mean the Jordan Bell that the Rockets just traded for to strengthen their front court depth? NBA Champion Jordan Bell?

Nah the salary cap match, NBA league minimum, walking- talking DNP-CD Jordan Bell. Yeah that guy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:54 pm 

Is there a trade market currently for Coby White? Have to get something before the rest of the league figures out that he stinks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

Atlanta is actually attempting to win games this season. The reason that they aren't is because they have a point guard that doesn't much contribute to it.

Its a convenient out to suggest that they are "intelligently going after the top pick". This only became your play once they consistently posted the worse record in the NBA. They are trying to win but you can't when your best player is the worst defensive player the NBA has ever seen.

How do you not realize it's a work in progress? He's 21 and everyone else that matters is 23 or under. What you're seeing is a college team playing in a man's league. Yeah, I'm disgusted they give up 130 a game, and Young is a giant part of that, probably the biggest, but they're just pups. They aren't men yet. They are for the most part, just out there feeling around for a toe hold. You are like Bobby Knight stringent with this team when you aren't with other teams. Look at the hot mess Philly is. They can't even figure out a 2-3 zone.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:05 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

How do you not realize it's a work in progress? He's 21 and everyone else that matters is 23 or under. What you're seeing is a college team playing in a man's league. Yeah, I'm disgusted they give up 130 a game, and Young is a giant part of that, probably the biggest, but they're just pups. They aren't men yet. They are for the most part, just out there feeling around for a toe hold. You are like Bobby Knight stringent with this team when you aren't with other teams. Look at the hot mess Philly is. They can't even figure out a 2-3 zone.

A guy as great as Trae as reputed to be shouldn't be losing in the way that he loses.

There are teams with much worse talent that have better record.

Atlanta's team record will be worse this year (with far better talent) than it was 2 seasons ago. How can that be with Trae and all of the "great moves" that continuously make?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

they strengthened their front court depth by trading Capella ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

A guy as great as Trae as reputed to be shouldn't be losing in the way that he loses.

Atlanta's team record will be worse this year (with far better talent) than it was 2 seasons ago. How can that be with Trae and all of the "great moves" that continuously make?

You've said nothing that refutes what I said. How Trae is viewed is beside the point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
long time guy wrote:
That is why I ignore Trae Young.
:lol: :lol: You have MANY posts in a thirty page thread dedicated to Trae Young that says otherwise.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:30 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
long time guy wrote:
That is why I ignore Trae Young.
:lol: :lol: You have MANY posts in a thirty page thread dedicated to Trae Young that says otherwise.

Taken out of context. Shocking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:44 pm 

Bagels wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

By acquiring both Covington and Bell. Capela is a fine NBA player, but he owes quite a bit to the team he was on and who he was playing with. He also prevented the Rockets from getting some of the space they're looking for on the offensive end.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:53 pm 

IMU wrote:
Bagels wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

By acquiring both Covington and Bell. Capela is a fine NBA player, but he owes quite a bit to the team he was on and who he was playing with. He also prevented the Rockets from getting some of the space they're looking for on the offensive end.

Jordan Bell was a spot player (At Best) on a team currently on a 12 game losing streak. No one knows this better than Bagels being a true Wolves fan. He also was a guy that had a number of DNP-CDs on his books. This was the case even while Towns was out. Houston will either make another move (likely) or pick someone up on the waiver wire. There is no way in hell that Jordan Bell will be the starting center on game 1 of the playoffs unless the starting center is hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

Keep talking shit about WWN :lol: this is the a scribe for a major paper :lol: fuck off

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:56 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

You've said nothing that refutes what I said. How Trae is viewed is beside the point.

You know why i don't do it with Philly? Because for the first 2 seasons (Full) That Embiid and Simmons played their team won 50 games or better.

Their team made the Second Round of the playoffs both seasons.

They lost to a team that won the championship in a Game 7 on one of the flukiest shots that you will ever see.

If the worst you can say about Embiid or Simmons is that they won't win a championship then you aren't really saying much.

Philly and Atlanta aren't even in the same stratosphere.

When they are considered to play terribly their team still wins 50+ games.

At no point since Embiid and Simmons began playing regularly have they been the worst team in the league.

Embiid was load managed and that still wasn't the case.

The guys on here constantly bash Melo yet Melo's team made the playoffs the first 9 years of his career. In a tougher league.

No one knows when Trae's will scratch .500 all they keep doing is making excuses about the supporting cast.

If he is the best player and a great player as so many keep chirping about then his team should be better simply because he is on it and playing.

They also should not be the doormat of the league either.

Ja Morant made Memphis better simply by being on the roster and playing well. In a tougher league.

Trae's team are the league doormats. That should never be the case if he is really all that great.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:01 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:

Keep talking shit about WWN :lol: this is the a scribe for a major paper :lol: fuck off

More mindless trade speculation. Sure that is the way to make them better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I hate the front office but this doesn't really bother me all that much. I very much doubt that he's completely off limits and think it's more likely this is just grandstanding in response to the excluisvely crappy offers they'll be getting for him. Or maybe I'm just numb from so many worse moves and non-moves they've made to get to this point.

It's a bigger pity that Lauri is effectively off limits too since they've tanked his value so much under Boylen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:30 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Example:

Memphis doesn't even have a first this year, Boston owns it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:59 pm 

312player wrote:
long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:
IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Example:

Memphis doesn't even have a first this year, Boston owns it.

See what i mean by mindless trade speculation?

Trade Zach Lavine as part of a salary dump so that Coby White can get more playing time.

Yeah that will surely make the Bulls better.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nas wrote:
Stupidity by the Bulls

It's infuriating. This is the least amount of attention I can ever remember paying to the Bulls and it's sad. They're one of the most incompetent franchises in pro sports and it all comes back to Jerry. I really can't wait til that motherfucker dies. It will be a glorious day.
Do you now see why the Chris Sale trade was the right move?

You’re comparing a zero time All Star to a 7 year All Star? Why?

If Lavine was even close to becoming as good as Sale was then I wouldn’t want to trade him either.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:37 pm 

I wouldn't trade him. Everyone is too young to make long term decisions right now. He will probably be more valuable trade wise next year or so anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:38 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
I wouldn't trade him. Everyone is too young to make long term decisions right now. He will probably be more valuable trade wise next year or so anyway.

He will never be putting up better numbers than he is right now, or be on a more team friendly contract. The stars have aligned.

And we have a shit front office so he will be here on Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Dude he’s not that great. You’re not going to get anything inneresting