It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:49 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Yeah I don't see Thibs being a head coach in Chicago.

He would be best served as being an assistant coach focused on defense. He would excel in that role. But that won't be in Chicago.

Doubt seriously that he even gets an interview. Its Cowley's way of trying to keep him relevant. "Wins (.48% winning percentage in Minnesota) everywhere he goes"

Sure he does.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:49 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
long time guy wrote:
If there ever was any doubt as to whether Cowley is a shill for Thibs there shouldn't be anymore.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2020 ... ains-fluid

Quote:

If he does pull the plug on Boylen and the coach’s .317 winning percentage (39-84), here are three names to watch:

Kenny Atkinson — The former Nets head coach knows rebuilds and player development, and there’s no doubt he will attract interest from multiple places this offseason. His name floated around the Bulls when he was fired last month, but that was from outside speculation rather than anything substantial from inside.

Adrian Griffin — The former Bulls assistant — now an assistant in Toronto — has been praised by many as being more than ready and capable to lead his own team. His reputation is that of a perfect mix of being a players’ coach, but at the same time having a disciplined hand in the way he teaches and mentors. There’s been smoke around him being a Bulls candidate.

Tom Thibodeau — Much like a shark is put in the ocean to only swim and eat, Thibodeau was made a coach to win games. That’s what he does, everywhere he goes. He was continuing to float around to different NBA camps before the shutdown, and by all accounts has evolved from even his stint with Minnesota, let alone his time with the Bulls. Thibodeau would bring instant credibility to the restructure.

I don't like any of those.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:56 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
If there ever was any doubt as to whether Cowley is a shill for Thibs there shouldn't be anymore.

Quote:

If he does pull the plug on Boylen and the coach’s .317 winning percentage (39-84), here are three names to watch:

Kenny Atkinson — The former Nets head coach knows rebuilds and player development, and there’s no doubt he will attract interest from multiple places this offseason. His name floated around the Bulls when he was fired last month, but that was from outside speculation rather than anything substantial from inside.

Adrian Griffin — The former Bulls assistant — now an assistant in Toronto — has been praised by many as being more than ready and capable to lead his own team. His reputation is that of a perfect mix of being a players’ coach, but at the same time having a disciplined hand in the way he teaches and mentors. There’s been smoke around him being a Bulls candidate.

Tom Thibodeau — Much like a shark is put in the ocean to only swim and eat, Thibodeau was made a coach to win games. That’s what he does, everywhere he goes. He was continuing to float around to different NBA camps before the shutdown, and by all accounts has evolved from even his stint with Minnesota, let alone his time with the Bulls. Thibodeau would bring instant credibility to the restructure.

What don't you like about Atkinson?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:39 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

"We look at analytics every week, every day, every hour"
It turns into a crutch. A coach needs to have a feel for his team. I don't want to see a coach holed up in his office pouring over 5 pages of weird looking abbreviations after the team has lost their 5th straight. NBA is a different can of worms than MLB. I really, really, want the Bulls to get this coach thing right.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:18 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

"We look at analytics every week, every day, every hour"
It turns into a crutch. A coach needs to have a feel for his team. I don't want to see a coach holed up in his office pouring over 5 pages of weird looking abbreviations after the team has lost their 5th straight. NBA is a different can of worms than MLB. I really, really, want the Bulls to get this coach thing right.

That is my chief concern with him also. AK seems like he might be an analytics guy too. One of the Assistant GM jobs is tied exclusively to analytics. Not good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

Cowley really sucks at masking his like/dislike for certain sports personalities.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:41 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

Cowley really sucks at masking his like/dislike for certain sports personalities.

Yep that's why I always blew off anything he wrote regarding inside Bulls stuff. His sources were invariably Butler or Thibs.

Nothing but puff pieces about both of them every time. He did the same thing with Ozzie and the White Sox.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:42 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

Yep that's why I always blew off anything he wrote regarding inside Bulls stuff. His sources were invariably Butler or Thibs.

Nothing but puff pieces about both of them every time. He did the same thing with Ozzie and the White Sox.

He seems to be out of sources, so where does he get his info now?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:47 pm 

RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

He seems to be out of sources, so where does he get his info now?

I really believe he is actively recruiting now. He lightened up some on Pax and he seems to be complimentary when it comes to Michael Reinsdorf. If I had to guess those would be the two.

Last year he would never have said something that was so obviously pro Reinsdorf
Quote:
Reinsdorf and his father, chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, empower their executives to make basketball decisions with very little interference. Sure, Jerry likes to put the final stamp on things, but he does come from the school of having a hands-off approach.

So if Karnisovas wants to move on from Boylen — much like he did with Forman — expect little resistance.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FrankDrebin wrote:
Cowley really sucks

Fixed it for you.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:09 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:00 am 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:

The GM position sounds similar to what Hoyer does for the Cubs - no real power, you have a voice and make calls, etc., but Karnisovas makes all decisions. If Finley is the right guy for this role, great. Don't like the idea of limiting this to black candidates only, but if it helps bring in free agents, sign me up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:37 am 

BD wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The GM position sounds similar to what Hoyer does for the Cubs - no real power, you have a voice and make calls, etc., but Karnisovas makes all decisions. If Finley is the right guy for this role, great. Don't like the idea of limiting this to black candidates only, but if it helps bring in free agents, sign me up.

If you need a black GM for free agents. you get a black GM. Announcing it in advance? Dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:42 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:53 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
We got a balck!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:58 am 

I'm glad that they have 2 guys whose background is in scouting. The Bulls best chance of getting better will be through the draft.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 1:00 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6