It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:45 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
The truth is the Bulls have done well in free agency. Ben Wallace may be in the Hall of Fame some time. Sam Smith

Sam Smith was also the first guy to ID Jimmy Butler as a cancer in the locker room and proclaim Thibs to be a rather avg coach. He knows basketball. More importantly he knows the inner workings of the organization.

Boylen is done. Book it!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
You usually want to stay away from teams that are irrelevant like the magic. I'd be interested in someone who can bring the Houston model over here. That team was formed into a decent contender out of basically nothing. They traded for harden before he became James Harden and built two teams around him. Someone from Presti's tree is also obviously intriguing.

I'm the rare bird not impressed with what Houston has become.

You and me

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:48 pm 

I am not a fan of Houston, but it has everything to do with my disdain for Harden. Cannot stand him.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
I am not a fan of Houston, but it has everything to do with my disdain for Harden. Cannot stand him.

Retooled on the fly to stay relevant. Not the biggest harden fan either but they're imaginative and bold. GS was imaginative too by signing Russell only to flip him three months later. Bold and imaginative. We are neither. We sign rondo and Wade after declaring a youth movement.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:53 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Retooled on the fly to stay relevant. Not the biggest harden fan either but they're imaginative and bold. GS was imaginative too by signing Russell only to flip him three months later. Bold and imaginative. We are neither. We sign rondo and Wade after declaring a youth movement.

I agree. Hopefully this new dude brings some imagination and bold moves.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:00 pm 

As long as he drafts well and has a vision for where he wants to go with this he should be fine.

Garpax's philosophy changed significantly from year to year. They brought Boylen in to be the tough old school guy only to pivot within a year's time towards analytics. Made no sense.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:08 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Bold and imaginative led to Golden State to place 2 of the worst contracts in the league (Draymond and Wiggins) on their roster.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:14 pm 

Adrian Griffin also played college ball with Karnisovas at Seton Hall.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
veganfan21 wrote:
Nardi wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
You usually want to stay away from teams that are irrelevant like the magic. I'd be interested in someone who can bring the Houston model over here. That team was formed into a decent contender out of basically nothing. They traded for harden before he became James Harden and built two teams around him. Someone from Presti's tree is also obviously intriguing.

I'm the rare bird not impressed with what Houston has become.

You also absolutely need someone who can connect with the players. That's not necessarily Houston but we desperately need that after having the toxic Forman who had no cultural/political capital to leverage with players. Magic Johnson sucks as an executive but he's still an asset when it comes to players. Being in LA doesn't hurt of course. I'd get Pippen and other former Bulls fan favorites into the organization as figureheads. Show the players we take care of our own and have people in charge who have been there done that. Surely the city can do better than Carlos Boozer as its top free agent acquisition, or a washed up Ben Wallace.

Bring back Deng if he's interested.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Bold and imaginative led to Golden State to place 2 of the worst contracts in the league (Draymond and Wiggins) on their roster.

Two terrible contracts and three NBA championships? I'd be cool with that.

Bold and imaginative also led to Denver acquiring Jokic in the second round of the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:17 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Bold and imaginative also led to Denver acquiring Jokic in the second round of the draft.

Those are still two terrible contracts that will probably kill any chance of them ever contending again. Draymond Green's contract is actually worse than Wiggins.

They can savor all of the championships they want because it's over now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Adrian Griffin two points, Why did the Nets let him go/? Plus I don't like the hiring of a buddy.....to easy to hire to hard to fire. On the Sam Smith bs. Look at what Bulter's coaches say about him.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: What??
I'm wary of any coach who's "all in" on analytics. It becomes a crutch. No on Atkinson. His roots are with Houston.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:21 am 

long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Those are still two terrible contracts that will probably kill any chance of them ever contending again. Draymond Green's contract is actually worse than Wiggins.

So...we shouldn't target bold and imaginative GMs because they'll saddle us with bad contracts during the course of winning multiple championships?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:01 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

So...we shouldn't target bold and imaginative GMs because they'll saddle us with bad contracts during the course of winning multiple championships?

You used DeAngelo Russell as your example of Bold and Imaginative. DeAngelo was a move made out of desperation. They didn't want Durant to walk for nothing so they made a trade for Russell. In Russell they traded for a guy that everyone knew was a bad fit from the get go. They immediately sign him to a terrible contract which necessitated that he only could be moved for another guy (Wiggins) with a bad contract.

They compound their mistake by overpaying for Green. Draymond Green proved this year that he was one of the most overrated guys in the NBA. Now they are saddled with 2 of the worst contracts in the league. That isn't bold and Imaginative. It was silly and stupid.

The best thing to come out of this season was that they have the worst record in the league and thus will have a top pick as a result.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:58 pm 

It was a great move to get something for Durant. By signing Russell and then trading him for Wiggs they get a player they could have never signed outright because of their cap issues. Now going into 2021 they have a complimentary piece to Klay and Steph in Wiggs. Wiggs makes outrageous money but that's the market rate in today's NBA for that type of player. Again they don't get a player of that caliber without trading for him and they only could do that by signing Russell then flipping him.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:22 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
It was a great move to get something for Durant. By signing Russell and then trading him for Wiggs they get a player they could have never signed outright because of their cap issues. Now going into 2021 they have a complimentary piece to Klay and Steph in Wiggs. Wiggs makes outrageous money but that's the market rate in today's NBA for that type of player. Again they don't get a player of that caliber without trading for him and they only could do that by signing Russell then flipping him.

I actually think Draymond's deal is worse han Wiggins. What made the Warriors great was that their best players were all on cap friendly deals. This allowed them to sign players that helped comprise the best bench in the league.

With 4 players all making 30+ mil a year that is going to be difficult to do now. It is going to be doubly tough to contend when 2 of the 4 are vastly overpaid.

30+ for a complimentary player is suicide. They will never be contenders again. Top 4 in the conference might be a stretch at this point.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:19 am 

Statements from teams are bullshit. The real stuff used to be on deadspin. Don't know where you can get real stuff anymore.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:23 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
Statements from teams are bullshit. The real stuff used to be on deadspin. Don't know where you can get real stuff anymore.

Patreon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
veganfan21 wrote:

Speaking of DEADspin, I sampled it a few times. It seems more political than ever and not even cute, interesting, or funny.

So the DH printed that the chairman was shocked at how good AK is.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:27 am 

denisdman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Speaking of DEADspin, I sampled it a few times. It seems more political than ever and not even cute, interesting, or funny.

You gotta ignore that noise. For insider sports stuff it was solid. Lotta leaks and whatnot directly from people inside organizations.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I wish Bernstein or the afternoon show could’ve interviewed Arturas.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
veganfan21 wrote:
denisdman wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You gotta ignore that noise. For insider sports stuff it was solid. Lotta leaks and whatnot directly from people inside organizations.

I was never a big consumer so I missed a lot of it. I enjoyed the way they went after ESPN. I think they called it horndoggery or something like that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:51 am 

Good interview this morning with Karnisovas on Mully and Haugh this morning. Does not sound like a decision on Boylen is coming quickly. He said they were going to have several conversations and talk over defense, offense, and philosophies. When pressed if he had already made a decision on him he replied that there is no decision to be made yet just an evaluation time.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:01 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Good interview this morning with Karnisovas on Mully and Haugh this morning. Does not sound like a decision on Boylen is coming quickly. He said they were going to have several conversations and talk over defense, offense, and philosophies. When pressed if he had already made a decision on him he replied that there is no decision to be made yet just an evaluation time.

I heard the interview too. I think he was just trying to be diplomatic. Windhorst put something out today saying Boylen is a goner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
There is simply no reason to approach a guy who has accomplished nothing for the Bulls with this much tact.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:17 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
There is simply no reason to approach a guy who has accomplished nothing for the Bulls with this much tact.

The season hasn't been canceled. No one has fired a coach since play has been suspended. There is no viable reason to fire him right now.

He's done.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:25 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

The season hasn't been canceled. No one has fired a coach since play has been suspended. There is no viable reason to fire him right now.

He's done.

Yeah it is easy to forget that the season is still in play as of now, it really seems like the off season with all this crap going on.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Can you roll without a coach if the season isn't over? Would likely have to appoint an interim which would be shitty thing to do to that person.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next