It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:41 am 

pittmike wrote:
Bernsie is suggesting that becasue new top guy is white Bulls should set an example for the NBA. They should get on the right side of history and hire a black coach. Hard to argue with as there are many qualified coaches.

He said the fired Nets coach is the one he wants.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Curious Hair wrote:
This is just how the title treadmill goes. This guy is effectively the general manager, isn't he? The GM-in-name will be the assistant GM. It has nothing to do with the organization; any team in Adam Silver's NBA would get dinged for replacing a white executive who replaced a white executive with another white executive.

Yeah now this is way more plausible. If Karnisovas was actually hired to be in charge of anything they'd let him hire any GM they want. But, if they hired him just for appearances sake so Gar and Paxson could still run the show? Well fuck it, the GM he hires is so inconsequential an ornamental that something like a candidate's race is really the most important thing.

All makes sense now. What a shitshow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Well that goes back to my original question? Does this guy already have a GM in mind who just happens to be black or are they eliminating anyone white from being considered for the job? One is fine, the other is not.

Please don’t turn this entire thread into a race rant. Let’s just enjoy the fact that the Bulls are finally making real changes.

The race rant was brought up by the Media do you actually think one fucker here gives a fuck who the did or didn't interview?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:44 am 

denisdman wrote:
Please stop using the British spelling of words. I doubt many Brits are interested in the NBA. Thanks in advance.

I am supposed to spell that way professionally. Not gonna break the habit for the CFMB, pal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Antarctica wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Please stop using the British spelling of words. I doubt many Brits are interested in the NBA. Thanks in advance.

I am supposed to spell that way professionally. Not gonna break the habit for the CFMB, pal.

Professionally, are you an Au Pair for South African ex pats? Or just doing the landscaping....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Curious Hair wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
If the first real change this guy make is to eliminate a huge chunk of the candidates for the GM job because of the colour of their skin then that's a major fucking issue and bodes very poorly for the organisations future.

This is just how the title treadmill goes. This guy is effectively the general manager, isn't he? The GM-in-name will be the assistant GM. It has nothing to do with the organization; any team in Adam Silver's NBA would get dinged for replacing a white executive who replaced a white executive with another white executive.

KC Johnson had an interesting observation yesterday on today's NBA front office alignment.

Basically there are three assistant GMs- 1 for analytics, 1 for player development, 1 for cap management.

Hopefully the Bulls allow AK the freedom and budget to shape that type of front office.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:52 am 

denis, I've been nothing but good to you all these years. You want to be a little shitcunt? So be it. I'll stop taking what you say seriously.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:53 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Dan with an all-time stupid thought. Bring back Thibbs as a defensive coach.

Mulli and/or Haugh wanted him to be brought back to be the head coach.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 am 

pittmike wrote:
Bernsie is suggesting that becasue new top guy is white Bulls should set an example for the NBA. They should get on the right side of history and hire a black coach. Hard to argue with as there are many qualified coaches.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:56 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
If the first real change this guy make is to eliminate a huge chunk of the candidates for the GM job because of the colour of their skin then that's a major fucking issue and bodes very poorly for the organisations future.

KC Johnson had an interesting observation yesterday on today's NBA front office alignment.

Basically there are three assistant GMs- 1 for analytics, 1 for player development, 1 for cap management.

Hopefully the Bulls allow AK the freedom and budget to shape that type of front office.

Its a seventeen man roster with five guys on the floor at any given time. I could understand an NFL or even baseball squad having this kind of infrastructure since there are so many moving parts in any individual sequence of play. But basketball? The sport where the team which has the best three players almost invariably wins four out of seven games? And where free agents pick teams kind of at a whim and collusion happens in plain sight?

I couldn't imagine why you'd need this much stratification.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:57 am 

FrankDrebin wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Dan with an all-time stupid thought. Bring back Thibbs as a defensive coach.

Mulli and/or Haugh wanted him to be brought back to be the head coach.

Just shows how collectively detached that the Score has always been when it comes to NBA basketball. There is a great likelihood that Thibs will not be hired as an NBA coach ever again.

He wasn't particularly sought after when they whacked him the first time and his time in Minnesota was a disaster.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:00 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
pittmike wrote:

He said the fired Nets coach is the one he wants.

Kenny Atkinson? He's white.

Maybe you meant David Fizdale; he was fired by the Knicks.

Last edited by FrankDrebin on Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Professionally, are you an Au Pair for South African ex pats? Or just doing the landscaping....

He's brought his Uber skills to the UK.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:05 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
denis, I've been nothing but good to you all these years. You want to be a little shitcunt? So be it. I'll stop taking what you say seriously.

Don’t do me any favours. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:07 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
denisdman wrote:

He's brought his Uber skills to the UK.

Any Ubering in London is kind of a shame. Are you aware of how long of a training process it is to be a cabbie in London? It is a crazy system.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Antarctica wrote:
Its a seventeen man roster with five guys on the floor at any given time. I could understand an NFL or even baseball squad having this kind of infrastructure since there are so many moving parts in any individual sequence of play. But basketball? The sport where the team which has the best three players almost invariably wins four out of seven games? And where free agents pick teams kind of at a whim and collusion happens in plain sight?

I couldn't imagine why you'd need this much stratification.

The Warriors had almost as many general managers as they had players and they won, so now everyone has to do it. I'm sure it was a real meeting of minds when they all got together and decided Steph Curry would make all his three-pointers and Kevin Durant would leave money on the table to play there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
too much job shaming

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:59 pm 

If Atkinson is the guy they should hire him now. On the off chance they do play a few games he could get an early start.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:05 pm 

I like Atkinson as a coach but he is all in on the analytical stuff. They will be hoisting a ton of 3's with guys like Coby White and Zach Lavine hoisting ton of shots. Markkanen will also be camped out at the 3 for the vast majority of the game as that is how Atkinson coaches. His guards will be fine stats wise. Bigs not so such.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:07 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I always felt bad for Cartwright. The dude looked like he was going to have a stroke on the bench having to coach that team. I can still remember a game years back where he got so pissed he broke the clipboard in half over this knee. Dude made Thibs look stable.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:13 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:42 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

:lol:

Glad someone caught what I did there!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
long time guy wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
In what kind of a goofy world is it not to racist to have the sole qualification for a job be your race?

How do you know that it is their "sole qualification"? Or are you merely speaking from a position of ignorance yet again?

Soul qualification.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:48 pm 

Adrian Griffin is being mentioned a lot to be next coach. What are your guys thoughts on him?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:49 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Adrian Griffin is being mentioned a lot to be next coach. What are your guys thoughts on him?

Another Jerry stooge.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
His kid is a quitter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:53 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
His kid is a quitter.

Oh that's right, his kid is leaving the Illini. Ok I am on board. Griffen for coach!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:12 pm 

RFDC wrote:

As Assistants go his name has been one of the hot ones for the last couple of years. He was always known as a smart, heady, grindy type of player. Might work but I want them to hire a guy with previous coaching experience.

To hire an inexperienced guy with ties to the organization is just so Reinsdorfian.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:

Another rookie.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:18 pm 

long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:

As Assistants go his name has been one of the hot ones for the last couple of years. He was always known as a smart, heady, grindy type of player. Might work but I want them to hire a guy with previous coaching experience.

To hire an inexperienced guy with ties to the organization is just so Reinsdorfian.

yeah I would prefer someone with previous coaching experience.

Who is your guy(s) you would like to see hired or considered, Ltg?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next