It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:35 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Bulls will fuck it up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
If Boylen, Paxson and Forman are not all fired/resigned by this time tomorrow this is already a failure.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:48 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Bulls will fuck it up.

You either gotta be crazy or stupid to take that job, we'll find out really soon which really soon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:59 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 am 

So wait is the candidate they have in mind is a minority or are they just eliminating the idea of even hiring a white candidate?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:03 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Quote:
Arturas Karnisovas
Eaglo wrote:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:06 am 

Antarctica wrote:
So wait is the candidate they have in mind is a minority or are they just eliminating the idea of even hiring a white candidate?

I don't know. I think it maybe a response to the twitter crowd that reacted about how the Bulls did not consider a minority for the head position. But that also fails to realize that the guy they hired is a minority.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am 

RFDC wrote:

There was a lot of pushback from people around the NBA for failing to interview a black candidate for the basketball operations position. I wonder if that is playing a part. Personally I hope it isn't but there is no real way to know for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:14 am 

In what kind of a goofy world is it not to racist to have the sole qualification for a job be your race?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:17 am 

Antarctica wrote:
In what kind of a goofy world is it not to racist to have the sole qualification for a job be your race?

How do you know that it is their "sole qualification"? Or are you merely speaking from a position of ignorance yet again?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:19 am 

Well that goes back to my original question? Does this guy already have a GM in mind who just happens to be black or are they eliminating anyone white from being considered for the job? One is fine, the other is not.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:20 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Antarctica wrote:
Well that goes back to my original question? Does this guy already have a GM in mind who just happens to be black or are they eliminating anyone white from being considered for the job? One is fine, the other is not.

Please don’t turn this entire thread into a race rant. Let’s just enjoy the fact that the Bulls are finally making real changes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:25 am 

Antarctica wrote:

There is no way of knowing that for sure. What we do know is that there were no black candidates for the Veep position. There was pushback and now they plan (allegedly) to hire a minority candidate for the GM position. They should never have allowed this to be leaked in that way. I also don't agree with this particular line of thinking either.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 am 

Danny telling us Paxson will only have a voice if the new guy wants to listen. :roll:

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:26 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
I don't know. I think it maybe a response to the twitter crowd that reacted about how the Bulls did not consider a minority for the head position. But that also fails to realize that the guy they hired is a minority.

Lithuanians are not exactly A Minority.

EDIT: I should do better and refer to them as "People of Boilermaker Rick"

Last edited by Curious Hair on Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:27 am 

denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Please don’t turn this entire thread into a race rant. Let’s just enjoy the fact that the Bulls are finally making real changes.

Yeah I was a Paxson supporter for a lot of years but it was time for him to go. Hiring Boylen was the last straw.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:29 am 

denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

If the first real change this guy make is to eliminate a huge chunk of the candidates for the GM job because of the colour of their skin then that's a major fucking issue and bodes very poorly for the organisations future.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 am 

Antarctica wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

If the first real change this guy make is to eliminate a huge chunk of the candidates for the GM job because of the colour of their skin then that's a major fucking issue and bodes very poorly for the organisations future.

NBA rosters certainly need more diversity on them.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:32 am 

Antarctica wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Bulls also eliminated a good chunk of potential candidates in hiring this guy. Going so far as to interview 3 guys with tremendous baggage instead of any minority candidates.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:33 am 

Dan with an all-time stupid thought. Bring back Thibbs as a defensive coach.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:35 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Bulls also eliminated a good chunk of potential candidates in hiring this guy. Going so far as to interview 3 guys with tremendous baggage instead of any minority candidates.

Yeah Colangelo made no sense and I wonder if that was mostly done as a favor to Colangelo's father.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:36 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Antarctica wrote:

This is just how the title treadmill goes. This guy is effectively the general manager, isn't he? The GM-in-name will be the assistant GM. It has nothing to do with the organization; any team in Adam Silver's NBA would get dinged for replacing a white executive who replaced a white executive with another white executive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:37 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Dan with an all-time stupid thought. Bring back Thibbs as a defensive coach.

:lol: yeah that aint going to happen.

But hopefully whoever the coach is brings in a good defensive mind to stop the clown car show

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Dan is also saying the Fire GarPax chant on live TV mattered.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

conns7901 wrote:

What do you mean? Are you saying they hired Arturas Karnisovas because he's white?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:38 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

This is just how the title treadmill goes. This guy is effectively the general manager, isn't he? The GM-in-name will be the assistant GM. It has nothing to do with the organization; any team in Adam Silver's NBA would get dinged for replacing a white executive who replaced a white executive with another white executive.

I guess people that only see hidden agendas in everything would see it that way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Bernsie is suggesting that becasue new top guy is white Bulls should set an example for the NBA. They should get on the right side of history and hire a black coach. Hard to argue with as there are many qualified coaches.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Antarctica wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

Please stop using the British spelling of words. I doubt many Brits are interested in the NBA. Thanks in advance.