It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
The last thing anyone should be concerned about is whether they retain Boylen. There's no fucking way. Just let things play out.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:43 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:
The last thing anyone should be concerned about is whether they retain Boylen. There's no fucking way. Just let things play out.

I think this is an important sign whether this new guy is really in charge or not. If he fires him and hires a new coach then that is a good sign. If they roll him back out then it is naturally going to be assumed that Pax is still holding the reigns behind the scenes. I want to have the confidence that LTG and others have that he is gone, but this is the Bulls and they have been a trainwreck for a long time.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
If the guy is worth a damn, he is going to interview key employees like Boylen and watch game tape. And once he does that, he will probably fire Boylen.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:50 pm 

RFDC wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I think this is an important sign whether this new guy is really in charge or not. If he fires him and hires a new coach then that is a good sign. If they roll him back out then it is naturally going to be assumed that Pax is still holding the reigns behind the scenes. I want to have the confidence that LTG and others have that he is gone, but this is the Bulls and they have been a trainwreck for a long time.

I'm fairly certain that Paxson would have fired him had he been in charge next season.

I actually believe that all of the empty seats this season was the real impetus behind the changes. People were really beginning to become apathetic about the team. That made Reinsdorf and Co get on their horse a little bit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
long time guy wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
There is simply no reason to approach a guy who has accomplished nothing for the Bulls with this much tact.

The season hasn't been canceled. No one has fired a coach since play has been suspended. There is no viable reason to fire him right now.

He's done.

Oh yeah that's right. Dont want to ruin the good thing the Bulls had going before the season got cancelled.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

I'm fairly certain that Paxson would have fired him had he been in charge next season.

I actually believe that all of the empty seats this season was the real impetus behind the changes. People were really beginning to become apathetic about the team. That made Reinsdorf and Co get on their horse a little bit.

You would sure hope so. The empty seats had to be a loud message to Jerry. Money talks.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:54 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
There is simply no reason to approach a guy who has accomplished nothing for the Bulls with this much tact.

The season hasn't been canceled. No one has fired a coach since play has been suspended. There is no viable reason to fire him right now.

He's done.

Oh yeah that's right. Dont want to ruin the good thing the Bulls had going before the season got cancelled.

Do you think he will be the coach next season. No one cares about the timing or optics of how firing him now looks.

Will he be the coach next season or not?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:56 pm 

I sure hope not.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
GoldenJet wrote:

The same thing was said after he showed what a clown he was as interim coach... and then they extended him.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
FavreFan wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

The same thing was said after he showed what a clown he was as interim coach... and then they extended him.

They was not Karnisovas.

I will be very surprised if Boylen isn't fired.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:01 pm 

He should already be fired but if they wait until the season is officially over it is not that big of a deal.

Given Boylen a full season was not something I agreed with but understood. Extending him was the incredibly stupid thing they did.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Peoria Matt wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:

They was not Karnisovas.

I will be very surprised if Boylen isn't fired.

Just being the new guy in town doesn't earn AK any trust with me. Once he fires Boylen, that will a sign of competence and the first step in him earning my trust. The fact that he hasn't fired Boylen and the Bulls let Boylen put out that press release isn't a great sign so far. I won't say it's inexcusable that Boylen hasn't been fired yet but it's pretty close to that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm optimistic right now. He'll get his GM and Boylen will be next to be gone.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:13 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
He should already be fired but if they wait until the season is officially over it is not that big of a deal.

Given Boylen a full season was not something I agreed with but understood. Extending him was the incredibly stupid thing they did.

He wouldn't be able to hire the new guy if it's an Assistant anyway. Can't hire an Assistant Coach from another team til the season is over.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:38 pm 

Only red flag so far is that they keep saying that he is an expert on European basketball. Shouldn't he be an expert on the NBA if he is the guy in charge? Haven't really heard that yet.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
denisdman wrote:
If the guy is worth a damn, he is going to interview key employees like Boylen and watch game tape. And once he does that, he will probably fire Boylen.

In person. Not over the phone like an asshole.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The season is suspended, not canceled. I doubt you can be allowed to not to have a coach. That's all this is. Having a figurehead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:02 pm 

If Cowley is to be believed Boylen's whacking isn't as clear cut as first appears.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JCowleyHoops ... gr%5Etweet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:08 pm 

long time guy wrote:
If Cowley is to be believed Boylen's whacking isn't as clear cut as first appears.

You still feel he is gone? THe big hitters have to be Pax and Reinsdorf.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:54 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You still feel he is gone? THe big hitters have to be Pax and Reinsdorf.

Yep. I still feel he is cooked.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
long time guy wrote:

He also thinks the situation is fluid.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

As is his gender.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:53 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

The guys on his Twitter feed are letting him have it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:13 pm 

long time guy wrote:

Yeah see that worries me

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:32 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I can't get behind this whole thing while that inept,bald kunt Paxson is still employed.

The new guy has a lil bit of NoHo Hank going. I do love Hank.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:41 pm 

312 bringing raw truth to the tune of "wont be fooled again"...cant help but agree. feels like same shit different day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
This guy is going to clean house. There won’t be one player or coach left in two seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:47 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Big Chicagoan wrote:
This guy is going to clean house. There won’t be one player or coach left in two seasons.

Pax ain't going anywhere

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:42 pm 

If there ever was any doubt as to whether Cowley is a shill for Thibs there shouldn't be anymore.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2020 ... ains-fluid

Quote:

If he does pull the plug on Boylen and the coach’s .317 winning percentage (39-84), here are three names to watch:

Kenny Atkinson — The former Nets head coach knows rebuilds and player development, and there’s no doubt he will attract interest from multiple places this offseason. His name floated around the Bulls when he was fired last month, but that was from outside speculation rather than anything substantial from inside.

Adrian Griffin — The former Bulls assistant — now an assistant in Toronto — has been praised by many as being more than ready and capable to lead his own team. His reputation is that of a perfect mix of being a players’ coach, but at the same time having a disciplined hand in the way he teaches and mentors. There’s been smoke around him being a Bulls candidate.

Tom Thibodeau — Much like a shark is put in the ocean to only swim and eat, Thibodeau was made a coach to win games. That’s what he does, everywhere he goes. He was continuing to float around to different NBA camps before the shutdown, and by all accounts has evolved from even his stint with Minnesota, let alone his time with the Bulls. Thibodeau would bring instant credibility to the restructure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:46 pm 

Yeah I don't see Thibs being a head coach in Chicago.

He would be best served as being an assistant coach focused on defense. He would excel in that role. But that won't be in Chicago.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next