It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Gar Foreman fired
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:52 pm 

RFDC wrote:
long time guy wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Bernstein is already losing it that Jim Boylen is being allowed to author official statements.

And he is right. The whole thing continues to be a shitshow. That statement by Boylen is so stupid. He appears desperate to try and look good and look like he is still going to be the coach.

He won't be. He's done. He is sucking up to the new guy the same way he sucked up to GarPax. He snaked the hell out of Hoiberg to get the gig.

I sure hope you are right. I want to believe in this new dude. Firing Gar is a good step 1. But if they let Boylen stick around then it is a no go for me.

Whacking Boylen is the easiest thing to do in all of this. If Garpax were still in charge I'm convinced they would have did it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Boylen safe for now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
conns7901 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: This fucking organization.

I've always liked Paxson. I suspect that he was tired of the attacks that came with Gar's incompetence and wanted all official titles removed.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
It Paxson were not still in charge then Boylen would be fired today. But Boylen is still the coach, and the only plausible explanation is that Paxson is still in charge of what happens to him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Curious Hair wrote:
Antarctica wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Paxson to remain as senior adviser.

RIP rebuild

Paxson is family to Weird Jerry, he was always going to be a vice-president of looking out the window.

Vice President of Pulli-ness.

When McDonough moved Pully's office out of the main building, you knew he was effectively out of the loop. We will see what happens with Paxson.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:26 pm 

Boylen safe for now just means that the person they want is technically under contract elsewhere until the NBA officially cancels the rest of the season, or restarts it and lets it finish.

Jimbo won't be the coach on October 1.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:27 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Boylen safe for now just means that the person they want is technically under contract elsewhere until the NBA officially cancels the rest of the season, or restarts it and lets it finish.

The Bulls aren't playing games any time soon, they can open the vacancy right now and keep looking with an interim. This has everything to do with Paxson flexing on the new guy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:30 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
When McDonough moved Pully's office out of the main building, you knew he was effectively out of the loop. We will see what happens with Paxson.

Is Pulford still working in liquor distribution? Or was that just a cover and he was really working in liquor consumption?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:34 pm 

Antarctica wrote:

The Bulls aren't playing games any time soon, they can open the vacancy right now and keep looking with an interim. This has everything to do with Paxson flexing on the new guy.

Why pay an interim more. The new guy has his short list of candidates, Paxson/Jerry may have commented their preferences from that list. The entire league knows that Jimbo is dead man walking. Save some money and stress and chill.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:15 pm 

Antarctica wrote:

Do you think that Boylen will be the coach of the Bulls at the start of next season?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
How does the guy that has been in charge of the shitshow the last 20 years not get fired . Amazing .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
badrogue17 wrote:
How does the guy that has been in charge of the shitshow the last 20 years not get fired . Amazing .

Because it largely wasn't a shitshow during his years as a GM and the first couple years of Gar (when Paxson's draft picks were doing well.)

This went shitty when Gar Forman was allowed to can Thibodeau.

edit: The Bulls' drafts between 2003 and 2008 could not really have gone better, and only one bad trade (Aldridge and Thomas) sours it. Once Gar becomes GM in 2009, it starts going downhill. Besides Jimmy Butler as a gem in 2011 (and I still give Thibs a lot of the credit there), there is a ton of awful, and of course another brutal draft day trade giving up Nurkic and Harris.

If Paxson's advisory role is related to scouting and the draft, then I am happy with him staying within the organization.

He should not be involved in coaching decisions or free agency.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:33 pm 

IMU wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Because it largely wasn't a shitshow during his years as a GM and the first couple years of Gar (when Paxson's draft picks were doing well.)

edit: The Bulls' drafts between 2003 and 2008 could not really have gone better, and only one bad trade (Aldridge and Thomas) sours it. Once Gar becomes GM in 2009, it starts going downhill. Besides Jimmy Butler as a gem in 2011 (and I still give Thibs a lot of the credit there), there is a ton of awful, and of course another brutal draft day trade giving up Nurkic and Harris.

If Paxson's advisory role is related to scouting and the draft, then I am happy with him staying within the organization.

Yeah for the most part I agree. Like it or not Jerry is never going to break bad on someone like Paxson. But Paxson was really not the major problem and I am ok with him going to some advisory role.

Gar had to go. Boylen has to go.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
RFDC wrote:
IMU wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Yeah for the most part I agree. Like it or not Jerry is never going to break bad on someone like Paxson. But Paxson was really not the major problem and I am ok with him going to some advisory role.

Well, Paxson is responsible for letting Gar Tim Floyd Thibs (read that as a verb). Both wear that even tho Hoiberg was Gar's crush.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:41 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
IMU wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Well, Paxson is responsible for letting Gar Tim Floyd Thibs (read that as a verb). Both wear that even tho Hoiberg was Gar's crush.

Thibs should have been canned. His stint in Minnesota proved that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:43 pm 

And John Paxson has been fittingly removed from VP of Basketball Ops.

We just don't need to burn him at the stake. When his role was different, Paxson was a good exec. He just wasn't at his best being in charge of the whole thing. He probably let his subordinates have too much control in their own specific areas without making sure the whole thing came together in the end, and then either decided or was required to be front facing when it never made the most sense.
long time guy wrote:

Glen Taylor has been fucking up the Timberwolves for how long? KG was in Chicago for awhile, you should have the proper connections to reach out and ask him about it.

No one is set up for success in Minnesota.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:52 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
IMU wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I get what you are saying and I would have zero problem if Pax was fired as well. But that is just not going to happen so we might as well forget it and move forward.

Hopefully the new structure can accomplish something. There is at least hope now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:55 pm 

IMU wrote:
And John Paxson has been fittingly removed from VP of Basketball Ops.

We just don't need to burn him at the stake. When his role was different, Paxson was a good exec. He just wasn't at his best being in charge of the whole thing. He probably let his subordinates have too much control in their own specific areas without making sure the whole thing came together in the end, and then either decided or was required to be front facing when it never made the most sense.
long time guy wrote:

Glen Taylor has been fucking up the Timberwolves for how long? KG was in Chicago for awhile, you should have the proper connections to reach out and ask him about it.

That's one guy's opinion. Glen Taylor gave Thibs the keys to kingdom. The same thing that people on here wanted the Bulls to do. They were the youngest, hottest thing going prior to his arrival. Don't believe me simply bump the posts of MANY of the people that post here.

2 years later he shifted the bed. His moves killed the damn franchise. That isn't on Taylor. He allowed the vaunted Thibs to make the moves that he wanted to make. Thibs proved he didn't have a clue about evaluating talent (See Justin Patton) nor was he really all that good as a coach. He also proved that he didn't know anything about any of the players in the league besides guys that he coached on the Bulls. Minnesota announcers (one of whom also played in the league) used to routinely clown him regarding his coaching decisions.

He traded for a guy in Jimmy Butler who quit on him. The worst decision Glen Taylor made was hiring him as coach and allowing him to be in control of player personnel decisions. They would have been much better without him running or coaching the franchise.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:57 pm 

Paxson doesn't deserve another chance and the fact that he's getting one is ridiculous. Telling me that they had a team that still wasn't good enough ten years ago doesn't really soothe my distrust of this whole thing either. Even Paxson at his best couldn't build a title team.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Glen Taylor gave Thibs the keys to kingdom.

By all accounts, from people within the Wolves organization, to the beat writers, to the players, this is 100% untrue in actuality.

Tom Thibodeau expected the keys. Instead, Glen Taylor wanted to micromanage the entire front office. Thibodeau had no decision making ability. Glen Taylor wants to be Jerry Jones.

If you think Tom Thibodeau gives a max contract to a player like Andrew Wiggins, you're nuts. They did not get along from the outset. This was a Glen Taylor decision. When the extension was signed, it was not Thibodeau that put out the Wolves' statement but Glen Taylor.

Last edited by IMU on Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:00 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
Paxson doesn't deserve another chance and the fact that he's getting one is ridiculous. Telling me that they had a team that still wasn't good enough ten years ago doesn't really soothe my distrust of this whole thing either. Even Paxson at his best couldn't build a title team.

He is not really being given another chance. He is an advisor. It is not like he is going to be dictating to the new guy what is to be done.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:02 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

He is not really being given another chance. He is an advisor. It is not like he is going to be dictating to the new guy what is to be done.

So its the new guy's decision to keep Boylen as coach?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:04 pm 

Antarctica wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Antarctica wrote:

So its the new guy's decision to keep Boylen as coach?

I dont think he has made that decision yet. I think he is just working his way down the list of things to do.

Now if he decides to keep Boylen then I am completely with you.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:05 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Glen Taylor gave Thibs the keys to kingdom.

By all accounts, from people within the Wolves organization, to the beat writers, to the players, this is 100% untrue in actuality.

Tom Thibodeau expected the keys. Instead, Glen Taylor wanted to micromanage the entire front office. Thibodeau had no decision making ability. Glen Taylor wants to be Jerry Jones.

How is that untrue? Do you think that the first Butler trade was pushed by Taylor? What about the signing of Dieng? What about the signing of all the ex Bulls guys (Taj, Rose, Deng, trade for Butler) Do you think the terrible signing of Teague was the work of Glen Taylor? How about the minutes thing? Minnesota had 3 of the top 5-10 guys in terms of minutes 3 years ago.

All of that was on Thibs. He had some of the best collection of young talent in the league when he arrived. By the time he exited that talent was gone save for Towns.

He ruined that franchise.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:06 pm 

Guys...I know we're all scared. I know these are uncertain times. No one really knows what the future holds...

but there is no way in fucks sake AK is retaining Boylen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:11 pm 

• There is no correlation between minutes and injuries. This has been reviewed numerous times.

• Jeff Teague contract was large, but not crippling.

• Jimmy Butler trade was good. Markkanen is just a guy, Dunn is a defensive player in a bench role, and Zach Lavine is a loser, and in an alternate universe where Towns, Wiggins and Lavine all needed their 25 shots per game, you think they would have found success? Jimmy Butler brought them their only playoff appearance in how long?

• Derrick Rose was fine. Taj Gibson was fine. Both were 1 VORP per season players on reasonable contracts while with Minnesota.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:21 pm 

Thibs is the second most successful coach in Bulls history and has he respect of 99% of his former players and competitors. Guys like LBJ, KG, Pierce, Butler, Rose all love him. The only guy that didn't is Gar. I think I'm fine with that.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:26 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Thibs is the second most successful coach in Bulls history and has he respect of 99% of his former players and competitors. Guys like LBJ, KG, Pierce, Butler, Rose all love him. The only guy that didn't is Gar. I think I'm fine with that.

Jimmy Butler loved and respected him so much that he quit on him and demanded a trade even though Thibs was both the coach and the GM.

Jimmy Butler also threw him under the bus about the minutes thing too. Yeah he loved playing for him.

Last edited by long time guy on Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:34 pm 

IMU wrote:
• There is no correlation between minutes and injuries. This has been reviewed numerous times.

• Jeff Teague contract was large, but not crippling.

• Jimmy Butler trade was good. Markkanen is just a guy, Dunn is a defensive player in a bench role, and Zach Lavine is a loser, and in an alternate universe where Towns, Wiggins and Lavine all needed their 25 shots per game, you think they would have found success? Jimmy Butler brought them their only playoff appearance in how long?

• Derrick Rose was fine. Taj Gibson was fine. Both were 1 VORP per season players on reasonable contracts while with Minnesota.

It's not about there being a correlation between minutes and injuries. The point is that it debunks the theory that Taylor was pulling the strings.

Do you honestly think that Glen Taylor told Thibs to draft Justin Patton?
As far as "crippling" goes Teague makes exactly the same amount of money as Zach Lavine. Who do you believe is a better value? Lavine or Teague?

It was a terrible signing. They would have been much better keeping Rubio and allowing Dunn to back him up. He allowed Rubio to walk for nothing and signed a more expensive player that was actually a worse player.

He gutted his team of quality young talent for a malcontent that was considered damaged good two years later. A malcontent so damaged he was had for a song and a dance.

He was an albatross and I doubt very seriously if he ever gets another head coaching job in the NBA. If he doesn't then GARPAX would have been validated in firing him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:40 pm 

https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/ ... 92/photo/1

Dayum, Butler - Thibs beef is HEATING UP

2013 CSFMB ROY