It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:09 am 

Shaq/Kobe had 2 seasons to play against that particular Bulls team and couldn't get to the Finals. Really isn't that much of a hypothetical as the Lakers had a shot and couldn't get it done. It ain't the Bulls fault.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hatchetman wrote:
Idiocy. Read up on Wilt’s college days.

He played against guys who were slow tiny and white ( except Russ). How hard could it have been to dominate those guys ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
Shaq/Kobe had 2 seasons to play against that particular Bulls team and couldn't get to the Finals. Really isn't that much of a hypothetical as the Lakers had a shot and couldn't get it done. It ain't the Bulls fault.

Right conclusion wrong reasoning. A teenage Kobe Bryant shouldn't be expected to beat the Bulls. The Lakers became a force when he blossomed and gave Shaq the second star he needed. He blossomed after the Bulls exited. That being said, the Lakers of that era are not beating any of the Bulls teams like I said above.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:17 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Right conclusion wrong reasoning. A teenage Kobe Bryant shouldn't be expected to beat the Bulls. The Lakers became a force when he blossomed and gave Shaq the second star he needed.

Kobe participated in the All Star game during the last season of the Bulls Run and if memory serves correct there were other guys (Nick Van Exel/Eddie Jones) on those Laker teams that could more than pick up the slack.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:21 am 

All star games don't mean shit when it's the fans voting you in. Justin Bieber would make it in if he was some fringe player on a team.

I loved those Laker teams with Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, Shaq, Kobe, and a few others. Maybe Isaiah Rider. Never put it together under Rambis and Harris until PJ came in and took less talented teams to the promised land.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:33 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
All star games don't mean shit when it's the fans voting you in. Justin Bieber would make it in if he was some fringe player on a team.

I loved those Laker teams with Eddie Jones, Nick Van Exel, Shaq, Kobe, and a few others. Maybe Isaiah Rider. Never put it together under Rambis and Harris until PJ came in and took less talented teams to the promised land.

None of this addresses the essential point. No matter what excuse that you come up with The Lakers and Bulls teams were part of the same era.. The Lakers with he and Kobe had their shot and they blew it.

I know it's sort of trolling time (posting in a style that I post in) but you can save it as it is a waste of time. That doesn't detract from posting dumbass thoughts. I guess maybe you believe it does. I don't know.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:37 am 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

None of this addresses the essential point. No matter what excuse that you come up with The Lakers and Bulls teams were part of the same era.. The Lakers with he and Kobe could have had their shot and they blew it.

I know it's sort of trolling time (posting in a style that I post in) but you can save it as it is a waste of time. That doesn't detract from posting dumbass thoughts. I guess maybe you believe it does. I don't know.

Nothing in my post is trolling and I don't know what you mean by posting in your style. I don't know your style and I don't care to mimic it. I'm serious about loving the Van Exel teams. He was one of my faves and is probably one of the best second round picks ever after Ginobli and Arenas. Eddie Jones was also a favorite. That being said, the team that won the title for LA was not a contemporary of the Bulls teams.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:44 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
That being said, the team that won the title for LA was not a contemporary of the Bulls teams.

I never said that they were. Shaq speaks of his Lakers teams as if they were of a different era. They weren't. He also had plenty of talent around him. Del Harris didn't do a terrible job coaching either. They won close to a 120 games from 96-98. They had their shot and lost in the playoffs. That's on them.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:54 am 

In Philly and the Nets, The Lakers participated against the 2 weakest Finals opponents in NBA history. Those 2 teams sucked ass. Pacers weren't exactly great shakes either. 3 bum ass teams and they actually struggled against the Pacers.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
What do Jordan’s kids do ? Living off dads 1000 year wealth ? They seem totally out of the public eye .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
badrogue17 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Idiocy. Read up on Wilt’s college days.

He played against guys who were slow tiny and white ( except Russ). How hard could it have been to dominate those guys ?

That isn't Wilt's fault that he was so much better than any other player of his time. That is also the reason why I consider him to be the best basketball player ever in the game. No other basketball player ever was that much better than his peers. I believe that in his prime also, he would dominate the current generation also. He was a tremendous athlete and would have improved his over-all game against the next generations bigger better athletes. I saw Wilt take the ball the length of the court, dribble with either hand and do his famous fingertip at the rim.

The only other athlete that totally dominated his sport like Wilt did was the Babe who was a great athlete in his own right before the hotdogs and beer made him a bit rotund. :lol: :lol:

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 2:59 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
What do Jordan’s kids do ? Living off dads 1000 year wealth ? They seem totally out of the public eye .

I heard that his daughter is at Brand Jordan and in a high profile. Don't know about his sons.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:14 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Parkins said today that Jordans one thing he was not going to budge on for the documentary was there was to be no discussion of his wife and kids. So seems like they all enjoy being out of the public eye completely.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:18 pm 

RFDC wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Parkins said today that Jordans one thing he was not going to budge on for the documentary was there was to be no discussion of his wife and kids. So seems like they all enjoy being out of the public eye completely.

Juanita's lone appearance has been a reflection off of the first Larry O'Brien trophy.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 12:07 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
:lol: :lol: :lol: Savage!!!

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... on_generic

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:

Page removed. What was it?

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:20 am 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

He hustled Jamal Crawford out of his Mercedes in a 3 point competition when Crawford was a rookie.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:43 am 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:

He hustled Jamal Crawford out of his Mercedes in a 3 point competition when Crawford was a rookie.

MJ is a lovable asshole. Honest to God, I get the feeling when I hear all these Jordan stories(Especially the Mully and Kent McDill one), that he's an old soul, that he's had previous lives. Possibly one as Genghis Khan

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Here it is:

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

Really good. There is even an appearance by Mike North talking to Wilt.

https://youtu.be/cgBkinjGarg

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 10:28 am 

Nas wrote:

:lol: 600lbs

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:20 am 
100000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

He was always entertaining even though you knew that there was a 95% chance he was lying. I loved the statement about NBA players owing Jordan 10% of their salary.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:23 am 

Nas wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Nas wrote:

He was always entertaining even though you knew that there was a 95% chance he was lying. I loved the statement about NBA players owing Jordan 10% of their salary.

another great moment was Magic with his talk of the dunk MJ did in practice on Robinson and how he used his tongue to describe things :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 11:26 am 

Played in all 82 games 37 minutes per night on at 39 years old for a dog ass team.
Didn't disrespect the game even though he easily could have during his swan song season.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 3:10 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

None of this addresses the essential point. No matter what excuse that you come up with The Lakers and Bulls teams were part of the same era.. The Lakers with he and Kobe had their shot and they blew it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
All this talk about Jordan is getting on my nerves. He's not the Babe Ruth of basketball. If there IS one, it's Wilt. What he was, was a super competitive (who isn't?) athlete with over the top athleticism. He was quick and could jump.

He could not have beaten anybody good at a game of horse. Walt Frazier, Pistol Pete, Jerry West, James Worthy...I could go on. Those 5 guys alone could have averaged 35 if they (and their coach) had wanted to. Doug Collins was a damn fool.

You know what he was really good at? Being Phil's hatchet man in the 2nd half of the run. Musta been great to have all the hate and resentment channeled away from him and continue just as the big bore with all that native American bullshit in the locker room. Bullshit that only a rookie would swallow.

I won't get into his character. But he's shown time after time that money and fame is all he cares about, and to a man everybody he's played with either tolerated him or flat out hated his guts. Too late to jump on the social justice bandwagon. Just keep canoodling with your rich white friends...like O.J. did.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:01 pm 

St. Louis Rube Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
St. Louis Rube Fan
Um...good point

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:54 am 

St. Louis Bull Man wrote:
All this talk about Jordan is getting on my nerves. He's not the Babe Ruth of basketball. If there IS one, it's Wilt. What he was, was a super competitive (who isn't?) athlete with over the top athleticism. He was quick and could jump.

He could not have beaten anybody good at a game of horse. Walt Frazier, Pistol Pete, Jerry West, James Worthy...I could go on. Those 5 guys alone could have averaged 35 if they (and their coach) had wanted to. Doug Collins was a damn fool.

You know what he was really good at? Being Phil's hatchet man in the 2nd half of the run. Musta been great to have all the hate and resentment channeled away from him and continue just as the big bore with all that native American bullshit in the locker room. Bullshit that only a rookie would swallow.

I won't get into his character. But he's shown time after time that money and fame is all he cares about, and to a man everybody he's played with either tolerated him or flat out hated his guts. Too late to jump on the social justice bandwagon. Just keep canoodling with your rich white friends...like O.J. did.

Please do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6