It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nas wrote:
I agree with Vegan and everyone knows that I love Kobe. LeBron is the most physically talented player in the history of the game. The it factor is likely the reason he's lost so much in the Finals

I think Wilt was a most physically talented player in the history of the game. Most people do not remember or never saw what a great athlete the man was.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:
I agree with Vegan and everyone knows that I love Kobe. LeBron is the most physically talented player in the history of the game. The it factor is likely the reason he's lost so much in the Finals

I think Wilt was a most physically talented player in the history of the game. Most people do not remember or never saw what a great athlete the man was.

I watched film. I don't see the "great" athleticism. It's great for a 7 footer.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:51 pm 

Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

Wilt was a World Class athlete.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 1:58 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

Don't put much stock in jumping into sandpits in 1950

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:02 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I don't want to go to far here...this is a dude nearing his 60s who can't let something as trivial as a 30 year old sportsmanship oversight slide. Dude, you're 60 years old. Let it go.

Secondly, remember, for all his excellence on the court, this dude is a complete joke off the court. Look at the debacle as GM in DC where instead of pushing the development of his young players forward, he signed a 40 year old SG to hog the ball and a coach who made sure to run everything through that 40 year old. This stunted the development of his players before he got rightfully canned. Then he buys a dogshit franchise and says, you know what, I think I kind of like dogshit, and they've been dogshit ever since he took over.

Just to balance our perspective...

Beautiful day for fishing

Poor vegan. He hitched his wagon to “LeBron is the GOAT” years ago and is just getting embarrassed for that take by this documentary.

Yeah, that objective documentary of Michael Jordan by Michael Jordan with quality control offered by Michael Jordan. Probably the fairest take we're gonna get possible. :lol:

As for GOAT, I never said LBJ is goat. Stop putting words in my mouth, friend. I said LBJ is more talented. If LBJ had Mike's pathological competitiveness then he would be GOAT and would have won 10 straight titles. if I need to win a game I'm taking Mike or Kobe. If I'm building the perfect basketball player I'm starting with LBJ.

Read what you just posted. It doesn’t make any fucking sense. The most talented player in the history of basketball is the best player in the history of basketball, aka the GOAT. . And it’s Michael Jordan. Quit with the semantics games, just makes you sound like a moron and you’re not.

And you’ve definitely, without a doubt, said LeBron is the goat. I think it was most notable after the 2016 Finals.

Quotes or didn't happen. You should know me by now - I don't run away from stuff I said, I own it regardless of whether it's right or wrong. If I said LBJ is GOAT I wouldn't run away from it. I've been very consistent in saying he's more talented than MJ.

I wouldn't say this is semantics. MJ as GOAT folks only say that because of the rings. If he had no rings but was just as lethal on the court no one would say he's GOAT. GOAT as discussed here and most other places is inextricably linked to rings, not just talent.

I would probably ask you to explain by more talented. If you are saying that he was more athletically gifted than Jordan I would even disagree about that.

Jordan was both fast and quick where as Lebron is merely fast. Lebron has never been all that quick. Jordan was also much more agile than Lebron happens to be.

I'd given Lebron the edge in terms of physical strength but Jordan was plenty strong too. Leaping ability edge goes to Jordan. Lebron is taller but Jordan was longer.

Jordan had one the quickest first steps the league has ever seen

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:07 pm 

Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:
Wilt won the Big 8 (which is now the Big XII) championships three years running by high jumping upwards of 50 inches on the high jump.
Wilt won the Big 8 (which is now the Big XII) championships three years running by high jumping upwards of 50 inches on the high jump.

As a Kansas track and field athlete, Wilt ran a sub-eleven second 100m, a forty-nine second 400m in “baggy sweats”, and a 1:58.3 second 800m. All while being a 7’1” Goliath of a man.

Last edited by long time guy on Sun May 03, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:11 pm 

Yeah well, I still watched film. Hakeem would tear his ass up.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:14 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Yeah but Wilt has Athletic accomplishments that Akeem could never hope to touch as a basketball player. I'm an Akeem fan but he was nowhere near the athlete that Wilt was. I also have my doubts as to whether he would "tear his ass up" either

I have seen some film on Wilt too.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:33 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Yeah but Wilt has Athletic accomplishments that Akeem could never hope to touch as a basketball player. I'm an Akeem fan but he was nowhere near the athlete that Wilt was. I also have my doubts as to whether he would "tear his ass up" either

I have seen some film on Wilt too.

The dipsy doo would end up in the 20th row.

I've seen specific clips that supposedly showed his athletic prowess....underwhelmed.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:37 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

He played 47 minutes a game while taking a beating. By all accounts he was a phenomenal athlete and clearly had world class endurance.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:40 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Nardi wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Quote:

As a Kansas track and field athlete, Wilt ran a sub-eleven second 100m, a forty-nine second 400m in “baggy sweats”, and a 1:58.3 second 800m. All while being a 7’1” Goliath of a man.

An old timer here in our town that died a couple years back competed against Wilt in the high jump. Got his picture with him from back in the day. He said young Wilt was the most impressive thing he had ever seen in his life.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:54 pm 

I would say watch clips of Wilt and then watch clips of Dream and if you honestly say Wilt is a better athlete, I'll accept it. I won't agree, but I'll accept it.

Hakeem didn't pick up a basketball until age 17. He was smooth as hell, and strong like a bull. He put the ball in the hoop from awkward positions and had the footwork of a forward. Wilt's footwork was oafish, and the only shot he had was the 12-15 ft bank shot. Anything else other than a dunk was an abortion.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 2:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
I would say watch clips of Wilt and then watch clips of Dream and if you honestly say Wilt is a better athlete, I'll accept it. I won't agree, but I'll accept it.

Hakeem didn't pick up a basketball until age 17. He was smooth as hell, and strong like a bull. He put the ball in the hoop from awkward positions and had the footwork of a forward. Wilt's footwork was oafish, and the only shot he had was the 12-15 ft bank shot. Anything else other than a dunk was an abortion.

Old clips don't exactly show how athletic someone was. You kinda have to look at the athletic stats or accomplishments and compare them to their peers. Despite being silky smooth, Hakeem couldn't jump as high or run as fast as Wilt and he definitely didn't have the endurance.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 3:00 pm 

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/9 ... ack_field/

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 3:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

conns7901 wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/9akkos/debunking_most_every_wilt_chamberlain_track_field/

So Wilt did have a high jump of 6'6" that could be found but he accomplished it as a freshman and junior in college.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 3:19 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Old clips don't exactly show how athletic someone was. You kinda have to look at the athletic stats or accomplishments and compare them to their peers. Despite being silky smooth, Hakeem couldn't jump as high or run as fast as Wilt and he definitely didn't have the endurance.

I totally accept that. I don't accept that Wilt was the greatest athlete in NBA history. When that is said, I find it to be equivalent to "The Babe Ruth argument". It's disingenous.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 3:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I totally accept that. I don't accept that Wilt was the greatest athlete in NBA history. When that is said, I find it to be equivalent to "The Babe Ruth argument". It's disingenous.

The Ruth stuff is silly. He was a great pitcher and greatest hitter of all time. To suggest that anyone is better or could be better is wrong. Especially Mike Trout.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:11 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

He played 47 minutes a game while taking a beating. By all accounts he was a phenomenal athlete and clearly had world class endurance.

Iirc Wilt actually averaged 48.5 minutes in 62. And aside from Chet Walker in 67, I honestly don't know the name of any Philly teammate he had.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Idiocy. Read up on Wilt’s college days.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
I love Dream...but to say Wilt wouldn't have been able to hang is just stupid.

Wilt's abilities were a full generation ahead of the league. The guy was a freak of nature.

Raise Wilt up from birth in today's world and he'd be a beast if not THE BEAST, in this league.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:32 pm 

GoldenJet wrote:

Wilt's abilities were a full generation ahead of the league. The guy was a freak of nature.

Raise Wilt up from birth in today's world and he'd be a beast if not THE BEAST, in this league.

I agree. Too bad for him he grew up in the 50's.

Don't get mad because Duck Soup just doesn't hold up today. Maybe if Groucho Marx was born in today's world......

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Regular Reader wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

Iirc Wilt actually averaged 48.5 minutes in 62. And aside from Chet Walker in 67, I honestly don't know the name of any Philly teammate he had.

Hal Greer.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
GoldenJet wrote:

Wilt & in-shape Shaq would be a hell of a matchup.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Makes $100M more a year off his shoes than any other player nearly 20 years since his last retirement.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/michael-jo ... 25572.html

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:26 am 

pizza_Place: Favorite Pizza Place
Nas wrote:
Makes $100M more a year off his shoes than any other player nearly 20 years since his last retirement.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/michael-jo ... 25572.html

:shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 6:43 am 

Duck Soup and the Marx Brothers, and most any "screwball comedy" from the Golden Age, hold up just fine.

As would Wilt. Toss Jim Brown in for good measure.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
Nardi wrote:
The Hawk wrote:
Nas wrote:

He set records in track and field that lasted a pretty long time. Most of the film of Wilt was when he was at the end of his career when he naturally slowed down. He was very gifted. I think that he would have been a big time dominate football player, he was an excellent volleyball player and to think about him being a boxer? Another great big man who was a terrific athlete was the "Dream".

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 12:58 pm 

Does that qualify as an EagloJeff-ism?

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
badrogue17 wrote:
Nice to see Shaq spending the quarantine smoking copious amounts of weed.

You read this all the way to the end right? He was clearly being sarcastic, he is claiming his free throw shooting is the key. He’s making a joke to bait people and it worked.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
He's joking about free throws but he's serious about beating the Bulls.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next