It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:08 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't want to go to far here...this is a dude nearing his 60s who can't let something as trivial as a 30 year old sportsmanship oversight slide. Dude, you're 60 years old. Let it go.

Secondly, remember, for all his excellence on the court, this dude is a complete joke off the court. Look at the debacle as GM in DC where instead of pushing the development of his young players forward, he signed a 40 year old SG to hog the ball and a coach who made sure to run everything through that 40 year old. This stunted the development of his players before he got rightfully canned. Then he buys a dogshit franchise and says, you know what, I think I kind of like dogshit, and they've been dogshit ever since he took over.

Just to balance our perspective...

Beautiful day for fishing

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
I don't want to go to far here...this is a dude nearing his 60s who can't let something as trivial as a 30 year old sportsmanship oversight slide. Dude, you're 60 years old. Let it go.

Secondly, remember, for all his excellence on the court, this dude is a complete joke off the court. Look at the debacle as GM in DC where instead of pushing the development of his young players forward, he signed a 40 year old SG to hog the ball and a coach who made sure to run everything through that 40 year old. This stunted the development of his players before he got rightfully canned. Then he buys a dogshit franchise and says, you know what, I think I kind of like dogshit, and they've been dogshit ever since he took over.

Yeah when that eulogy for Jordan is finally written the thing that Millions and Millions of people are going to say that they remember the most was that he was the owner of a shitty NBA franchise.

:lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 3:17 pm 

RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Poor vegan. He hitched his wagon to “LeBron is the GOAT” years ago and is just getting embarrassed for that take by this documentary.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Hell I forgot he was the GM in DC. And I lived in DC at the time!

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:14 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 6:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah when that eulogy for Jordan is finally written the thing that Millions and Millions of people are going to say that they remember the most was that he was the owner of a shitty NBA franchise.

Ltg=Jordan
Veganfan=That pg from Puerto Rico

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 8:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:

He's been even better off the court. He's a fuck billionaire.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 9:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Dude has definitely banged a lot of babes, but you really think his body count is actually in the billions?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Dude has definitely banged a lot of babes, but you really think his body count is actually in the billions?

:lol: :lol: Better than Wilt! Someone forgot the ing

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Ltg=Jordan
Veganfan=That pg from Puerto Rico

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Poor vegan. He hitched his wagon to “LeBron is the GOAT” years ago and is just getting embarrassed for that take by this documentary.

Yeah, that objective documentary of Michael Jordan by Michael Jordan with quality control offered by Michael Jordan. Probably the fairest take we're gonna get possible. :lol:

As for GOAT, I never said LBJ is goat. Stop putting words in my mouth, friend. I said LBJ is more talented. If LBJ had Mike's pathological competitiveness then he would be GOAT and would have won 10 straight titles. if I need to win a game I'm taking Mike or Kobe. If I'm building the perfect basketball player I'm starting with LBJ.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 10:56 am 

How can he be the perfect basketball player without the mental side of things?

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:21 am 

RFDC wrote:

Well, he's not a headcase or anything like that. He's a three time champ who's at the center of one of the greatest underdog victories in recent memory. Ironically he's the reason why the 72-10 Bulls season is better than the 73-9 Warriors season. The will to win is there it's just not pathological like it was for Jordan and Kobe, but it's still elite.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:28 am 
100000 CLUB

I agree with Vegan and everyone knows that I love Kobe. LeBron is the most physically talented player in the history of the game. The it factor is likely the reason he's lost so much in the Finals

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:35 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Well, he's not a headcase or anything like that. He's a three time champ who's at the center of one of the greatest underdog victories in recent memory. Ironically he's the reason why the 72-10 Bulls season is better than the 73-9 Warriors season. The will to win is there it's just not pathological like it was for Jordan and Kobe, but it's still elite.

I am not calling him a head case or anything close, but if I am going to call someone the perfect basketball player they need to have the perfect mental game as well and Lebron does not. MJ did.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:35 am 

RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

We need some iconoclasm here man, just a bit. Too much hero worship. Guys are treating Jordan as if he would have won six titles with clones of Eddy Curry comprising the rest of the starting lineup.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:41 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

We need some iconoclasm here man, just a bit. Too much hero worship. Guys are treating Jordan as if he would have won six titles with clones of Eddy Curry comprising the rest of the starting lineup.

It was a thread started to give reasons that people love Jordan.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:44 am 

RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Ain't the first time a thread was derailed. I love him as a player but there's a case to be made that overall he's just a bad human who was only successful for about a 12 year period. The rest of his life is thoroughly mediocre, at best.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:44 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Ain't the first time a thread was derailed. I love him as a player but there's a case to be made that overall he's just a bad human who was only successful for about a 12 year period. The rest of his life is thoroughly mediocre, at best.

Post-NBA Kobe would have wasted post-NBA Jordan.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
I agree with Vegan and everyone knows that I love Kobe. LeBron is the most physically talented player in the history of the game. The it factor is likely the reason he's lost so much in the Finals

It's close. Lebron is stronger but MJ was quicker and faster. There's evidence Michael had a better vertical leap. It's undeniable Michael was quicker laterally(defense). I will concede LeBron has better peripheral vision.

As far as overall basketball skills, which has to include the mental aspects, decision making, leadership, and the bottom line, winning, it isn't even close. You have to put LeBron behind at least 4 guys in my lifetime.

There's a signature play that Iverson talks about. Most have seen it. AI breaks Jordan's ankles and throws down a jump shot. Iverson concedes, "If you look closely, he STILL almost blocked the shot."

My bottom line is this. Jordan always found a way to put up a good shot. It was a knack to put up a good shot that I have never seen before or since.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
veganfan21 wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Post-NBA Kobe would have wasted post-NBA Jordan.

Post-NBA Kobe is dead. MJ wins again.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 1:25 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Post-NBA Kobe is dead. MJ wins again.

too soon, man

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:26 pm 

Post NBA playing stuff means nothing to me in this discussion. No one hangs a poster on their wall of an NBA owner/GM or anything else that anyone does after their playing days.

Sure if we are having a discussion of the best human being to ever play the game of basketball MJ would not make the list. Lebron would be the ideal guy. And before we put Kobe too far up that list lets not forget the rape charges that were brought against him. So he would be way closer to MJ on that list than to Lebron.

Here is how I see things and I understand others may see it differently and that is fine, but here is my opinion. The mid to late 80s Michael Jordan was the most talented athletically gifted person to ever play any sport. The 90s Jordan was the best total basketball player we have ever seen.

Lebron is a great player. He is a freak of nature. But he is not Jordan, and he never will be. Kobe was the closest thing we have seen to Jordan and yet he is pretty far away from the greatness of Jordan as well.

Again, I realize others disagree and have different opinions. That is fine. But one thing for sure is not going to change my mind in this discussion is anything Jordan has done or not done past his playing days.

Maybe one day we will see a basketball player that is better. But so far we have not.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:26 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Yeah, that objective documentary of Michael Jordan by Michael Jordan with quality control offered by Michael Jordan. Probably the fairest take we're gonna get possible. :lol:

As for GOAT, I never said LBJ is goat. Stop putting words in my mouth, friend. I said LBJ is more talented. If LBJ had Mike's pathological competitiveness then he would be GOAT and would have won 10 straight titles. if I need to win a game I'm taking Mike or Kobe. If I'm building the perfect basketball player I'm starting with LBJ.

Hypothetical LeBron makes an appearance!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:44 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Read what you just posted. It doesn’t make any fucking sense. The most talented player in the history of basketball is the best player in the history of basketball, aka the GOAT. . And it’s Michael Jordan. Quit with the semantics games, just makes you sound like a moron and you’re not.

And you’ve definitely, without a doubt, said LeBron is the goat. I think it was most notable after the 2016 Finals.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:18 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Read what you just posted. It doesn’t make any fucking sense. The most talented player in the history of basketball is the best player in the history of basketball, aka the GOAT. . And it’s Michael Jordan. Quit with the semantics games, just makes you sound like a moron and you’re not.

And you’ve definitely, without a doubt, said LeBron is the goat. I think it was most notable after the 2016 Finals.

Quotes or didn't happen. You should know me by now - I don't run away from stuff I said, I own it regardless of whether it's right or wrong. If I said LBJ is GOAT I wouldn't run away from it. I've been very consistent in saying he's more talented than MJ.

I wouldn't say this is semantics. MJ as GOAT folks only say that because of the rings. If he had no rings but was just as lethal on the court no one would say he's GOAT. GOAT as discussed here and most other places is inextricably linked to rings, not just talent.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:26 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Post NBA playing stuff means nothing to me in this discussion. No one hangs a poster on their wall of an NBA owner/GM or anything else that anyone does after their playing days.

Sure if we are having a discussion of the best human being to ever play the game of basketball MJ would not make the list. Lebron would be the ideal guy. And before we put Kobe too far up that list lets not forget the rape charges that were brought against him. So he would be way closer to MJ on that list than to Lebron.

Here is how I see things and I understand others may see it differently and that is fine, but here is my opinion. The mid to late 80s Michael Jordan was the most talented athletically gifted person to ever play any sport. The 90s Jordan was the best total basketball player we have ever seen.

Lebron is a great player. He is a freak of nature. But he is not Jordan, and he never will be. Kobe was the closest thing we have seen to Jordan and yet he is pretty far away from the greatness of Jordan as well.

Again, I realize others disagree and have different opinions. That is fine. But one thing for sure is not going to change my mind in this discussion is anything Jordan has done or not done past his playing days.

Maybe one day we will see a basketball player that is better. But so far we have not.

I respect your views. I'd push you to break things down a little. What is "greatness"? For you and others, it's linked to rings. I don't find that too controversial, but I also don't wholeheartedly agree. Again, in all sports, there are MANY players who exude "greatness" but don't have any rings to show for it, or not as many as MJ and others do. Jordan's own greatness is a big part of why he has six rings, but so is circumstance. FF and maybe you seem to think one's own greatness should inexorably lead to rings. I'm just saying context matters, too. This translates to say the following: without Pippen and Grant in 1987, none of this maybe happens. All things equal, is MJ then still the GOAT? I think your argument runs into trouble there.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 9:27 pm 

That’s objectively a lie. I’ve told you several times why Jordan is better than LeBron without once mentioning rings. Last time we discussed it, you were the one who brought up winning with your ridiculous Gary Payton and Charles Barkley comment. Not me.

And you’ve definitely said LeBron is the GOAT in multiple occasions but I’m not bored enough to go searching through your post history. You’re still trying to say it the nonsensical “more talented” bullshit that implies LeBron hasn’t dedicated his entire life to being the best basketball player he can be.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:51 am 

pizza_Place: The Hut
Nardi wrote:
I will concede LeBron has better peripheral vision.

I would not concede that - peripheral or otherwise.

Al Michaels tells a story about how superhuman Jordan's eyesight was (roughly 3 times better acuity than a person with normal good eyesight).

They had just finished a round of golf, and him, Jordan, and Joe Morgan were drinking beers at the "19th Hole", when someone asked a question about the McGwire vs Sosa home run race. Jordan effortlessly peers over 50 feet to read the 27 inch tube TV (well before the advent of HDTV) with the tiny ESPN scrolling ticker at the bottom of the screen and proceeds to read every word verbatim. Michaels was dumbfounded.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2vtbvs

On a standard 27 inch tube TV, the screen would have been about 22 inches high, so the type of just a Capital Letter would have been roughly .66 inches in height (or 46 pt font), with a lowercase letter being about .44 inches high.

Minimum recommendations for viewing at 50 feet (based on using black Helvetica text on a white background and assumes someone with good eyesight in good light) are 125 Pt font (1.73" - or about 3 times the height of the ESPN ticker)

Roid-raging LeBron ain't a hair on MJ's ballsack.

Election 2020-The Largest Fraud in the History of Mankind.

*If you believe that Biden won, you also believe that Epstein killed himself*

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 9:54 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I respect your views. I'd push you to break things down a little. What is "greatness"? For you and others, it's linked to rings. I don't find that too controversial, but I also don't wholeheartedly agree. Again, in all sports, there are MANY players who exude "greatness" but don't have any rings to show for it, or not as many as MJ and others do. Jordan's own greatness is a big part of why he has six rings, but so is circumstance. FF and maybe you seem to think one's own greatness should inexorably lead to rings. I'm just saying context matters, too. This translates to say the following: without Pippen and Grant in 1987, none of this maybe happens. All things equal, is MJ then still the GOAT? I think your argument runs into trouble there.

It doesn't come down to rings. Of the many reasons that people consider him the greatest player of All Time rings would be 5 or 6 on the list.

If it were all about rings then Bill Russell would be considered the greatest ever. He definitely would be considered to be better than Wilt. He isn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 179 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next