It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
With the release of the Bulls documentary, there's been a resurgence of a narrative around the Bulls being able to court free agents. Does anyone actually believe that Jordan's treatment at the end of his Bulls run is still impacting free agents from coming to Chicago? Do you think that Anthony Davis didn't come here because Jordan didn't get fair equity in the Bulls? The most recent mentions have been coming from Greenstein and Wittenmyer and I couldn't disagree more.

Last edited by Crystal Lake Hoffy on Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I dont think it has any impact at all really.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:24 pm 

Most of the guys in the league barely know who MJ is anymore. Are there any guys active today that played during his time besides dinosaur Vince Carter?

I'm sure there was a period where free agents told the Bulls to fuck themselves, but that period is long gone.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Douchebag wrote:
Most of the guys in the league barely know who MJ is anymore. Are there any guys active today that played during his time besides dinosaur Vince Carter?

I'm sure there was a period where free agents told the Bulls to fuck themselves, but that period is long gone.

GarPax and the cold weather are factors; Knicks can't attract anyone and they have the same problem.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I think part of the problem is the legacy and how it ended.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Forman's toxicity was a problem. It's documented. That aside the weather is a problem. If we had more connections to agents and other influencers behind the scenes (think world wide Wes) then that might be an equalizer. But we don't play like that. We send Benny the Bull to O'Hare and create Power Point presentations.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:58 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Forman's toxicity was a problem. It's documented. That aside the weather is a problem. If we had more connections to agents and other influencers behind the scenes (think world wide Wes) then that might be an equalizer. But we don't play like that. We send Benny the Bull to O'Hare and create Power Point presentations.

I think that will change now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:08 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Are we going to construct bridges to the underbelly of the basketball world or not. I think that's the question. The stuff that allows you to snag Durant and Irving (even though Irving sucks), or LBJ in LA. You have to hire people connected to that world.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:17 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Are we going to construct bridges to the underbelly of the basketball world or not. I think that's the question. The stuff that allows you to snag Durant and Irving (even though Irving sucks), or LBJ in LA. You have to hire people connected to that world.

We have to see if that works with the Knicks first. If AK and his general manager have good relationships with agents, it will help. We can never be an attraction like the Lakers and maybe the Heat. You either have to draft a superstar or have a good young core to attract 1-2 stars like the Nets did.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:23 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

We have to see if that works with the Knicks first. If AK and his general manager have good relationships with agents, it will help. We can never be an attraction like the Lakers and maybe the Heat. You either have to draft a superstar or have a good young core to attract 1-2 stars like the Nets did.

Oh we've had really good cores in the past, as you know. Didn't amount to anything in free agency. I'm still fixated on connections to players. Basically soft tampering via proxies connected to the team.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Is this a serious thread?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:29 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Oh we've had really good cores in the past, as you know. Didn't amount to anything in free agency. I'm still fixated on connections to players. Basically soft tampering via proxies connected to the team.

Totally different management now. No Forman, Paxson way in the background, all those players who grew up watching Jordan are nearing the end of their prime. If you have management who the players and agents like and respect, you can attract those players. I don't think we'll be using Benny the Bull and PowerPoint presentations anymore :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
With the release of the Bulls documentary, there's been a resurgence of a narrative around the Bulls being able to court free agents. Does anyone actually believe that Jordan's treatment at the end of his Bulls run is still impacting free agents from coming to Chicago? Do you think that Anthony Davis didn't come here because Jordan didn't get fair equity in the Bulls? The most recent mentions have been coming from Greenstein and Wittenmyer and I couldn't disagree more.

No, because free agents have never come here. I know no one wants to admit it, but the Bulls were a one trick pony. Before Jordan, their biggest claim to fame was that Bob Newhart mentioned them on his mid 70's sit-com.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Agents want max money. Illinois being a high tax state has an impact.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:22 pm 

That doesn't play much of a role to be honest. Did Durant and Irving agree to sign with the Nets because they are a great organization?

The reason that guys blow off the Bulls is because they haven't really been good lately.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:22 pm 

long time guy wrote:
That doesn't play much of a role to be honest. Did Durant and Irving agree to sign with the Nets because they are a great organization?

The reason that guys blow off the Bulls is because they haven't really been good lately.

Oh yes, the historically great Brooklyn Nets.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:15 am 

It's a bitch league now. Great players don't want to compete against each other. They want to play with each other for a couple years until they hate each other for bitchy reasons and then move on to their next best friend's team. The Bulls just don't have anyone who is anyone's bestie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
veganfan21 wrote:
Oh we've had really good cores in the past, as you know. Didn't amount to anything in free agency.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:20 am 

Phil Leotardo wrote:
Agents want max money. Illinois being a high tax state has an impact.

Less than half of what California is. Orlando sucks and there is no state tax there.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Oh we've had really good cores in the past, as you know. Didn't amount to anything in free agency.

:lol: :lol:

Will never get old.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:14 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Will never get old.

One of my all time favorite gifs