It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:08 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
whistler wrote:
Tonight, the seminal, penultimate Game 7!

I'm beginning to suspect whistler is an American Factotum mult. The final game of a series can be neither seminal nor penultimate; this sentence was expertly crafted just to annoy me.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Curious Hair wrote:
whistler wrote:
Tonight, the seminal, penultimate Game 7!

I'm beginning to suspect whistler is an American Factotum mult. The final game of a series can be neither seminal nor penultimate; this sentence was expertly crafted just to annoy me.

:lol: that's awesome

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:11 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Even allowing for the possibility that it was the second-to-last time they played the seventh game of a series, everybody knows the Utah series only went six. Ahh!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Michael passed Kareem for all time lead in points in this game.

Wonder if that still holds up to this day.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:54 pm 

I love Isaiah: "This is where you miss a Jason Caffey. He could come in and bang bodies down there. Now instead of a Jason Caffey you have to go to a Dickey Simpkins" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the context is that Costas mentioned that Simpkins is in in the 4th quarter of a Game 7.

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Joynt, Milan IL
whistler wrote:
I love Isaiah: "This is where you miss a Jason Caffey. He could come in and bang bodies down there. Now instead of a Jason Caffey you have to go to a Dickey Simpkins" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

the context is that Costas mentioned that Simpkins is in in the 4th quarter of a Game 7.

Was Jason Caffey ever active on a Bulls playoff roster? Thought that both he and Simpkins were routinely in street clothes in 96 and 97. During game 5 I think, they mentioned that the Bulls had picked Simpkins up off waivers after Golden St released him. Didn’t know that...

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:56 pm 

QuadCityDope wrote:
whistler wrote:

Was Jason Caffey ever active on a Bulls playoff roster? Thought that both he and Simpkins were routinely in street clothes in 96 and 97. During game 5 I think, they mentioned that the Bulls had picked Simpkins up off waivers after Golden St released him. Didn’t know that...

Caffey was active in 96 and 97. Kind of a big part of the bench.

He was not on the roster at all in 98, I think they traded him somewhere after 97.

Simpkins also was on the team in 96 and 97. They then traded him for Burrell I think, then picked him back up midseason when Golden St waived him.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:52 am 

pizza_Place: Favorite Pizza Place
whistler wrote:
QuadCityDope wrote:
whistler wrote:

Caffey was active in 96 and 97. Kind of a big part of the bench.

He was not on the roster at all in 98, I think they traded him somewhere after 97.

Simpkins also was on the team in 96 and 97. They then traded him for Burrell I think, then picked him back up midseason when Golden St waived him.

Yeah then went back to the Warriors, and ended up on the Bucks for a few seasons.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
caffey was an OK bench guy. undersized power forward. simpkins was worthless.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:11 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Watched Game 7 from the Sports Book at Caesars. The day before a bunch of took shrooms by the pool at MGM. I wanted to get a tan and with only two days of pool time I decided to speed up the process by using sun tan oil. Big mistake, ended up with second degree sunburn and blisters all over my back and arms. Some lady saw me from across the pool and walked over and handed me a bottle of sun screen cause she felt sorry for me. Now that was a good weekend.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Hatchetman wrote:
caffey was an OK bench guy. undersized power forward. simpkins was worthless.

seconded. Caffey was a good player. Jordan seemed to pick on him a lot but he was a good high energy guy, I always felt he could have been better. Simpkins was beyond worthless. Truly not a basketball player. Reminded me of an extremely poor man's Duane Causwell.