It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I'm fine with the Create A Player guy.

Don't trade up, don't come away from tonight with LaMelo Ball. If those two things don't happen I won't be upset with whatever else they do.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:48 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I'm fine with the Create A Player guy.

Don't trade up, don't come away from tonight with LaMelo Ball. If those two things don't happen I won't be upset with whatever else they do.

THat is pretty much where I am as well. I dont want them to trade up. I would be happy trading down. I am going to trust this new guy and see what he can do.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
with the 4th pick Avdija trade Lavine to the Cavs for Thompson and their pick and take Toppin

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's

Quote:
League sources say the Warriors are weighing whether to accept a trade offered by the Bulls that would send Chicago their no. 2 overall pick for Wendell Carter Jr. and the fourth pick. If the Bulls trade up, sources believe they’ll select Wiseman.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
You can't teach height. I think it's a little absurd to trade Wendell AND #4 to just move up 2 spots but if they can get Wiseman, fuck it. You can't teach 7'1". That's your fucking Center. Not some 6'9" dude who misses a few months every season.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:47 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
You can't teach height. I think it's a little absurd to trade Wendell AND #4 to just move up 2 spots but if they can get Wiseman, fuck it. You can't teach 7'1". That's your fucking Center. Not some 6'9" dude who misses a few months every season.

I don’t know if Wiseman is good or not but I truly hope the FO isn’t concerned about height primarily. Give me a skilled 6’9’’ guy over a 7’1” stiff any day.

I agree that if Wendell only plays 40 games a year going forward the trade might be worth it. That seems very unlikely.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

I don’t know if Wiseman is good or not but I truly hope the FO isn’t concerned about height primarily. Give me a skilled 6’9’’ guy over a 7’1” stiff any day.

I agree that if Wendell only plays 40 games a year going forward the trade might be worth it. That seems very unlikely.

He's not a 7'1" stiff though, he's pretty explosive (for a man his size). I think there's a reason Wiseman was the #1 recruit in the country.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:04 pm 

Wiseman will be great. IN DUE TIME!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:05 pm 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

He's not a 7'1" stiff though, he's pretty explosive (for a man his size). I think there's a reason Wiseman was the #1 recruit in the country.

We have no idea what he will be. NBA history is littered with top 5 big man draft picks who became stiffs.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

We have no idea what he will be. NBA history is littered with top 5 big man draft picks who became stiffs.

I read a great draft preview that noted wiseman ‘has the potential to develop a jump shot.’

So it’s possible - nay, plausible - he may some day work on being effective in the modern nba. Sign me up.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:12 pm 

Nothing beats NBA draft previews. I still remember I think it was Jay Bilas who said Bargnani had "a solid chance to become a solid pro". Definitely encouraging for the 1st overall pick in the draft!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Nothing beats NBA draft previews. I still remember I think it was Jay Bilas who said Bargnani had "a solid chance to become a solid pro". Definitely encouraging for the 1st overall pick in the draft!

Have you seen his wingspan?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

You're right. Nobody knows what he'll be. I watched 0 James Wiseman games this year, thanks to Penny Hardaway.

We know he's not a stiff though. You can spend 5 minutes on YouTube and see his footwork, speed, athleticism, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:19 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Who was the Chinese guy who dominated his predraft work outs against a stationary chair?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:27 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Who was the Chinese guy who dominated his predraft work outs against a stationary chair?

Who is Yi Jianlian, Alex?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Chairman Yi!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Ron Wolfley wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Who is Yi Jianlian, Alex?

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1406250

lol

Quote:
Chris Mannix of The Vertical confirmed that Yi did indeed run drills around a chair. Mannix explained that it didn't quite make sense for Yi to work out against collegiate players who were more advanced in their development, so he conducted a solo workout that involved a folding chair.

However, contrary to the story that circulated later, Mannix said he didn't see Yi try any post moves or dribble around the chair as if it were an actual human defending him. It was merely a prop that served as a screener in a shooting drill, according to Mannix.

Nevertheless, the story of Yi and the chair took on a life of its own and ultimately became the punch line to jokes about his disappointing career. He only averaged 7.9 points per game on 40.4 percent shooting in five seasons before returning to China.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
League is loaded with big men what will this guy be a top 6-10?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:55 pm 

Wendell doesn't want to play Center. Give me a Markkanen/Wiseman front court please.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2020/3/31/21201252/player-breakdowns-bulls-wendell-carter-jr-position-change

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Pace advised the Bulls to trade the 4th pick and future lottery protected first round pick to the Cavs for the 5th pick.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:53 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Pace advised the Bulls to trade the 4th pick and future lottery protected first round pick to the Cavs for the 5th pick.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:57 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

Said earlier in the top secret FB chat that there are big Ryan Pace vibes around trading Wendell/#4 for #2 and getting a guy you probably could have had at 4 anyway.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Said earlier in the top secret FB chat that there are big Ryan Pace vibes around trading Wendell/#4 for #2 and getting a guy you probably could have had at 4 anyway.

I saw a story on that as well and the first thing I thought about was Pace. Isn't this like a horrible draft anyway? Who the fuck are you gonna get at 2 that's appreciably better than the guy at 4? And if carter was in this draft wouldn't he be a top 5 lock anyway? :lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:00 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

If they trade for 2 and do not take Wisemen, I will already be done with AK.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:04 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

That's fair.

I said when he was hired I want to give AK the benefit of the doubt and give him like a 1.5-2 year grace period before bitching that he sucks but if he gives up Wendell to move up two spots, or drafts Ball at all tonight, that's gonna already test my patience.

Bulls made some very Anti-Reinsdorf moves this summer handing the car keys to a total outsider and then actually hiring a coach who has coached before so I think some optimism and patience are warranted a bit.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:06 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Same here, unless the Israeli kid I think they want turns into a baller.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:07 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:10 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Same here, unless the Israeli kid I think they want turns into a baller.

I think anyone besides Ball or the sixth man from Florida St Patrcik Williams is fine. Avdija will be there at 4. If they trade up for him it is a total Pace move.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:11 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Maybe Jim Boylen is still making the calls? Cowley has no sources at this point.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

That's fair.

I said when he was hired I want to give AK the benefit of the doubt and give him like a 1.5-2 year grace period before bitching that he sucks but if he gives up Wendell to move up two spots, or drafts Ball at all tonight, that's gonna already test my patience.

Bulls made some very Anti-Reinsdorf moves this summer handing the car keys to a total outsider and then actually hiring a coach who has coached before so I think some optimism and patience are warranted a bit.

Ball is going to be the best player in this draft.