It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Patrick Williams
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:16 pm 

Liberal Lion wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
The only person who could hold Michael under 30?

Dean Smith.

Yep and there probably was some of that going on here. College Coaches have historically shitted on guys in an effort to prevent them from going pro. I think that may have been what happened here.

This is the only the hope this guy ends up being worth it. Highlight tapes can make anyone look good. The fact this draft appears to be a pile of shit may make this moot regardless.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Sanfratellos
conns7901 wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:
GoldenJet wrote:
The only person who could hold Michael under 30?

Dean Smith.

Yep and there probably was some of that going on here. College Coaches have historically shitted on guys in an effort to prevent them from going pro. I think that may have been what happened here.

This is the only the hope this guy ends up being worth it. Highlight tapes can make anyone look good. The fact this draft appears to be a pile of shit may make this moot regardless.

Not everyone. Some highlight tapes are shitty as hell. His wasn't. There was much more of a skillset than accepted.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Liberal Lion wrote:
I actually think AK struck gold on this one. The whole he wasn't even a "starter on his college team" thus he has to be bust isn't a deterrent either. College coaches are notorious for trying to hide guys from the NBA. That's probably what happened here.

I wish I had the benefit of watching him play in the summer league before making an assessment but I don't.

The other thing about Williams' "reserve" status is that he actually averaged the third-highest number of minutes on the team. So he didn't start, but he did play "starters' minutes" and was typically on the floor at the end of games.

I'm with you, LTG. I actually like this pick a lot. Hopefully it will pay off.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:42 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:
I actually think AK struck gold on this one. The whole he wasn't even a "starter on his college team" thus he has to be bust isn't a deterrent either. College coaches are notorious for trying to hide guys from the NBA. That's probably what happened here.

I wish I had the benefit of watching him play in the summer league before making an assessment but I don't.

The other thing about Williams' "reserve" status is that he actually averaged the third-highest number of minutes on the team. So he didn't start, but he did play "starters' minutes" and was typically on the floor at the end of games.

I'm with you, LTG. I actually like this pick a lot. Hopefully it will pay off.

Yeah me too. 19 years old and already has an NBA body. Has much more of a game than I thought that he'd have too..

What I like most from AK is that he didn't play it safe. It would have been so easy to simply go with the kid from Israel, Toppin, Haliburton etc but he didn’t. He went with the guy he believes to be the best available at that spot. He also went with the guy from the group that has the best chance of being a star. I like it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:45 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm with Midge and LTG on this. The more I hear about this kid's attitude, the more I like the pick. This was supposedly a weak draft and I like taking the chance on a player like him.,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Makes sense in that it appears the Bulls are taking an, "Organizational red shirt year", where do not expect to win, will evaluate what they have, and see if the young players will develop under the new staff then take an actual shot at improving the team next year.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset

He's pretty smooth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset

If anyone cares about Spencer Dinwiddie's opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:36 am 

Liberal Lion wrote:

Not everyone. Some highlight tapes are shitty as hell. His wasn't. There was much more of a skillset than accepted.

If you can not make someone look good from a highlight tape you are doing it wrong. The last player to go this high as a 6th man was Marvin Williams. How that work out?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:07 am 

conns7901 wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:

If you can not make someone look good from a highlight tape you are doing it wrong. The last player to go this high as a 6th man was Marvin Williams. How that work out?

If you really believe that this kid should have come off the bench for that Florida State team then you are wrong.

I don't watch a ton of college hoops these days but at one point I did. There is no doubt that the only reason he came off the bench was because Hamilton was trying to hide him from the NBA guys.

Its the same stunt that college coaches have been pulling for years. Create the perception that he Isn't"NBA ready". Good thing "AK-47 is the tool" didn't fall for it.

This kid is a stud. Book It!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
conns7901 wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:

So you're predicting future performance based on a sample size of one over the past 20 years?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:25 am 

:lol: conns is really digging in on his opinion. He better hope it is right

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:44 am 

RFDC wrote:

It isn't.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:44 am 

RFDC wrote:

He will be closer to bust than Kawhi. If I am wrong then that is a good thing.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 am 

FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:

So you're predicting future performance based on a sample size of one over the past 20 years?

Name all of the top 5 picks in the NBA draft who played college ball and did not start?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:46 am 

conns7901 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

He will be closer to bust than Kawhi. If I am wrong then that is a good thing.

You're currently hedging thats all. He won't be a bust. Book it!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:47 am 

conns7901 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:

Name all of the top 5 picks in the NBA draft who played college ball and did not start?

I don't need to. The point of my post is still correct - you're making assumptions off of comically small sample sizes. That's a pretty poor method of evaluation.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:49 am 

There is a whole lot of room between bust and Kawhi. He will be somewhere in the middle.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:50 am 

FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:

I don't need to. The point of my post is still correct - you're making assumptions off of comically small sample sizes. That's a pretty poor method of evaluation.

No its not. It is common sense.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:53 am 

:lol: It's literally the opposite of that. Your argument is completely nonsensical.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:53 am 

FavreFan wrote:
:lol: It's literally the opposite of that. Your argument is completely nonsensical.

:lol: yep common sense would be to say that no one really knows who he is and we will give AK some room to prove whether he is bad or good

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:54 am 

RFDC wrote:
There is a whole lot of room between bust and Kawhi. He will be somewhere in the middle.

Otto Porter Jr 2.0 gets a chance to learn from Otto Porter Jr

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:54 am 

conns7901 wrote:
No its not. It is common sense.

There is no way this kid was the 2nd best let alone 6th best player on that team. His is but another example of why the college game sucks so much to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:56 am 

RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:lol: yep common sense would be to say that no one really knows who he is and we will give AK some room to prove whether he is bad or good

Nah all you have to do is watch him play which i have, albeit in limited action. It didn't take long if you kmow what to look for in a basketball player.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:57 am 

Liberal Lion wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Nah all you have to do is watch him play which i have, albeit in limited action. It didn't take long if you kmow what to look for in a basketball player.

You are trying to hard, the fact that you are not the real ltg is becoming more apparent

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:58 am 

Liberal Lion wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You watched FSU basketball last year?

You aren't ltg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:01 am 

Brick wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:
RFDC wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You watched FSU basketball last year?

You aren't ltg.

Nah I watched highlights. Thats enough for me. Wish I had the summer league this year but no mate. Kids a stud. Book it!

Last edited by Liberal Lion on Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:01 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Again, the point about Williams not being a starter is kind of silly since he logged the third-highest number of minutes on a team that was 26-5 and earned the top seed for the ACC tournament.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:02 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Again, the point about Williams not being a starter is kind of silly since he logged the third-highest number of minutes on a team that was 26-5 and earned the top seed for the ACC tournament.

agreed.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:09 am 

GoldenJet wrote:

If anyone cares about Spencer Dinwiddie's opinion.

We don't care.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next