It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:47 am 

I hope for the sake of all of us Bulls fans he is not. But seems plausible.

Patrick Williams

The biggest riser in the NBA draft rose even higher than people in his camp expected. Williams was widely projected as a late first-round pick after coming off the bench in his one season at Florida State. The biggest question surrounding him is whether he projects as more of a combo big man or a wing who can play at the 3 and the 4. He’s a raw player with the size and strength to bang in the paint, but asking him to play full time on the perimeter might be tough at this stage of his career. If he can’t play as a wing, then playing him next to Lauri Markkanen and Wendell Carter Jr. might be difficult.

Marko Simonovic

Pre-Draft Analysis

A near 7-footer with impressive skill, Simonovic has been one of the most productive young players in Europe for Mega Soccerbet since the start of the current season, averaging 16 points and 10 rebounds per game. He's shooting over 40% for 3 on ample attempts, over 80% from the free throw line the past two seasons and is a much improved passer who can also put the ball on the floor. Simonovic doesn't have a very appealing frame, with narrow shoulders and what appears to be a mediocre wingspan that makes it difficult for him to find a position to defend even in the Adriatic League. That's the main concern projecting him to the NBA, as big men who are neither rim protectors nor capable of guarding the perimeter are increasingly difficult to hide.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

Last edited by conns7901 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:50 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
AK says Williams handles the ball like a point guard.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
conns7901 wrote:
I If he can’t play as a wing, then playing him next to Lauri Markkanen and Wendell Carter Jr. might be difficult.

Are we sure that Carter and Markkanen are going to be on the roster in the long term?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol:

Conns, you’re not a moron. This is a Caller Bob thread. Stay in your lane.

Anyway, the answer is obviously it’s wildly too early too tell anything but it’s hard to be upset about taking a guy like Patrick Williams in a draft like this. He’s clearly a project/potential guy like Ball and without the baggage.

2nd round picks don’t mean shit lol. Fuck it maybe he’s Jokic. Waste of time for guys like us to try to seriously analyze that pick.

We’ll start to know by this time next year what AK is about.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:17 am 

Also, teams want Davis Bertans right now. The bolded part of the 2nd round pick description is just plain country dumb when talking about today’s nba.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:25 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
I If he can’t play as a wing, then playing him next to Lauri Markkanen and Wendell Carter Jr. might be difficult.

Are we sure that Carter and Markkanen are going to be on the roster in the long term?

I like Carter and used to like Lauri but I hope AK isn’t sure of that. My hope is he’s giving these guys a blank slate with at least an average HC and go from there. If he thinks Patrick Williams was the best pick then cool. Let’s give him a year or so to see what he wants to do. He didn’t inherit a great situation.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:26 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Obviously not much is known about Williams but I see the original point. We've seen first time GMs in this town overdraft. Shea McClellan and (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky are high profile examples. The response to each pick was basically: what the hell are you doing drafting him so high.

Hopefully the Bulls tried to trade down if this guy wasn't projected so high but were rebuffed. In the end I suppose it won't matter if he turns into the draft's best player.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:21 am 

Quote:
Chicago’s decision to take Williams will stand as one of the most fascinating evaluations in this draft, both in the short and long-term, and this is a major swing on upside, but also a measured one. Williams was viewed by teams as a potential lottery pick dating back to the spring, and as the entire NBA pored over game film and assessed the draft over the course of the year. The youngest college player in the draft, Williams quietly came into play as Chicago’s likely choice over the past couple days. His physical traits, versatility, and budding skill potential would suggest he can evolve into the type of two-way forward every team in the league covets, capable of scoring inside and out, as well as switching onto bigs and wings defensively. This is Arturas Karnisovas’ first selection at the helm in Chicago, and it should stand as a memorable one, one way or another.

Si.com

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm all for overreaction but it might be a little early for this.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:43 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Yeah it is stupid.

Give AK time. There will be plenty of time down the road to take shots at him if he is bad.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:07 am 

RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Yeah it is stupid.

Give AK time. There will be plenty of time down the road to take shots at him if he is bad.

I have seen to much bad management by the Bulls and Bears over the last decade. Sure it could be an over reaction but I am not a fan of drafting a guy who couldn't start over two guys that are still in college. This screams of a workout warrior that moved up because Gms had too much time on their hands. But at the same time if AK is correct the Bulls will be in great shape. This just reminds me too much of Pace grabbing Mitch.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:13 am 

conns7901 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

Yeah it is stupid.

I have seen to much bad management by the Bulls and Bears over the last decade. Sure it could be an over reaction but I am not a fan of drafting a guy who couldn't start over two guys that are still in college. This screams of a workout warrior that moved up because Gms had too much time on their hands. But at the same time if AK is correct the Bulls will be in great shape. This just reminds me too much of Pace grabbing Mitch.

It is really nothing like Pace getting Mitch. Pace traded up to take a player who was going to fill the biggest need on the team and the most important position. AK stayed at their spot and took what he believes is the best player on the board in a weak class.

Being a QB that cant get on the field in college and guy that is his teams 6th man in basketball is not really the same. Mitch was holding a clipboard on the sidelines while Williams was on the court still playing mins with his team.

So I get your frustration. There is no doubt being a Bear and Bull fan is frustrating, but let's see how this plays out before we start ripping the new guy.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:21 am 

I dig the Pepe le Pew thing he's got going on the top of his head and he sounded great in the interview so I look forward to great things from this very high draft pick I never heard of

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:28 am 

At least they didn't draft a guy who doesn't like basketball like the Timberwolves did.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:30 am 

Brick wrote:
At least they didn't draft a guy who doesn't like basketball like the Timberwolves did.

:lol: I was reading some of that stuff on him. I am really interested in seeing how he does. It would concern me greatly that he does not seem to really enjoy playing basketball and really wants to be doing other things.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
so the kid is a project.... fine. then have a plan for how he can grow and develop and follow through on it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:33 am 

RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:

:lol: I was reading some of that stuff on him. I am really interested in seeing how he does. It would concern me greatly that he does not seem to really enjoy playing basketball and really wants to be doing other things.
There are plenty of people who didn't really like basketball and treated it as a job. I don't know if I'm building my franchise around that person though I know nothing about the Timberwolves besides they cheated to get Joe Smith.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:37 am 

Brick wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Brick wrote:

There are plenty of people who didn't really like basketball and treated it as a job. I don't know if I'm building my franchise around that person though I know nothing about the Timberwolves besides they cheated to get Joe Smith.

Oh it very well may work out and he maybe a great player. But it would be concerning, but maybe the potential is worth it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The Euro center has comps to Jokovich.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:03 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
I was underwhelmed by the pick. But I know shit about him or anyone in the draft so whatever.

Ultimately it just serves as a reminder to how long the time horizon for the whole organization is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:21 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If the draft was as shit as people said, or at least that it was shit outside the top 3 picks, yeah, go for upside. It would have been cool if there was a consensus good pick at 4, but oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

I like Carter and used to like Lauri but I hope AK isn’t sure of that. My hope is he’s giving these guys a blank slate with at least an average HC and go from there. If he thinks Patrick Williams was the best pick then cool. Let’s give him a year or so to see what he wants to do. He didn’t inherit a great situation.

he shouldn't like Lauri. I was against that pick day 1. Carter is a serviceable NBA player.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:27 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

he shouldn't like Lauri. I was against that pick day 1. Carter is a serviceable NBA player.

Ok so we know Lauri is a keeper.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:31 pm 

RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:56 pm 

RFDC wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:01 pm 

:lol: Yeah I was gonna say, that's the most optimistic thing I've heard about Lauri since 2019.

To rock my soul