All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Nardi wrote:

The Chicagos and the Charlottes and the Detroits HAVE to roll the dice.

its funny you're lumping Chicago in with Charlotte and Detroit

The franchise hasn't been driven into the ground? It was the laughingstock of the league last year.

That's true but it was entirely self inflicted. I'm sure there are moves that have turned out worse, but I can't think of a more incompetent decision in recent NBA memory than to extend Jim Boylen as head coach after he proved he was a total shitshow in the interim. It was beyond embarrassing.

Take a look at the Knicks. Their fans were sure they were the team the great players would come to. They aren't and they won't.

It's the Notre Dame syndrome.

I don't think that's true at all. I haven't met or heard of an optimistic Knicks fan since the late 90's. The few I know or follow pretty much expected the disappointment that was last year's free agency for them.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Nardi wrote:

its funny you're lumping Chicago in with Charlotte and Detroit

The franchise hasn't been driven into the ground? It was the laughingstock of the league last year.

That's true but it was entirely self inflicted. I'm sure there are moves that have turned out worse, but I can't think of a more incompetent decision in recent NBA memory than to extend Jim Boylen as head coach after he proved he was a total shitshow in the interim. It was beyond embarrassing.

Take a look at the Knicks. Their fans were sure they were the team the great players would come to. They aren't and they won't.

It's the Notre Dame syndrome.

I don't think that's true at all. I haven't met or heard of an optimistic Knicks fan since the late 90's. The few I know or follow pretty much expected the disappointment that was last year's free agency for them.

Seemed to me they thought Durant was coming.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Sanfratellos
Nardi wrote:
The 4th pick in a weak draft is already a reach. AK did the right thing thing by rolling dice. Pax would taken the dime a dozen Israeli. Just as he took the dime a dozen Carter over Porter. No one wins with dimes.

People laugh at Detroit and Charlotte. I applaud them. For fucksake, they are Detroit and Charlotte. How else can they compete in this environment of great players bunching up and choosing their own teams?

He is the best player in this draft.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Liberal Lion wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The 4th pick in a weak draft is already a reach. AK did the right thing thing by rolling dice. Pax would taken the dime a dozen Israeli. Just as he took the dime a dozen Carter over Porter. No one wins with dimes.

People laugh at Detroit and Charlotte. I applaud them. For fucksake, they are Detroit and Charlotte. How else can they compete in this environment of great players bunching up and choosing their own teams?

Time is the truthteller

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
conns7901 wrote:
I'll say best player on a conference finalist it was a great pick.

Best player on a second round team means he is not a bust.

If he tops out at Best player on a lottery team, ala Zach Lavine = bust.

This has already been discussed above but, with all due respect, this is an INSANE definition of a bust. Unless you're a generational talent like LBJ or Shaq, you're not going to make the playoffs just by virtue of being on the team.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Sanfratellos
Nardi wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Time is the truthteller

By the time truthteller comes along I will have moved on. Others can revise history and Monday morning QB ot as is their want around here but I will have lost interest.

This kid is the truth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Liberal Lion wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Time is the truthteller

By the time truthteller comes along I will have moved on. Others can revise history and Monday morning QB ot as is their want around here but I will have lost interest.

This kid is the truth.

Somebody posted the list of the last 30 #4 earlier. Any projection on where you think he comps on that list?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Nardi wrote:

No way GarPax would have taken Halliburton without a doubt. Iowa State bro.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Liberal Lion wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Time is the truthteller

This kid is the truth.

Somebody posted the list of the last 30 #4 earlier. Any projection on where you think he comps on that list?

Ideally with that group that was picked in the 90’s. If he could be consistent as pretty much any of them I’m good. I would like a Rasheed Wallace career out of him (#4 pick hybrid 4 and funky hair)