It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Bulls 2020-2021 Season
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:42 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The pre-season kicks off in a little over a week....who is excited for the Billy Donovan Era? What are your expectations? Mine are at least a 7th seed in the Central Division.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Caller Bob wrote:
The pre-season kicks off in a little over a week....who is excited for the Billy Donovan Era? What are your expectations? Mine are at least a 7th seed in the Central Division.

I'm somewhat excited to see what a real coach can do with them. I think they have talent but haven't had a coach with a vision on how to use it. If Donovan can get Markkanen back on track & they stay reasonably healthy I think they have a shot at the play-offs. That's not asking much but I'll be happy with baby steps after the last few years.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
blackhawksfan wrote:

:lol: I'm streaming all of Mad Men again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:33 pm 

I know it will prob be another bad year, but I am looking forward to seeing what this new regime can do with the young guys. Maybe there will be some reason for hope moving forward.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I don't think we have the most embarrassing coach in the NBA anymore so I'm optimistic. We'll see.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:55 pm 

play 1st game on christmas day, have full attendance in the stands. if people are scared of the virus, they wont go. if they aren't scared, it's their right to have no fear.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
FavreFan wrote:
I don't think we have the most embarrassing coach in the NBA anymore so I'm optimistic. We'll see.

Fun-bad typically beats bad-bad.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
RFDC wrote:
I know it will prob be another bad year, but I am looking forward to seeing what this new regime can do with the young guys. Maybe there will be some reason for hope moving forward.

This guy gets it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Hopefully Donovan will figure out who the stiffs are by the trade deadline and the new leadership will figure out a way of unloading them if all possible, or else relegating them to DNP-CD until they agree to be bought out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:34 am 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Hopefully Donovan will figure out who the stiffs are by the trade deadline and the new leadership will figure out a way of unloading them if all possible, or else relegating them to DNP-CD until they agree to be bought out.

That’s the idea. 7th seed is possible but I think more like a 10th seed playin appearance is more realistic. Top 6 are solid, Washington with Harden is better than the Bulls. Atlanta improved, Orlando is still solid, but not great. Toronto is still ahead of them etc...

I do expect a much better looking team but not a ton more wins, but we will see who is worth keeping this year and make future moves.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:34 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Fun-bad typically beats bad-bad.

I don’t believe in fun bad when it comes to teams I root for. When they’re bad it’s not fun.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:41 am 

It will be a success if they get me to watch even a single game from start to finish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:46 am 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
good dolphin wrote:
It will be a success if they get me to watch even a single game from start to finish

Why would you do that, though?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Sanfratellos
With what I am hearing about the type of players that will be available in the upcoming draft i kind of want them to tank actually but I know that they can't. They have enough talent to be competitive. Even in a relatively tougher Eastern Conference. Haven't gone through the Conference enough to ascertain the sure fire playoff locks but there are probably 7 teams easily.. Particularly with the Westbrook trade.

If the Bulls fail to make the playoffs that will be the primary reason. They will win minimum 15 more games than last year. imo.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
good dolphin wrote:

I'd call it a success even if the Bulls got me to watch the 4th quarter of more than 2 games.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:13 pm 

I'm just hoping that they can hold my interest until spring training games start.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It’s been hopeless since Rose was injured. And it feels even more hopeless now. Unless you luck into a title only free agent destination cities are regular contenders.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:36 pm 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
It’s been hopeless since Rose was injured. And it feels even more hopeless now. Unless you luck into a title only free agent destination cities are regular contenders.

The free agent destination stuff is overrated outside of the Lakers. The Clippers, Knicks & Nets aren’t counting rings. The Warriors weren’t a destination until they became a powerhouse through the draft. A good coach, GM and a bit of draft success makes you a contender. The Bulls haven’t had that combination since Rose was injured. It’s a personnel issue more than a city one.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
The Bulls have had some pretty good groups of personnel the last 20 years that a top tier free agent would have taken over the top.

It’s a Krause, and maybe not wanting to live in IL thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:44 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

The free agent destination stuff is overrated outside of the Lakers. The Clippers, Knicks & Nets aren’t counting rings. The Warriors weren’t a destination until they became a powerhouse through the draft. A good coach, GM and a bit of draft success makes you a contender. The Bulls haven’t had that combination since Rose was injured. It’s a personnel issue more than a city one.

Zero question this is all true.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:20 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
The Bulls have had some pretty good groups of personnel the last 20 years that a top tier free agent would have taken over the top.

Not wanting to live here is an issue. I mean LeBron and Wade could have joined the Bulls with Rose, Noah, Deng, etc. what’s a better basketball situation? That or Miami with Bosh?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:22 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

Not wanting to live here is an issue. I mean LeBron and Wade could have joined the Bulls with Rose, Noah, Deng, etc. what’s a better basketball situation? That or Miami with Bosh?

Chicago is not the problem. That’s a lazy meme.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:24 pm 

There hasn’t been a major free agent to sign here that had an equal offer since?

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:36 pm 

There hasn’t been a major free agent to sign here that had an equal offer since?

The 2010 thing was already preordained to be in Miami. Several trustworthy sources have confirmed this. The deal was made between Wade and Lebron in the 2008 olympics if LeBron didn’t win a title in Cleveland. From every credible source (not Jason Goff), Chicago was literally never an option for those guys.

Zippy is right. I think there’s truth to the idea that Krause/MJ hurt Bulls FA status for a bit but that’s ancient history. I’m certain a guy like Giannis or whoever doesn’t give a shit about that.

Get a good FO, good coach, and good core together with cap room and you’re a contender to land a premium FA. If a premium FA isn’t available you can do the Clippers thing of going all in on a trade for a guy but that’s dumb imo.

The fix comes from the top down, not the bottom up. Hopefully AK and Donovan can fix it. That’s the hope. Anything else is a pipe dream.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

The 2010 thing was already preordained to be in Miami. Several trustworthy sources have confirmed this. The deal was made between Wade and Lebron in the 2008 olympics if LeBron didn’t win a title in Cleveland. From every credible source (not Jason Goff), Chicago was literally never an option for those guys.

Zippy is right. I think there’s truth to the idea that Krause/MJ hurt Bulls FA status for a bit but that’s ancient history. I’m certain a guy like Giannis or whoever doesn’t give a shit about that.

Get a good FO, good coach, and good core together with cap room and you’re a contender to land a premium FA. If a premium FA isn’t available you can do the Clippers thing of going all in on a trade for a guy but that’s dumb imo.

The fix comes from the top down, not the bottom up. Hopefully AK and Donovan can fix it. That’s the hope. Anything else is a pipe dream.

I think the Clippers situation may end the "trade a bunch of first" for someone. I could see George bolting and who knows what Kawhi will do. From what I have read Doc let those two really fuck up that team. Especially George who hasn't done shit when it mattered in a long time.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:48 pm 

I hope this is right but I think NBA players see this as a backwater. It’s New York, LA, Golden State or Miami. A player dominated league is bad for business.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:55 pm 

I hope this is right but I think NBA players see this as a backwater. It’s New York, LA, Golden State or Miami. A player dominated league is bad for business.

Who has New York landed in the past 20 years?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
FavreFan wrote:

Durant and kyrie? You don’t have to be on the knicks to live in NY.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:00 pm 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Durant and kyrie? You don’t have to be on the knicks to live in NY.

Brooklyn isn’t New York and they landed them for the exact reason described above - good FO, good coach (which Durant and Kyrie hilariously fired) and good competitive core to put them in the conversation.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next