It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The Bulls beat a crappy team. yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:34 pm 

Wtf? Getting smoked by fucking Cleveland? Another year of this crap and I'm done.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Regular Reader wrote:
Wtf? Getting smoked by fucking Cleveland? Another year of this crap and I'm done.

I have watched more this year than the previous few combined. I was hoping to see player development and better coaching. But it is the same frustrating team. Lavine has exceeded all my expectations but has that feel of a really good player that will always lead a losing team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:40 pm 

denisdman wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I have watched more this year than the previous few combined. I was hoping to see player development and better coaching. But it is the same frustrating team. Lavine has exceeded all my expectations but has that feel of a really good player that will always lead a losing team.

I really didn't want to think this, but the lack of identity of this franchise says otherwise.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
This team has a worse future than the Bears. They suck!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: What??
blackhawksfan wrote:

Did they do due diligence when they hired Donovan? I don't know. Donovan is as frustrated as the fans are.
It's like he's saying, "I know exactly what needs to be done, but the players just won't do it, or are incapable of doing it." But he's in a large boat. Many coaches are saying it. There's been more blowouts this year than there have been in 70 years.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
blackhawksfan wrote:

I agree with the last part but not necessarily the first. If Patrick Williams develops and they sign a competent point guard they are a top 6 team in the East. If Williams becomes a stud they are top 3. If he’s a bust then yeah they are destined to suck for the next few seasons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:40 am 

pizza_Place: John's
What gives you any indication that Patrick Williams will be anything but nice bench/defensive player?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:19 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

I agree with the last part but not necessarily the first. If Patrick Williams develops and they sign a competent point guard they are a top 6 team in the East. If Williams becomes a stud they are top 3. If he’s a bust then yeah they are destined to suck for the next few seasons.

Those are a lot of "ifs". I liked the pick when the Bulls drafted him, but Williams hasn't looked like a future stud so far from what I've seen. Also, what is the Bulls salary cap situation? Do they have room to sign a good or very good point guard? Giving up 2 firsts for Vucevic doesn't look like a great move so far.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
blackhawksfan wrote:

They're not good. Not yet at least. A lot of people forget how good Miami is though. They made it to the Finals last season. And yes, what happened in the bubble absolutely counts. They beat Giannis 4 out of 5 times and then beat the Celtics 4 out of 6.

So losing by 5 points without LaVine in the arena is alright. Let Arturas and Eversley do their thing. The roster will look a lot different next season. Maybe they pay Lonzo? Either way, they'll make the playoffs next season and hopefully make enough noise to interest one of/two of:

John Wall
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
Kemba Walker
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Chris Paul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:32 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
What gives you any indication that Patrick Williams will be anything but nice bench/defensive player?

I’m not predicting greatness but it’s certainly possible. He’s the 2nd youngest player in the league and has put up reasonably good stats. His college experience was limited as well. It’s really going to be a test of the new management team. Next season will be huge.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:57 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Those are a lot of "ifs". I liked the pick when the Bulls drafted him, but Williams hasn't looked like a future stud so far from what I've seen. Also, what is the Bulls salary cap situation? Do they have room to sign a good or very good point guard? Giving up 2 firsts for Vucevic doesn't look like a great move so far.

Hard to tell on the cap. If they let Lauri, Young and Sato go then they’ve got some room.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Hard to tell on the cap. If they let Lauri, Young and Sato go then they got some room.

I would be very surprised if they let Young go. As Michael Pina documented, he's been one of their most important players this season:

Quote:
Behind LaVine, Young has been the Bulls’ most significant revelation. They outscore opponents by 5.5 points per 100 possessions when he’s on the floor and are outscored by 7.7 points per 100 possessions when he sits. It’s the type of imprint typically made by superstars, especially on offense, and the results have glimmered even brighter when Young is surrounded by reliable players. (Chicago has outscored opponents by 10.7 points per 100 possessions in lineups that feature Young but not Coby White, Wendell Carter Jr. or Lauri Markkanen.)

Young entered the starting lineup in the middle of March after making a better Sixth Man of the Year case than anyone outside Salt Lake City. He should be a staple of that first unit now and going forward, with an adaptive guile that makes up for a nonexistent outside shot (he’s 6-for-25 on threes this season). The 32-year-old’s highest assist rate coming into this season was 12.4%. Now it’s 26.5%. His true shooting percentage is also at a career-high.

Assuming the Bulls guarantee Young’s contract this summer, he can help mold what their religion should be: methodical, occasionally unstoppable offense that leans on post-ups, keen bigs directing traffic from the high post (Young ranks fourth in elbow touches per game—despite averaging only 25 minutes—and Vučević is sixth), smart cuts and passes. Once comfortable as a group, they’ll swirl through an improvisational series of ball screens, pin downs and (fake) dribble handoffs that are accentuated by constant movement on the weak side and a willingness to reverse the ball.

LaVine’s two-man game with Vučević is common-sense gold and the bedrock of Chicago’s playbook. But when the Bulls need a bucket or have to stop a run, LaVine’s partnership with Young has been Chicago’s bread and butter all year long. Young doesn’t have Vučević’s gravity popping out to the three-point line, but he can expertly play-make out of 4-on-3 situations and bully switches into submission.

There’s a reason LaVine lobbied the team not to trade Young before the deadline. He sees the game from a crow’s nest and can make quick decisions in real time.

Pina says the Bulls can let Lauri and Theis go and still have over $20 million to spend in free agency this offseason. That seems like the way they'll go. Apparently Beale and Donovan have a strong relationship. I would imagine he'll be a guy the Bulls will try to lure to Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:20 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
blackhawksfan wrote:

Hard to tell on the cap. If they let Lauri, Young and Sato go then they got some room.

I would be very surprised if they let Young go. As Michael Pina documented, he's been one of their most important players this season:

Quote:
Behind LaVine, Young has been the Bulls’ most significant revelation. They outscore opponents by 5.5 points per 100 possessions when he’s on the floor and are outscored by 7.7 points per 100 possessions when he sits. It’s the type of imprint typically made by superstars, especially on offense, and the results have glimmered even brighter when Young is surrounded by reliable players. (Chicago has outscored opponents by 10.7 points per 100 possessions in lineups that feature Young but not Coby White, Wendell Carter Jr. or Lauri Markkanen.)

Young entered the starting lineup in the middle of March after making a better Sixth Man of the Year case than anyone outside Salt Lake City. He should be a staple of that first unit now and going forward, with an adaptive guile that makes up for a nonexistent outside shot (he’s 6-for-25 on threes this season). The 32-year-old’s highest assist rate coming into this season was 12.4%. Now it’s 26.5%. His true shooting percentage is also at a career-high.

Assuming the Bulls guarantee Young’s contract this summer, he can help mold what their religion should be: methodical, occasionally unstoppable offense that leans on post-ups, keen bigs directing traffic from the high post (Young ranks fourth in elbow touches per game—despite averaging only 25 minutes—and Vučević is sixth), smart cuts and passes. Once comfortable as a group, they’ll swirl through an improvisational series of ball screens, pin downs and (fake) dribble handoffs that are accentuated by constant movement on the weak side and a willingness to reverse the ball.

LaVine’s two-man game with Vučević is common-sense gold and the bedrock of Chicago’s playbook. But when the Bulls need a bucket or have to stop a run, LaVine’s partnership with Young has been Chicago’s bread and butter all year long. Young doesn’t have Vučević’s gravity popping out to the three-point line, but he can expertly play-make out of 4-on-3 situations and bully switches into submission.

There’s a reason LaVine lobbied the team not to trade Young before the deadline. He sees the game from a crow’s nest and can make quick decisions in real time.

Pina says the Bulls can let Lauri and Theis go and still have over $20 million to spend in free agency this offseason. That seems like the way they'll go. Apparently Beale and Donovan have a strong relationship. I would imagine he'll be a guy the Bulls will try to lure to Chicago.

Fine by me however they go about it. If they can get below the cap enough to sign a couple of pieces then I think they’re on the right track. This season has become a disappointment but I’m willing to give it another year before casting judgement.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:56 am 

Who the hell is Michael Pina? Why do we care what he thinks? Nobody wanted to give up a late-1st for Thaddeus Young because nobody thought he was worth it. Also, does Michael Pina believe Bradley Beal is a free agent this summer? Because he’s not. The earliest he’ll be one is in 2022.

Assuming Al-Faroqu Aminu accepts his $10 million player option and the Bulls decide not to pick up Arcadiacono’s option (I’m also assuming they let Markkanen walk) they’ll have about $16 million to play with.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:25 am 
1000 CLUB

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Who the hell is Michael Pina? Why do we care what he thinks? Nobody wanted to give up a late-1st for Thaddeus Young because nobody thought he was worth it. Also, does Michael Pina believe Bradley Beal is a free agent this summer? Because he’s not. The earliest he’ll be one is in 2022.

Assuming Al-Faroqu Aminu accepts his $10 million player option and the Bulls decide not to pick up Arcadiacono’s option (I’m also assuming they let Markkanen walk) they’ll have about $16 million to play with.

Pina writes for SI.

Beal can opt out of his contract this summer, but Pina only considers it a "dream scenario" that the Bulls could acquire him.

Are you saying that Pina is wrong about Young's performance this year? If so, why? I only check in with the Bulls intermittently, but to me they look much better with him on the floor than on the bench.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:47 am 

Young can’t shoot. The Bulls look better with him on the floor because when he’s on the bench, Denzel Valentine, Al-Farouq Aminu, or Lauri Markkanen is playing in his place. Young is going to be waived to add more money to Lonzo Ball’s offer sheet. A team waives a player when no other team wants to give up anything of value.

And again, Beal, at the earliest, is a free agent in 2022.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:20 am 
1000 CLUB

I guess I misread Pina's comments on Beal. You're right, he can't opt out until 2022.

Your comments about waiving Young to make room for Beal seem logical.

That doesn't mean, however, that the Bulls haven't been a lot better with Young on the floor than off of it this season.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:31 am 

They’re going to waive Young to make room for Ball, not Beal. It’s still very early over here too :lol: :lol:

They may have to waive both Young and Satoransky to compete with the Knicks for Ball. And they’re going to let Markkanen go for nothing. All for Lonzo Ball. 3 steps back, 2 steps forward. Very Bulls.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
is Doug McDermott available ?

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
This team is just completely lost. Despite swapping out Boylen, Foreman, and Paxson, they are almost just as bad (in fact, were 11th in the conference last year, and now 12th). I think LaVine is a problem, and wish they would have traded him. Something seemed to change from before the deadline, where many fans wanted him gone but were hoping he would look good enough to bring decent value in a trade. He then made the All-Star team (barely), and all of a sudden he became untouchable and talked about as a cornerstone piece. I don't know if he's a cancer, but at the very least he appears to be someone who doesn't make the team better.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:15 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
I think LaVine is a problem, and wish they would have traded him. Something seemed to change from before the deadline, where many fans wanted him gone but were hoping he would look good enough to bring decent value in a trade. He then made the All-Star team (barely), and all of a sudden he became untouchable and talked about as a cornerstone piece. I don't know if he's a cancer, but at the very least he appears to be someone who doesn't make the team better.

Oh, for fuck’s sake.

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Why in the fuck would Beal come here?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:04 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:

what if they get lebrons son?

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 8:42 pm 

lavine is trying too hard and fuckin up

garret temple MONSTER BLOCK!

bulls acting like they have a chance but they dont... but fun to watch them try really hard and get their ass kicked.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 9:05 pm 

zach single handedly pulls them within 11 and 5min left. he is in fuck you mode. i love to see it.

maybe we shouldn't try this hard, so when we meet the nets in the playoffs they wont have a lot of tape they can use to gain a slight edge over us?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8