It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Troy Brown looked good in the bubble last year, he was buried on Washington's bench.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
RFDC wrote:
You take my trash, and I will take your trash.
hnd wrote:
No deal!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:42 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
You take my trash, and I will take your trash.
hnd wrote:
No deal!

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:52 am 

Aaron Gordon to the Nuggets(who were another Ball suitor) so that's good if you want Lonzo on the Bulls.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Caller Bob wrote:
Troy Brown looked good in the bubble last year, he was buried on Washington's bench.

being buried on Washington's bench is an indictment in and of itself.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

being buried on Washington's bench is an indictment in and of itself.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:34 pm 

Bulls also got Theis from Boston who is a solid backup.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
I didn't realize how many names were in the 2022 free agent class.

John Wall
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
Kemba Walker
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Chris Paul

A lot of PGs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:06 pm 

They will only have the MLE to work with though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:12 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

I'm not so sure.

I used to be better with the NBA salary cap stuff but it looks like they have roughly $62 million tied up between Zach Lavine, Nikola Vuvevic, Patrick Williams, Coby White, and Troy Brown. That's assuming Theis, Felicio, Temple, and Valentine all walk after this season.

Young ($14 million), Satoransky ($10 million), and Aminu ($10 million) all expire after the '21-'22 season.

If Lavine gets an extension, he'll make more than his current $19.5 million, but there still should be plenty of room for a max contract even if the salary cap remains at $109 million (which it won't).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'm not so sure.

I used to be better with the NBA salary cap stuff but it looks like they have roughly $62 million tied up between Zach Lavine, Nikola Vuvevic, Patrick Williams, Coby White, and Troy Brown. That's assuming Theis, Felicio, Temple, and Valentine all walk after this season.

Young ($14 million), Satoransky ($10 million), and Aminu ($10 million) all expire after the '21-'22 season.

If Lavine gets an extension, he'll make more than his current $19.5 million, but there still should be plenty of room for a max contract even if the salary cap remains at $109 million (which it won't).

Don't they have to extend Lavine now?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:27 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ron Wolfley wrote:

John Wall
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
Kemba Walker
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Chris Paul

A lot of PGs.

We got to draft one, White isn't a PG and he should be traded, Valentine and Satoranski should be launched. Lot of bad money on this roster to cut.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:46 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'm not so sure.

Don't they have to extend Lavine now?

Next season is his last under contract. I imagine they can extend him at any time from now until June 30, 2022.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:03 am 

312player wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

John Wall
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
Kemba Walker
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Chris Paul

A lot of PGs.

We got to draft one, White isn't a PG and he should be traded, Valentine and Satoranski should be launched. Lot of bad money on this roster to cut.

Because I don't get very excited over signing a Mike Conely, Kyle Lowry, or Goran Dragic this summer, I'm with you. It would be real interesting if the Bulls lose more than they win over the last 29 games. They play some really tough teams multiple times (Bucks, Nets, Celtics, Heat). And the Spurs, Warriors, Jazz, Suns, Pacers, and Raptors is a rough stretch that starts tomorrow night. It's entirely possible this new group needs time to mesh and they miss the playoffs and hang right around the 9th or 10th worst record in the league. Maybe they get lucky again and land in the top 4.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:07 am 

Vuc just steps in for Lauri(they are basically the same player except Vuc is who you wanted Lauri to be), I think they take off and easily get the 6th seed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
312player wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

John Wall
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
Kemba Walker
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Chris Paul

A lot of PGs.

Are you going to draft a starting PG with the 2nd rounder they have for 2021? or are you assuming someone will offer up a high 1st for one of the guys you've listed?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

John Wall
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
Kemba Walker
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Chris Paul

A lot of PGs.

Are you going to draft a starting PG with the 2nd rounder they have for 2021? or are you assuming someone will offer up a high 1st for one of the guys you've listed?

Neither, Id say were fucked. You cant whiff on multi lotto picks like that and recover. Ultimately we need to draft a PG. Because were not getting a top 12 pg to sign here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:30 pm 

312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

John Wall
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
Kemba Walker
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Chris Paul

A lot of PGs.

Neither, Id say were fucked. You cant whiff on multi lotto picks like that and recover. Ultimately we need to draft a PG. Because were not getting a top 12 pg to sign here.

It's a shame they weren't able to trade Thaddeus Young to a contender for a late 1st Rounder. I guess they can still do something like that in the offseason.

Lonzo just came out and said he wants to stay in New Orleans. Chris Paul will opt out to sign a 1+1 deal but who knows if he will stay in Phoenix or go someplace else. Mike Conely and Kyle Lowry will be unrestricted. I love me some Dragic, but he's hurt way too often during this stage of his career. Dennis Schroder will sign with a bad team because they'll pay him the most money. Patty Mills from San Antonio would be an intriguing choice. That dude can shoot. Spencer Dinwiddie is another option as well coming off an ACL tear. Or bring back Derrick? I like Mills, Dinwiddie, or Rose being a placeholder until 2022 because I believe you might be able to land one of Westbrook, Wall, Curry, Kemba, or Irving the following summer.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
This strikes me as a kind of a Ryan Pace/John Paxon desperation win now move. I thought the idea was to be patient, take this season to evaluate the team and build young from the ground up type thing. This seems like a very ‘we don’t have an actual plan’ moment.

I mean, this is a lottery team that should be in full ‘build’ mode that just tossed away 2 of the next 3 drafts so they can meddle around .500 and get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs for the next few years.

It has a sort of Carlos Boozer vibe -but we don’t have a prime D-Rose and developing Jimmy Butler to compliment it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:51 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

John Wall
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
Kemba Walker
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Chris Paul

A lot of PGs.

I can't agree or disagree with you on that, but I can guarantee Karnisovas thinks he can. I assume that's why he made this trade. And I also assume Markkanen is gone for something, hopefully not a bag of balls.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
City of Fools wrote:
312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

John Wall
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry
Bradley Beal
Jimmy Butler
Kemba Walker
Kawhi Leonard
Kyrie Irving
Chris Paul

A lot of PGs.

I can't agree or disagree with you on that, but I can guarantee Karnisovas thinks he can. I assume that's why he made this trade. And I also assume Markkanen is gone for something, hopefully not a bag of balls.
Sounds like he’d bring back a 2nd round pick and a trade exception.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
NME wrote:
This strikes me as a kind of a Ryan Pace/John Paxon desperation win now move. I thought the idea was to be patient, take this season to evaluate the team and build young from the ground up type thing. This seems like a very ‘we don’t have an actual plan’ moment.

I mean, this is a lottery team that should be in full ‘build’ mode that just tossed away 2 of the next 3 drafts so they can meddle around .500 and get bounced in the 1st round of the playoffs for the next few years.

It has a sort of Carlos Boozer vibe -but we don’t have a prime D-Rose and developing Jimmy Butler to compliment it.

Perfect summation of what I thought when this trade went down. I could understand this trade more if it was 2010 free agency all over again this summer..to show that Bulls are ready to win now and this team has moved on from circuses past. This is a move you make when you are ready to be a top 4 team in the East and not middling in NBA hell. I sure hope Vucevic’s feet, knees or back don’t start going bad or else Karnisovas will have to answer some difficult questions or pull a Pace and disappear.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
No reasonable person would expect a trade exists that would make the Bulls competitive with the likes of Brooklyn or the Heat.

Noting that...can’t we just enjoy being slightly better? This was an obvious upgrade and having a decent team is better than having a mediocre team (albeit not as exciting as a good team).

Let’s not get sucked into dumbass Bernstein, THE GOAL IS TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS mode. The goal is to have an entertaining night watching a game, and I think this trade will lead to more of those nights this season.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
No reasonable person would expect a trade exists that would make the Bulls competitive with the likes of Brooklyn or the Heat.

Noting that...can’t we just enjoy being slightly better? This was an obvious upgrade and having a decent team is better than having a mediocre team (albeit not as exciting as a good team).

Let’s not get sucked into dumbass Bernstein, THE GOAL IS TO WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS mode. The goal is to have an entertaining night watching a game, and I think this trade will lead to more of those nights this season.

Yep.

Enjoy not sucking.

Baby steps.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Caller Bob wrote:

buried on Washingtons' bench is an oxymoron right?

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
At first I thought they traded for this guy: Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
0-2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:23 am 

I'm pretty comfortable with the now actualized return the bulls gave to the Magic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
good dolphin wrote:
I'm pretty comfortable with the now actualized return the bulls gave to the Magic

Magic also own the pick in 23 too. I'm good with the trade for Vuk. If it pans out that pick in 23 will be in the 20's somewhere.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.