It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
I know the local sports media has been focused on local baseball and the new QB in town but I’m surprised by how little attention this has gotten. B&R touched on it briefly in transition - which was the 1st I’d heard of it.

Chicago Bulls guard Coby White will be sidelined for at least four months with a left shoulder injury.

The Bulls announced the news on Thursday. White suffered the injury "while engaged in basketball activities away from the team," according to the Bulls. He underwent surgery and will be re-evaluated in four months. The team didn't reveal what the specific injury is. A four-month timeline would leave White ready for the start of the 2021-22 regular season but not for training camp.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
I know the local sports media has been focused on local baseball and the new QB in town [/i]

*And people's vaccination status...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Tripped over Boozer’s gym bag.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Should expedite the search for a new PG. I hope he gets well but he is terrible at the game of basketball.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Despite Bernstein's pronouncements to the contrary, this franchise still seems adrift to me.

I have yet to hear a compelling explanation for why the team gave up two (2) first-round draft picks for a 30-year-old center who has only two years remaining on his contract and is a good-but-not-great player.

I guess the team's brain trust is heavily banking on being able to rebuild through free agency and trades. I'm skeptical that this strategy will pay dividends, but I suppose only time will tell.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Should expedite the search for a new PG. I hope he gets well but he is terrible at the game of basketball.

He seems best suited to be a scorer off the bench.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:46 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

He seems best suited to be a scorer off the bench.

Yep.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Tall Midget wrote:
Despite Bernstein's pronouncements to the contrary, this franchise still seems adrift to me.

I have yet to hear a compelling explanation for why the team gave up two (2) first-round draft picks for a 30-year-old center who has only two years remaining on his contract and is a good-but-not-great player.

I guess the team's brain trust is heavily banking on being able to rebuild through free agency and trades. I'm skeptical that this strategy will pay dividends, but I suppose only time will tell.

Bernstein thinks they’re headed in the right direction ?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:28 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Didn't really have a problem with the Vuk trade. Weren't going anywhere with Wendell Carter as a starting center and the picks are top 4 protected. Drafting outside of that just gets you more of Wendell Carter.

I like the moves that AK has made thus far. I think Patrick Williams is going to be a stud. He needs to cut bait with Coby White and I have seen enough of Lauri Markannen too. They aren't winning basketball players.

If he keeps either past next season then it might be cause for pause but not yet.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

The Missing Link wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Didn't really have a problem with the Vuk trade. Weren't going anywhere with Wendell Carter as a starting center and the picks are top 4 protected. Drafting outside of that just gets you more of Wendell Carter.

I like the moves that AK has made thus far. I think Patrick Williams is going to be a stud. He needs to cut bait with Coby White and I have seen enough of Lauri Markannen too. They aren't winning basketball players.

If he keeps either past next season then it might be cause for pause but not yet.

I like Williams as well. But I don't like trading 2 first-round picks for Vucevic, especially given his age, ability and contract situation. AK has significantly narrowed the team's path forward by trading away the draft assets. Maybe he will thread the needle on free agency, but I remain a skeptic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Bernstein thinks they’re headed in the right direction ?

He loves Donovan and Vucevic, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:14 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

I like Williams as well. But I don't like trading 2 first-round picks for Vucevic, especially given his age, ability and contract situation. AK has significantly narrowed the team's path forward by trading away the draft assets. Maybe he will thread the needle on free agency, but I remain a skeptic.

We drafted 7th three years in a row and none of the 3 players are keepers. The pick is top 4 protected which was key. We aren't giving up the No. 1 draft pick for Vuk and he was an All Star this past season. He can still play at a High Level for about 3 more seasons. They needed to surround Zach Lavine with some talent. And they did. Now they just have to add a solid PG and few decent guys off the bench and they might slide into the top5 of the East next season.They have about 5 guys that they need to cut bait with quick and they will be all good

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:

Yeah. And to me that's why the Bulls aren't worth paying attention to. The strategy is to attract free agents because they have two borderline All-Stars? They seem further away than ever.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Yeah. And to me that's why the Bulls aren't worth paying attention to. The strategy is to attract free agents because they have two borderline All-Stars? They seem further away than ever.

They are closer. Getting rid of GarPax has changed perceptions of the Bulls.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:01 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
No star FA is ever coming here. Warm weather wins again.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:43 am 

The Bulls don't need to focus on the free agent market anyway. They need to make a trade for a good player. If White and Markannen are valued as good players then they should be able to net a good player in return. Most of the really good players rarely switch teams anyway and when they do its to form super teams these days.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:10 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
No star FA is ever coming here. Warm weather wins again.

chicago isnt fun either