It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Bulls should be no lower than 5th or 6th in the conf. Last year they only had 1 guy that could get his own shot at the start of the season. Now they have 3-4 depending on how Williams progresses. That's huge. They will have some challenges defensively but their "Big 3" should be able to score between 60-70 points a night. AK will have to shore up the bench with White and Markkanen having to accept their roles. That is provided they aren't traded first. Personally I'd deal both now as it is obvious they aren't in the future plans. Deal them while they still have value.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

Last edited by The Missing Link on Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
LeMarcus Aldridge anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Bucks, Nets, Hawks, Heat, Sixers, Bulls

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:30 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
LeMarcus Aldridge anyone?

Yep.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:32 pm 

Why? What do they have left in money? A mid cap exemption?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:39 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Because he can back up at the 4-5 and he is insurance just in case PWill is not a 4. Aldridge can still play and I doubt that he will cost much.

They need one more big. And a backup wing player also.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:49 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Because he can back up at the 4-5 and he is insurance just in case PWill is not a 4. Aldridge can still play and I doubt that he will cost much.

I looked it up. They are capped. But they do have a $9 mil mid level exemption and a bi-annual exemption for $3 million

Also looks like a sign and trade on Markannen(Bird Clause) would be the way to go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:50 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
i saw one clip where chris broussard went all hot take like HELL NO the bullsbsint cintenders. Ook.at how stacked thebeast is:

1) bkn
2) mil
3) mia
4) 76ers
5) atlanta
6) knicks
7) boston? Indiana?
8) indiana? Boston?
Play-in) TALKABOUTDABULL

so reListically the bulls could finish from lottery up to maybe 5th or 6th if a lot goes for them while MANY things go wrong for trae/hawks snd randle/knicks.

Plus the knicks have thibodeau, who can turn a 35-45 win team.into one that wins 55/+

So the east is stacked snd the bullsbhsve a chance to finish innthe bityom hakf if the eastern bracket abd, at worst, face mil/bkn in the first round. Otherwise you COUKD beat the knicks (in six!) Or atlanta/indana but goid luck gstting then un the playoffs. I forget if rhe NBA reseeds throughout the playoffs so yeah, it would take a perfect storm.confluence for them to.be lefit contenders in the east, let alone facing lebron or the clips or even nuggs in the finals.

So yeah it should be more exciting meaning basketball all year and etc, but unless lauri sticks around snd fughts out coby white fkr 6th man (the bulls hwve dw facto 7th man) and they do an 03/04 pistons i cant see too much changing outside of a quite possible plYoff berth.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
The Great Northern wrote:
Probably a top three team in the East now. I guess I'll start paying attention to the NBA again.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:29 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
denisdman wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
denisdman wrote:
They sure like to give up first round picks.

If this thing works out correctly it will be worthless by 25. They are trying to field a competitive team right now and I'm all in for that.

Yeah I am glad they are doing something. It will be more interesting. But if this misses, NBA hell awaits. And I do not see a superstar on this roster. My guess is when healthy they win a lot of regular season games. They will shit the bed in the playoffs.

I think their ceiling is the 2nd round but with Atlanta making it to the Conference Finals with that shitty ass roster anything is possible.The Bulls are better than them at least.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
The Missing Link wrote:
Bulls should be no lower than 5th or 6th in the conf. Last year they only had 1 guy that could get his own shot at the start of the season. Now they have 3-4 depending on how Williams progresses. That's huge. They will have some challenges defensively but their "Big 3" should be able to score between 60-70 points a night. AK will have to shore up the bench with White and Markkanen having to accept their roles. That is provided they aren't traded first. Personally I'd deal both now as it is obvious they aren't in the future plans. Deal them while they still have value.

The Bulls missed the playoffs last year. Admittedly, I'm not a a regular NBA follower, so I wouldn't argue with any of you that do follow the league closely. I'd say simply that the were 11th in the East last season....Climbing to 6th is about as optimistic as I could get. They still need to draft an NBA Superstar to be really interesting....I don't see that happening any time soon.

Predicting an improvement higher than 6th is getting to Nas / Bears levels of homerism :lol:

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:20 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

The Bulls missed the playoffs last year. Admittedly, I'm not a a regular NBA follower, so I wouldn't argue with any of you that do follow the league closely. I'd say simply that the were 11th in the East last season....Climbing to 6th is about as optimistic as I could get. They still need to draft an NBA Superstar to be really interesting....I don't see that happening any time soon.

Predicting an improvement higher than 6th is getting to Nas / Bears levels of homerism :lol:

Atlanta missed it the previous year and ended up 5th. The Bulls have more talent going into the year than Atlanta had last year.

They have 2 guys that were All Stars last season and even Derozan played at an All Star level.

It really isn't a stretch to say that they can have 15-20 more wins than last season given the upgrade in talent. Plus my Guy PWill should take the next step and none of the "cornerstone" guys are thought of as such anymore. 1 is gone with the other 2 to be moved within the next year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Phoenix went from missing the playoffs to a 2 seed

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:17 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Phoenix went from missing the playoffs to a 2 seed

And almost winning it all before Yannis finally woke up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:23 pm 
1000 CLUB

sinicalypse wrote:
i saw one clip where chris broussard went all hot take like HELL NO the bullsbsint cintenders. Ook.at how stacked thebeast is:

1) bkn
2) mil
3) mia
4) 76ers
5) atlanta
6) knicks
7) boston? Indiana?
8) indiana? Boston?
Play-in) TALKABOUTDABULL

so reListically the bulls could finish from lottery up to maybe 5th or 6th if a lot goes for them while MANY things go wrong for trae/hawks snd randle/knicks.

Plus the knicks have thibodeau, who can turn a 35-45 win team.into one that wins 55/+

So the east is stacked snd the bullsbhsve a chance to finish innthe bityom hakf if the eastern bracket abd, at worst, face mil/bkn in the first round. Otherwise you COUKD beat the knicks (in six!) Or atlanta/indana but goid luck gstting then un the playoffs. I forget if rhe NBA reseeds throughout the playoffs so yeah, it would take a perfect storm.confluence for them to.be lefit contenders in the east, let alone facing lebron or the clips or even nuggs in the finals.

So yeah it should be more exciting meaning basketball all year and etc, but unless lauri sticks around snd fughts out coby white fkr 6th man (the bulls hwve dw facto 7th man) and they do an 03/04 pistons i cant see too much changing outside of a quite possible plYoff berth.

Why does Miami get so much love? Does adding Lowry make that big of a difference?

Clearly Brooklyn and Milwaukee are the class of the East next season. Everyone else is probably in a different tier.

I can see Chicago, assuming health, being a top 5 or 6 team in the East, but it's hard to see how this team is going to stop anyone. I don't like giving multi-year deals to guys like Caruso, but whatever. I am excited they are now adding legitimate talent and think they are going to be a fun team to watch, but can see this group winning 45 or so games.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: My moms grave
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:

I looked it up. They are capped. But they do have a $9 mil mid level exemption and a bi-annual exemption for $3 million

Also looks like a sign and trade on Markannen(Bird Clause) would be the way to go.

They just have the BAE, the MLE went to Caruso. It was originally reported it wouldn't be he ended up getting that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Lauri to Cleveland in a sign and trade.

No word on compensation back to the Bulls.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'll be interested to see what they get back. Bleacher Report said they turned down multiple trades because they wanted a 1st.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:08 am 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:08 am 

Derrick Jones Jr and Portlands lottery protected 1st and a future 2nd from cleveland

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:09 am 

So a player, a mid to late 1st, and a 2nd.

I guess that's okay.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:35 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:

I guess that's okay.

it's not like Lauri did anything to prove he was worth more than that.

If Bulls are serious about making the playoffs, Jones gives them a willing and long defender which they definitely need. Doesn't provide much else and when he defends on the perimeter he has a tendency to rack up fouls, but should still improve the Bulls overall defense.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:51 am 

shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I guess that's okay.

If Bulls are serious about making the playoffs, Jones gives them a willing and long defender which they definitely need. Doesn't provide much else and when he defends on the perimeter he has a tendency to rack up fouls, but should still improve the Bulls overall defense.

Yeah I think it comes down what the protections are on the pick. Anything 20 and below is worthless though they can package it for something of value layer.

Jones doesn't do much as a player but he can spot some minutes as a backup 4. They are grooming Williams to be a 4 so they are really the only legitimate 4's on the roster. I was hoping that they could add Milsap for that backup role but guess not.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:56 am 

shakes wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

I guess that's okay.

Absolutely.

Just a shame another top 10 pick was a bust.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
So is he still baby Dirk or no?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:11 pm 

Jones won't make the roster. Nice to get a 1st back.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:41 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Jones won't make the roster. Nice to get a 1st back.

How will he not make the roster? They need a 4

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:03 pm 

Jones isn't a 4.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:06 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Jones isn't a 4.

Pretty sure he will be playing some 4 this year.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:10 pm 

No wonder the Bulls defense is shit then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next